PDA

View Full Version : Well, say hello to Baltimore next weekend!!

sarahpalinhater
01-09-2011, 03:24 PM
And obviously, most of the world will have them favored over us. And with the TE's in the league killing us, we will have to constantly double Heap, and Boldin as well. Which means we won't be able to Blitz Flacco like we want. It will be a tough game. I suspect Boldin, who has killed un in 5 differnt games in his career will go for like 8-10 catches for at least 140-170 Yds. Mason will have over 100 Yds, and Heal could go for 90-125 Yds as well. So, we GOTTA have at least 150 Yds from each of Ward and Wallace, and at least 4 TD's from them combined. And if our defense can score a couple of TD's, and Mendy gets at least 150 Yds and a TD,,I can see us just barely winning! But we will have to get in the 45-50 Pt range to win.!! :tt04:

Oh, and one more thing....this post was a complete JOKE!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Only a complete MORON would even think that Joe " Flatulence " Flacco! will EVER beat Big Ben and our steelers :tt02:

Steelers 27
Ravens 10

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 03:25 PM
No jinxies! :chuckle:

Rick5895
01-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Looks like it will be Baltimore, so what, we will deal with them like we do, beat them up and take the game away. The only 2 times they have beaten us the last 3 years we didn't have Ben playing and this season our EX kicker missed 2 fg's.
Steelers 20 Ratbirds 10

fer522
01-09-2011, 03:30 PM
bring Them on :tt03: :tt03:

PhantomJB93
01-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Assinine Arians and our offense really need to step up. We can't have the Ravens running 70+ plays on us like they did to the Chiefs today, our defense simply won't last. We NEED to dominate time of possession on Saturday.

toughsticks87
01-09-2011, 03:44 PM
KC did shoot themselves in the foot though with all of the turnovers.

StainlessStill
01-09-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm glad it's the Ratturds!!!! Exactly who I wanted. Everything they do, WE do better!

HERE WE GO!!!!

joeyssteelcurtain
01-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Its not the matchup I was hoping for. But i think we will beat them 20-13.

Fire Arians
01-09-2011, 03:47 PM
the ravens aren't that good, we can take them

bobby jr
Looks like it will be Baltimore, so what, we will deal with them like we do, beat them up and take the game away. The only 2 times they have beaten us the last 3 years we didn't have Ben playing and this season our EX kicker missed 2 fg's.
Steelers 20 Ratbirds 10

The Steelers scored 1 point less with Ben in Baltimore VS Batch in Pittsburgh. .He is not a miracle worker and those close games against the Ravens won't mean squat on Sunday. The Ravens already won in Heinz this year with Flacco leading a dramatic game winning TD drive in the closing minute.

The way the Ravens are dominating KC, I wouldn't be surprised if they go on to the AFC Championship game, probably in NE, in two weeks.

The Bye can come back to bite a team. Let's be honest the Ravens now have the advantage. The Steelers played great against Cleveland but you don't want to sit for two weeks after your best game of the year. The Ravens have just had their best game of the year against the Chiefs.

This is, quite likely, the Ravens year.

SoCalFan
The game is not even over but hopefully the Steelers are already getting there mind s set on a 3rd game with the ratbirds this season.I feel good about our chances with some well rested players.It will be the coaches job in preparing a game plan to destroy these guys!We can exploit there secondary and run the ball with success.I just hope the special teams and our secondary dont screw up!

bobby jr
01-09-2011, 03:48 PM
the ravens aren't that good, we can take them

30 to 7. Baltimore over Chiefs. They are making Cassel look like the college backup QB he was.

The Ravens are that good, and no, Pittsburgh can't take them. Not this year. Not in these playoffs.

Pentheon
01-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Yep...can't wait, round 3.

joeyssteelcurtain
01-09-2011, 03:50 PM
The Steelers scored 1 point less with Ben in Baltimore VS Batch in Pittsburgh. .He is not a miracle worker and those close games against the Ravens won't mean squat on Sunday. The Ravens already won in Heinz this year with Flacco leading a dramatic game winning TD drive in the closing minute.

The way the Ravens are dominating KC, I wouldn't be surprised if they go on to the AFC Championship game, probably in NE, in two weeks.

The Bye can come back to bite a team. Let's be honest the Ravens now have the advantage. The Steelers played great against Cleveland but you don't want to sit for two weeks after your best game of the year. The Ravens have just had their best game of the year against the Chiefs.

That all sounds great but 100% bullshit. We will kick the ravens ass. Ben is so much better then Joe its not even close

jjpro11
the game's not even over yet and Bobby is already here spewing out his horse shit... a whole week of this clown makes me want to puke.

SoCalFan
I want to see the hurry up offense to start the second half.Ratbirds D has shown to tire out!!!!

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 03:51 PM
30 to 7. Baltimore over Chiefs. They are making Cassel look like the college backup QB he was.

The Ravens are that good, and no, Pittsburgh can't take them. Not this year. Not in these playoffs.

Lol...yes they got to Cassel and rattled him to no end.

That's never happened before.

Thump that chest bobby, thump it.

toughsticks87
01-09-2011, 03:51 PM

It's the Chiefs, not the Patriots. Relax. And you didn't beat KC either, they beat themselves. And of course you believe your team will in, as we do as well, but be realistic. To say "Pittsburgh can't take them." just makes you look stupid. It'll be what everyone on these boards expects; close, gritty, low scoring.

Steelers 21
Ravens 10

bobby jr
01-09-2011, 03:52 PM
That all sounds great but 100% bullshit. We will kick the ravens ass. Ben is so much better then Joe its not even close

The QB ratings say different. Ben was #5, Joe was #7. And their numbers were close.

No Ben is not so much better than Joe. And Joe has just come off a hot finish against KC while Ben has been sitting for two weeks.

I

MACH1
01-09-2011, 03:52 PM
I want to see the hurry up offense to start the second half.Ratbirds D has shown to tire out!!!!

Thats a key point to winning this game. Pound em and pound em some more.

mcg24
01-09-2011, 03:53 PM
The QB ratings say different. Ben was #5, Joe was #7. And their numbers were close.

No Ben is not so much better than Joe. And Joe has just come off a hot finish against KC while Ben has been sitting for two weeks.

I

You sound like a total tool. Steelers win 24-17

Fire Arians
01-09-2011, 03:54 PM

saving this quote to shove it in your mouth next saturday :)

ZoneBlitzer
01-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Well we know what we're getting into with this one. It's too close to call and can go either way. I think the difference maker will be the Steelers young receiving corps. If they don't choke and drop or turnover the ball, they will have a good shot at this thing.

joeyssteelcurtain
01-09-2011, 03:56 PM

I
Joe has never beat Ben and who cares about numbers. This is not fantasy football. If you take away Joe's check downs he's got nothing. He is way overrated. I say he has 3 picks

toughsticks87
01-09-2011, 03:57 PM
saving this quote to shove it in your mouth next saturday :)

He's acting like the Ravens just beat the 2007 Patriots. It's the lowly Chiefs there, bud. :blah:

bobby jr
It's the Chiefs, not the Patriots. Relax. And you didn't beat KC either, they beat themselves. And of course you believe your team will in, as we do as well, but be realistic. To say "Pittsburgh can't take them." just makes you look stupid. It'll be what everyone on these boards expects; close, gritty, low scoring.

Steelers 21
Ravens 10

I was responding to an overconfident post which indicated the Steelers would easily walk over the Ravens. Your post with a 21-10 final score shows the same thing overconfidence and some wishful thinking.

Of couse it is possible the Steelers will advance to the AFC Championship game. Anything can happen in a road playoff game.

But the Steelers Bye now seems more of a disadvantage than an advantage. Sitting for two weeks after their best game of the year. I've heard NFL coaches say that when their team is playing well they don't want a week off.

WHile the Ravens have completely dominated the Chiefs and are blowing them out of their own stadium. The offense is finally clicking and what a defensive performance.
I don't think Cassell has much of a future after this game. He looks pathetic out there.

Steel_Bus_24

http://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1598688/undercover-brother-invite-o.gif

Bring it on.....I expect nothing less than a total war when our teams throwdown:helmet::helmet:

jizzballz
01-09-2011, 03:58 PM

the ravens dont have the advantage, this is our advantage

ZbZ1E9VMOyQ

oh yeah, and if it's anyone's year, its the patriots or eagles. oh really 7-3 with one minute to go in one quarter, yeah thats real good to gloat around LMAO

saveus1011
01-09-2011, 03:58 PM
We gotta punch, and punch, and punch, and punch like we've never punched before!!

jjpro11
01-09-2011, 03:59 PM
if the Steelers didn't want that bye they would have tanked it vs Cleveland... and if the Ravens didn't want it they would have tanked vs Cincy.. please.. what a stupid thing to say. the Steelers were banged up and used the bye to get healthy. hardly a disadvantage. the bye sure didn't hurt them in 2008 either.

bobby jr
01-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Joe has never beat Ben and who cares about numbers. This is not fantasy football. If you take away Joe's check downs he's got nothing. He is way overrated. I say he has 3 picks

There's always the first time.

Those previous close losses won't mean much when the teams take the field. Especially since Joe finally beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh in October.

The Steelers are going to have to earn it. May the best team win next week. And I think that will be the Baltimore Ravens, advancing towards the Super Bowl.

plenewken
01-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Pitt would have beat KC today. That says it all.

toughsticks87
01-09-2011, 04:01 PM
I was responding to an overconfident post which indicated the Steelers would easily walk over the Ravens. Your post with a 21-10 final score shows the same thing overconfidence and some wishful thinking.

Of couse it is possible the Steelers will advance to the AFC Championship game. Anything can happen in a road playoff game.

But the Steelers Bye now seems more of a disadvantage than an advantage. Sitting for two weeks after their best game of the year. I've heard NFL coaches say that when their team is playing well they don't want a week off.

WHile the Ravens have completely dominated the Chiefs and are blowing them out of their own stadium. The offense is finally clicking and what a defensive performance.
I don't think Cassell has much of a future after this game. He looks pathetic out there.

You say "it's possible" like it's improbable. Again, let's be real for a second; your team is the underdog. Stop acting like they're clear favorites. They're not.

You know, I just can't wait till next Saturday. Oh, and your points on the bye week just make you look ridiculous. You would've loved that bye, had Ben not beaten you again this year.

Fire Arians
01-09-2011, 04:02 PM
There's always the first time.

Those previous close losses won't mean much when the teams take the field. Especially since Joe finally beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh in October.

The Steelers are going to have to earn it. May the best team win next week. And I think that will be the Baltimore Ravens, advancing towards the Super Bowl.

yeah the mighty joe needed jeff reed to miss 2 field goals and ben roethlisberger not playing. you guys are ****ed

mcg24

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.planetsteelers.com/images/ratbirds2dj4.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.planetsteelers.com/tag/steelers-run-over-ravens/&usg=__tdi35_nkKfFUzIzs27S61-yflh8=&h=258&w=410&sz=86&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=rpTI9PREbPv_3M:&tbnh=131&tbnw=187&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dratbirds%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3D off%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D584%26tbs%3Disch: 1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=341&ei=2yEqTaLMGIGclgeQt83LCw&oei=2yEqTaLMGIGclgeQt83LCw&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=120&ty=37

steelers33

Lol Ravens year my ****ing ass. Ben was playing on the road and he was still getting in the swing of things at that point. Bottom line is that Big Ben owns the Ravens, and this should not change next week.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 04:03 PM

Yeah...because the bye week hurt the Steelers badly in '08. :noidea:

Keep getting ahead of yourself though thinking the Ravens will handle the Steelers easily.

bobby jr
01-09-2011, 04:04 PM
if the Steelers didn't want that bye they would have tanked it vs Cleveland... and if the Ravens didn't want it they would have tanked vs Cincy.. please.. what a stupid thing to say. the Steelers were banged up and used the bye to get healthy. hardly a disadvantage. the bye sure didn't hurt them in 2008 either.

I didn't say the Ravens didn't want the Bye. Of course they did. And so did the Steelers.

I'm saying right now the bye looks like a disadvantage to the Steelers. . The Ravens are now coming into Pittsburgh off a blowout win of KC, Boomer Esiain is now praising Joe Flacco and saying he really came through in the clutch in the playoffs.

while the Steelers have been sitting for two weeks. As I said I've heard NFL coaches say they don't want to sit for two weeks when their team is playing well.

Of course the Steelers still have an advantage for winning the division and that is the home field advantage. But I think the Ravens now have the momentum and the confidence.

steelcity1974
01-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Refs handed that game to the Ravens. Started with that BS personal foul as if Falco is Brady. And then they missed that blatant hold, leading to the Ravens second TD. They missed a lot of holds today. Also that horrible illegal contact call. Cheifs then self-destructed with unforced errors and turnovers. Ravens run game was non-existent today. They only play they had was the check to RB...like a college style offense. Romeo C. was too dumb to adjust to it. Ravens D was lucky the Chiefs stopped running the ball up the middle...they were killing them in the first half, but then Weis decided he needed to get to recuriting for Florida and decided to get throw happy. If they would have continued running the ball, Chiefs would have easily won the game. And Harbaugh is a complete moron...he complains to refs on every single play. He reminds me of Brady. And back to the refs...why do they give Ray Rice an extra 3 yards every time he does the military crawl on the ground long after he is down. Several drives were erroneously extended for bad spots. Cassle played the worst game of his career too...can he throw another terrible pass to the other team? Ravens D didn't have to even try in the second half.

SoCalFan
01-09-2011, 04:07 PM
BAN BOBBY JR....We are giving him exactly what he wants,attention!!! We will win this game!

frunko1
01-09-2011, 04:08 PM
hopefully ben has another one of these games

13/16, 209 YDS, 5 TD.. like he did in 07, good times

toughsticks87
01-09-2011, 04:08 PM
BAN BOBBY JR....We are giving him exactly what he wants,attention!!! We will win this game!

I kinda love it when he's around. He makes me feel smart, and gives me something to laugh at.

plenewken
01-09-2011, 04:09 PM
I didn't say the Ravens didn't want the Bye. Of course they did. And so did the Steelers.

I'm saying right now the bye looks like a disadvantage to the Steelers. . The Ravens are now coming into Pittsburgh off a blowout win of KC, Boomer Esiain is now praising Joe Flacco and saying he really came through in the clutch in the playoffs.

while the Steelers have been sitting for two weeks. As I said I've heard NFL coaches say they don't want to sit for two weeks when their team is playing well.

Of course the Steelers still have an advantage for winning the division and that is the home field advantage. But I think the Ravens now have the momentum and the confidence.

Carolina would have beat KC today. The Chiefs showed absolutely nothing. 5 friggin' turnovers, zero offense, zero defense and zero coaching.
See you next Saturday. Your "momentum" will take you straight to the golf course.

bobby jr
01-09-2011, 04:09 PM
You say "it's possible" like it's improbable. Again, let's be real for a second; your team is the underdog. Stop acting like they're clear favorites. They're not.

You know, I just can't wait till next Saturday. Oh, and your points on the bye week just make you look ridiculous. You would've loved that bye, had Ben not beaten you again this year.

I would've loved the bye going into the playoffs but now that the Ravens have done what they did to the Chiefs I'm glad the Ravens played this week. This type of win can carry into next week and beyond,

We've been waiting all year for the offense and defense to jell like this and the Ravens to play up to their ability.

Ben has beaten Joe and the Ravens once in the playoffs. And I'm not expecting that to happen again this year. Not the way the Ravens played against KC.

All the chips are on the table for this game.
Pittsburgh VS Baltimore.
Let the best team win.

I'm out of here for now, on to the Ravens forum.

By the way If the Ravens win next week I won't be here gloating, I'm not that type. I was on the Colts forum last night but even though I was glad they lost I didn't rub it in.

steelers33
01-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Ben owns Joe Flacco. Flacco has never beat Ben he is 2-5 verse the Steelers in his career and those two wins came against-gasp- Dennis Dixon and Charlie Batch(both games we both had plenty of oppurtunities to win.) With the way Ben plays in the post season I can't see the Ravens coming into our house and beating us. But of course it will be close.

theplatypus
01-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Unfortunately, there's a reasonable chance that Reed won't be there.

toughsticks87
01-09-2011, 04:13 PM

Yeah, I do feel bad for Ed Reed. That must have been so hard and emotional for him to play today. I hope his brother is just hiding out somewhere or something.

plenewken
01-09-2011, 04:13 PM
I would've loved the bye going into the playoffs but now that the Ravens have done what they did to the Chiefs I'm glad the Ravens played this week. This type of win can carry into next week and beyond,

We've been waiting all year for the offense and defense to jell like this and the Ravens to play up to their ability.

Ben has beaten Joe and the Ravens once in the playoffs. And I'm not expecting that to happen again this year. Not the way the Ravens played against KC.

All the chips are on the table for this game.
Pittsburgh VS Baltimore.
Let the best team win.

Dude,

The Ravens did nothing to the Chiefs. The Chiefs SELF-DESTRUCTED for 4 quarters. Your boyz beat the Steelers by 3pts, playing without Ben and pretty much without Reed (missed 2 FGs). You think it's gonna happen again? Not a friggin' chance!

GO STEELERS!

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 04:17 PM

Yeah, but not for any of the right reasons (not that injuries are good or anything, but you know what I mean).

Wish him and his family the best. Tons of respect for him coming out and playing his heart out with that hanging over him right now. Can't be easy at all.

StainlessStill
01-09-2011, 04:18 PM
There is no bigger HOMER than this Booby fella. The Steelers do nothing but beat Balty in big games and have done so in the playoffs TWICE before, let alone how many division victories we have won over them when it was on the line?

Guess what Booby? A guy by the name of Ben Roethlisberger is playing this week, someone who the Ravens rarely ever beat. I'm so pumped we get the jailbirds again.:tt04:

Troy Polamalu says hi.:tt03:

harrison'samonster
01-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Looking at the history of the rivarly, has Baltimore ever beaten Pittsburgh in a must win game for them? Every time the outcome really really matters, the Steelers end up the winners.

I'm not saying that proves that the Steelers will win next week, but how could any Ravens fan be confident leading into this game? Steelers are 2-0 against the Ravens in the playoffs. and in this year and in 2008, the steelers are 2-0 against Baltimore in the games that decided the division leader. And, the Steelers beat Baltimore at the end of 2009, when we needed it (I'm not sure what that resulted in for Baltimore's playoff chances in 09).

How can baltimore be confident going against Pittsburgh in a must win situation?

PhantomJB93
01-09-2011, 04:21 PM
To be honest Im actually scared. We've dominated them so much when it mattered and so much with Ben playing that I feel like they're just due for a win and might come in with a stronger determination.

jizzballz
01-09-2011, 04:24 PM
To be honest Im actually scared. We've dominated them so much when it mattered and so much with Ben playing that I feel like they're just due for a win and might come in with a stronger determination.

*****, that is not a steeler fan attitude, that is pre-crosby penguin attitude, go back to the depths on the rink lol jk

tony hipchest
01-09-2011, 04:24 PM

:rofl:

sarahpalinhater
01-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Let little Bobby have his fun. I mean we would if we were on a Ravens board. Bottom line is that the Ravens will be tired after all this traveling. Reed will be mourning once they pull hisBro out of the Mighty Mississippi!
The Ravens didn't have any KC weapons that they had to cover except for Bowe, cause KC doesn't have another WR. As where next week they will have to deal with Wallace,,who is WAY better then Boldin. Ward which is WAY better then Mason. Miller, who at Pittsburgh is better then Heap. And deal with " Young speedsters in Sanders & Brown. I mean Baltimore doesn't have ANY kind of secondary. And besides Suggs they have no pass rush,,,and little Suggsy is too small and weak to tackle Big Ben, who constantly tosses Suggsy away like a little rag doll. And we have " Troy! " & " James the Silverback "

Joe " Flatulence " Flacco will be Sh!tting in his pants come next saturday.

