PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Harvick

Suitanim
04-19-2006, 09:58 AM
I heard "Happy" on Fox Sports Radio yesterday, and it was a pretty refreshing interview. Even the guys interviewing said something to the effect of "Unlike most guys in NASCAR, you ask him a question, and he gives a you straight answer".

Some highlights:

He said he didn't care for the catfight between Biffle and Busch's girlfriends.

He said Busch is easily the most hated driver in the garage.

He said Stewart, although he can be brutal on the track, is a cool dude off the track, so almost everyone respects him and gets along with him in the garage. When they pressed him about Busch, he said. "People don't like him because Busch is just a dork"

clevestinks
04-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Gotta love his honesty

BB2W
04-19-2006, 12:28 PM
Kevin Harvick seems like a pretty cool dude... I don't care for Kurt Busch either.

tony hipchest
04-19-2006, 05:48 PM
harvick couldnt be more correct calling kurt a dork. that was my first impression when he was in the truck series. another thing i think people hate about him, is whenever he speaks it sounds orchestrated, coached, insincere etc. like he always tries to say the right things, and reading from a teleprompter

they just showed kurt bush throw out the 1st pitch for a diamonbacks game (trying to make nice with the fine people of phoenix). he totally screwed that up! a one hopper about 10 feet of the plate. i dont know, but that mightve been more embarrasing than gordon singing
take me out to the ball game.

daleemnm
04-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Harvick is da man. My 3rd favorite driver.

BB2W
04-19-2006, 06:10 PM
they just showed kurt bush throw out the 1st pitch for a diamonbacks game he totally screwed that up! a one hopper about 10 feet of the plate.
That was really bad!... :laughing:

Suitanim
04-19-2006, 06:14 PM
another thing i think people hate about him, is whenever he speaks it sounds orchestrated, coached, insincere etc. like he always tries to say the right things, and reading from a teleprompter

I completely agree, but noticed that this started happening after Spencer punched him, and became incredibly pronounced between the few months after he won the cup and when the next season started.

tony hipchest
04-19-2006, 06:24 PM
I completely agree, but noticed that this started happening after Spencer punched him, and became incredibly pronounced between the few months after he won the cup and when the next season started.
it seems the more mature he ACTUALLY gets, the worse it becomes. i mean sometimes he does say some intelligent things where he seems beyond his years but, its like, im just not buying it.

last year was alot more fun when there were rumors of kenseth, harvick, kahne, mcmurray, replacing RW in the #2

*sigh*

Suitanim
04-19-2006, 06:42 PM
I'd say Penske picked the worst of the bunch, but that Cup Championship was probably what swayed him the most...

SteelerzGirl
04-19-2006, 06:43 PM
last year was alot more fun when there were rumors of kenseth, harvick, kahne, mcmurray, replacing RW in the #2

*sigh*

tehehe :wink:

tony hipchest
04-19-2006, 06:58 PM
I'd say Penske picked the worst of the bunch, but that Cup Championship was probably what swayed him the most...

really i think penske got who was #5 on his list. every driver i mentionned got extensions as soon as it became public that penske was looking at them. c. mears was 6th on the list. (no facts to base this on just rumors.) from what i remember:

kenseth was the 1st mentionned replacement- got signed soon thereafter(extended)
harvick- then announced hed be with childress in 06
kahne was then resigned with a new deal from evernham (hes not a great beer pitchman anyways. hell of a driver though
mcmurray announced deal with roush (with him dating rustys daughter, and driving rustys busch ride, many though he was a shoo in)
shortly after bush announced the deal with penske.

ryan and matt are friends off the track and so are their wives. roush had to make a choise between him and kurt and smartly chose kenseth