PDA

View Full Version : Nnamdi Asomugha

SH-Rock
01-09-2011, 12:19 PM
He's become a free agent. I think it would be smart to sign him for a decent amount.

TOOLofSTEEL
01-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Guy would be so frigging expensive to sign it wouldn't even be funny.
Unless he is tried of losing, in which case he might be willing to sign for less to get on a good team.

But I don't see this EVER happening.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Ok guys. If there's a free agent anyone has actually heard of....the Steelers will NOT be signing him.

ETL
01-09-2011, 01:33 PM
There's a reason why we don't sign well known free agents: they are over priced. Plain and simple. It is not worth spending all that money on perception. This is one of the reasons why the steelers are contenders year in and year out.

USWSteel
01-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Ok guys. If there's a free agent anyone has actually heard of....the Steelers will NOT be signing him.

Obviously you have no clue about the NFL. He's considered the top 1-2 corner in the league along with Revis. :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

SoCalFan
01-09-2011, 01:37 PM
When was the last time we signed a big name free agent?

LVSteelersfan
01-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Obviously you have no clue about the NFL. He's considered the top 1-2 corner in the league along with Revis. :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

And obviously you have no clue whatsoever about the Steelers. They do not sign high priced free agents. EVER !!! They build a team through the draft. And it works pretty darn well. He will be playing for the Patriots or Cowboys. Just watch.

Rockonsteel
01-09-2011, 01:54 PM
And obviously you have no clue whatsoever about the Steelers. They do not sign high priced free agents. EVER !!! They build a team through the draft. And it works pretty darn well. He will be playing for the Patriots or Cowboys. Just watch.

Exactly. I think it will be the Cowgirls, but I could see the Pats, if not Dallas.

Rockon

USWSteel
01-09-2011, 02:05 PM

Obviously you can read. I didn't say they do sign high priced free agents! When did I say that ?????????????? The point is the guy said "ever heard of " . If he's never heard of possibly the best corner in football then he shouldn't make a comment like that. Shows his ignorance ...like you just did ! !! !!

MattsMe
01-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Obviously you can read. I didn't say they do sign high priced free agents! When did I say that ?????????????? The point is the guy said "ever heard of " . If he's never heard of possibly the best corner in football then he shouldn't make a comment like that. Shows his ignorance ...like you just did ! !! !!

Are you high? He said if there is a free agent anyone has ever heard of, the Steelers won't sign him. In other words, if the player is well known, the Steelers aren't interested. What kind of universe do you live in where that translates into him saying he's never heard of Asomugha?

I think we need a universal "insert name here" is a free agent, the Steelers should sign him thread.

Binarymasta
01-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Nnamdi Asomugha
Total Season Stats.
Targets 28
Catches 9
Yards 150
Touchdowns 0
Interceptions 0
Pass Defense 5
Penalties 3
(Copied from Raiderfans.net)

Worth every penny ,of course you can continue to rely on Bryant Mcfadden :yeehaw:

fer522
01-09-2011, 02:27 PM
for the right amount we should sign him
but i know that won't happen

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 02:29 PM

Way to call out someone's reading comprehension after you're own total fail of reading comprehension.

You need to chill man, you make every argument a personal battle. You don't have to claw and fight to win every internetz battle.

PhantomJB93
01-09-2011, 02:30 PM
If there is one instance in which we should break our "self induced salary cap" it is this.

Of course we won't even try to pursue him though, I mean why go after a star CB when you cna keep drafting garbage oes in the 5ht round? That always seems to work for us.

Binarymasta
01-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Way to call out someone's reading comprehension after you're own total fail of reading comprehension.

You need to chill man, you make every argument a personal battle. You don't have to claw and fight to win every internetz battle.

