PDA

View Full Version : Kordell worse as analyst than reading Ds

thumper
01-06-2011, 03:23 PM
I was willing to give Kordell the benefit of the doubt.
but he is every bit as bad as an analyst as he was at
reading defenses. Have you seen this blathering fool
on ESPN? Virtually everything that comes out of his mouth
is less informed than the __ average __ NFL fan. He started
the year saying he thought Pgh would be in the basement of
the AFC North. When fellow suits brought up that Cinci had
just lost to Cleveland, he shrugged it off and said Cinci was
still much better than Pgh.

Why does ESPN keep putting him on, if anyone with a modicum
of football vision clearly sees he has no idea what he is talking about?
I mean, it's really obvious. He possesses no unique insight or vision.
I don't care if he played the game or not; he simply is clueless, yet
ESPN keeps putting him on there, offering garbage insights.

TRH
01-06-2011, 03:40 PM
he's HORRIBLE......

fer522
01-06-2011, 03:42 PM
yeah he's pretty bad

Steelboy84
01-06-2011, 03:50 PM
He was much more effective as "slash". That's what he should have stayed.

SteelerFanInATL
01-06-2011, 05:11 PM

Who cares if he is horrible as analyst!!!! He is not working for the STEELERS. It's obvious that you didn't like him as a player and there is nothing wrong with that. He is not employed by the STEELERS anymore and you still dog him. What did he do SO TERRIBLE that you still find a need to talk about him??????? I listened to one of our former players (I forget the name but he played OL) on the radio with B.Hillgrove on WTAE and if I didn't know better you would have thought this guy was never a part of the organization, but no one writes a thread on that. :hunch::hunch: Let the man be R.I.P........
....Retired In Peace LOL

sarahpalinhater
01-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Actually I'm gonna disagree on this one. Kordell actually speaks very very well. And his takes are at least based on reason. Now, you wanna talk BAD! Go to the fools on the NFL Network. Warren Sapp, and Jamie Dukes, are you kidding me ? These guys at like buffoons who still think they're players, and are in a Locker room. Not to mention the likes of Keyshawn Johnson and Michael Irvin. Compared to those guys, Kordell is actually very good.

MDSteel15
01-06-2011, 05:20 PM

Hello, you must be a Kordell hater because I believe that every idiot announcer on ESPN had us at least 3rd because of Ben's crap and us getting rid of Santo... So what's the dif between him and them? You still sour because he didn't bring us a championship? :popcorn:

FanSince72
01-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Who cares if Kordell is on TV as a football analyst?

I mean, do any of you take what ANY talking head has to say as Gospel or as the undisputed truth? Do you NEED their opinion to guide you through life?

Personally, I could do without Trent Dilfer but he's not going anywhere and frankly, outside of "Mike and Mike" I have no use for almost all of these so-called experts.

If you don't like what Kordell or anyone else has to say, do what I do --- either hit the "mute" button or just change the channel.

MDSteel15
01-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Who cares if Kordell is on TV as a football analyst?

I mean, do any of you take what ANY talking head has to say as Gospel or as the undisputed truth? Do you NEED their opinion to guide you through life?

Personally, I could do without Trent Dilfer but he's not going anywhere and frankly, outside of "Mike and Mike" I have no use for almost all of these so-called experts.

If you don't like what Kordell or anyone else has to say, do what I do --- either hit the "mute" button or just change the channel.

Seriously, I think Mike Golic and Stinnk are the most level headed guys out there!

thumper
01-06-2011, 06:04 PM
First of all, it's not as if this place has a plethora of good new threads every
day. So acting like making a thread about a former-Steeler and how he is
doing in _any_ endeavor does not seem out of line to me. It would be different
if there were so many posts that there was a pollution problem in here and
you couldn't get thru the less on-topic posts to find the ones you want; that is
clearly not the case, so enough with that 'tude where bringing up the skill, or
lack there of, of a former player being so off the mark.

