PDA

View Full Version : going to next weeks game - have questions....

NoFieldFive
01-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Going to my first game at Heniz Field....flying in from Seattle to Baltimore and picking up my parents and driving to Pitts from there.

for those of you familiar with the stadium we are in section 509 row Q - are we going to be able to see the game and/or big tv from this section? should we bring oxygen/binoculars?

any recommendations on where to catch the first half of the first game and have lunch?

is there any mass transportation to ride into the stadium and park 30 minutes or so away?

thanks for any advice!

bigchuck
01-09-2011, 03:05 PM
yes binocs are a good idea, bring kleenex for your nose blled. bettis grille is pretty good, obv primantis is the best spot to eat. you can park in the south hills and ride the T into dahntahn and walk over to the stadium thats your best bet, as parking and traffic suck around the stadium

StainlessStill
01-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Going to my first game at Heniz Field....flying in from Seattle to Baltimore and picking up my parents and driving to Pitts from there.

for those of you familiar with the stadium we are in section 509 row Q - are we going to be able to see the game and/or big tv from this section? should we bring oxygen/binoculars?

any recommendations on where to catch the first half of the first game and have lunch?

is there any mass transportation to ride into the stadium and park 30 minutes or so away?

thanks for any advice!

Haha, you're going to be surprised. I've been to countless upon COUNTLESS number of games and let me tell you, I put in my request for the section you are sitting in! The 500 sections are the best, hands down, period, end of story. The real fans reside there, it gets crazy and the view is perfect. You see the whole field and you don't have to worry about binocs but if you take them, it'll be a nice touch. Trust me, there isn't one bad seat in the stadium and you'll have a BLAST with those fans, I guarantee it!

NoFieldFive
01-09-2011, 03:35 PM
thanks for the info.....went thru stub hub and tried to get as close to center as possible.

1/2 my family is Ravens fans and 1/2 Steelers...glad this is the match up I am seeing!

StainlessStill
01-09-2011, 03:49 PM
thanks for the info.....went thru stub hub and tried to get as close to center as possible.

1/2 my family is Ravens fans and 1/2 Steelers...glad this is the match up I am seeing!

Good for you, man. Have a great time and bring home a Steelers victory! HERE WE GO!

joeyssteelcurtain
01-09-2011, 04:35 PM
have fun

steelerchad
01-09-2011, 05:01 PM
This is where my season tickets are. Section 509, I'm just 4 rows in front of you in row M. These are great seats, and no you don't need binoculars. My seats are 7 rows from the rail. Your's are 11 rows up from the concourse. Only about a 3rd of the way up. You should have a 25 yard line view depending on which seat #'s you have. Seat #1 is on the aisle closest to the 50. There are about 25 seats in the row. You will not be under the over hang if there is precipitation. The over hang is a few rows higher.

These seats are great for the view. You can see plays open up great. You can really see a receiver break open before the QB throws it to him. Good view of the scoreboard. The other sideline has a better view of the city, but who cares.

I always park at the 6th St. garage. $5 and it's just across the bridge from PNC park. 15-20 minute brisk walk and you're there. If you get thirsty, you walk right by lots of bars. I'd recommend going early and break up your walk with a stop for a drink.

NoFieldFive
01-09-2011, 05:26 PM
great info...thank you. looks like we'll be stting right behind you...our seats are the same from the isle as yours

billym99
01-09-2011, 05:40 PM
I've only ever sat in the 500 level for the games i've been too, never been disappointed. The hghest I've sat is row L in section 531 (if I remember right), probably along the 10 yard line, closed end. Great view, these were actually the seats I sat in for the 2008 Afc Championship.

Enjoy the game, your first game at Heinz will be a great memory, especially when Steelers come away with a victory over the Ratbirds.

Please make sure you are in your seats near the end of the 3rd, beginning of 4th when Renegade gets played, you'll be grinning from ear to ear. This has always been the time they have played it when I have been at games, stadium will be going crazy...:tt03:

NoFieldFive
01-09-2011, 06:38 PM
one more question....can you bring food into the stadium?

steelerchad
01-09-2011, 06:47 PM
I've only ever sat in the 500 level for the games i've been too, never been disappointed. The hghest I've sat is row L in section 531 (if I remember right), probably along the 10 yard line, closed end. Great view, these were actually the seats I sat in for the 2008 Afc Championship.

Enjoy the game, your first game at Heinz will be a great memory, especially when Steelers come away with a victory over the Ratbirds.

Please make sure you are in your seats near the end of the 3rd, beginning of 4th when Renegade gets played, you'll be grinning from ear to ear. This has always been the time they have played it when I have been at games, stadium will be going crazy...:tt03:

531, row O is where I sat for the 2008 AFC championship game. I didn't get my PSL's until 2009. There was an idiot Ravens fan about 6 rows in front of me, so he was probably just a few rows in front of you. They were getting their butt kicked and he decided to taunt the crowd when they finally got their 1st first down.

billym99
01-09-2011, 07:01 PM
531, row O is where I sat for the 2008 AFC championship game. I didn't get my PSL's until 2009. There was an idiot Ravens fan about 6 rows in front of me, so he was probably just a few rows in front of you. They were getting their butt kicked and he decided to taunt the crowd when they finally got their 1st first down.

I think I remember that... when Troy picked Flacco at the end I think I screamed "Wacco 4 Flacco" at him for about two straight minutes. I live in Baltimore so I see those stupid a*s signs "Wacco4Flacco" all the time.

Sorry to hijack a little bit... I DON"T think you can bring in food, although the guys that check bags have never been very thorough.

steelerchad
01-09-2011, 07:14 PM
one more question....can you bring food into the stadium?

NO. I don't believe you can.
I mean, with all the clothes, something small like a candy bar in your pocket is ok.
But if you want to bring in a picnic and set up a tailgate that's not going to fly.

steelerchad
01-09-2011, 07:15 PM
I think I remember that... when Troy picked Flacco at the end I think I screamed "Wacco 4 Flacco" at him for about two straight minutes. I live in Baltimore so I see those stupid a*s signs "Wacco4Flacco" all the time.

Sorry to hijack a little bit... I DON"T think you can bring in food, although the guys that check bags have never been very thorough.

Might be the wrong guy. Because he and I had a few words exchanged early in the game. When Troy made the pick I looked down for him and he was gone.

fer522
01-09-2011, 07:37 PM
man i hate you:chuckle:

SacknificentStew56
01-10-2011, 05:48 AM
I can't wait until i'm back stateside to go to my first game at Heinz field. What a way to see a game in the Burgh for the first time...........in the playoffs against the Ratbirds. CONGRATS and have FUN!!

btaylor179
01-10-2011, 05:52 AM
there is no first game on saturday......steelers ravens is the first game.

Rick5895
01-10-2011, 06:36 AM

thanks for any advice!

I come from Canada to at least 1 or 2 games a year. Depending on the hotel you stay at you can take a shuttle to the game, this eliminates the need to park and for those not from the Burgh, driving can be a little "exciting" LOL.
Have fun, the 500 level are always good seats and as has been said here, there is not a bad seat in the stadium.

Pentheon
01-10-2011, 07:10 AM
Lucky guy...im STILL trying to get tickets at a decent price.

you'll love it, I havent sat in a bad seat yet. I don't think there is a bad seat at the stadium in my opinion.

StainlessStill
01-10-2011, 07:32 AM
This is where my season tickets are. Section 509, I'm just 4 rows in front of you in row M. These are great seats, and no you don't need binoculars. My seats are 7 rows from the rail. Your's are 11 rows up from the concourse. Only about a 3rd of the way up. You should have a 25 yard line view depending on which seat #'s you have. Seat #1 is on the aisle closest to the 50. There are about 25 seats in the row. You will not be under the over hang if there is precipitation. The over hang is a few rows higher.

These seats are great for the view. You can see plays open up great. You can really see a receiver break open before the QB throws it to him. Good view of the scoreboard. The other sideline has a better view of the city, but who cares.

