PDA

View Full Version : The Ravens are gonna be tired

sbsteeler25
01-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Glad we got them on SAT...1 less day they have to rest..by the 3rd you will see them wear down... How is the health of the Ravens?

mcg24
01-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Yes, we caught a good break here. And one less day I need to wait to watch the Steelers beat up on the Ratbirds!!!!!!!!!!

:tt04::tt02::tt::tt04::tt02::tt::tt::tt02:

JackHammer
01-09-2011, 06:38 PM
How is the health of the Ravens?
Here's what their health was coming into today's game:
http://www.nfl.com/teams/baltimoreravens/injuries?team=BAL

mikegrimey
01-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Tired or not I expect them to come out and play a hell of a game. Part of me wanted the Chiefs to pull off an upset because they'd be the easier team to play but another part of me wanted to see us play Baltimore because the games are almost always awesome.

sbsteeler25
01-09-2011, 06:54 PM
They seem to be little nicked up...

Steel_Bus_24
01-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Don't fool yourselves guys.....its going to be a war till the end

billym99
01-09-2011, 07:12 PM

absolutely... this sort of reminds me of 2008. If anybody remembers the Ravens game the week before the championship they looked tired as no other but found a way to beat Tennessee. When they came to the Burgh they came to play, I expect nothing less this time around. In 2008 they ended up with a week 2 bye due to a Hurricane in Texas, so they had 17 straight weeks of football coming into that game.

This game is always tough, that said I like the Steelers chances in this game more then the first and second from this season. We just need the offense to produce, let the D do what it's been doing. I gotta think that the broken nose had to affect Bens play, not to mention a bum ankle and he still played ok. I expect no blow out either way, but a 23-14 score, much like 2008, seems possible to me.

ZoneBlitzer
01-10-2011, 11:47 AM
I wouldn't count on the tired thing. If anything they will be sharper than the Steelers. Winning on the road in the playoffs gives your team an energy boost.

SoCalFan
01-10-2011, 11:54 AM
I think they will tire!Ive seen the D standing around gasping on long drives in the 3rd and 4th quarters.We should use the NO HUDDLE to start the 3rd and exploit this!!!!!!

Rick5895
01-10-2011, 11:59 AM
This will be a hard fought game, we will win, but expect the ravens to be there for 60 minutes. The "tired" thing means very little in playoffs , especially when it's your hated rival.

Steelers 20-10

NoFieldFive
01-10-2011, 12:12 PM
for a road playoff game the Ravens came out very well. the chiefs weren't exactly laying the hits on them.

StainlessStill
01-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Glad we got them on SAT...1 less day they have to rest..by the 3rd you will see them wear down... How is the health of the Ravens?

Their also going to be tired of getting that ass whooped by Pittsburgh!:tt02:

Chadmagic
01-10-2011, 12:35 PM
I think the chiefs were poised to pull off an upset when they took the early lead. The chiefs defense played a tough game. It was the offense who started hot but then got turnover fever in the second half that let them down. Those red zone turnovers were the difference. Other than that it was an even game and in the first half I think the chiefs outplayed the ravens.
Why the chiefs decided to pass mire in the second half instead if going with the run (which was working!) I'll never no. But the ravens D took advantage of it and came up with sack/fumbles and QB pressure which resulted in interceptions.
Either way the ravens will be here Saturday. I don't think they will be tired but may have an edge because they didn't have a week off snd will still be hot so to speak. While the Steelers will be rested but will prob need the first quarter to warm up and get into game mode.
This game will be all defense. And the offense that makes the least mistakes will win. So Ben will get sacked prob multiple times. He just has to not fumble in the process. By the same token we will get our sacks and hopefully like the last game one will be a turnover and that will be the difference maker.
I expect an almost exact copy of the previous games this year where in it be close low scoring and the team who has the ball last will have a chance to win

bobby jr
01-10-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm not buying that the Ravens will lose because they are more tired. While this would be a valid excuse should they lose (6 days rest VS 2 weeks), the Ravens have more momentum at this point than the Steelers. The other factors involved more than make up for the lack of rest.

The bye week can come back to bite a team. It has happened to teams in the past. NFL coaches say they generally don't want to take a long break when their team is playing well. The Steelers destroyed Cleveland, had perhaps their best game of the year. But then they have to cool their heels for two weeks. That Cleveland game already seems like a long time ago.

The Ravens just had a great 2nd half against KC, the best half of football they have played all year. They made the Chiefs look like they didn't belong on the same field, esp. Cassell and the Chiefs star running back. and will have a chance to continue that level of play in just a few days.

I'm picking the Ravens. I think they are the hot team, the team with the momentum, the talent edge, and the emotional edge. , I see them getting off to a hot start and a comfortable lead by halftime, in Pittsburgh next weekend.

The game will be physical, a war, but not as close as recent games between the two teams have been, with Baltimore achieving at least a 9 point win, and moving on to the AFC Championship game.

Steelboy84
01-10-2011, 01:27 PM

this

finesward
01-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

If anyone thinks the steelers will still be asleep at kickoff you are a fool. It's the ravens...with a team full of playoff vets, I HIGHLY doubt anyone will be caught flat coming into this game.

The ravens didn't play all that great. KC just played that bad. Take your blinders off bobby. Best half of football my ass. They got extremely lucky KC became careless with the ball and were given a couple possessions in the red zone. KC didn't belong in the post season. So beating a team that was simply average, one week after nearly losing to a team that was atrocious, does not equate beating a better team the following week.

Your too confident, and you will be very very depressed after next saturday. Maybe you will crawl back to whatever poebirds message board you came from and stay the hell out of this one. f'n troll get a life already. nobody here cares about what you think anyways :coffee:

billym99
01-10-2011, 01:38 PM
The bye week can hurt you and help you. 26/40 teams to have a bye in the last 10 years won their game so it's not a foregone conclusion that a bye is a bad thing. And FYI, Steelers had a great game in week 17 of 2008 and they were able to ride that momentum (a 31-0 win over none other then the Brownies) to a Super Bowl. Yes, yes, i know what you will say... what a weak playoff run, the Chargers and the Ravens. I'll disagree there, too. Yes, the Chargers were an 8-8 team, but as typical of the Chargers they started slow and then had a 3 game losing streak against three playoff teams (including a 1pt loss to Pitts and a 3pt loss to Indy). I'll be the first to say that I am glad the Chargers are not in this years playoffs, they would be a dangerous team despite a 9-7 finish... had they won the West it would have been interesting yesterday with Baltimore playing in SD.

But yes, you are right... the Ravens will not lose because they are tired. They are professionals that are very hungry for a win in PIT, they'll come ready to game as they did in 2008. But a great second half against a trainwreck called KC does not make them the hot team... if anybody is the hot team its Seattle with a win over the champs.

madtowndrunkard
01-10-2011, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't count on the tired thing. If anything they will be sharper than the Steelers. Winning on the road in the playoffs gives your team an energy boost.

ditto

These guys are professional athletes. I think they'll recover from playing 60 minutes of football the week before.....especially knowing they are coming to our house.

People over play this. Consider that each player probably doesn't play 30 minutes during a game. Sure it's physical, but unless they are trying to recover from a significant injury I do not think "tired" enters into the mind of any of these guys. I mean look at what hockey players endure every week.

kirklandrules
01-10-2011, 01:54 PM
I believe the Chiefs game hurt the Ravens chances against the Steelers, but not because they were banged up or will be tired this week. They played a team that totally laid down for them and didn't push them for the win. Now those dirty ratbirds will have to take an over-inflated ego into the 'Burgh where the Steelers veterans will be feeling pretty damned good. Flacco can think he's the next Montana after that awesome win ... but I get the feeling he won't be lighting up that Steelers D like they are the overrated Chiefs defense. And Ray-Ray can expect the Steelers aren't going to just hand them the ball like the overrated Chiefs offense. I have yet to see an analyst claim a victory by either team of more than 3 points. I think the Steelers win by more than 7 points and the end of the game isn't a nail bitter ... not necessarily a blow-out, but not the close games we've seen. And the Ravens can thank the Chiefs for rolling over and not keep the ratbirds on their toes.

SteelWolf62
01-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Their also going to be tired of getting that ass whooped by Pittsburgh!:tt02:

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tt::tt::tt::tt:

bobby jr
01-10-2011, 02:23 PM
The bye week can hurt you and help you. 26/40 teams to have a bye in the last 10 years won their game so it's not a foregone conclusion that a bye is a bad thing. And FYI, Steelers had a great game in week 17 of 2008 and they were able to ride that momentum (a 31-0 win over none other then the Brownies) to a Super Bowl. Yes, yes, i know what you will say... what a weak playoff run, the Chargers and the Ravens. I'll disagree there, too. Yes, the Chargers were an 8-8 team, but as typical of the Chargers they started slow and then had a 3 game losing streak against three playoff teams (including a 1pt loss to Pitts and a 3pt loss to Indy). I'll be the first to say that I am glad the Chargers are not in this years playoffs, they would be a dangerous team despite a 9-7 finish... had they won the West it would have been interesting yesterday with Baltimore playing in SD.

But yes, you are right... the Ravens will not lose because they are tired. They are professionals that are very hungry for a win in PIT, they'll come ready to game as they did in 2008. But a great second half against a trainwreck called KC does not make them the hot team... if anybody is the hot team its Seattle with a win over the champs.

TheAFC Championship game was a great one between Baltimore and Pittsburgh two years ago. But Flacco was a rookie then, it is likely he will play better this time and be less likely to make mistakes. Also the Ravens have more momentum this time and are not coming off two tough road playoff games in a row.

KC helped the confidence of the team and you should see the fans here. We usually have "purple Fridays" where everyone wears purple but today Monday looks like purple Friday. People wearing their Ravens garb everywhere.

I think the enthusiasm is so high here and I think the Ravens know it, Suggs said on TV last night that the team owes the fans of Baltimore another Championship.