SH-Rock
To all you guys that say the Steelers will just roll the Ravens, did you forget which team we are talking about? The Ravens are our most hated rival, but also we fear this team the most second to the Patriots. It's the same with them, but they fear the Colts instead. Luckily you guys aren't the coaches or you'll probably talk about how the Ravens never beat the Steelers when Big Ben is in. "Stats are for losers, you keep looking at stats we'll keep getting wins"-Raheem Morris

fortmemphis
Did Cowher just said on the post game show that Heap did not play in the 2nd game against us at Baltimore? Is that right? If so I had forgotten that. He is a huge part of their O. This game will be, as Jim Nantz might say, "one for the ages." I cannot imagine what the atmosphere will be like for you guys who get to go to the game next week. What electricity there will be. I hope the Terrible Towels are waving. Man there is going to hitting in this game.
No matter what, whoever wins, I hope the winner of our game goes to the Super Bowl. If the Ravens beat us for the 2nd time in Pittsburgh, then I will tip my cap to them and hope they beat the Pats or especially the Jets. What a weekend it will be--Pats/Jets and Pitt/Baltimore. The TV execs should be loving this.

PhantomJB93
01-09-2011, 04:27 PM
*****, that is not a steeler fan attitude, that is pre-crosby penguin attitude, go back to the depths on the rink lol jk

Lol sorry Im just sayin I dont like seeing that "they've never beaten us with Ben" stat I feel like it's jinxing us haha

caseydog
01-09-2011, 04:27 PM
So, we get to face the two-Rs, the Ratbirds and the Referees, next weekend. The Ratbirds want blood, and the Referees will be too focused on Harrison to be bothered by cheap hits on Ben, or anyone else dressed in black and gold.

I hope the Steelers are ready to win against both opponents.

CD

Steel_Bus_24
01-09-2011, 04:29 PM
So, we get to face the two-Rs, the Ratbirds and the Referees, next weekend. The Ratbirds want blood, and the Referees will be too focused on Harrison to be bothered by cheap hits on Ben, or anyone else dressed in black and gold.

I hope the Steelers are ready to win against both opponents.

CD

I was thinking the same thing...........

Our 1st game with them this year....the Refs were way to involved

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Let little Bobby have his fun. I mean we would if we were on a Ravens board. Bottom line is that the Ravens will be tired after all this traveling. Reed will be mourning once they pull hisBro out of the Mighty Mississippi!
The Ravens didn't have any KC weapons that they had to cover except for Bowe, cause KC doesn't have another WR. As where next week they will have to deal with Wallace,,who is WAY better then Boldin. Ward which is WAY better then Mason. Miller, who at Pittsburgh is better then Heap. And deal with " Young speedsters in Sanders & Brown. I mean Baltimore doesn't have ANY kind of secondary. And besides Suggs they have no pass rush,,,and little Suggsy is too small and weak to tackle Big Ben, who constantly tosses Suggsy away like a little rag doll. And we have " Troy! " & " James the Silverback "

That's pretty much uncalled for, and really, really ignorant.

I hate the Ravens as much as the next Steelers fans, but these are real people you know.

I don't ban often, but you've added nothing of substance to this board so far and have been on the brink of crossing the line for long enough. Enjoy your vacation.

SH-Rock
01-09-2011, 04:30 PM
The Steelers Offense better show up. The Ravens corners aren't spectacular or semi-spectacular so it be a nice time for the rookies to step up and Wallace have a big game. One thing I do like to say is that in today's game Flacco did make a lot of mistakes where a few passes could've been intercepted.

plenewken
01-09-2011, 04:34 PM

I hate the Ravens as much as the next Steelers fans, but these are real people you know.

I don't ban often, but you've added nothing of substance to this board so far and have been on the brink of crossing the line for long enough. Enjoy your vacation.

Thanks for kicking him out. He crossed the line several times and his post about Ed Reed's brother proves what a tool he was.

mcg24
01-09-2011, 04:35 PM

I don't mean to sound like a total douche here, but the dude jumped into a river while evading the cops. He was obviously up to no good, and has absolutely no brains.

I feel for the family, as no family should ever have to go through something like that, but for Reed's actual brother, just an absolute selfish moron.

fortmemphis
01-09-2011, 04:35 PM

Dont understand ridiculous talk like this. They beat KC. K "freaking" C. He is acting like they beat NE or Atlanta or somebody. I guess he must be trying to convince himself that the win in KC is really meaningful compared to playing Pittsburgh. I give Balt their props. They are tough but beating a team that really hasnt ever played a playoff game is nothing like playing Pitt in Pitt. This is going to be an epic game. But he can forget the win today. All it did was allow them to advance. Otherwise, they better just keep quiet and not talk trash. We aint KC!!!!! and I will leave it at that

caseydog
01-09-2011, 04:37 PM
The NFL does NOT want Ben Rothlesberger in the Super Bowl. And, the desperately want Tom Brady in the Super Bowl. Bad boy, no way, pretty boy, oh yes.

The Referees work for the NFL. Nuff said.

harrison'samonster
01-09-2011, 04:38 PM
The Steelers Offense better show up. The Ravens corners aren't spectacular or semi-spectacular so it be a nice time for the rookies to step up and Wallace have a big game. One thing I do like to say is that in today's game Flacco did make a lot of mistakes where a few passes could've been intercepted.

Flacco seems to make a lot of mistakes that other teams aren't good enough to take advantage of.

I think we'll be fine on offense, the Ravens D is nowhere near what it use to be. The only time I can think of when we have problems with their D is when Ben holds onto the ball longer than he should.

SH-Rock
01-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Flacco seems to make a lot of mistakes that other teams aren't good enough to take advantage of.

I think we'll be fine on offense, the Ravens D is nowhere near what it use to be. The only time I can think of when we have problems with their D is when Ben holds onto the ball longer than he should.

You also forget the last game where the O-Line just blew up at times. Suggs was the biggest threat to Ben all day and we just couldn't stop him.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 04:42 PM
I don't mean to sound like a total douche here, but the dude jumped into a river while evading the cops. He was obviously up to no good, and has absolutely no brains.

I feel for the family, as no family should ever have to go through something like that, but for Reed's actual brother, just an absolute selfish moron.

It's not about his brother being an idiot...it's about what Reed and his family is most certainly going through right now. Just because his brother did something stupid doesn't mean his family isn't worried to death about him right now.

Trivializing a persons pain in that way simply because they are a famous (and therefore emotionless to us normal folks) says a lot about that person's character. It was a totally classless statement. I might have let it go with a warning if the guy hadn't been pushing it for a while now.

caseydog
01-09-2011, 04:42 PM
I knew that the Ratbirds would beat KC. No surprises today.

The Steelers and the Ratbirds are pretty evenly matched. It's going to take a 100-percent effort to win next week. Not 99-percent, 100-percent.

And, I just can't take the referees out of the equation. They have a grudge against Ben and the Steelers.

CD

realdeal
01-09-2011, 04:45 PM

I[/QUOTE]

This guy is a moron!! How old do you guys think he is? 12?

Ben has two rings, Joe has zero!! Joe is a good qb but he is no Big Ben!!

harrison'samonster
01-09-2011, 04:46 PM
You also forget the last game where the O-Line just blew up at times. Suggs was the biggest threat to Ben all day and we just couldn't stop him.

yeah that's true, we're definitely going to have to find an answer for Suggs, maybe some blocks by Ward!

StainlessStill
01-09-2011, 04:47 PM

Other than Carson Palmer and Tony Romo, Joe Flaccid is right up there as one of the most overrated in the league, by far. Gimmie Ben 100 times outta 100!

Fire Arians
01-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Other than Carson Palmer and Tony Romo, Joe Flaccid is right up there as one of the most overrated in the league, by far. Gimmie Ben 100 times outta 100!

this. with the talent they have at WR, rb, and TE, to put up the kinda #'s he has shows flacco sucks

pancake
01-09-2011, 04:56 PM

I

This guy is a moron!! How old do you guys think he is? 12?

Ben has two rings, Joe has zero!! Joe is a good qb but he is no Big Ben!![/QUOTE]

I would bet he is, he just makes statements that I would expect out of a child...

bobby jr
01-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Dude,

The Ravens did nothing to the Chiefs. The Chiefs SELF-DESTRUCTED for 4 quarters. Your boyz beat the Steelers by 3pts, playing without Ben and pretty much without Reed (missed 2 FGs). You think it's gonna happen again? Not a friggin' chance!

GO STEELERS!

If you think the Ravens domination of the Chiefs is insignificant, that is your point of view and you're entitled to it. But I believe it is quite significant. The Ravens seem to have straightened out their problems and have momentum and confidence going into Pittsburgh.

If the Jets beat NE and the Ravens outscore Pittsburgh the AFC championship game would be in Baltimore.

By the way people keep saying Ben missed the first game between Pittsburgh and Baltimore.Well Heap was injured for the Steelers win in Baltimore l. he was injured very early in the Steelers game in Baltimore. Didn't play after that. It wasn't from a hit he pulled up lame on the first play as I recall.
. But heap will be playing next week. Well Heap had a huge game today

theplatypus
01-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Yeah, but not for any of the right reasons (not that injuries are good or anything, but you know what I mean).

Wish him and his family the best. Tons of respect for him coming out and playing his heart out with that hanging over him right now. Can't be easy at all.

I don't truly wish injury upon anyone and certainly don't wish him to miss the game due to the death of a loved one. You never know he might still play, but for me family first.

theplatypus
01-09-2011, 05:09 PM

You are truly a classless piece of sh!t

theplatypus
01-09-2011, 05:18 PM
But seriously, you better hope that extra week of rest leads to a win because the ravens are coming into Heinz HOTT on saturday

That can of whoop ass you opened up on the bungles last week really lends credence to your argument.

cmdrfunk
01-09-2011, 05:24 PM
By the way people keep saying Ben missed the first game between Pittsburgh and Baltimore.Well Heap was injured for the Steelers win in Baltimore l. he was injured very early in the Steelers game in Baltimore. Didn't play after that. It wasn't from a hit he pulled up lame on the first play as I recall.
. But heap will be playing next week. Well Heap had a huge game today

Heath Miller.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Gotta love the originality of Ratbird trolls.

They're all just as nervous about this game as we are. Their false bravado doesn't fool me.

frunko1
01-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Lets all hope this happens again

"PITTSBURGH -- Halfway through the first quarter, the overwhelmed Baltimore Ravens probably thought they were playing today's Steelers and all of Pittsburgh's Super Bowl stars of the past.

Turns out they were.
The 'other' guy

Ben Roethlisberger tied the Steelers' single-game record with five touchdown passes in the first half and Pittsburgh put on a Steel Curtain-like defensive show forcing four turnovers before halftime in a 38-7 victory over Baltimore on Monday night.

The Ravens (4-4) had a chance to tie for the AFC North lead by beating the Steelers (6-2) for a fourth straight time dating to 2005.

In reality, they had no chance at all. Not with all the big names -- Mean Joe Greene, Jack Ham, Franco Harris, Terry Bradshaw -- who gathered to celebrate the Steelers' 75th season, whooping it up and pounding each others' backs with every big hit and turnover.

"It was a magical night to have those guys come and show their support," said Hines Ward, himself a member of the Steelers' all-time team that was honored at halftime. "You want to put on a show for those guys."

Did they.

The Steelers forced three fumbles in the first quarter, with James Harrison hitting All-Pro safety Ed Reed so hard on a punt return the ball flew nearly 15 feet before Pittsburgh recovered. Four plays later, Roethlisberger found Santonio Holmes for 15 yards on the first of their two opening-half touchdown pass plays and a 14-0 Steelers lead. Holmes had 110 yards on four receptions."

Maybe they should invite some of the all time greats back for this game?

TRH
01-09-2011, 05:53 PM
KC blew it. They were going good through the 1st and i thought they may really win it...then they completely fell apart, made a ton of stupid mistakes, and pretty much proved they were what i thought - a team that barely were "play-off" good and would get knocked off in the 1st round. Not a great win by the Ravens by any stretch...but a win nonetheless.

I'm really hoping that LeBeau doesn't play that terrible zone defense next week. KC played way too far off and Flacco ate their lunch all day long with short passes and they didn't even make a 2nd half adjustment. Sound familiar??
The exact same thing will happen to us if we don't make the adjustment and play stupid zone all day.
Flacco reminds me a lot of Brady....play back far and he'll kill you all day long with short slants and short sideline passes. Blitz and put heavy pressure and he doesn't play near as well.

frunko1
01-09-2011, 05:55 PM
KC blew it. They were going good through the 1st and i thought they may really win it...then they completely fell apart, made a ton of stupid mistakes, and pretty much proved they were what i thought - a team that barely were "play-off" good and would get knocked off in the 1st round. Not a great win by the Ravens by any stretch...but a win nonetheless.

I'm really hoping that LeBeau doesn't play that terrible zone defense next week. KC played way too far off and Flacco ate their lunch all day long with short passes and they didn't even make a 2nd half adjustment. Sound familiar??
The exact same thing will happen to us if we don't make the adjustment and play stupid zone all day.
Flacco reminds me a lot of Brady....play back far and he'll kill you all day long with short slants and short sideline passes. Blitz and put heavy pressure and he doesn't play near as well.

