PDA

View Full Version : Colts/Jets

SteelCityMom
01-08-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm not really sure who to root for on this one. Honestly though, I think the Colts win easily. After the Hawks game though, nothing would surprise me at this point lol.

MattsMe
01-08-2011, 08:08 PM
If I thought the Jets had any chance at all of beating the cheats, I'd root for them. They're the only team I want to beat Brady* and company besides the Steelers. Otherwise, I want a Steelers/Patriots* AFC championship game.

So I guess go Colts? :noidea:

Atlanta Dan
01-08-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm not really sure who to root for on this one. Honestly though, I think the Colts win easily. After the Hawks game though, nothing would surprise me at this point lol.

I think we root for the Colts

If the Jets win then New England plays the Jets next week - no way the Jets win that game

And if the Jets win Steelers could play the Ravens next weekend - i want no part of that
until the AFC championship game

Best case I see is Steelers play Colts next weekend while the Ravens beat or at least beat up Brady

lionslicer
01-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Watching the pre-game report from Dungy and Harrison, seems Peyton has Rex's number. But Peyton Manning has a worse record this year than Sanchez (i know right?), so yeah, anything can happen.

I rooting for the Colts, I hope he shoves 50 points down Rex's throat.

SteelCityMom
01-08-2011, 08:19 PM
What a horrible challenge.

theplatypus
01-08-2011, 08:25 PM
What a horrible challenge.

That was pretty freaking stupid.

Raw Steel
01-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Peyton looks like crap.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-08-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm even happier that we got rid of Holmes, he is an idiot...

SteelCityMom
01-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Man, this game has been a real snoozer so far.

TOOLofSTEEL
01-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Well if the Colts win, the divisional round should be much easier. Especially if they come and play like this. :popcorn:

cloppbeast
01-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Who should I be rooting for during this game?

MasterOfPuppets
01-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Who should I be rooting for during this game?
depends on who you'd like to see the steelers play...if the colts win, they play the colts... if jets win, they play kc or ratbirds.

cloppbeast
01-08-2011, 11:05 PM
These officials let the Jets do whatever they want. That was an obvious offensive pass interference on Braylon Edwards to go along with like a half dozen other holdings/pass interferences that the secondary got away with. They did the same sh*t against us.

SH-Rock
01-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Well go Chiefs. Might as well vs the weaker of the two teams

SteelCityMom
01-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Was a kind of boring first half, but I enjoyed the second. I dislike both teams, so I can't say I cared who won or lost, and didn't really have a preference between the Colts, Chiefs or Ravens in terms of who the Steelers play.

Good day of playoff football IMO.

stlrtruck
01-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Well go Chiefs. Might as well vs the weaker of the two teams

I believe the chefs have a weaker defense but a higher potent offense.

Atlanta Dan
01-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Posters on this board could handle clock management as well as Jim Caldwell for the Colts - calling the time out allowed the Jets to get 15 yards closer for the winning FG

So go Chiefs

tony hipchest
01-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Posters on this board could handle clock management as well as Jim Caldwell for the Colts - calling the time out allowed the Jets to get 15 yards closer for the winning FG

So go Chiefsthat was stupid.

i also thought it was dumb for the colts to go with the hurry up run at about 2:16 instead of letting the clock run down to the 2 minute warning.

lionslicer
01-08-2011, 11:21 PM
that was stupid.

i also thought it was dumb for the colts to go with the hurry up run at about 2:16 instead of letting the clock run down to the 2 minute warning.

It was a surprise play, no one on the Jets expected the run, it got a first down.

I didn't like the plays right before they kicked the field goal. There was a clever reciever screen, but Jets weren't fooled, and then that roll out by Manning, incomplete. It was what, 3rd and 4? Do a short slant play, you can risk middle of the field, 50 seconds field goal range... Either Manning had a mental block or he was listening to his coordinators.

Fire Arians
01-09-2011, 02:42 AM
2 shitty teams which either would be killed in rd 2

steeltheone
01-09-2011, 10:15 AM
2 shitty teams which either would be killed in rd 2

That 1 Shitty team beat us...That being said i don't see it happening again.

Atlanta Dan
01-09-2011, 11:15 AM
That 1 Shitty team beat us...That being said i don't see it happening again.

I don't see the Jets beating the Steelers again this year either - of course I also cannot see the Jets season extending beyond next Sunday

TRH
01-09-2011, 11:46 AM
if we end up playing them again, we should beat them.....with Kiesel back and our offense playing better, i'm much more confident. I really think we're a better team than they are.
That said....the Jets are single-handedly the most "over-achieving" team by far this year. It seems as if every stroke of luck falls their way.

steelerchad
01-09-2011, 12:36 PM
I think the Colts blew this game with clock management. Calling the timeout on 2nd down at the 34 yard line with 1:02 left was stupid. They should have called a play and snapped it with around 35 seconds left. Then the 3rd down incompletion would have taken it down inside 25 seconds. If they would have picked up the first down, they could have then taken the time out and still had one left. This would have given Manning at least 2 more shots to get closer or in the endzone and kicking the field goal would have only given the Jets 15 seconds or so after the field goal and kickoff.

No way Sanchez gets them in field goal range in less than 20 seconds. They also gave the Jets a break calling timeout on the Jets drive, but that one didn't cost them the game like the other.

I hate when the Steelers panic in a game ending situation and clock the ball with around a minute left. Don't waste a down unless you're inside of 30 seconds. clocking should be a desperate time saving measure. There should be a set 5 yard out play where the receiver can get out of bounds or the pass is thrown incomplete to stop the clock. This will put you in 2nd and 5 at least half the time with the clock stopped instead of 2nd and 10 and only take an extra 4-5 seconds.

LukesDad88
01-09-2011, 12:57 PM
I don't see the Jets beating the Steelers again this year either - of course I also cannot see the Jets season extending beyond next Sunday

I'm not so sure. They are divisional rivals and there's always a danger in that no matter the talent levels of either team. Plus, everybody seems to be concentrating on the Jets/Pats second game, and ignore the first. Jests have already shown the ability to beat the Pats, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them do it again.

The real pain about this game is the fact that it increases the chances of Baltimore coming up next week. And even though I don't believe they can beat us, they can beat us up pretty good, and leave us in pretty ragged shape going into the AFCCG.