PDA

View Full Version : You know what would really piss off Goodell?

Stu Pidasso
01-07-2011, 08:48 PM
At various places around here, I keep seeing people say "Hit Goodell where it hurts: his wallet!" Don't buy stuff, etc... But I just realized there's something that might well be his nightmare: a PA Turnpike Super Bowl: Eagles/Steelers. Think about it:

Vick (the dog fighter bad boy turned media darling) vs. Big Ben (the alleged rapist turned fiance') from 2 small TV markets playing for the world title. Think of the ratings. No New York? New England?

Wasn't it not too long ago the baseball commish was overheard saying how terrible it was to have Florida win the world series because nobody liked the Marlins or the market was too small or something like that? How would the rest of the country feel about two Pennsylvania teams playing in Dallas?

tee hee

lionslicer
01-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Vick has one of the most bought jerseys in the NFL as an Eagle. Steelers are a top seller and merchandising. Not really something that would hit his wallet.

Atlanta Dan
01-07-2011, 09:13 PM
At various places around here, I keep seeing people say "Hit Goodell where it hurts: his wallet!" Don't buy stuff, etc... But I just realized there's something that might well be his nightmare: a PA Turnpike Super Bowl: Eagles/Steelers. Think about it:

Vick (the dog fighter bad boy turned media darling) vs. Big Ben (the alleged rapist turned fiance') from 2 small TV markets playing for the world title. Think of the ratings. No New York? New England?

Wasn't it not too long ago the baseball commish was overheard saying how terrible it was to have Florida win the world series because nobody liked the Marlins or the market was too small or something like that? How would the rest of the country feel about two Pennsylvania teams playing in Dallas?

tee hee

Goodell's head would explode if he had to think about a Super Bowl media week featuring Ben, Vick, and James Harrison, as well as Troy getting a national stage to articulate his contention Goodell has too much power.

But unlike baseball, which is screwed if the Yankees or Red Sox are not in the World Series, nothing can put a major dent in the ratings for the Super Bowl. Leaving aside the fact Philly is hardly a small TV market (#4) it does not matter if Pittsburgh (#23) or some other small market teams get in.

Indianapolis is the #25 market and New Orleans is the #51 market.

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/2009-2010-dma-ranks.pdf

When the Colts and Saints met last year the Super Bowl was viewed by 106 million people

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/02/08/super-bowl-2010-ratings-a-smash/

jizzballz
01-07-2011, 09:14 PM
ben raping his wife would make a funny scenario and storyline. vivid entertainment would make a lot of big bucks as well.... lol

USWSteel
01-07-2011, 09:22 PM
ben raping his wife would make a funny scenario and storyline. vivid entertainment would make a lot of big bucks as well.... lol

She said No !

sarahpalinhater
01-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Actually a SB with those two teams would give Goodell a major Woody :-) No team, and I mean NO TEAM Travels as well, or has more world wide fans then the Steelers. And like it or not, a great percentage of the nations youth, or Hip-Hop nation still LOVE M.Vick. A SB with those teams and Big Ben and Vick would draw alot of business to the Dallas area, and spring the economy...I mean just Imagine the number of females would flock to Dallas,,,just to try and Set-up Ben again,,and accuse him of Assault :-)

stlrtruck
01-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Actually having Pittsburgh in the SB already equals ratings. The Steelers have three of the top five rated SB's in regards to viewership.

If you really want to hit Goodell where it hurts have teams like Jax and Detriot in the SB.

tony hipchest
01-07-2011, 09:34 PM
what would really piss him off is steelers and patriots in the champ game.

it goes to overtime.

pats win toss and drive for what would be a game winning sudden death FG.

steelers get the ball under the new OT rules and ben drives for the game winning td to go to the SB.

Goodell is forever stigmatized for cheating and bending the rules to help the steelers and stealing a 4th sb from the patriots.

that would be poetic justice for him and ALL the patriot fans.

