mesaSteeler
01-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Steelers' depth a strength
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/01/08/steelers-depth-a-strength
About the Author
Mike Wilkening
mwilkening@pfwmedia.com
Senior editor

One of the Steelers' distinguishing traits this season has been the depth of contributions they have received from throughout the roster. On offense, the Steelers were able to persevere without QB Ben Roethlisberger in the first quarter of the season, with Dennis Dixon and Charlie Batch stepping up to help lead the team to a 3-1 record. Rookie Emmanuel Sanders, who has become the No. 3 receiver, has shown marked improvement as the season has gone on, with fellow rookie WR Antonio Brown making the most of his limited opportunities, too. Reserve RB Isaac Redman, meanwhile, keyed the pivotal win at Baltimore in Week 13 with an impressive TD catch. On defense, DE Ziggy Hood has filled in admirably for the injured DE Aaron Smith, with reserve DE Nick Eason and NT Chris Hoke also reliable contributors to a defensive line that has helped the Steelers shut down opposing running games all year.

austinfrench76
01-09-2011, 03:04 PM
I think that Hood stepping up was the biggest difference between this year and the last time A Smith went out. He needs to do it again this week and keep the spot warm for Smith against the Patriots! Go Steelers!

steeltheone
01-10-2011, 01:49 AM
I think that Hood stepping up was the biggest difference between this year and the last time A Smith went out. He needs to do it again this week and keep the spot warm for Smith against the Patriots! Go Steelers!

If we make it to the AFC Championship game....No way you bench Ziggy..,,Even if Smith does make it back he will not be in game shape.

davidtrout
01-10-2011, 01:59 AM
If we make it to the AFC Championship game....No way you bench Ziggy..,,Even if Smith does make it back he will not be in game shape.

Can't agree with that. If Aaron is ready to go, he needs to play. No offense to Ziggy, he's done a great job, but Aaron Smith he is not. Fortunately, neither one of us gets to make that decision, but I'm pretty sure LeBeau and Tomlin agree with me.

fer522
01-10-2011, 09:17 AM

you play them both men but yes he's earned the right to at least start the game