Secondly, if you want to "go there" as far as how Kordell was as a QB, fine. It
seems some believe he wasn't so bad. Other than a few fluke years he was
indeed bad. Matter of fact, he was horrible and was kept as the starter
because Cowher (and Rooneys, maybe) couldn't admit that they were all
wrong about this guy as a QB. If you recall, after Kordell's worst season - up
to that point - Cowher pushed for, and got - a huge extension for KS for huge $,
selling the Rooneys that this new contract would restore his confidence, and that
that was what was needed to allow KS to play better. KS not only had 1 season
left on his current deal at the time, but ___TWO___. That was a bonehead move
by Cowher and they never wanted to admit it, hence, KS was allowed to be the
starter longer than any other team would have put up with.

Thirdly, those of you who brainwashed yourself into thinking KS wasn't such a
bad QB, fancy yourself this: At an age where most QBs would be at their prime,
the Bears needed to see him start in 7 games before he was benched and he
never even saw the field as a Raven, where as NO other team even wanted him
at that point, period. If he wasn't crap, why did it take 2 other
teams such super short periods to conclude he sucked? LOGIC. Try it. It is
pretty cool. KS has a career-long 55% completion %. That BLOWS.

thumper
01-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Seriously, I think Mike Golic and Stinnk are the most level headed guys out there!

Mike & Mike, Stink, and Skip Bayless are about the only dudes
who can see football trends clearly. Oh, and Jim Rome. That is about
it.

TRH
01-06-2011, 07:06 PM
As for myself, i really didn't even think about whether Kordell used to play for the Steelers or not. I just found him terrible as an analyst period.

jizzballz
01-06-2011, 07:15 PM

i think you need to go to the bathroom and take a big thumping shit

zulater
01-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Kordell is a joke as an analyst, moreso than he was a quarterback, and that's saying something. And yes I am a Kordell hater, the reason being Kordell never acknowledged blame for anything. It was always the coordinaters fault, or the receivers, but never poor Korkie's.

FanSince72
01-06-2011, 07:35 PM

I agree (and Greenberg's not so bad either).

I just wish that Stinnk would stop dressing like he owned a Fortune 500 company and relax a bit more in the wardrobe department, but other than that I think he's OK.

zulater
01-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Going back to SB XLIII, I reemmber when they had Korkie on ESPN 2's First and 10, and he was asked if any other qb could have led the Steelers to the SB that year. He not only offered himself as an example but among others that he claimed would accomplish the same were Tavares Jackson.:doh::flap:

FanSince72
01-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Mike & Mike, Stink, and Skip Bayless are about the only dudes
who can see football trends clearly. Oh, and Jim Rome. That is about
it.

Skip Bayless?

If he wasn't so damned full of himself all the time I could take him for longer periods.

That said, I'll admit that he usually gets it right but he needs to chill with the "I'm going to give you my opinion" shtick as if he was the Oracle of Delphi and his words were going to be carved in granite and enshrined in some sacred place.

He's a talking head on a sports network, not Ghandi.

FanSince72
01-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Going back to SB XLIII, I reemmber when they had Korkie on ESPN 2's First and 10, and he was asked if any other qb could have led the Steelers to the SB that year. He not only offered himself as an example but among others that he claimed would accomplish the same were Tavares Jackson.:doh::flap:

And didn't ESPN revise its substance abuse policies right after that?

steelerchad
01-06-2011, 07:47 PM

Tim and Pat on NFL sirius radio are the best out there in my opinion. They know good football when they see it.

tony hipchest
01-06-2011, 10:41 PM
I listened to one of our former players (I forget the name but he played OL) on the radio with B.Hillgrove on WTAE and if I didn't know better you would have thought this guy was never a part of the organization, had to be either tunch ilkin (hillgroves partner in the booth) or craig wolfley (their sideline reporter). both are top notch, study the steelers immensely, experienced with the org, and as unbiased as one could expect.

unlike national media they attend and study every game.

Tim and Pat on NFL sirius radio are the best out there in my opinion. They know good football when they see it.i agree. there is no better. tim is an admitted steelers fan and pat easilly acknowledges the steelers as one of the best run organizations out there.

pat predicted the steelers to go 12-4 in 2008 when every other talking heat was saying how brutal their schedule was.

this year pat was the only one who gave the steelers a legitimate shot to win the division and predicted them to atleast be a wildcard team in a tough fought battle with baltimore for AFC north title.

kordell is fine (hoge and malone are/were better). i dont let these ESPN people bother me.

lionslicer
01-06-2011, 11:01 PM
What I want to know... Is how did he get a Job at ESPN....