I lol'd

steelerjim58
01-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Nnamdi Asomugha
Total Season Stats.
Targets 28
Catches 9
Yards 150
Touchdowns 0
Interceptions 0
Pass Defense 5
Penalties 3
(Copied from Raiderfans.net)

Worth every penny ,of course you can continue to rely on Bryant Mcfadden :yeehaw:

This guy is one of the most overpaid players in the league. This isn't a corner who has ever played that is worth the money the raiders are paying this guy.

theplatypus
01-09-2011, 02:32 PM
I would rather keep ike. That guy would cost so much we would lose woodley as well.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 02:33 PM
I lol'd

Haha shhhh....every now and then I have to make a mistake to prove I'm human. That was totally on purpose. :chuckle:

Spelling errors do not equal lack of reading comprehension though, so I'm safe lol.

Binarymasta
01-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Haha shhhh....every now and then I have to make a mistake to prove I'm human. That was totally on purpose. :chuckle:

Spelling errors do not equal lack of reading comprehension though lol.

Oh of course! :D
I do it too, haha. was just a funny situation.

This guy is one of the most overpaid players in the league. This isn't a corner who has ever played that is worth the money the raiders are paying this guy.

Sarcasm I hope?

steelerjim58
01-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Oh of course! :D
I do it too, haha. was just a funny situation.

Sarcasm I hope?

No, the Steelers havn't had a superstar db since Woodson, and have done just fine on defense. Again, no db is worth that much money.

jjpro11
01-09-2011, 02:46 PM
No, the Steelers havn't had a superstar db since Woodson, and have done just fine on defense. Again, no db is worth that much money.

Troy Polamalu begs to differ.. but i am guessing you were referring to cornerbacks anyhow.

harrison'samonster
01-09-2011, 02:46 PM
would it be worth paying big money to bring in a cb to play 10 yrds off the receiver?lol

I can't see the steelers going after him, but it would be nice, considering our D's small weakness.

JackHammer
01-09-2011, 02:47 PM

Hooked on phonics worked for me!!! It can work for you too. L2READ, kthxbai

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-09-2011, 02:50 PM

Wow you really went to a personal attack quickly there. As stated by other posters, I was inferring that since Asomugha is indeed a well known player around the league, the Steelers will not be signing him. Jeez.

bigchuck
01-09-2011, 03:02 PM
wouldnt even want the guy, like others have said we dont need high priced free agents, never have never will. theres a reason we have 6 rings and never sign free agents. they are cap killers

jizzballz
01-09-2011, 03:03 PM

if we get to the acfg against patriots and brady has his way again, you will be reassesing your statement.

Al Davis always overpays, and yes Nnamdi is worth how much we would throw at him, it would make polamalu's and everyone elses job easier.

TOOLofSTEEL
01-09-2011, 03:12 PM
The only thing that would help us nab this guy is:

If he is tried of losing and doesn't care about money. I mean he is making QB money yet he got a clause like that put in his contract. You have to wonder if he did that just to avoid a franchise tag once he realized, okay. This team is going nowhere anytime soon.

Now there are other, good teams out there that would pay him more than us. But again, if he wants to win and be a Superbowl contender year in and year out. We could possibly nab the guy since he already got rich while in Oakland.

But its really up to him, and I think he'd have to have some desire to be a Steeler if only because its a 6time Superbowl winning ball club. Prior to this, for this deal to ever happen.

tl;dr
I don't see him coming here for less money unless he wants to be a Steeler for some reason.

davidtrout
01-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Never going to happen. That's just not the way the Steelers roll. If there is a free agent they target in the offseason I would hope it's Marcus McNeil. But that won't happen either.

I doubt the Pats go after him either. While they play the FA game well, they're pretty crafty about it and generally don't overpay. Dallas seems more likely or WAS unless Snyder has learned his lesson with Haynesworth.

MDSteel15
01-09-2011, 04:58 PM

What I believe he was saying is that if they are somebody that you have heard of and are rally good, the Steelers will not sign them because they cost too much! I think you just misinterpritted it. :thumbsup:

jizzballz
01-09-2011, 05:01 PM
i heard texans would give him a 70 million deal... lol, thats just a rumor though but then again look how bad their defense is

btaylor179
01-09-2011, 05:15 PM
he will go to washington

MDSteel15
01-09-2011, 05:40 PM
he will go to washington

Not if he wants to win! :rofl:

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2011, 05:58 PM
this goofy unrealistic thread will be on 30 other team message boards before the day is out....:doh:
it still amazes me that there are steeler fans even dumb enough to entertain the idea that the steelers would even consider signing someone like this.

ETL
01-09-2011, 07:43 PM

Polamalu is no slouch in my view

SteelKnight
01-09-2011, 11:24 PM

ROFL...so true

SteelKnight
01-09-2011, 11:30 PM

You are the one who misunderstood his comment.

LVSteelersfan
01-09-2011, 11:41 PM
The Steelers will continue to use LBs as their main weapon on defense. Do not ever expect them to go after a shut down corner. It just is not going to happen. Ike is pretty darn good at it but he is probably the best we will ever see back there.

lionslicer
01-09-2011, 11:51 PM
It will be interesting to see where he goes... It wont be the Steelers..

Vick might be a free agent, lets try to get him...
What about Brett Favre? He's officially a free agent..
Matt LIght (NE OT). He so would come to pittsburgh and leave his butt buddy Tom.
Champ Bailey and Ronde Barber's contracts are supposed to be up, idk if they got extensions yet.
I heard that guy LaMarr Woodley is really awesome at OLB for 3-4 defenses.

(these threads are rediculous)

steelerjim58
01-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Polamalu is no slouch in my view

My bad, I should have specified cornerback, not simply defensive back.

MDSteel15
01-10-2011, 11:02 AM
The Steelers will continue to use LBs as their main weapon on defense. Do not ever expect them to go after a shut down corner. It just is not going to happen. Ike is pretty darn good at it but he is probably the best we will ever see back there.

Ike isn't the cornerback in question when everybody keeps talking about bringing in new DBs! It's the rest of the corners that we would like to upgrade... :thumbsup:

fat4jc
01-10-2011, 11:53 AM
I like how USWSteel pretty much checked out of this thread. haha

madtowndrunkard
01-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Exactly. I think it will be the Cowgirls, but I could see the Pats, if not Dallas.

Rockon

Where ever Bill Cowher ends up is where Asomugha will end up.

Heeeeeeeath
01-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Ike isn't the cornerback in question when everybody keeps talking about bringing in new DBs! It's the rest of the corners that we would like to upgrade... :thumbsup:

If our offense would hold up it's end a little more often, we wouldn't have to nitpick about the BEST DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE.

Lol, come on guys, seriously? Our D is great, but not perfect, and we can't expect it to be... as far as I'm concerned, all 4 of our losses this year were on the offense.

ricardisimo
01-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Wow... I never saw this thread coming. :rolleyes:

theplatypus
01-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Wow... I never saw this thread coming. :rolleyes:

There's a similar thread on every other NFL message board.

Fire Arians
01-10-2011, 05:41 PM
He's become a free agent. I think it would be smart to sign him for a decent amount.

oh it'd be VERY smart to sign him for a 'decent' amount.

now realistically speaking, he ain't gonna be signed by anyone for a 'decent' amount. more like revis expensive.

and really i'll stand by my belief that no cornerback is worth that kind of money. the phrase that a shutdown corner takes away half the field doesn't apply in this day and age where teams are running a lot of the 4-5 wide. what good was revis when the pats embarassed them? I guess he could brag that his man didn't catch any balls, too bad the other 2 wr's and the TE had a field day

Heeeeeeeath
01-10-2011, 05:50 PM
oh it'd be VERY smart to sign him for a 'decent' amount.

now realistically speaking, he ain't gonna be signed by anyone for a 'decent' amount. more like revis expensive.

and really i'll stand by my belief that no cornerback is worth that kind of money. the phrase that a shutdown corner takes away half the field doesn't apply in this day and age where teams are running a lot of the 4-5 wide. what good was revis when the pats embarassed them? I guess he could brag that his man didn't catch any balls, too bad the other 2 wr's and the TE had a field day

You seem like a pretty brilliant man around here.

wutchy
01-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Asomugha isn't THAT good. He got game. I wouldn't swap him even-up for Ike. I paid attention to him when i watched raider games because of his salary. I saw a good CB, but good Cb's are common in the NFL.

I'll bet the lands in Minnesota. Or Detriot.