01-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Well let's go KC!

steelerchad
01-08-2011, 10:04 PM
I'll be a KC fan tomorrow.
I like us against either opponent.
We match up well with both.
Neither has an elite QB.

I'm actually a little relieved we're not seeing Manning and the Colts. We've had trouble with great QB's this year. While marginal QB's and running teams haven't been able to score much on us.

mcg24
01-08-2011, 10:04 PM
It's final, we play the winner of tomorrows game.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm rooting for the chiefs to knock off the Ratbirds.

HERE WE GO!

ETL
01-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Beat me to the punch. was gonna post the same thing

MikeHaullace
01-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Neither has an elite QB.

And for this exact reason, neither will be playing in the AFCCG. :tt03:

Rick5895
01-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Rather play K.C. Our games with the Ratbirds are too damn close, we know each other too well. That being said, we will win either way.

SteelKnight
01-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Sounds good.

SH-Rock
01-08-2011, 10:08 PM
LETS GO CHIEFS!!!!!

StainlessStill
01-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Doesn't matter, I think we handle both teams, respectively. With that said, I'm well aware to be outspoken of a Chiefs upset.

Chiefs 20
Ratturds 16

injus5injus
01-08-2011, 10:21 PM
We easily could have beat the ratbirds w/o ben.. and we beat them with him.
They are usually good at getting some big runs against us but otherwise we usually shutdown their offense like we do most teams. The problem is our offense against their good D. Thats why ill root for KC tomorrow.

lionslicer
01-08-2011, 10:22 PM
I hope they beat the crap out of each other so that whoever wins will be too weak to put up a fight.

mesaSteeler
01-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Steelers to face Baltimore or Kansas City next week
Saturday, January 08, 2011
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11008/1116760-100.stm

By virtue of the New York Jets' victory in Indianapolis Saturday night, the Steelers will play either Baltimore or Kansas City next Saturday at 4:30 p.m. at Heinz Field.

The Ravens and Chiefs play Sunday in Kansas City.

As the sixth and lowest seed in the AFC, the Jets will play next Sunday at New England, the No. 1 seed. The Steelers, the No. 2 seed, and the Patriots earned a bye this weekend into the next round of the playoffs.

The Steelers have played both the Ravens and Chiefs in the post-season. They are 2-0 against Baltimore, both games at Heinz Field -- in a 2001 playoff and in the 2008 AFC championship game. The AFC North rivals split their two regular-season games this season.

Although the Steelers and Chiefs have competed in the AFC for 41 seasons, they've met just once in the post-season, a 1993 wildcard playoff victory by the Chiefs in overtime in 1993.

If the Patriots beat the Jets, the AFC championship game will be held in New England Jan. 23. If the Patriots lose to the Jets, the winner of next Saturday's game at Heinz Field would serve as host for the championship game.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11008/1116760-100.stm#ixzz1AVb7u5CZ

steelers33
01-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Chief hopefully but my logic is telling me Ravens.

Steel_Bus_24
01-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Hope chiefs win, but it seems that we are destined to play Balt again

I know we will fight them with everything we have, but can we recover enough to battle on to a SB after????

Every time we throwdown with Balt, the Rock IV fight music roars through my head because its such a physical war

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0hHs8D2TsY&feature=related

But bring it on whoever:helmet:

http://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1598688/undercover-brother-invite-o.gif

realdeal
01-08-2011, 10:42 PM
The Pats will kill the Jets next week!! Too bad, I was hoping for the Ratbirds to lay some hurt on Bieber!! Oh well, to be the best, we need to beat the best!!
:tt04:

VegasStlrFan
01-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Come on Chefs.

JCPsteelers
01-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Its going to be the Ravens.

Pentheon
01-08-2011, 11:05 PM
I don't care who it is, I'm just glad were home. I know we can beat both team so I like our chances either way.

I don't think either game would be easy but I cant wait. Im hopin the jets beat the pats so we get our rematch at home that we shoulda won. Then again Id like for us to go into new england and beat them on their home field.

Tough decision, but Id rather be at home, home field advantage plus a chance to go to the game :)

steeltheone
01-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Best case is the chiefs winning...I think we handle them.....Afraid it will be the Ravens

sharkweek
01-09-2011, 04:21 AM
Chief hopefully but my logic is telling me Ravens.

logic suggested that the Saints and Colts would win (if not win comfortably) as well...that didn't quite turn out as expected

saveus1011
01-09-2011, 04:24 AM
If the Chiefs get into a dick measuring contest with the Ravens, they will lose.