USWSteel
01-06-2011, 11:35 PM
First of all, it's not as if this place has a plethora of good new threads every
day. So acting like making a thread about a former-Steeler and how he is
doing in _any_ endeavor does not seem out of line to me. It would be different
if there were so many posts that there was a pollution problem in here and
you couldn't get thru the less on-topic posts to find the ones you want; that is
clearly not the case, so enough with that 'tude where bringing up the skill, or
lack there of, of a former player being so off the mark.

Secondly, if you want to "go there" as far as how Kordell was as a QB, fine. It
seems some believe he wasn't so bad. Other than a few fluke years he was
indeed bad. Matter of fact, he was horrible and was kept as the starter
because Cowher (and Rooneys, maybe) couldn't admit that they were all
wrong about this guy as a QB. If you recall, after Kordell's worst season - up
to that point - Cowher pushed for, and got - a huge extension for KS for huge $,
selling the Rooneys that this new contract would restore his confidence, and that
that was what was needed to allow KS to play better. KS not only had 1 season
left on his current deal at the time, but ___TWO___. That was a bonehead move
by Cowher and they never wanted to admit it, hence, KS was allowed to be the
starter longer than any other team would have put up with.

Thirdly, those of you who brainwashed yourself into thinking KS wasn't such a
bad QB, fancy yourself this: At an age where most QBs would be at their prime,
the Bears needed to see him start in 7 games before he was benched and he
never even saw the field as a Raven, where as NO other team even wanted him
at that point, period. If he wasn't crap, why did it take 2 other
teams such super short periods to conclude he sucked? LOGIC. Try it. It is
pretty cool. KS has a career-long 55% completion %. That BLOWS.

I bet he was a better Steelers Qb than you were ? Oh and I bet he has a Espn TV job that you dont have ? How many games did you start for the Steelers ? Right zero.

OX1947
01-07-2011, 12:08 AM
90% of former players who are analyst are terrible. They are only there because of who they are not talent.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-07-2011, 12:26 AM
I bet he was a better Steelers Qb than you were ? Oh and I bet he has a Espn TV job that you dont have ? How many games did you start for the Steelers ? Right zero.

Just going to chime in here and say that I DESPISE the strawman argument. It adds nothing to the conversation. Either way, I'd say Kordell was a just average QB. And I would make a case that he was better than Michael Vick (whom I deem to be very overrated) when he was in his prime. All in all, I'd put him in the top 5 or so QBs in Steelers history...
1. Roethlisberger
2. Bradshaw
3. O'Donnell
4. Layne
T-5. Stewart/Finks/Brister

tony hipchest
01-07-2011, 12:37 AM
to be fair to kordell, he never had a shot in hell in chicago. i think it was john shoop offense (?) where every series had 2 qb draws up the middle for a 1-2 yard gain and a pass.

they very rarely got a first down and kordell got beat the hell up.

and people complain about arians "run-run-pass".

TRH
01-07-2011, 08:19 AM
90% of former players who are analyst are terrible. They are only there because of who they are not talent.

that about sums it up. Howard Cosell's book was a good read explaining the "ex-jockcracy" and how almost all the players should not be in the booth or analysts and there's a lot of great announcing talent out there who never get the chance because of this.
There are a couple good ones. Collinsworth is really getting to be a good one and Phil Simms has made a great transition in the booth as well. I was never a big fan of Deion Sanders but he's pretty decent doing analysis.

StainlessStill
01-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Damn you people are brutal haha. The fact of the matter is, is that even though Kordell had the skills, the dude didn't have a chance at Quarterback here. By the '98 season our team was in mad rebuild mode (and this all coming only in Kordells 2nd full season at starting QB) and that lasted all but 3 years ('98, '99, '00) and by the time '01 hit, Kordell was already damaged goods, going through many benchings, many bad performances and many quarterback coach's and coordinators tinkering with his game that made him so elusive. Kordell had one of his BEST years in '01 but the damage was done and he was already on a short leash in '02, which saw him getting benched after 3 games. He didn't have a chance, period.

zulater
01-07-2011, 10:44 AM
to be fair to kordell, he never had a shot in hell in chicago. i think it was john shoop offense (?) where every series had 2 qb draws up the middle for a 1-2 yard gain and a pass.

