PDA

View Full Version : Dom Capers and Tom Cable

wutchy
01-07-2011, 11:50 AM
If I was Mike Holmgren in Cleveland, I would hire Dom Capers as Head Coach, and Tom Cable as Offensive Coordinator.

Talk about a dynamic duo! T-R-O-U-B-L-E for the Steelers.

I haven't heard any rumors, but holmgren is a pretty smart guy. Could happen.

steeltheone
01-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Capers is a good hire! He might choose to run the d himself.

stlrtruck
01-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Didn't Capers already have his stint as head coach? And he showed he's better off being a D-Coord than a head coach.

lionslicer
01-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Capers is like LeBeau... Terrible head coaches, great D-Coordinators.
With what Cable did with the Raiders, he could turn the Browns into a semi decent ball club. If the Browns have a lot of money to spend, they could atempt to get Capers as a DC, they have the right personel, so it isn't impossible.

But you're dealing with Holgren, he wants a west coast offense, not a... whatever Cable had in Oakland lol.

silver & black
01-07-2011, 04:19 PM
If I was Mike Holmgren in Cleveland, I would hire Dom Capers as Head Coach, and Tom Cable as Offensive Coordinator.

Tom Cable as Offensive Coordinator? :rofl:

wutchy
01-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Capers is an outstanding Defensive coordinator.
And Cable is a talented offensive coordinator.

Capers, as a head coach, never had a decent offensive coordinator, neither did LeBeau. Cable,as a head coach, never had a good defensive coordinator.

Capers as head coach/DC, and Cable as assisstant head coach/OC would work for Cleveland.

We all loved Capers as DC in Pittsburgh. I think he would be head coach now , had he hung around.

lionslicer
01-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Building an all star cast of coaches isn't as easy as it sounds lol. Cable might get a job in Cleveland, but not as the HC or OC. Holmgren will take the Eagles OC over him if he can.
Whether Capers would go to cleveland as a DC would be up to him.

TOOLofSTEEL
01-08-2011, 12:45 AM
Didn't Capers already have his stint as head coach? And he showed he's better off being a D-Coord than a head coach.

Yes I think the last one was in Houston from 2002 to 2005, and he had a stint in Carolina in the mid to late 90s. Basically his only shots have been with teams that had no hope in hell of winning for a while anyway because they just started.

Meh, Capers is a better DC I think ether way it goes. Cable as an OC is a joke, there is a reason why he is gone and Jackson is there most likely. Plus Cable looks to be more of just a cheerleader than much of anything else. And with only 2 of their wins against people outside of their division. Not buying the hype.

Both could do the jobs, but they both have a long way to go. And at they're age any hope for reinventing themselves and how they coach a ball club are gone most likely.

Holmgren would be better off getting Jackson because he's an X's and O's kinda guy with a strong personality. Kinda like Tomlin. Considering there is no talk though, I doubt that will happen...

Actually I'm shocked by the lack of interest in Hue Jackson. With the 49ers nabbing Jim Harbaugh thats pretty much the only possibly for him to go aware. Unless they just talked to him to comply with the Rooney Rule.

wutchy
01-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Yes I think the last one was in Houston from 2002 to 2005, and he had a stint in Carolina in the mid to late 90s. Basically his only shots have been with teams that had no hope in hell of winning for a while anyway because they just started.

Meh, Capers is a better DC I think ether way it goes. Cable as an OC is a joke, there is a reason why he is gone and Jackson is there most likely. Plus Cable looks to be more of just a cheerleader than much of anything else. And with only 2 of their wins against people outside of their division. Not buying the hype.

Both could do the jobs, but they both have a long way to go. And at they're age any hope for reinventing themselves and how they coach a ball club are gone most likely.

Holmgren would be better off getting Jackson because he's an X's and O's kinda guy with a strong personality. Kinda like Tomlin. Considering there is no talk though, I doubt that will happen...

Actually I'm shocked by the lack of interest in Hue Jackson. With the 49ers nabbing Jim Harbaugh thats pretty much the only possibly for him to go aware. Unless they just talked to him to comply with the Rooney Rule.

As they say on ESPN, COME ON MAN! Cable is en excellent offensive mind. AND HE HAS A STONG PERSONALITY. Cable is the X's and O's guy, not jackson.
Capers and Cable could put the brownies in the playoffs next year. Actually, I thought Mangini did a great job. The Browns were very competitive in almost every game this year.

TOOLofSTEEL
01-08-2011, 11:41 PM
I agree that Cable has a strong personality. And a good mentality for the game, BUT. I think your drastically over estimating his abilities when it comes to being an OC. Then again its hard to say too, given the fact he had to put up with Russell up until this year.

Personally I feel Hue Jackson is behind this more than Tom Cable. Which is why he's in Oakland right now and not Cable. Cable comes across as more are Cheerleader, Jackson comes across as the guy who doesn't get into that crap he just designs plays to move the chains.

Now we can have a minor difference of opinions on this matter, thats cool. But the part thats sort of leading me to believe that you aren't really 100% on the spot about Cable. Is the fact you cited the Defense and being a weakness under Cable and thats why they did no better than they did.

Their defense was pretty good this year.

silver & black
01-09-2011, 08:43 AM
As they say on ESPN, COME ON MAN! Cable is en excellent offensive mind. AND HE HAS A STONG PERSONALITY. Cable is the X's and O's guy, not jackson.Capers and Cable could put the brownies in the playoffs next year. Actually, I thought Mangini did a great job. The Browns were very competitive in almost every game this year.

:rofl: :toofunny: :rofl: :toofunny: