PDA

View Full Version : celebrations & penalites

TRH
01-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Ok....Why is it...
If you score a TD and do any kind of dance or showboat or whatever, its an "unsportsmanlike penalty".

BUT.....every time Terrell Suggs makes a tackle at the line or a sack.....he runs 5 yards deep into the offense teams territory where no one is....then does a "Hulk Hogan" bodybuilding flexing exhibition. Every time. Shouldn't that be a celebration penalty too????

theplatypus
01-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Careful they might hear you

lionslicer
01-09-2011, 06:44 PM
No, you don't know the rule.
The rule for for touchdowns is, if you do a dance, its fine, as long as you do it by yourself, you can't inolve another player or even go up to another player on the other team.

On any givin play, you can celebrate if it doesn't take long, and you don't go up to a player of the other team and mock them in anyway.

tony hipchest
01-09-2011, 06:46 PM
t. guggs celebrated from his knee after a sack today.

2 weeks ago the nfl warned jarod allen that this is a rule infraction and will be penalized.

:noidea:

then again the ravens are allowed to put bounties on players.

jjpro11
01-09-2011, 07:40 PM
the NFL needs to quit with all the celebration rules... unless you use props or taunt, they should just let it go.. they are way too inconsistent in what they call penalties for when it comes to celebrations.

TRH
01-10-2011, 08:47 AM
the NFL needs to quit with all the celebration rules... unless you use props or taunt, they should just let it go.. they are way too inconsistent in what they call penalties for when it comes to celebrations.

i myself would like to see the rule go away too. I don't see anything wrong with celebrations.
I just think while the rule is in place, that Sugg's pose-down celebrations are excessive and have seen much lesser celebrations penalized.

lionslicer
01-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Here's a thought, take the rules off touchdown celebrations, I enjoy seeing how creative guys can be. But there should be some rules for normal plays. Like a linebacker tackles a guy after a 3 yard gain on 1st down and he gets up and celebrates, not even a big hit. There is no reason to celebrate, that should be a penalty.

vasteeler
01-10-2011, 05:00 PM
i am one that thinks it should be ok to taunt. these are grown men not kids. if they dont like it stop them from doing it

jjpro11
01-11-2011, 01:04 AM
i am one that thinks it should be ok to taunt. these are grown men not kids. if they dont like it stop them from doing it

they just don't want taunting leading to fighting.. we all know how intense these guys are and won't put up with getting shown up.

ncsteeler
01-11-2011, 02:10 AM
This is what I would like to see... I would like to see our offense have a plan in place for this, that basically has a pre called play and if Ben takes a sack the whole team should run to the line and snap the ball while the dumbass is celebrating. I think It can be done, just never seen anyone gameplan it.

TRH
01-11-2011, 08:56 AM
This is what I would like to see... I would like to see our offense have a plan in place for this, that basically has a pre called play and if Ben takes a sack the whole team should run to the line and snap the ball while the dumbass is celebrating. I think It can be done, just never seen anyone gameplan it.

that would be cool, but i doubt we'd ever get everyone back and into place in time