I've heard all the excuses a thousand times, the Steelers were a franchise qb away from winning the SB in 97, and 2001. Kordell had the team, he just wasn't the sort of quarterback you can win a championship with. Running qb's are great until the playoffs, Kordell's career post season passer rating is a pathetic 45.6. He couldn't hit a receiver coming out of a break to save his ass. Most of his former coordinaters are still making a living coaching in the NFL, they weren't the reason he failed, he was.

zulater
01-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Just going to chime in here and say that I DESPISE the strawman argument.

Ditto!.

Steeldude
01-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Actually I'm gonna disagree on this one. Kordell actually speaks very very well. And his takes are at least based on reason. Now, you wanna talk BAD! Go to the fools on the NFL Network. Warren Sapp, and Jamie Dukes, are you kidding me ? These guys at like buffoons who still think they're players, and are in a Locker room. Not to mention the likes of Keyshawn Johnson and Michael Irvin. Compared to those guys, Kordell is actually very good.

sapp needs to take some classes in grammar, but he is rather funny.

the people i cannot stand are deion sanders(worst) and jamie dukes.

i wish mark malone was back

TRH
01-07-2011, 10:54 AM
i forgot Merrill Hoge.......he's one of the best ex-jock analysts out there

Steeldude
01-07-2011, 10:58 AM

that could be due to kordell's lack of intelligence. i remember watching some show on either the ravens or the bears about how they had to simplify the offense for kordell to grasp it. it's same as when he was in pittsburgh.

the bears really couldn't do much with a moron who couldn't hit the side of a barn :chuckle:

thumper
01-07-2011, 12:40 PM
that could be due to kordell's lack of intelligence. i remember watching some show on either the ravens or the bears about how they had to simplify the offense for kordell to grasp it. it's same as when he was in pittsburgh.

the bears really couldn't do much with a moron who couldn't hit the side of a barn :chuckle:

And bingo was his name-o. KS was simply too dumb to be
a legit NFL QB and Cowher was too dumb to realize it. Two
rock heads.

thumper
01-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Oh, and this just in: IF you are really stupid, you will make for a horrid
analyst. And that is what we have with KS. He thought Pgh would be
in last place this year. MORON.

thumper
01-07-2011, 12:48 PM

I love it: The dumbest attempted point in the history
of football discussion. "Duuuhhh, you never played in
the NFL." Yea, probably because I wasn't born with
freak athletic ability. And, gee whiz, in order to be on
ESPN I probably would have had to pursue a career
in broadcasting, which I never did. Anyone who thinks
on this low of a level is as dumb as Kordell himself.

thumper
01-07-2011, 12:49 PM
i forgot Merrill Hoge.......he's one of the best ex-jock analysts out there

Yea, Merrill is pretty good. Better than average.

sarahpalinhater
01-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Oh, and this just in: IF you are really stupid, you will make for a horrid
analyst. And that is what we have with KS. He thought Pgh would be
in last place this year. MORON.

I heard Kordell on ESPN First Take before the season, and he never said the steelers would be a last place team. He did say he thought both Cincy and Baltimore would be better, but not Cleveland. So please stop lying. I don't know why you bag on Stew so badly. He is well spoken, Intelligent, and knowledgable. He doesn't talk like one of those " Ghetto " fools like Warren Sapp, or Jamie Dukes, or even Michael Irvin or Keyshawn Johnson, who ALL sound like Gang Bangers, and Ghetto thugs.

And yet you call out Kordell ?

thumper
01-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Damn you people are brutal haha. The fact of the matter is, is that even though Kordell had the skills, the dude didn't have a chance at Quarterback here. By the '98 season our team was in mad rebuild mode (and this all coming only in Kordells 2nd full season at starting QB) and that lasted all but 3 years ('98, '99, '00) and by the time '01 hit, Kordell was already damaged goods, going through many benchings, many bad performances and many quarterback coach's and coordinators tinkering with his game that made him so elusive. Kordell had one of his BEST years in '01 but the damage was done and he was already on a short leash in '02, which saw him getting benched after 3 games. He didn't have a chance, period.

