PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Trade 22nd overall pick to 49ers

83-Steelers-43
04-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Broncos deal 22nd overall pick to 49ers

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The San Francisco 49ers now have two first-round picks in this month's NFL draft.

The Niners acquired the 22nd overall selection in the draft from the Denver Broncos on Wednesday for picks in the second round and third round.

The Broncos will receive the 37th and 68th overall picks in the deal.

The Niners own the sixth overall pick in the draft as well as No. 22 in the first round.

The New York Jets are the only other team with two first-round picks in the April 29 draft.

The Broncos now own seven picks in the first four rounds. They have the 15th overall selection after moving up from 29th in a deal with Atlanta.

Denver had acquired the 22nd overall pick from Washington in a trade last April.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2413928

Suitanim
04-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Hmmmm...now what do they do at 15? White? Holmes? Jackson?

And I wonder who San Fran has on their radar at 22.

83-Steelers-43
04-19-2006, 01:56 PM
This just may have helped the steelers chance of getting LenDale White. The broncos are definately set to take one of the top two WR's and it seems like they might be going for Williams or Maroney OR White with the 22 pick.

The 49ers have too big of needs to take White...Bengals, Giants, Bucs, and bears are all set at RB ... I think the pats will pass on RB because they don't have a secondary. As well as losing Mcginest and Ashworth. Dillon is old but they have ok depth behind him. He'll do for another year. That means that Williams, Maroney AND White could all be available to the panthers at 27.

The jets are probably set to take mangold, so the only other real threat to take an RB in the first is Indy, Jags, and panthers. ONE of those teams is going to pass on an RB ... Indy needs some help on D ... panthers need to replace Witherspoon ... and jags could use some depth on their D ... jags also have Greg Jones and Taylor. Maybe the chance of White being around is getting more believable by the day? If not White, I believe this trade will help push one of teh top HB's in the draft down to us. Personally, my brain is starting to turn into scrambled eggs with all this draft talk. Let's get it over with already. What do you guys think? Am I crazy for believing?

tony hipchest
04-19-2006, 02:12 PM
i bet the broncos were set on a top 2-3 wr. and they probably know they can get that at #37. probably moss.

Ambridge
04-19-2006, 03:17 PM
The odds have greatly improved that White will fall to the Steelers.

Suitanim
04-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Hard to say...even though Cleveland is talking 100% defense, I've heard rumors they are interested...along with Denver (obviously), Carolina, and New England, so, who knows?

Tha rock
04-19-2006, 08:42 PM
there taking vernon davis and the best available DB

tony hipchest
04-19-2006, 08:54 PM
there taking vernon davis and the best available DB so says mel kiper. (assuming you are talking about s.f.)

Tha rock
04-20-2006, 12:07 AM
so says mel kiper. (assuming you are talking about s.f.)

im saiyng that to LOL

clevestinks
04-20-2006, 11:15 AM
White is probably off our radar now.