PDA

View Full Version : raiders thinking of trading up to #2

tony hipchest
04-19-2006, 05:08 PM
according to their "front office" i heard this on "around the horn" and sirius. kinda seems like a stupid move to me. unless theyre really starting to want leinart. looks like leinart's new agent has been on the phone with alot of teams and is really stirring the pot.

people dont just fire lee steinberg (although t. condon aint no joke and seems to be delivering more action for his client). steinbergs the one who did bens deal and didnt lock him into any rookie endorsement deals, knowing ben had a great shot to win the sb and command a much higher price afterwards.

Suitanim
04-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Leinert? Al Davis covets Vince Young, and is afraid the Titans are going to take him at #3.

If they move up, Davis will take Young. Bank it.

(Remember, this is a team that drafted a kicker who was on the verge of being deported in the first round...compared to that, this pick is zero risk).

PS I will enjoy seeing "the Rock" commit internet hari kari if this happens.

MasterOfPuppets
04-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Despite reports to the contrary, the Oakland Raiders are not considering trading up from the seventh spot in the first round for any of the three quarterbacks. Now that they have ex-New Orleans quarterback Aaron Brooks and with second-year quarterback Andrew Walter throwing a better ball than Brooks in the club's first mini-camp, there is no desperate need for a quarterback.

If one falls to them, yes, they may take Vince Young, but otherwise they are focused on players like Texas safety Michael Huff while wondering if San Francisco is really going to select Maryland tight end Vernon Davis.

http://blogs.foxsports.com/NFL_Czar

Suitanim
04-19-2006, 05:24 PM
This is all well and good, but ignores the one variable that trumps any logical or rationale views on the situation; namely, Al Davis is a crazy man.

MasterOfPuppets
04-19-2006, 05:28 PM
This is all well and good, but ignores the one variable that trumps any logical or rationale views on the situation; namely, Al Davis is a crazy man.
lol....good point!!:dang:

tony hipchest
04-19-2006, 05:31 PM

noone really understands why they would be thinking of moving to #2 with a good chance to get young at 7. i know leinart will probably be firing his 2nd agent if young goes ahead of him. he woulda been a 2nd year starter in sanfransisco with the richest rookie contract to date and he gave it up for bush to take his heisman and young to take his national championship.

in the words of nelson munson: HA HA!

Suitanim
04-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Word is that Leinert fired Steinburg and hired Tom Condon (Creative Artists Agency, who handle Tom Cruise, Steven Spielberg, and Bon Jovi among others) because he's considering some kind of wacky part-time Hollywood career.

If THAT doesn't scare the shit out of the GM's looking at this kid, I'm not sure what would.

tony hipchest
04-19-2006, 05:49 PM
Word is that Leinert fired Steinburg and hired Tom Condon (Creative Artists Agency, who handle Tom Cruise, Steven Spielberg, and Bon Jovi among others) because he's considering some kind of wacky part-time Hollywood career.

If THAT doesn't scare the shit out of the GM's looking at this kid, I'm not sure what would.

no sh..! i didnt know c.a.a. handles those hollywoodites. steinburg is a hall of an agent and he does what he feels best to help manage his clients carrer. m. whienart must be having no part of that. i think his ego has been severely damaged after this past year.

Suitanim
04-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This is from about 6 months ago, but it's pretty clear that CAA is about movies first...

http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2005/1017/biz/stories/03biz.htm

Tha rock
04-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Raiders | Not likely to trade up; may choose a quarterback if available
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:36:40 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports it appears the Oakland Raiders will not trade up in the NFL Draft to select USC QB Matt Leinart or Texas QB Vince Young. However, it will be hard for them to pass on either one if they fall to the Raiders at No. 7. It's not known how the Raiders feel about Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler.

were not moving up and huff is the guy, stupid people say were moving up evry draft and it doesnt happen. we may still get matt if he slides but not young.

1. Matt
2. daniel bullock SS
3. Jon alsoton OLB
4. DT

tony hipchest
04-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Raiders |

were not moving up and huff is the guy, stupid people say were moving up evry draft and it doesnt happen. we may still get matt if he slides but not young.

1. youre info is from tuesday- things change
2. the "stupid people" are in your teams f.o.
3. matt doesnt "slide" to #7.

Tha rock
04-19-2006, 07:52 PM
1. youre info is from tuesday- things change
2. the "stupid people" are in your teams f.o.
3. matt doesnt "slide" to #7.

i can car less if he slides he may or may not second of all our FO never said the its called speculation never once did they say that.

silver & black
04-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Unfortunately, I fear you are right. Al can't resist a great athlete. Vince Young is a great athlete. If he is available, The Raiders will no doubt draft him... unfortunately.

Tha rock
04-19-2006, 11:06 PM
were all wrong he wants reggie bush!!!!

TEXANS GETTING SOME TRADE INQUIRIES

We'd previously heard that Tom Condon's primary selling point in attracting USC quarterback Matt Leinart was Condon's plan to get either the Titans or the Jets to strike a trade up in the draft with the Texans for the No. 1 overall pick, which then would be used on Leinart.