This is crap. Kordell QB'd two teams that went to the AFC Championship
game that were chalk full of talent. And he sucked an egg in both the
games vs. NE and the one vs. Denver - both proving he was simply too
horrible to ever QB a team to a Super Bowl. Those teams had excellent
O-lines, great running games, and super defenses. But between two
rock heads (KS and Cowher) they never had a real chance. I will never
forget KS throwing into triple coverage in the Denver game when Bettis
was averaging 5 yards a carry.

Don't tell me KS didn't have some very talented players around him. There
were a few down years when he was here, granted. But he had plenty
of teams with good talent.

sarahpalinhater
01-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Kordell did have talent around him. He also had maybe the WORST Playoff coach in Bill Cowher as well. Especially at Home where Cowher had 6 AFCCG,,,and only won ONE! And that was against a pathetic Colts team who was a Hail mary pass away from making us 0-6 in AFCCG at Pittsburgh. Cowher, when he was at Pittsburgh coached WAY TOO Conservatively, and it costs us all the time. In 2005, we ONLY went to the SB cause all our games were road games, and Bill had no choice but to " Let the Dogs out "...so to say!

No, Kordell was NOT All-World. But he was not our worst QB either. And remember, if he was all that Bad and horrible, why hate him ? Wasn't it Bill Cowher's decision to keep starting him ? And never Improve the position ?

Stop it already with your Kordell Hate silly! Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is as least Important for that which is BEHIND us! That period in time is gone, so lets concentrate on the NOW!!

zulater
01-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Kordell did have talent around him. He also had maybe the WORST Playoff coach in Bill Cowher as well. Especially at Home where Cowher had 6 AFCCG,,,and only won ONE!

Ever think that might have something to do with the shitty qb play he got in those games?

And that was against a pathetic Colts team who was a Hail mary pass away from making us 0-6 in AFCCG at Pittsburgh. Cowher, when he was at Pittsburgh coached WAY TOO Conservatively, and it costs us all the time. In 2005, we ONLY went to the SB cause all our games were road games, and Bill had no choice but to " Let the Dogs out "...so to say!

No, Kordell was NOT All-World. But he was not our worst QB either. And remember, if he was all that Bad and horrible, why hate him ? Wasn't it Bill Cowher's decision to keep starting him ? And never Improve the position ?

Stop it already with your Kordell Hate silly! Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is as least Important for that which is BEHIND us! That period in time is gone, so lets concentrate on the NOW!!

LOL, anyone else see the irony of someone who has such an intentionally inflammatory posting name being so super sensitive to the word hate?! :flap:

USWSteel
01-07-2011, 01:29 PM
I love it: The dumbest attempted point in the history
of football discussion. "Duuuhhh, you never played in
the NFL." Yea, probably because I wasn't born with
freak athletic ability. And, gee whiz, in order to be on
ESPN I probably would have had to pursue a career
in broadcasting, which I never did. Anyone who thinks
on this low of a level is as dumb as Kordell himself.

Just because your a hater ? What's the real reason ? Is it because he's a black QB maybe ?

zulater
01-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Just because your a hater ? What's the real reason ? Is it because he's a black QB maybe ?

What a copout. Play the race card when someone disagees with your views. :doh:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StewKo00/gamelog/post/

It probably has more to do with Kordell's crappy postseason play. It was for me anyway.

USWSteel
01-07-2011, 01:52 PM
What a copout. Play the race card when someone disagees with your views. :doh:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StewKo00/gamelog/post/

It probably has more to do with Kordell's crappy postseason play. It was for me anyway.

Listen buddy , obviously this guy has a real issue with Kordell he hates him on the field and off. I'm just asking a question. And I'm a white guy so hardly a cop out. Just because I have a black person as my avatar you assume I'm black ? Cop out ...no . Just an honest question.

zulater
01-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Listen buddy , obviously this guy has a real issue with Kordell he hates him on the field and off. I'm just asking a question. And I'm a white guy so hardly a cop out. Just because I have a black person as my avatar you assume I'm black ? Cop out ...no . Just an honest question.