If they can have a two possession lead by halftime, bye bye Rats.

pete74
01-09-2011, 05:36 AM
i think we will have an easier time beating KC. we can easily stop the run then all we have to do is double cover there obly WR(Bowe) and there stuck. as for Baltimore vs KC i think it will be close and can go either way but if i had to pick a winner i would say KC takes it. i see Charles and Bowe having a good game and Berry picking off Flacco

steelcity1974
01-09-2011, 07:03 AM
KC is one of the toughest places to play (remember Steelers game in 09...even after a big lead we lost that game). Ravens have not been a very good road team this year (just look at that loss to Cincy). I think this game is too close to confidently call. And I stopped "rooting" for any specific opponent after the 2001 season. I was hoping the Patriots would beat the Raiders cuz I figured we would kill the Patriots in the AFC Championship game...look how that turned out. Bottome line for us is we have had our week to rest veterans and for young guys to get more work. I think we will come out energized, physical, and sharp against whoever we play. And tactically we match up well against both teams.

plenewken
01-09-2011, 07:19 AM
There's no logic in football playoffs. We won a SB being #6 in the AFC, the 2 favorite teams lost yesterday, etc.........

The Chiefs can win and I hope they do.

finesward
01-09-2011, 08:08 AM
And keep in mind Balt has been pretty pathetic in the 4th Q of games this year. Lots of late collapses. If the Chiefs can keep it close or have the lead going into the 4th I like their chances.

Atlanta Dan
01-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Ravens smoke the Chiefs today

As Ed. B.of the P-G said today, of possible games next weekend the worst possibility for the Steelers would be another brawl with the Ravens but that is what appears to be coming up:banging:

TRH
01-09-2011, 08:22 AM
i think we beat either team...doesn't matter to me

Whodis
01-09-2011, 08:33 AM
The Steeler - Ravens game is gonna be so physical it will be a little more challenging to bounce back the next week compared to playing a team lie the Colts.

I like the Rats in this game, but I won't be upset if I lose $ on it

STEELERS ROCK
01-09-2011, 08:39 AM
I am a Chiefs fan till about 4:00 but if I had to bet I'd say the Ratbirds by 10 pts

btaylor179
01-09-2011, 08:55 AM
ravens win but doesn't matter.....we play better on road then at home

FanSince72
01-09-2011, 09:08 AM
There are actually a lot of things I'd like to see happen and each for different reasons.

First of all, after Seattle's win yesterday I don't really see that happening again with KC, so I think it's going to be Baltimore next week. But no matter who we meet next week, I'd just like to see us win because that's where it gets interesting.

If we get to the AFCC game, I'd love for it to be against New England in Foxboro just for the opportunity to beat the Patsies there and get the monkey off our backs once and for all.

On the other hand, it would also be great if the Jets can beat New England because that would keep us home and give us an opportunity for some payback against Jersey/B for beating us in our own house earlier in the season.

I like either scenario but of course none of that can happen without a win on Saturday so naturally that's Step One. But the one thing that I feel is true right now is that I believe that we're peaking and that the offense is tightening up and I think that if that trend stays on track, we have a real good shot at winning it all no matter who we end up facing.

Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go!!!!!!! :tt02:

stb_steeler
01-09-2011, 09:08 AM
And keep in mind Balt has been pretty pathetic in the 4th Q of games this year. Lots of late collapses. If the Chiefs can keep it close or have the lead going into the 4th I like their chances.

Dont tell bobbyjr. that......:rofl:

LVSteelersfan
01-09-2011, 01:11 PM
So far so good. The Chiefs have the lead in the 2nd quarter and they look a lot sharper than the Ravens do. Come on Chiefs. Keep playing tough for all 4 quarters. I want to see the Steelers play at least one team they have not played yet this year. Two teams we haven't played would be even better because that means we make it all the way to the big game.

fortmemphis
01-09-2011, 01:22 PM
So far so good. The Chiefs have the lead in the 2nd quarter and they look a lot sharper than the Ravens do. Come on Chiefs. Keep playing tough for all 4 quarters. I want to see the Steelers play at least one team they have not played yet this year. Two teams we haven't played would be even better because that means we make it all the way to the big game.

I just posted in the Playoff scenarios that I wanted to play the Chiefs. I dont really want to have to play the Ravens if we dont have to. KC was doing okay but they fumbled on a good drive and now just gave up a TD right before halftime.
Hopefully KC can keep it close and come back in the 2nd half.

steelers33
01-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Yah this game is going to be close in the second half. All Baltimore is doing is dinking and dunking with rice and heap so the Chiefs will have to find an answer for that. While I don't think the Ravens have a definite answer for Charles speed.

LVSteelersfan
01-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Yah this game is going to be close in the second half. All Baltimore is doing is dinking and dunking with rice and heap so the Chiefs will have to find an answer for that. While I don't think the Ravens have a definite answer for Charles speed.