Condon already has achieved partial success. Sort of.

We're told that the Titans and the Jets have contacted Texans G.M. Charley Casserly regarding the price tag for a trade. But not in an effort to get Leinart.

Instead, these two teams -- along with the Raiders -- have contacted the Texans in the hopes of possibly landing Leinart's teammate, tailback Reggie Bush.

The development is somewhat surprising, in light of recent speculation that Bush might not even be the first guy picked.

Although there's plenty of misinformation floating around in the days leading up to the draft, we've got no reason to question our source on this one. So, as always, stay tuned.

:busted: :busted: id take him quick!!! marcus allend and bo jackson all over again

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

3 to be 4
04-20-2006, 05:36 AM
[QUOTE=MasterOfPuppets]Despite reports to the contrary, the Oakland Raiders are not considering trading up from the seventh spot in the first round for any of the three quarterbacks. Now that they have ex-New Orleans quarterback Aaron Brooks and with second-year quarterback Andrew Walter throwing a better ball than Brooks in the club's first mini-camp, there is no desperate need for a quarterback. QUOTE]

yeah, who needs a QB when you have the great Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter:rolleyes:

It would be like being the 3rd string behind Montana and Young!!!

Suitanim
04-20-2006, 07:56 AM
"And with the _____ pick in the 2006 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select Vince Young, quarterback, University of Texas"

Tha rock
04-20-2006, 11:03 AM
yeah i see you girls are mad now that were not going qb LOL

Suitanim
04-20-2006, 01:33 PM
And you know what Al Davis doing how? Because of something you read on profootballtalk.com? Oh boy...

Tha rock
04-20-2006, 05:07 PM
And you know what Al Davis doing how? Because of something you read on profootballtalk.com? Oh boy...

No al davis isnt stupid if he stays at 7 we go huff or matt if not we go reggie bush

silver & black
04-20-2006, 06:45 PM
I think I'll just wait and see what the Raiders do... then, I'll know!

MasterOfPuppets
04-20-2006, 11:57 PM
No al davis isnt stupid if he stays at 7 we go huff or matt if not we go reggie bush
AL davis......not stupid????:sofunny: ....only a genius would have picked janekowski in the first ....:rolleyes:

MasterOfPuppets
04-21-2006, 12:42 AM
i found this very ammusing......:sofunny:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12389000/page/3/

Q: How many more seasons do you think it will take for Oakland to get back into playoff contention? I know that, realistically, this season will probably be another "rebuilding" year, but I don't know how many more of these seasons I can take! (Especially being from New York, where Raiders fans are few and far between.) Do you think Aaron Brooks is the answer, or should we look for a quarterback in the draft, like Jay Cutler?
— Jerry Washburn, Glens Falls, N.Y.

A: It looks like they might have a shot at Vince Young and they should jump at the chance and then make sure they have the expertise and patience to allow him to become as productive as he was in college. If Young isn't there, Cutler would be a good choice, too. No, Aaron Brooks isn't the answer and the position needs to be addressed before they have a shot at returning to prominence. The division isn't overloaded with great quarterbacks, with inconsistent Jake Plummer in Denver, an aging Trent Green in Kansas City, and an untested Philip Rivers in San Diego, so it shouldn't take the Raiders long to catch up provided they start now.

basically he's tellin the guy,when the other teams start to suck,the raiders will be competative......:rofl:

Tha rock
04-21-2006, 02:50 AM
i found this very ammusing......:sofunny:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12389000/page/3/

Q: How many more seasons do you think it will take for Oakland to get back into playoff contention? I know that, realistically, this season will probably be another "rebuilding" year, but I don't know how many more of these seasons I can take! (Especially being from New York, where Raiders fans are few and far between.) Do you think Aaron Brooks is the answer, or should we look for a quarterback in the draft, like Jay Cutler?
? Jerry Washburn, Glens Falls, N.Y.

A: It looks like they might have a shot at Vince Young and they should jump at the chance and then make sure they have the expertise and patience to allow him to become as productive as he was in college. If Young isn't there, Cutler would be a good choice, too. No, Aaron Brooks isn't the answer and the position needs to be addressed before they have a shot at returning to prominence. The division isn't overloaded with great quarterbacks, with inconsistent Jake Plummer in Denver, an aging Trent Green in Kansas City, and an untested Philip Rivers in San Diego, so it shouldn't take the Raiders long to catch up provided they start now.

basically he's tellin the guy,when the other teams start to suck,the raiders will be competative......:rofl:

who the hell is he? what does he no the future? No ok then dont post crap becuse that what that is, how the hell can he say that. Hes saying we should go qb nad that were still competitive. Im actually starting to like vince.

Suitanim
04-21-2006, 08:53 AM
"Crap" is anything you read at PFT. At least MOP's post was from MSNBC.

Al is going to do one of two things. He's going to trade up for Young (and Young would likely fall to him at #7 anyway, because Youngs stock is dropping like a rock as the draft approaches), or he'll sit tight at #7 and take Vince then.