I don't assume anything from an avater, and I don't care if you're white, he has the right to dislike Kordell body of work, because frankly it's pretty damn mediocre when you get right down to it, both on and off the field. .

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Just for the record, you don't have to be black to play the race card. And I often get this when I criticize Michael Vick. So silly.

thumper
01-07-2011, 03:00 PM

Honestly, if you are this ignorant, get ready for a life full of
disappointment and bitterness. For real. Maybe, could it be,
that I don't like Kordell because he sucked at QB and burdened
this team for far longer than was necessary? Kordell could not
read defenses, had crap instincts and the proof is in his career
completion % of 55%. Not to mention, in the biggest games,
he gave us almost no chance to win. The home field losses
in the AFC Championship games were awful and clear
indicators that he sucked. You are one simple dude.

thumper
01-07-2011, 03:00 PM

You are pathetic. For real.

MDSteel15
01-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Thumper, sorry I said anything because if he's bringing the race card out I am not in this argument.... :banging:

sarahpalinhater
01-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Thumper,,,I don't think you are racist at all. I DO however think you are delussional. I mean what Kordell did as a QB in Pittsburgh has NOTHING to do with how he presents himself as a analyst on ESPN, or whatever else. I mean look back at the pre-season predictions,,,no one had us winning the division..Not Hoge. Neither of the Mike & Mike's...no one. And only 2 I can remember had us sneaking in with a wildcard. So why call out a well spoken young man like Kordell, and NOT the " Gang Bangers " on the NFL Netowrk, or on CBS or Fox ?

LVSteelersfan
01-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Most athletes have no business taking jobs away from people as analysts. Why pay these idiots for crap analysis when I am sure there are plenty of qualified people out there to do the job. And this rash of blond women who probably never played sports in their life as analysts is just as absurd. But at least most of them can put together a coherent sentence and not show obvious bias against certain teams in their analysis. (Marshall Faulk, this means you) I hate listening to two ex football players screaming back and forth at each other and not letting the others get a word in edgewise in almost all of the football shows. Having four or five people sitting there yacking is just stupid.

thumper
01-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Thumper,,,I don't think you are racist at all. I DO however think you are delussional. I mean what Kordell did as a QB in Pittsburgh has NOTHING to do with how he presents himself as a analyst on ESPN, or whatever else. I mean look back at the pre-season predictions,,,no one had us winning the division..Not Hoge. Neither of the Mike & Mike's...no one. And only 2 I can remember had us sneaking in with a wildcard. So why call out a well spoken young man like Kordell, and NOT the " Gang Bangers " on the NFL Netowrk, or on CBS or Fox ?

Actually, the only similarity I was making that he was too stupid
to make a good NFL QB and he is too stupid to be a good analyst. You
could be smart at one and not the other, but in his case he is dumb at
both. And, please, Kordell has been wrong on a shit load more than
this take. As a matter of fact, almost any time he opens his mouth
he is wrong, as he lacks any kind of insight, even though he played
the game. I am not basing it on a few things; I am basing it on the
last 15 years of what words come out of his mouth. Just because a lot
of other guys didn't take Pgh to win the div. is hardly proof that KS is an
insightful analyst. Virtually any time he gives his take, he is wrong. The
guy simply has no vision or insight - and that wouldn't change if he played
10 years longer than he did. Who can forget the days when after a loss
where he played OK, he would quickly say, "But I played well" and after a
loss where he super sucked he would say, "We win or lose as a team."
What kind of idiot takes that route? MORON.

thumper
01-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Most athletes have no business taking jobs away from people as analysts. Why pay these idiots for crap analysis when I am sure there are plenty of qualified people out there to do the job. And this rash of blond women who probably never played sports in their life as analysts is just as absurd. But at least most of them can put together a coherent sentence and not show obvious bias against certain teams in their analysis. (Marshall Faulk, this means you) I hate listening to two ex football players screaming back and forth at each other and not letting the others get a word in edgewise in almost all of the football shows. Having four or five people sitting there yacking is just stupid.

Agreed. But some former players are indeed insightful, like Steve Young,
Rod Woodson, Collinsworth, Aikman (one of my favorites even tho I
hated him when he was playing), et al.