I think the chiefs where playing mostly man?

mikegrimey
01-09-2011, 06:51 PM

Actually Flacco has gotten pretty good against the blitz this year. Actually, the majority of his passing yards in our last contest with B-more were on plays we blitzed Baltimore pinned back against their own goal line. This isn't the rookie Flacco anymore, but I expect the Steelers to game plan well for them. They scored 17 and 10 points against us in our previous two contests, I've seen nothing from them since then to indicate they'll hang 30plus on us like the Patriots did.

MDSteel15
01-09-2011, 07:04 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1598688/undercover-brother-invite-o.gif

Bring it on.....I expect nothing less than a total war when our teams throwdown:helmet::helmet:

Love it

pete74
01-09-2011, 07:10 PM

i really hope your still logging in after 8pm next saturday so we can all tell you "i told you so". the ravens beat a team that only won against 2 winning teams and neither were in the playoffs. there a young team who have no clue what there doing. hell the raiders even completly destroyed them. the steelers will beat the ravens and probably wont break much of a sweat in the process

steelerchad
01-09-2011, 07:26 PM
This game has Steelers by 9 or 10 points written all over it. Hard fought, physical, yes. The Steelers will probably not put it away until midway through the 4th.

stb_steeler
01-09-2011, 08:23 PM

I bet he's on our board more than he is on his own. They prolly allready banned his ass there!

Fire Haley
01-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Steelers win in a rout, 52-0

Both Ed Reed and Ray Ray announce their retirement after this humiliation for the ages

bobby jr
01-09-2011, 08:35 PM
This game has Steelers by 9 or 10 points written all over it. Hard fought, physical, yes. The Steelers will probably not put it away until midway through the 4th.

I'm thinking you got the spread about right but the wrong team winning. I think the Ravens will play conservatively once they have the game in hand.

And they proved today they can win with field goals too, it was 16-7 with 3 Ravens FG's and I was feeling pretty comfortable. Just as long as they come away with some points in their red zone trips I see their talent bringing them to the AFC Championship game.

Suggs was just on TV stating the team owed Baltimore a Super Bowl. This team is determined and the Ed Reed with his brother situation has, if anything made the guys more determined. It was quite emotional after the game with Harbaugh giving Reed the game ball and the players yelling "Reed".

tony hipchest
01-09-2011, 08:37 PM
reed and ray lewis should both go jump in a frozen lake.

frunko1
01-09-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm thinking you got the spread about right but the wrong team winning. I think the Ravens will play conservatively once they have the game in hand.

And they proved today they can win with field goals too, it was 16-7 with 3 Ravens FG's and I was feeling pretty comfortable. Just as long as they come away with some points in their red zone trips I see their talent bringing them to the AFC Championship game.

Suggs was just on TV stating the team owed Baltimore a Super Bowl. This team is determined and the Ed Reed with his brother situation has, if anything made the guys more determined. It was quite emotional after the game with Harbaugh giving Reed the game ball and the players yelling "Reed".

So the ratbirds are going to put their playoff spirits on a criminal who tried injuring innocent people while running from the cops....

Sounds about right.

CaliStillersFan
01-09-2011, 08:43 PM
I always laugh at the fools that guarantee that their team is going to win in the playoffs. All I hope for each season is beating the Ravens twice and winning the division. I figure anything past that is a nice bonus. If I'm putting any money on the game next week, it will be on the under - that's usually a safe bet when these 2 play each other.

steelerchad
01-09-2011, 09:32 PM

Oh, it will be emotional I'm sure. I see a lot of tears being shed in the Ravens locker room next Saturday. Sure they owe the fans a Super Bowl. We've had 2 since the last Baltimore one. Just because it's owed, doesn't mean they're good enough to provide it.

pittguy578
01-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Everyone is reacting like a little schoolgirl here. The Chiefs got dominated by the Raiders. We dominated the Raiders. Everyone is making it seem like KC was some powerhouse. It wasn't. It was an ok team in a bad division. They squeaked into the playoffs. Steelers will be 100% healthy this weekend..even Troy. No way with Baltimore dominate us like they dominated KC. Ben has playoff experience. Cassel does not. Ben has won Super Bowls. Cassel has not. Relax.

bobby jr
01-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Oh, it will be emotional I'm sure. I see a lot of tears being shed in the Ravens locker room next Saturday. Sure they owe the fans a Super Bowl. We've had 2 since the last Baltimore one. Just because it's owed, doesn't mean they're good enough to provide it.

The Steelers had a relatively easy road to the Super Bowl last time, beating a .500 San Diego team and then beat a 9-7 Cards team.

Not so this year. I see no easy road for the Steelers.
They would have to beat the Ravens, then probably New England in New England, then a good NFC team like the Packers or Falcons. Let's face it the chances of that happening are extremely small.

The Ravens are playing better now and we have a realistic chance of beating NE in the AFC Title game. We handled them in the playoffs last year and can do so again. That's one reason I want the Ravens to win, makes for a more interesting and competitive AFC Title game.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 10:17 PM
The Steelers had a relatively easy road to the Super Bowl last time, beating a .500 San Diego team and then beat a 9-7 Cards team.

They would have to beat the Ravens, then probably New England in New England, then a good NFC team like the Packers or Falcons. Let's face it the chances of that happening are extremely small.

The Ravens are playing better now and we have a realistic chance of beating NE in the AFC Title game. We handled them in the playoffs last year and can do so again. That's one reason I want the Ravens to win, makes for a more interesting and competitive AFC Title game.

http://lastprice.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/broken_record.jpg

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2011, 10:26 PM

you seem to be forgetting something about 08 playoofs...
pittsburgh - 23
baltimore - 14

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 10:27 PM
pittsburgh - 23
baltimore - 14

Duh...don't you know? That's the only good team they had to play in the entire playoffs that year, so it doesn't count. :chuckle:

And what, are you Canadian now? Playoofs, eh. :sofunny:

Fire Arians
01-09-2011, 10:28 PM

yeah, an easy road, we had to beat your shitty team instead of the patriots

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Duh...don't you know? That's the only good team they had to play in the entire playoffs that year, so it doesn't count. :chuckle:

And what, are you Canadian now? Playoofs, eh. :sofunny:
you know its aboot time i put my foot up your arse.....:chuckle:

SteelersinCA
01-09-2011, 10:39 PM

pittsburgh - 23
baltimore - 14

And this season when we beat the Falcons without Ben.

Bobby, just promise you'll leave forever when we dispose of the Ratbirds, again, this Saturday.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 10:44 PM
you know its aboot time i put my foot up your arse.....:chuckle:

You gonna buy me a drink and a pack of smokes after? Ya hoser. :naughty:

StainlessStill
01-09-2011, 10:48 PM

I'm glad you keep proving how big of a fool you are without any help from any of us. Do you hear yourself sometimes? San Diego beat Peyton Manning and the Colts in the first round of the playoffs that year and San Diego was always a team with major offensive weapons.

I'm sure you probably wanted to wipe out all you mental capacity when the Steelers beat your shitty ass Ravens in the title game, but let me ensure you that it did actually indeed, happen. Then they beat the Cardinals, who beat every potential contender in the NFC playoffs, one that saw their top reciever, Larry Fitzgerald, break every receiving record in the playoffs.

And by the way, stop acting as it we "cruise" to Super Bowls. In 2005, we were the first 6th seeded team to win the Superbowl, going on the road to the FIRST THREE seeds in their house and beating them on our way to a Title.

What can you say about Baltimore since 2000? NOTHING.

I can't wait to see your excuse next Saturday, Booby is always a form of entertainment.:tt04:

GMU Steeler
01-09-2011, 10:51 PM
It's gonna be another classic. I can feel it already. I do feel confident in our team though.Is there any new news on Aaron Smith? Saw here earlier in the week that things weren't looking good? Hoping things changed between now and then.

Deserei90
01-09-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm glad you keep proving how big of a fool you are without any help from any of us. Do you hear yourself sometimes? San Diego beat Peyton Manning and the Colts in the first round of the playoffs that year and San Diego was always a team with major offensive weapons.

I'm sure you probably wanted to wipe out all you mental capacity when the Steelers beat your shitty ass Ravens in the title game, but let me ensure you that it did actually indeed, happen. Then they beat the Cardinals, who beat every potential contender in the NFC playoffs, one that saw their top reciever, Larry Fitzgerald, break every receiving record in the playoffs.

And by the way, stop acting as it we "cruise" to Super Bowls. In 2005, we were the first 6th seeded team to win the Superbowl, going on the road to the FIRST THREE seeds in their house and beating them on our way to a Title.

What can you say about Baltimore since 2000? NOTHING.

I can't wait to see your excuse next Saturday, Booby is always a form of entertainment.:tt04:Well Said:applaudit: Owned that fool!!

StainlessStill
01-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Baltimore Ravens–Pittsburgh Steelers
History
1st Meeting September 8, 1996
Last Meeting December 5, 2010
Next Meeting 2011
Number of Meetings 32
All-Time Series PIT: 20-12

PIT, 8-7 @ Baltimore
PIT, 12-5 @ Pittsburgh
Regular Season Series PIT: 18-12

PIT, 8-7 @ Baltimore
PIT, 10-5 @ Pittsburgh
Largest victory PIT: 37–0 (11/9/1997)
Current Streak PIT: Won 1
Longest BAL Win Streak 3 (2005–2006)
Longest PIT Win Streak 5 (1997–1999), (2001–2003)
Post Season Series PIT: 2-0
January 20, 2002 Steelers won 27–10
January 18, 2009 Steelers won 23–14
Championship Success
Super Bowl Championships (7)

* PIT (6) – 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, 2008
* BAL (1) – 2000

Conference Championships (8)

* PIT (7) – 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 1995, 2005, 2008
* BAL (1) – 2000

Divisional Championships (22)

* PIT (20) – 1972, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1983, 1984, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010
* BAL (2) – 2003, 2006

I want you to study this list of fact and history long and hard. Digest it and let me know when you want to regurgitate it back up knowing damn well Steelers Nation owns you!:chuckle:

Deserei90
01-09-2011, 11:08 PM
History
Next Meeting 2011
Number of Meetings 32

PIT, 8-7 @ Baltimore
PIT, 12-5 @ Pittsburgh

PIT, 8-7 @ Baltimore
PIT, 10-5 @ Pittsburgh
Championship Success

* BAL (1) – 2000

* BAL (1) – 2000

* PIT (20) – 1972, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1983, 1984, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010
* BAL (2) – 2003, 2006

I want you to study this list of fact and history long and hard. Digest it and let me know when you want to regurgitate it back up knowing damn well Steelers Nation owns you!:chuckle:That's a huge homework assignment. lol

pitt0wns
01-10-2011, 12:10 AM
I think the chiefs where playing mostly man?

I seen their inside line backer get owned in zone corerage a bunch of times.

pitt0wns
01-10-2011, 12:15 AM

Chiefs shouldn't of even represented the AFC West. Oakland and SD are much better than the Chiefs.

Giving Baltimore praise for beating down the Chiefs is a joke.

Brady and Ben have the best playoff records in the AFC.

Any Given Sunday we'll see what happens. PIT and BAL know each other in and out and comes down to playing football and which side executes better.

LVSteelersfan
01-10-2011, 12:19 AM
I saw Ray Lewis get knocked on his arse several times today. Can't wait to see Pouncey get to the second level and knock Ray Lewis on the ground while Mendenhall cruises past him. And no way he can stay with Wallace on a quick slant. He will get smoked. Booby, please come back next week win or lose please. I suspect we won't hear anything unless you come back to tell us how we will get smoked by New England or New Jersey the following week.

pitt0wns
01-10-2011, 03:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip-7aJxsV4U&feature=related

next saturday night!

ha ha ha ha

SacknificentStew56
01-10-2011, 06:28 AM
I couldn't help but smiling from ear to ear when they showed the Ratbirds coming to visit us on Saturday. I have three friends who are Ratbird fans and i'm sure they are already cookin' up excuses about what they think old Ray Chew and his Crew are gonna do to us. Man, i'm fired up!!

Rick5895
01-10-2011, 07:53 AM
Early on in this thread I said 20-10 for Steelers, that is not to imply an easy victory. On the contrary this will be a "bloodbath" one in which we will win, I see us up 13-10 late in the game and Flacco throwing another pick 6.

theplatypus
01-10-2011, 08:32 AM
I believe we'll win, but it's not going to be easy.

stlrtruck
01-10-2011, 08:38 AM
I'm nervous and anxious about this game. It'll be a hard fought battle but one we can win. I believe the Steelers can win this. The one area that concerns me - Special Teams.

TRH
01-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Chiefs shouldn't of even represented the AFC West. Oakland and SD are much better than the Chiefs.

Giving Baltimore praise for beating down the Chiefs is a joke.

Brady and Ben have the best playoff records in the AFC.

