PDA

View Full Version : Happy With The Ben Situation

SteelKnight
01-09-2011, 12:26 AM
In the offseason when they were calling him Rapelisberger and booing Pouncey at the draft I was nervous that every visiting stadium was going to have T-shirts and we were going to hear chanting "She said no" etc. When the media was desperate to show that fans hadn't forgiven Ben and were burning his jerseys, I was nervous of the drama the media wanted to create.

Pleasantly, there has been none of that.

I knew he would eventually overcome it but I thought this year was going to be bad.

I am pleasantly surprised.

Redemption!:tt04:

MikeHaullace
01-09-2011, 01:57 AM
When the media was desperate to show that fans hadn't forgiven Ben and were burning his jerseys, I was nervous of the drama the media wanted to create.

Then Ben played like Ben, and effectively pissed all over the media's cross constructed for his crucifixion.

../..:wink02:..\.. Media.

../..:wink02:..\..Roger Goodell.

SacknificentStew56
01-09-2011, 03:38 AM
Ben definitely got the last laugh with this situation by leading his team to a 9-3 record during his return and setting us up with a #2 seed and first round bye. So called fans who were burning his jerseys aren't true fans regardless of the situation. No saying I support his actions but being the Steeler fanatic that I am, I would never burn any black and gold jersey. I still have my Kordell Stewart jersey believe it or not.

saveus1011
01-09-2011, 04:26 AM
All you fans who burned his jersey, I hope you all became Ravens fans. You never burn Black and Gold ever. You do not DESERVE to wear black and gold. You people piss me off more than the idiots who leave Consol and Heinz early because the team is winning big or putting it away.

Whodis
01-09-2011, 08:30 AM
I'm not slamming #7 here, but isn't it the offseason where most fans have problems with him?

Year after year partying and then coming to camp fat and out of shape? It was if he didn't give a F#%K about anything. I'll reserve judgement til next year.

mesaSteeler
01-09-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm happy with the current Ben situation as long as he doesn't revert to his previous behavior. He is taking like and his role both on and off the field much more seriously.

USWSteel
01-09-2011, 01:53 PM
In the offseason when they were calling him Rapelisberger and booing Pouncey at the draft I was nervous that every visiting stadium was going to have T-shirts and we were going to hear chanting "She said no" etc. When the media was desperate to show that fans hadn't forgiven Ben and were burning his jerseys, I was nervous of the drama the media wanted to create.

Pleasantly, there has been none of that.

I knew he would eventually overcome it but I thought this year was going to be bad.

I am pleasantly surprised.

Redemption!:tt04:

Well we will probably see Ben alot this off season on Court Tv with the civil court case coming up, of course unless he settles out of court and to me says nothing more clearly than " I did it " !!!!

I clearly think his "change" in behavior has more to do with money than anything. His constant poor behavior though the years is going to be brought up in court and all this I'm a changed person stuff is just a front. No doubt his agents told him that his image is in the tank and it's costing him a ton of money. I think thats the real story behind his "new attitude". Also I'm sure there will be plenty of people testifying as to Ben's lack of character. We have all heard of the stories how he treats people in the service industries and his general rude behavior .

SteelKnight
01-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Well we will probably see Ben alot this off season on Court Tv with the civil court case coming up, of course unless he settles out of court and to me says nothing more clearly than " I did it " !!!!

I clearly think his "change" in behavior has more to do with money than anything. His constant poor behavior though the years is going to be brought up in court and all this I'm a changed person stuff is just a front. No doubt his agents told him that his image is in the tank and it's costing him a ton of money. I think thats the real story behind his "new attitude". Also I'm sure there will be plenty of people testifying as to Ben's lack of character. We have all heard of the stories how he treats people in the service industries and his general rude behavior .

As far as Ben is concerned, I continue to think he will be a model citizen. Money may be a factor but I think it is also a matter of honor and integrity. Redemption is a good thing.

What I am happy about is how the Non-Steeler football fans and the media eventually handled it...cooling off.

plenewken
01-10-2011, 06:25 AM
As far as Ben is concerned, I continue to think he will be a model citizen. Money may be a factor but I think it is also a matter of honor and integrity. Redemption is a good thing.

What I am happy about is how the Non-Steeler football fans and the media eventually handled it...cooling off.

Except for the die-hard Steelers fans, the opinion on Ben hasn't changed much and his popularity is still very low. You're not going to see TV commercials with Ben anytime soon.

stlrtruck
01-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Ben isn't done yet. This week he needs to show that the week 4 game was a fluke for the ratbirds. He needs to play lights out.

TRH
01-10-2011, 07:57 AM
He's stepped above and beyond even Goodell's expectations. And has been excellent on the field. i wouldn't want anyone else out there at QB

ricardisimo
01-10-2011, 01:32 PM
I'd like very much to believe that Ben has learned something from the experience, and that he's a better person for all of it. I'm actually somewhat disturbed that there haven't been more vocal protests at games. I guess it's like Madden says, winning cures everything.

SteelKnight
01-11-2011, 01:16 AM
Except for the die-hard Steelers fans, the opinion on Ben hasn't changed much and his popularity is still very low. You're not going to see TV commercials with Ben anytime soon.

I think his popularity is high among Steeler fans. I'm guessing stadiums with class have requested no Raplisberger T-shirts. Kids go to games afterall. I really haven't heard of any incidents and the way the media loves drama, if it was there they'd be reporting it for sure.

plenewken
01-11-2011, 05:46 AM
I think his popularity is high among Steeler fans. I'm guessing stadiums with class have requested no Raplisberger T-shirts. Kids go to games afterall. I really haven't heard of any incidents and the way the media loves drama, if it was there they'd be reporting it for sure.

Of course his fans like him, that's a no-brainer, but nationwide, his popularity has taken a serious hit and it's not going to improve much. Fool me once, shame on you...........
People are not going to demonstrate against Ben cause Ben is first and foremost irrelevant to them and his actions don't impact their lives. He's a QB, not a politician. They have their personal opinion and it's all that matters.
The media loves the drama celebrities create because their audience loves it too. Blame Ben for making the headlines, not the newspapers and TVs.
As for his image, like I said, you're not going to see commercials with Ben anytime soon.