I think the very worst of all of the NFL talking heads are found on CBS
and Fox. ESPN is the cream of the crop when it comes to decent
football chat. That Fox crew is a bunch of clowns, with Bradshaw being
the worst of the lot. They cackle like witches and offer very little in terms
of insights. They are always wrong. I even think the NFL Network, with that
smug-ass Eisen is far better than Fox and CBS.

austinfrench76
01-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Kordell blows! (Thank you for the lay up!!!! Too easy!)

zulater
01-09-2011, 12:08 AM
. Who can forget the days when after a loss
where he played OK, he would quickly say, "But I played well" and after a
loss where he super sucked he would say, "We win or lose as a team."
What kind of idiot takes that route? MORON.

More than anything else that's why in time I came to despise Kordell. Not once do I ever remember him after a poor game taking any personal responsability for his performance. Oh occassionally he'd make some backhanded reference to how he probably could have played better, but never without throwing in an immediate "subtle" qualifier of some sort, wherin he would blame the weather, a missed block, dropped pass etc... and of course after the end of every season it was always about the offensive coordinanater who failed him, never poor Kordell's fault that he threw the ball into triple coverage.

Face it, the guy couldn't read a defense if his life depended on it. And I don't think he hit a receiver in stride more than 10 times in any given season. With Kordell the receiver almost always had to come to complete stop before he could deliver the ball with any accuracy. Kordell definitely prefferered his targets to be stationary, which just doesn't cut it in the NFL.

And he does suck as an analyst. Several weeks ago he was on Mike and Mike, and they asked him something about the Steelers and their chances this year. Kordell rambled on incoherently for about 3 minute, leaving both Mikes speechless at the end, with neither knowing what the hell Kordell had just said? :noidea: They just kind of laughed and brushed it off, but you could tell, they were thinking, what a effing moron. :doh:

TOOLofSTEEL
01-09-2011, 01:15 AM
I don't even listen to analysts. I mean they are good for breaking down plays for you, but as far as making predictions and discussing ball clubs, I get the sense some of the crap they say is just the producer having one of the two playing devils advocate.

If you really want an accurate prediction from analysts your better off taking a cross section of several. And you'll notice one team is heavily favored by them overall.

Now it is a any given Sunday league, the underdog might rise up to the challenge. The favorite my throw the game away with poor execution, penalties, and turnovers.

But listening to those jokers as the premier source of your sport info. Without taking that into consideration is just going to leave you pissed off, or scratching your head going WTF?

I find it hard to believe people who have played in the league that long, and been that successful. Can really be that stupid without a producer saying, make a case for that team.

Of course with Kordell he might very well... :doh:

Steeldude
01-09-2011, 06:33 AM
ex-steelers who have made good analysts...

mark malone
merril hoge
rod woodson
terry bradshaw

anyone else?

tunch ilkin and craig wolfley do some reporting of steelers' games

thumper
01-11-2011, 10:16 AM
More than anything else that's why in time I came to despise Kordell. Not once do I ever remember him after a poor game taking any personal responsability for his performance. Oh occassionally he'd make some backhanded reference to how he probably could have played better, but never without throwing in an immediate "subtle" qualifier of some sort, wherin he would blame the weather, a missed block, dropped pass etc... and of course after the end of every season it was always about the offensive coordinanater who failed him, never poor Kordell's fault that he threw the ball into triple coverage.

Face it, the guy couldn't read a defense if his life depended on it. And I don't think he hit a receiver in stride more than 10 times in any given season. With Kordell the receiver almost always had to come to complete stop before he could deliver the ball with any accuracy. Kordell definitely prefferered his targets to be stationary, which just doesn't cut it in the NFL.

And he does suck as an analyst. Several weeks ago he was on Mike and Mike, and they asked him something about the Steelers and their chances this year. Kordell rambled on incoherently for about 3 minute, leaving both Mikes speechless at the end, with neither knowing what the hell Kordell had just said? :noidea: They just kind of laughed and brushed it off, but you could tell, they were thinking, what a effing moron. :doh:

:thumbsup: Spot on

vasteeler
01-11-2011, 03:58 PM
yeah kordell is bad on espn, not emmit smith bad but bad non the less

as far as his playing ability goes you have to blame cowher for that one. i think if he accepted the slash role he would have been a hall of famer