Any Given Sunday we'll see what happens. PIT and BAL know each other in and out and comes down to playing football and which side executes better.

i agree, it would have been a better matchup to watch SD in there. KC after the 1st quarter and a half was embarrassing to watch...make mistake after dumb mistake when they could have had a chance. Hard to be really excited if you're the Ravens winning that one, other than it being a W.

stlrtruck
01-10-2011, 10:06 AM
i agree, it would have been a better matchup to watch SD in there. KC after the 1st quarter and a half was embarrassing to watch...make mistake after dumb mistake when they could have had a chance. Hard to be really excited if you're the Ravens winning that one, other than it being a W.

If that was the Steelers defense creating that chaos we'd all be shouting and dancing about today. If I were, and I'm thankful I'm not, a ravens fan I'd be stoked about that victory. The defense did what they were suppose to do - give the offense a short field, and put on the pressure - :shout: AND IT'S EXACTLY WHAT OUR DEFENSE NEEDS TO DO THIS COMING SATURDAY!

StainlessStill
01-10-2011, 10:22 AM
I really do think that the Ravens beating the Chiefs was a bad omen for them. The Chiefs did NOTHING for Baltimore to be prepared for a game against us. It's a playoff matchup, anything goes and with Cassel only throwing it to his receivers and targeting them only like, 2 times is something of failed epic proportions.

Ben isn't Matt Cassel and we aren't the Chiefs, son!:tt04:

TRH
01-10-2011, 11:11 AM
If that was the Steelers defense creating that chaos we'd all be shouting and dancing about today. If I were, and I'm thankful I'm not, a ravens fan I'd be stoked about that victory. The defense did what they were suppose to do - give the offense a short field, and put on the pressure - :shout: AND IT'S EXACTLY WHAT OUR DEFENSE NEEDS TO DO THIS COMING SATURDAY!

i didn't mean they shouldn't be happy with the win. I meant more that it wasn't like beating the Jets, Steelers, Packers, etc. It was a win to be happy with for sure....but certainly not an unbelievable one that should put their confidence up and over.

stlrtruck
01-10-2011, 04:31 PM
i didn't mean they shouldn't be happy with the win. I meant more that it wasn't like beating the Jets, Steelers, Packers, etc. It was a win to be happy with for sure....but certainly not an unbelievable one that should put their confidence up and over.

My bad, I misunderstood what you posted. :tt03:

SteelyDon
01-11-2011, 06:52 AM
A Pittsburgh win aganst the Ravens would be just as wonderful as Palin getting reelected as President in 2016. I can't even possibly comprehend two better blessings than that. Go P's - Pittsburgh and Palin!!!!!!

StainlessStill
01-11-2011, 10:31 AM
A Pittsburgh win aganst the Ravens would be just as wonderful as Palin getting reelected as President in 2016. I can't even possibly comprehend two better blessings than that. Go P's - Pittsburgh and Palin!!!!!!

http://icons.iconator.com/721/ICONATOR_14f6ed41354e4dc2222bfccad3dfeb07.gif (BTW: When was Sarah Palin ever president?)

http://icons.iconator.com/721/ICONATOR_14f6ed41354e4dc2222bfccad3dfeb07.gif

plenewken
01-11-2011, 10:51 AM
http://icons.iconator.com/721/ICONATOR_14f6ed41354e4dc2222bfccad3dfeb07.gif (BTW: When was Sarah Palin ever president?)

http://icons.iconator.com/721/ICONATOR_14f6ed41354e4dc2222bfccad3dfeb07.gif

I think he meant elected in 2012 and re-elected in 2016. Suuuure!

StainlessStill
01-11-2011, 11:58 AM
I think he meant elected in 2012 and re-elected in 2016. Suuuure!

Re-reading it, you're right. I skipped over the 2016 part because of the whole thing was so much of a fail lmao.

ErikInBelAirMD
01-11-2011, 01:19 PM
History
Next Meeting 2011
Number of Meetings 32

PIT, 8-7 @ Baltimore
PIT, 12-5 @ Pittsburgh

PIT, 8-7 @ Baltimore
PIT, 10-5 @ Pittsburgh
Championship Success

* BAL (1) – 2000

* BAL (1) – 2000

* BAL (2) – 2003, 2006

I want you to study this list of fact and history long and hard. Digest it and let me know when you want to regurgitate it back up knowing damn well Steelers Nation owns you!:chuckle:

I chewed on your distortional statistics..... How about you get the idea since you Pittsburgh fans seem to ignore history with all your "Lombardi" talk and your "Big Ben owns Baltimore" talk.

The fact is you are all full of it. I think everyone can agree that the measurement, as you all always state, should be championships.

However, whenever you mention your "6 Lombardi's", you neglect to mention the fact that you (Pittsburgh) have achieved 6, YES, 6 total championships in 76 total football
years (1933-2009) OR 1 Championship every 12.6 years.

Just for the heck of it, let's compare this to Baltimore which had football teams from 1950 to 1983 (COLTS) AND from 1996 to 2009 (RAVENS) OR 47 total football years. Baltimore has 4 undesputed championships (1958, 1959, 1970, and 2000) OR 1 Championship every 11.8 years.

So do me a favor, take the word "Lombardi" and shove it. Your illogical ignorance and sweeping of pre-Super Bowl history under the rug, is a distortion of the truth. That truth is how statistically, based on 1st grade math, Baltimore football (1 Championship every 11.8 years) IS more successful than Pittsburgh football
(1 Championship every 12.6 years)

Do not give me the lame argument that the Baltimore Ravens are the Cleveland Browns. The only player on the Ravens during our championship season that was in a browns uniform was Matt Stover, the kicker. They (Modell & Co) left the colors, name, and history where it belonged.

Lastly, Ben doesn't own shit. The Quarterbacks do not win these games 90% of the time. This is about D and the D wins or loses these games so stop pretending like this is a battle between Flacco and Rothlesburger as it never is and to act like it is, is pure nonsense.

Digest that? Troll? .... You FAIL

BALTIMORE > Pittsburgh .... It's about the city, not the team logo.... you and your city have been owned. Own up to it at least.

SteelCityMom
01-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Shut up troll...nobody cares what you think.

You posted the same exact thing a month ago, and nobody gave a shit then either.

Your purple Browns can suck it.

Also, that is just a copy and paste from Wikipedia, so take the history up with them. Moron. You serve no purpose here, so go back to your Rats board and suck there.

TRH
01-11-2011, 02:54 PM
sounds like a loser Browns fan that says "well, yeah, we won stuff in the 40's and 50's, blah, blah, blah.." I like how these losers come out with stats from the dark ages when people barely even wore helmets....it really doesn't even apply any more.
Baltimore greater than Pittsburgh? At anything? You've really GOT to be kidding me.
Plus...i love it when i have to go to Pittsburgh...the city's really interesting, the city's clean, the downtown's gorgeous...
When i need to go to Baltimore, it sucks. I hate going to that dirty town.

Loser troll, get lost.