PDA

View Full Version : Bye Week Sucks

Hayeksheroes
01-07-2011, 02:12 PM
I sure hope those muscle tissues are healing because I'm stuck with Seahawks Saints this Saturday. Please Seahawks.... They shouldn't even be in the playoffs.
Oh, did you hear Ben is getting married. That's great. Ben will probably stay out of bars.
I hope Ben doesn't head down to Acapulco with his fiancee this weekend.

We get stories about how the Steelers embrace the bye week. No shite. It's amazing that Mark Kaboly gets paid to state the obvious...

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-07-2011, 03:17 PM
What's even more brutal is the week between the AFC Championship and the Super Bowl.

pete74
01-07-2011, 04:23 PM
What's even more brutal is the week between the AFC Championship and the Super Bowl.

yea thats a rough one. i just cant get into the pro bowl the way i do a normal game because the players are not playing for anything. then after the superbowl sundays feel so lame. i enjoy researching all the players for the draft but its not the same without football on sundays.

lionslicer
01-07-2011, 04:26 PM
As a fan, bye weeks suck. But as a player, they're awesome, its like a weekend if you're a student or someone who only works business days.

sarahpalinhater
01-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Considering how banged up we are,,,I LOVE the Bye week!! And,,,if we get to, and WIN the AFCCG...I can live with the 2 weeks before the Super Bowl! Just as long as we are in it :-)

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Sandwiching the Probowl in between the conference championships and the Superbowl was about the worst idea since the hydrogen filled blimp.....I still fail to understand what the fiscal or market strategy was behind that move by the NFL Comrade and his team of Armani-clad office goons.

sarahpalinhater
01-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Sandwiching the Probowl in between the conference championships and the Superbowl was about the worst idea since the hydrogen filled blimp.....I still fail to understand what the fiscal or market strategy was behind that move by the NFL Comrade and his team of Armani-clad office goons.

I totally agree. In fact,,I think the Pro Bowl should just be played on X-Box! :applaudit:
I mean it would probably be alot more competitive then the recent games.

TRH
01-07-2011, 07:15 PM
yeah, bye weeks are great for the players to get some extra rest and strength built up...
for fans it sucks. i've listened to the yapping and jawing on ESPN and the like all week long with barely even a mention that the Steelers are still in this. I've heard so much analogy on the Jets, Ravens, Colts, etc this week that i've decided i wont' (can't) watch any sports channel until after the playoff games are completed this week

stb_steeler
01-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Just throw in some Steeler SB DVD's and you'll be fine....at least we have some SB's to watch.....:chuckle:

stlrtruck
01-07-2011, 08:03 PM
I don't know, it's rather enjoyable to watch a few football games where I'm not biting my nails down so far that I've got bloody nubs!