PDA

View Full Version : Packers/Eagles

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Definitely looking for the Packers to win this one. I think this will end up being a pretty good game...hopefully they can get to Vick early and often.

MattsMe
01-09-2011, 04:45 PM
As much as I'd like to see an all Pennsylvania Super Bowl, I think Vick is scum.

So go Pack!

Fire Arians
01-09-2011, 05:02 PM
desean jackson hurt, doesn't look good. without him i think the pack takes it.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Pack up 7-0 right now.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Kuhn just fumbled the football...somewhere in a small corner of the world, a child cries.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Rodgers just threw another TD...14-0 now.

I figured the Eagles would put up a little bit more of a fight tonight. So far, no evidence of that.

MattsMe
01-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Poor Vick. For bandwagon fans and fantasy football players, this must be tough to watch.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Jackson is back in now...and no sooner did I make that post that Vick gets them down to the 30.

Hold 'em Pack!

TRH
01-09-2011, 06:02 PM
GB is tough. I wouldn't be surprised to see them SB bound this year.

btaylor179
01-09-2011, 06:13 PM
steelers and green bay,my prediction at beginning of year

tony hipchest
01-09-2011, 06:40 PM
steelers and green bay,my prediction at beginning of year

that was my thinking as well.

can you imagine a replay of last seasons game in the SB amongst 2 of the most storied franchises in history?

brett favre.

:tt04:

lionslicer
01-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Akers is kicking like Reed....

Raw Steel
01-09-2011, 07:19 PM
How about Andy Reid wasting a TO to make that decision? He is an awful game coach.

lionslicer
01-09-2011, 07:22 PM
How about Andy Reid wasting a TO to make that decision? He is an awful game coach.

Not really... Packers obviously had momentum, Eagles line needed a couple minute to atleast catch its breath, Packers are just man handling them. And the clock was running, they'd be hurrring to much ,wouldn't end well.

How about that 2 point conversion and Celic just stepped out? Sucks.

Atleast they can re-do it. Officialls actually getting together and talking about a rule? thats rare

MattsMe
01-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Vick shows once again why he'll never be an elite quarterback.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Congrats to the Packers and Rodgers on his first playoff win.

I'd love nothing more than to see them in the Bowl that is Super.

cubanstogie
01-09-2011, 08:27 PM

I thought Vick looked really good, obviously the last pass was disappointing but it was single coverage and it looked like the DB wanted it more. I didn't like the effort from the receiver on that play. I may be a little biased because I actually wanted Vick to succeed.

ZoneBlitzer
01-09-2011, 08:36 PM

I agree. Earlier in the year, I was quite wowed by his performance. But lately, he's shown that he's incredibly vulnerable and can get put off his game rather easily. If I'm the Eagles, I trade him and go with Kolb. Vick will be a footnote when it is all said and done.

lionslicer
01-09-2011, 09:53 PM
I thought Vick looked really good, obviously the last pass was disappointing but it was single coverage and it looked like the DB wanted it more. I didn't like the effort from the receiver on that play. I may be a little biased because I actually wanted Vick to succeed.

Agreed, that wasn't a bad decision to make that throw, 9 out of 10 times his reciever will make that play... But the reciever didn't look like he put much effort into the play, and I'm not really biased, I like Rogers as much as Vick.

Vick doesn't have an offensive line, and he isn't as fast as he used to be. In Atlanta his offensive line was terrible, but he was fast enough to run around, now he can't escape as much, especially when Dom Capers attacks the outside and keeps him contained.

He's a good starting quarterback, but I don't really like the whole "this proves he isn't elite" If we said that about Ben everytime he threw an interception near the end of the game, it wouldn't look too good for him. Same with Manning and Brady, they have thrown interceptions in the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter to lose games in the playoffs.

TRH
01-10-2011, 08:55 AM
damn. I really would have like to see the Eagles win and would love to eventually see the turnpike SB. Goodell would hate that. You know he's happy right now.
No one to blame but theirselves, they had numerous opportunities to put the game away and couldn't. The better team won the game.

Another thing. After watching Vick's post-game interview a couple times, he needs to also learn its not "all about him". He said "i got greedy....but i went down swinging".
You went down swinging?? You? You just helped seal your teams loss in the 4th largest metro area in the U.S. Think about all those disappointed fans. Its about the whole team and thousands and thousands of local fans. Its not your job to "go down swinging".