4xSBChamps
01-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Harrison sacks Brady on a legal hit, tearing-up Marcia's knee in the AFC Championship game, then does the same to conVick in SB45, both resulting in Steeler victories:
upon being handed the Lombardi Trophy at mid-field, Harrison tells a listening national-TV audience

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JamesHarrisonwithLombardiTrophyatSB43parade.jpg

'... I'd like to thank das Kommisar, for encouring me to no-longer hit quarterbacks above the waist-line...'

sarahpalinhater
01-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Harrison sacks Brady on a legal hit, tearing-up Marcia's knee in the AFC Championship game, then does the same to conVick in SB45, both resulting in Steeler victories:
upon being handed the Lombardi Trophy at mid-field, Harrison tells a listening national-TV audience

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/JamesHarrisonwithLombardiTrophyatSB43parade.jpg

'... I'd like to thank das Kommisar, for encouring me to no-longer hit quarterbacks above the waist-line...'

Dman! Tear up Brady's knee ? Then do the same to Vick ?......someone here needs a Hug!!
:kiss02:

TOOLofSTEEL
01-07-2011, 11:40 PM

Ben's awesome but I'm not sure I'd want to watch that. :jerkit:

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Goodell's head would explode if he had to think about a Super Bowl media week featuring Ben, Vick, and James Harrison, as well as Troy getting a national stage to articulate his contention Goodell has too much power.

But unlike baseball, which is screwed if the Yankees or Red Sox are not in the World Series, nothing can put a major dent in the ratings for the Super Bowl. Leaving aside the fact Philly is hardly a small TV market (#4) it does not matter if Pittsburgh (#23) or some other small market teams get in.

Indianapolis is the #25 market and New Orleans is the #51 market.

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/2009-2010-dma-ranks.pdf

When the Colts and Saints met last year the Super Bowl was viewed by 106 million people

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/02/08/super-bowl-2010-ratings-a-smash/

^^^^This for sure.

TOOLofSTEEL
01-08-2011, 01:32 AM
You know what would really piss off Goodell?

For Tom Brady to go straight? :huh:

lionslicer
01-08-2011, 02:17 AM
what would really piss him off is steelers and patriots in the champ game.

it goes to overtime.

pats win toss and drive for what would be a game winning sudden death FG.

steelers get the ball under the new OT rules and ben drives for the game winning td to go to the SB.

Goodell is forever stigmatized for cheating and bending the rules to help the steelers and stealing a 4th sb from the patriots.

that would be poetic justice for him and ALL the patriot fans.

Oh the conspiracy theories.

Goodell really loves the Steelers, he's only fining them to make it seem like he's being fair. :chuckle:

pitt0wns
01-08-2011, 03:34 AM
your not putting a dent in Goodell's wallet, sorry.

TRH
01-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Philadelphia is FAR from a small TV market my friend...

But yes, i would have to believe that Goodell would be stamping his feet and throwing a tantrum if these 2 teams were playing in the SB. You know he wants NE (his personal pals...), Indy, NE, GB in there.....

stlrtruck
01-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Here's what would piss Goodell off.

Steelers winning the SB, Harrison pulling down two INTs for TD, Roethlisberger throwing for 6 TDs, 0 INTs and at the end of the game it's decided to have co-MVPs.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Chiefs V Seahawks would do it, lol

Having Vick v BB wont do it, because he will be heralded as the 2nd chance guy and see what you can do when you give people 2nd chances? Vick is already licking goodells ass in interviews. Ben should diss him because he didn't do anything wrong in a court of law.

I would never thank goodell. But politics would come a yelling to do it. Harrison may spear him off the podium, citing the season is over and I meant to bear hug you, sorry, lol

4xSBChamps
01-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Harrison may spear him off the podium, citing the season is over and I meant to bear hug you, sorry, lol

"... personal-foul, 92, defense...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/NFLOfficial.jpg

... unnecessarily pulling the commissioner's skirt..."

sarahpalinhater
01-08-2011, 01:57 PM
No, what would REALLY P!SS off Goodell was if there was a Pitt/Philly Super Bowl,,,and then after the game, while giving out the Trophy,,,Police came in on Live TV and arrested Goodell for Sexual assault while attending an Illegal Dog fight from the night before ( Ha-ha-ha )