As for the Ravens being tired I could see that more if the KC game was close , or a physical war.
It was neither.

pete74
01-10-2011, 02:27 PM
yea i dont bye the tired thing. they have 6 days to rest and thats enough. if they had injuries that would be one thing but there a pretty healthy team and its going to be a tough one but in the end i think Ben will win it for us.

steelerchad
01-10-2011, 02:35 PM
The Ravens and Steelers should both be hungry for this one. The Ravens should be a little more desperate to win it as they've had such a tough time winning a big game against the Steelers, especially at Heinz Field.

Both teams are a little old on defense and the current window of opportunity to win it all is short with a lot of the guys on both teams. This may be the last real chance at a ring for guys like Ward, Smith, Farrior, Casey, Lewis, Reed, Mason. Both teams want this badly and both fan bases want it even more I think. I can't wait until Saturday.

billym99
01-10-2011, 03:41 PM
TheAFC Championship game was a great one between Baltimore and Pittsburgh two years ago. But Flacco was a rookie then, it is likely he will play better this time and be less likely to make mistakes. Also the Ravens have more momentum this time and are not coming off two tough road playoff games in a row.

KC helped the confidence of the team and you should see the fans here. We usually have "purple Fridays" where everyone wears purple but today Monday looks like purple Friday. People wearing their Ravens garb everywhere.

I think the enthusiasm is so high here and I think the Ravens know it, Suggs said on TV last night that the team owes the fans of Baltimore another Championship.

As for the Ravens being tired I could see that more if the KC game was close , or a physical war.
It was neither.

I work downtown Baltimore, I see it daily. And this is nothing compared to 2008 or even 2006 when they laid an egg against the Colts. My office is on Exeter Street, right across from Whole Foods... my bosses had banners on the building in 2008, purple film on the windows, I could barely work here for the week leading up to the game. I don't see nearly the enthusiasm now. Granted, they unseated the #1 team leading up to that game and it was the Conf Championship and not the divisional. The ravens symbols that they spray paint on the sidewalk that say WIN, they littered the sidewalks in '08 for weeks... I see one in Harbor East right now.

And FYI, keep banging on about the KC win but it was less then impressive. Three of the Ravens scoring drives started inside the KC 40 (38, 31, 17) off of turnovers. That is three drives that started inside of Cundiff's FG range, two of which ended in stalled drives for 3. After the 4th/1 that KC was stuffed on they were done, zero heart... they should have just handed the ball to the Ravens D. I will say the last scoring drive was impressive, something like 10 minutes of clock and they got 7, that was a damn good drive against a defense that had, at that point, been on the field all day. KC WAS THE WORST PLAYOFF TEAM, at least Seattle beat somebody worthy this year (Chi). As soon as KC stopped running the ball they were officially done, it's the only thing they can do well (and I believe they ran the ball a whopping 5 times in the 2nd half).

sbsteeler25
01-10-2011, 04:11 PM
I disagree with the people who think that us having the by week will not be to our advantage...Wallace with fresh legs...Watch out!!

SteelCityMom
01-10-2011, 04:13 PM
I disagree with the people who think that us having the by week will not be to our advantage...Wallace with fresh legs...Watch out!!

Exactly. This team (with many of the same players) has done it both ways before to win titles. They've taken the hardest road and the easier road. They know what they're in for and they'll be prepared.

colescott1
01-10-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm not buying that the Ravens will lose because they are more tired. While this would be a valid excuse should they lose (6 days rest VS 2 weeks), the Ravens have more momentum at this point than the Steelers.

I see you're already lining them up...

SteelersinCA
01-10-2011, 04:30 PM
I see you're already lining them up...

exactly

stlrtruck
01-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Tired or not, this game is going to bring the adrenaline. They'll be ready for us. The Steelers need to go full bore from the opening kickoff until the clock reaches 00:00:00

Let's get it done!

TRH
01-10-2011, 05:24 PM
after having a "bye" and barely any discussion about the Steelers on the ESPN-like shows, i figured i'd tune in today and see what they all had to say.
So was there plenty of Steeler discussion today?? NOPE. Unbelievable. A little bit, but hardly anything. All i heard today was the Ravens defense this, the Ravens defense that, and on and on and on, and Reed, Suggs, Lewis etc. All day.
Well i think there's a guy called James Harrison who might have something to say. And LaMarr Woodley. And Timmons, and more.
I will tell you this.....IF we beat Baltimore Saturday, it will be the most satisfying win we've ever had over the Ravens. I'm really hoping for the best.

btaylor179
01-10-2011, 05:33 PM
yeai didn't like the way Suggs glared into the camera when he said Pittsburgh during his interview....wish hines would take his knees out!!!!!

Hayeksheroes
01-10-2011, 05:34 PM
The ratbirds will be tired chasing No. 17 around all day.

TRH
01-10-2011, 05:35 PM
yeai didn't like the way Suggs glared into the camera when he said Pittsburgh during his interview....wish hines would take his knees out!!!!!

no kind of play would make me happier than if someone completely burned Suggs on a play or someone took him out. Or if Ben gets out of his grasp and throws a TD.