Sorry, but I think all of the ex-Patsie coaches on this team have no clue what to do. Romeo Crennel is a joke. I don't see them making the changes at halftime to stop the dinking and dunking. I hope so, but I have no faith in Crennel.

fortmemphis
01-09-2011, 01:48 PM
KC just had 4 and a foot, Cassel is what, 6'5"? Just QB sneak it and get your 1st down but KC and Charlie Weis run pitch-sweep to McCluster against the Ravens D and lost 4 yards and turned in over on downs--STUPID. Just "sneak" it and fall forward and you can make a foot. Stupid call

KC may be about to implode. A 15 yard penalty on them and Baltimore has it close to KC's 35. If they get a score here, KC wont come back against Ray Lewis. Looks like we will be seeing our old friends from Baltimore next week for the rubber game in our series this year.

steelers33
01-09-2011, 02:13 PM
God Cassel sucks,their offense is anemic.

eafratitpm3
01-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Let me put the final post here, it will be Baltimore

bobby jr
01-09-2011, 02:21 PM

Looks like you are going to get what you didn't want.

1. The Ravens

2. Winner of that game almost certainly goes to NE.

Come on, you didn't really think the Chiefs were going to knock off the mighty Ravens, did you?

Rick5895
01-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Looks like it will be Baltimore, so what, we will deal with them like we do, beat them up and take the game away. The only 2 times they have beaten us the last 3 years we didn't have Ben playing and this season our EX kicker missed 2 fg's.
Steelers 20 Ratbirds 10

bobby jr
01-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Looks like it will be Baltimore, so what, we will deal with them like we do, beat them up and take the game away. The only 2 times they have beaten us the last 3 years we didn't have Ben playing and this season our EX kicker missed 2 fg's.
Steelers 20 Ratbirds 10

Wishful thinking. The way the Ravens have handled the Chiefs while the Steelers are sitting around, I think Baltimore goes to NE for the AFC championship game.

bobby jr
01-09-2011, 02:41 PM
The Ravens almost beat Pittsburgh twice this year and the Steelers scored 1 point less in the 2nd half with Big Ben playing. The Ravens offense is clicking now thanks to KC.

steelers33
01-09-2011, 02:41 PM

1. The Ravens

Come on, you didn't really think the Chiefs were going to knock off the mighty Ravens, did you?

Congratulations you faced a team with a quarterback who obviously isn't playoff ready, once Charles got hurt their offense went no where. Chiefs just so happened to win the AFC west which is a joke of a conference by the fact the Raiders went 6-0 in it and finished 8-8. Plus Todd Hailey coach of the year BS awful coaching on both sides of the football and inconsistent defensive players. Good luck next week when you face an actual receiver corps, a proven playoff quarterback, and a defense.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 02:46 PM
The Ravens almost beat Pittsburgh twice this year and the Steelers scored 1 point less in the 2nd half with Big Ben playing. The Ravens offense is clicking now thanks to KC.

And Pittsburgh almost beat the Ravens twice this year. The hell is your point? This game will go either way.

I fully expect you to be thumping your chest all week to attempt to cover the fact that you're just as worried about this game as us Steelers fans are...but it's going to be nothing short of a tough, close battle...as usual. Neither team has a clear advantage over the other.

So good luck, and may the better teams win.

StainlessStill

The Steelers almost beat the Ravens twice this year as well, BOOBY (Ravens only beating us by 3 in the final minute with Charlie Batch.)

The Ravens are terrible. I'm glad we see them. Playoff time, IN Heinz Field against the Ravens has us smelling blood. It won't be pretty for your squad, Booby.:tt04:

steelers33

Because the Chiefs defense sucks while the Steelers have the best defense in football. Lol idiotic comment after idiotic comment. It was so obvious how large of a ripple effect it had when the Chiefs best player got injured. Exposed their lackluster quarterback, thus their poorly coached defense was on the field more. I would hardly say that this game is a precursor for offensive success verse the Steelers next week pathetic loser.

Atlanta Dan
01-09-2011, 02:52 PM

1. The Ravens

Attempting to debate Ravens-Steelers with you reminds me of this quote

“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.” -
Robert Heinlein

Welcome to my ignore list

If the Ravens beat the Steelers best wishes against the Patriots

steelers33
01-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Also just look at the Raiders putting up like 35 points against the Chiefs while they were lucky to put up 3 points in the game verse the Steelers. Booby you are such an idiot that because you had offensive success verse a crappy AFC west team that you are going to do the same to us. Hell we will put up 40 points on you because we did it our last game vs the Browns too.

plenewken
01-09-2011, 02:55 PM
The Chiefs would have lost against any Div I NCAA team today. They were absolutely putrid. Zero offense, zero defense, zero coaching.
Bring them Ratbirds!. I can't wait to see Fluko, Heap and Rice get obliterated by our D.

GO STEELERS!