Either way, he's taking Vince Young. The best you can hope for as a Raider fan is that he doesn't make the additional mistake of actually trading up for him.

Tha rock
04-21-2006, 11:06 AM
ok how about this then suitpen its off fox sports

Despite reports to the contrary, the Oakland Raiders are not considering trading up from the seventh spot in the first round for any of the three quarterbacks. Now that they have ex-New Orleans quarterback Aaron Brooks and with second-year quarterback Andrew Walter throwing a better ball than Brooks in the club's first mini-camp, there is no desperate need for a quarterback.

If one falls to them, yes, they may take Vince Young, but otherwise they are focused on players like Texas safety Michael Huff while wondering if San Francisco is really going to select Maryland tight end Vernon Davis.

link
http://blogs.foxsports.com/NFL_Czar/2006/04/19/Not_moving_on_up

Suitanim
04-21-2006, 11:56 AM
That was already posted in this thread, and I promptly ignored it. Any guy who titles himself "The Sports Czar" is clearly as crazy as Al Davis after 16 lunchtime martini's.

ARKIESTEEL
04-21-2006, 02:47 PM
They feel like the qb spot is covered cause they got A Brooks. Ok hope that works out for you. Now that we know that your qb spot is covered what are you going to do about the other 10 guys you dont have on offense? Just wondering if Brooks was my qb I couldnt sleep at night.

MasterOfPuppets
04-21-2006, 05:49 PM
"Crap" is anything you read at PFT. At least MOP's post was from MSNBC.

Al is going to do one of two things. He's going to trade up for Young (and Young would likely fall to him at #7 anyway, because Youngs stock is dropping like a rock as the draft approaches), or he'll sit tight at #7 and take Vince then.

Either way, he's taking Vince Young. The best you can hope for as a Raider fan is that he doesn't make the additional mistake of actually trading up for him.
that would rank right up there with picking sebastion a few rounds to early....:sofunny:

Tha rock
04-21-2006, 09:52 PM
hey ill take vince i like him hes does nothing but win games LOL Vince to moss we will go

1. Vince qb
2. SS daniel bullcoks
3. Gerris wilkinson SLB oakland native and a raider
4. claude wroten who failed his drug test slips to us in the 4th smoking a lil weed we got anntaj hawthorne like that last season art will whoop there ass in shape and get them going.

tony hipchest
04-21-2006, 11:08 PM
4. claude wroten who failed his drug test slips to us in the 4th smoking a lil weed we got anntaj hawthorne like that last season art will whoop there ass in shape

what? you think al davis has "whizzinators" pouring out of his *******? you know what happened to chris webber after living within 100 miles of humbolt co.? he was on the primo, spending all that $$$ on dank (golden state). why do you think r. williams wanted to be a raider? if you think randy isnt blazing, and spending more time studying film, youre crazy.

it will take a good crack dealer to whoop them into shape. im sure a good crack dealer wont be hard to find. i bet al has them meeting the prospects at the airport. :sofunny:

Tha rock
04-21-2006, 11:47 PM
what? you think al davis has "whizzinators" pouring out of his *******? you know what happened to chris webber after living within 100 miles of humbolt co.? he was on the primo, spending all that $$$ on dank (golden state). why do you think r. williams wanted to be a raider? if you think randy isnt blazing, and spending more time studying film, youre crazy.

it will take a good crack dealer to whoop them into shape. im sure a good crack dealer wont be hard to find. i bet al has them meeting the prospects at the airport. :sofunny:

you no what you three get on my damn nerves all you do id talk shit, watch when we start making strides. Im not even going to talk shit on your team becuse there are alot of other cool fans here but you three ruin it.

tony hipchest
04-21-2006, 11:54 PM
you no what you three get on my damn nerves all you do id talk shit, watch when we start making strides. Im not even going to talk shit on your team becuse there are alot of other cool fans here but you three ruin it.

:sofunny: im not saying the raiders cant make strides but bringing in so many potheads isnt necessarily the best method. remember b. robbins or d. russell?

and i dont really see where suit saying the raiders are gonna draft v. young is talking shit. he may flop, or he may be the next mike vick.

MasterOfPuppets
04-22-2006, 02:06 AM
:crying01: ...i'm takin my ball and goin home.....you fart faces....

Tha rock
04-22-2006, 02:53 AM
so the muppet baby is still talking what a queer as usual just stop replying to me now your whack.

83-Steelers-43
04-22-2006, 04:05 AM
:crying01:

"You can act like a man! *slap* What's the matter with you. Is this how you turned out?"

Suitanim
04-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Oh boy...We need this wunderkind and Bengal Dave to slap each other around a bit. Battle Royale of the mental midgets!

silver & black
04-22-2006, 11:01 AM
:crying01: ...i'm takin my ball and goin home.....you fart faces....
:toofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
04-22-2006, 06:53 PM
so the muppet baby is still talking what a queer as usual just stop replying to me now your whack.
:rofl: ...hey guys!!!!...i be, "whack".......:busted: