PDA

View Full Version : Who else is not impressed with the Ravens?

Fire Arians
01-09-2011, 03:45 PM
The chiefs did exactly what I thought they'd do, get blown out. I just think the ravens should have pulled away much sooner than the 4th quarter.

Looking at the ravens on both sides of the ball, they don't look too impressive, we can kill these guys

jizzballz
01-09-2011, 03:54 PM
cassel sucks, if they had a quarterback that could help charles and jones run the football, they would of won.

tony hipchest
01-09-2011, 04:04 PM
im impressed. they destroyed their 1st round opponent. :hunch:

they played us tough 2 games this season, and 3 tough games the last year we met in the playoffs. they played 2 tough games vs us last season as well.

theplatypus
01-09-2011, 04:05 PM
huh?

They've got a very good d,TE, 2 wr, rb, and a QB that can make plays. That actually sounds kind of familiar.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 04:08 PM
im impressed. they destroyed their 1st round opponent. :hunch:

they played us tough 2 games this season, and 3 tough games the last year we met in the playoffs. they played 2 tough games vs us last season as well.

Agreed. This is going to the same as it ever was between the two teams. I'm always happy when the Steelers beat the Ravens, and yes...they do it often...but I'm never confident about the games. They can almost always go either way.

And conversely, any Ravens fan shouldn't feel overly confident for the same reasons.

Gonna be a nail biter as usual.

jizzballz
01-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Agreed. This is going to the same as it ever was between the two teams. I'm always happy when the Steelers beat the Ravens, and yes...they do it often...but I'm never confident about the games. They can almost always go either way.

And conversely, any Ravens fan shouldn't feel overly confident for the same reasons.

Gonna be a nail biter as usual.

if sweed played properly it wouldn't of been a nail-biter then.

Fire Arians
01-09-2011, 04:11 PM
iuno i feel our team is on a different level when they're healthy. the ravens looked very beatable even in their big win today. chiefs more lost it than the ravens won it imo.

the steelers went into the playoffs with crazy momentum on their side. i have a good feeling about this postseason and don't think baltimore is good enough to beat us unless they knock ben out of the game in the 1st quarter or something

Atlanta Dan
01-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Two evenly matched teams which usually play close games - give the Steelers the home field and bye-week advantage so I wager the opening line has Steelers as 4 point favorites

But if this is a blowout it will not be by the Ravens - Steelers were up 13-0 in the AFC championship and let up

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 04:19 PM
if sweed played properly it wouldn't of been a nail-biter then.

Well, yeah...but it's Sweeeeeeeeeeed! :sofunny:

jizzballz
01-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Well, yeah...but it's Sweeeeeeeeeeed! :sofunny:

now we have wallace who can catch, and sanders and browns who can catch as well... if ben plays well, we win.

the chiefs spunked it all away, they just flopped in the second half.

SEATTLE looked better than baltimore lmao

tony hipchest
01-09-2011, 04:28 PM
now we have wallace who can catch, and sanders and browns who can catch as well... if ben plays well, we win.

the chiefs spunked it all away, they just flopped in the second half.

SEATTLE looked better than baltimore lmaoim sure you dont mind me asking, but what is it with you and jizz and balls and spunk? :monkey: :jerkit:

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 04:33 PM
im sure you dont mind me asking, but what is it with you and jizz and balls and spunk? :monkey: :jerkit:

:rofl:

TRH
01-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Eh....not just saying this because they're a hated rival, but i'm not overly impressed. KC played pathetically after the 1st quarter and a half and they played the foolish zone defense all game...thus allowing Flacco to complete short pass...after short pass...after short pass and move them right down the field.
I definitely think they're competitive with us, don't get me wrong. Just not impressed like i am with NE or Green Bay.

Atlanta Dan
01-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Ravens were impressive in the second half today against a callow team that self-destructed but so what?

The Steelers should be able to win a home game against a team which has not beaten them since 2006 when Roethlisberger starts

cubanstogie
01-09-2011, 08:23 PM
I think Flacco played well. I was irritated with all the check down passes to RB's but you take what they give you and he did that well. Heap was open on every play. The one thing I kept saying to myself was the Steelers LB's won't consistently get beat like that by Flacco and the check downs though. He will have to throw down field more because they will take that away. Its almost a coin flip on who wins, and its usually by a FG. We are evenly matched but we have a slightly better D, and a better QB. No special teams TD's and no turnovers and I love our chances.

Stanley
01-09-2011, 09:03 PM
I wasn't impressed.
KC fell apart in the second half.
The Steelers will beat the Ravens by 14 or 17 points.
:thumbsup:

Rinkleroot
01-13-2011, 08:13 PM
I think the Steelers D is going to shut down the Ravens O and that will be all they need to win the game,

Steelers 31 Ravens 17

btaylor179
01-13-2011, 09:12 PM
31? wow that would be something!!!!!

Fire Arians
01-15-2011, 08:55 PM
I'll take back what I said, the ravens are tough and I was stupid to think otherwise. This game basically came down to a play or 2 that made the difference.

SteelCityMom
01-15-2011, 08:58 PM
I think the Steelers D is going to shut down the Ravens O and that will be all they need to win the game,

Steelers 31 Ravens 17

Pretty close!