I always park at the 6th St. garage. $5 and it's just across the bridge from PNC park. 15-20 minute brisk walk and you're there. If you get thirsty, you walk right by lots of bars. I'd recommend going early and break up your walk with a stop for a drink.

I'll be 504, lets get together (if I'm not too wasted)!!!!

TailgateMel
01-10-2011, 08:43 AM
You can take some food into heinz field, I know the guy in front of me has chips a lot of times, and my brother says a lady in his section always brings twizzlers for good luck... I will see if I can find out what the specific rules are.

billym99
01-10-2011, 09:45 AM
If anybody is near 508 hit me up, will be in Row B, seats 1-2. Bit the bullet and overpaid for some tix, but it's the Ravens, my wife will understand:tt03:`

StainlessStill
01-10-2011, 09:55 AM
If anybody is near 508 hit me up, will be in Row B, seats 1-2. Bit the bullet and overpaid for some tix, but it's the Ravens, my wife will understand:tt03:`

I'll be 504, I may have to climb some rows to high five your ass once we score about 6 TD'S! Same here, I paid about 2 a pop. Me and my buddy are heading up.

NoFieldFive
01-10-2011, 11:05 AM
509 q #5

Pentheon
01-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Think I finally found some tickets...goin to meet up for section 101 row B $300 for the pair.

I never sat in that section, any good? 2 rows off the field, Im happy with the price

billym99
01-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Think I finally found some tickets...goin to meet up for section 101 row B $300 for the pair.

I never sat in that section, any good? 2 rows off the field, Im happy with the price

Never sat there, corner of the end zone i believe. That is a silly price for this game, $150 a piece. I'd take 'em in a heart beat.

billym99
01-10-2011, 02:20 PM

Wear a jersey of a WR or Mendy... maybe you'll get a game ball if they score since you'll be that close to the field. Ward seems to give up a lot of his TD footballs to people in a #86 jersey.

steelerchad
01-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Wear a jersey of a WR or Mendy... maybe you'll get a game ball if they score since you'll be that close to the field. Ward seems to give up a lot of his TD footballs to people in a #86 jersey.

Ward is the one you want to wear. If he scores in that corner, you'd have a real shot at that game ball. If you have a pretty girl with you and she's wearing #86 your chances go up even more.

I'd take those seats in a heartbeat for $150/ticket, but honestly I think you'll be a little disappointed with the view of the game. When I have sat down low in the closed endzone I find myself watching most of the action on the screen becasue you can see better. That will not be a good option for you since the screen will be over your left shoulder. You will really get a good feel for the action that close though. You will not get a good look at any plays running away from your endzone once they get past the 30 yard line though.

Pentheon
01-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Ward is the one you want to wear. If he scores in that corner, you'd have a real shot at that game ball. If you have a pretty girl with you and she's wearing #86 your chances go up even more.

I'd take those seats in a heartbeat for $150/ticket, but honestly I think you'll be a little disappointed with the view of the game. When I have sat down low in the closed endzone I find myself watching most of the action on the screen becasue you can see better. That will not be a good option for you since the screen will be over your left shoulder. You will really get a good feel for the action that close though. You will not get a good look at any plays running away from your endzone once they get past the 30 yard line though.

Thats the one I was gonna wear but BOTH of my Ward jerseys got stains on them some how, so I'll probably wear my Wallace jersey.

btaylor179
01-10-2011, 04:36 PM
wear your randle el jersey!!!!!!

TailgateMel
01-10-2011, 09:22 PM
I talked to my sister in law.. she has taken sammiches, chips, candy, in before.. they don't give you a hard time as long as you aren't bringing liquid and the food is not opened.

NoFieldFive
01-13-2011, 01:23 AM
Next stop Balmore and then on to Steeler country. See everyone at the game!

stlrslee
01-13-2011, 02:36 AM
Have a great time. The 500's are great seats. The fans up there get rowdy. My seats are 505 and I love them. The g/f is 8.5 months preggo so I'm missing this one - grrrrrrrrrr. Fill us in on your gameday experience when you get back. Enjoy.