http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDFLQNuPVoM

MDSteel15
01-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Why would that give me goosebumps? :noidea:

MattsMe
01-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Gay.

:coffee:

Reed's brother was running from the police, and the idiot jumped in a river. Big whoop.

Where's the tape of Ray Lewis talking about the guy he stabbed?

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2011, 06:47 PM
this one gives me goosebumps ...:nervous: .... how is this fish living out of water ? :jawdrop:

6WC6EbRQmJ0

sorry but i can't seem to muster any sympathy for criminals. he made his own bed ....

that was a nice little touch by Ed , to throw in the pittsburgh thing .... my guess is his bro's only thoughts were of getting high, and how to get money without having to work for it.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Come on guys...no need to get crass about it.

Was his brother stupid for doing what he did? Yes. That's still his brother though. Just cause he did something stupid doesn't mean Ed and the rest of his family aren't worried and don't care about him.

All Ravens hate aside, I think that's nice what they did for him today.

I know if either of my brothers did some stupid shit like that I'd still be worried sick about them. I doubt I'd want to leave the house let alone play a football game.

Steelboy84
01-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Gay.

Reed's brother was running from the police, and the idiot jumped in a river. Big whoop.

I don't like Ed Reed or the Ravens, but that was a nice gesture they did for him.

You're an idiot.

Atlanta Dan
01-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Every family mourns the loss of a loved one no matter how the outside world may regard the person who has passed

cubanstogie
01-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Gay.

I agree with you completely. Only the thug Ravens would have a ceremony for a guy evading police and try to make Ed Reed seem like a victim. Some people have their priorities all wrong. Any time a guy is being chased by police innocent people as well as the police themselves are at risk. I feel no sympathy for Reed his family, especially the thug Ravens led by Ray Lewis. I am thankful no innocent people were injured by his selfish act of stupidity.

MattsMe
01-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Any time a guy is being chased by police innocent people as well as the police themselves are at risk.

Exactly. I know what I said was harsh, but I have no sympathy for someone like that. My brother in law was a sheriff's deputy and died while in pursuit of some idiot.

I'm sure we would all mourn the loss of a loved one regardless of the circumstances, but that doesn't change the fact that Reed's brother brought it on himself.

MattsMe
01-09-2011, 07:59 PM
I don't like Ed Reed or the Ravens, but that was a nice gesture they did for him.

You're an idiot.

Come on, take that back. I won't be able to sleep tonight knowing you feel that way. :hug:

What can I do to change your opinion of me? It's important. My self esteem is directly tied to your opinion.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Yeah...I know Reed's brother brought it on himself and put innocent people at risk. I have no sympathy for his brother at all, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that is. But it still can't be easy for Reed or his family.

I hate Reed the Raven as much as anyone else, but I respect the hell out of him for playing, and playing hard today with all that shit going on. I'd think anyone would have a tough time dealing with a sibling or close family member going missing or dying under any circumstances...couple that in with all the extra press it's getting because of who he is. Reed's probably had to deal with cameras and reporters in his face on top of just dealing with it. I don't envy his situation at all.

MattsMe
01-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Yeah...I know Reed's brother brought it on himself and put innocent people at risk. I have no sympathy for his brother at all, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that is. But it still can't be easy for Reed or his family.

I hate Reed the Raven as much as anyone else, but I respect the hell out of him for playing, and playing hard today with all that shit going on. I'd think anyone would have a tough time dealing with a sibling or close family member going missing or dying under any circumstances...couple that in with all the extra press it's getting because of who he is. Reed's probably had to deal with cameras and reporters in his face on top of just dealing with it. I don't envy his situation at all.

:drink:

I can agree with all of that.

Perhaps I could have been softer in my opinion, but that wouldn't have been any fun.

tony hipchest
01-09-2011, 08:24 PM
nothing is as fun as this-

this one gives me goosebumps ...:nervous: .... how is this fish living out of water ? :jawdrop:

6WC6EbRQmJ0

sorry but i can't seem to muster any sympathy for criminals. he made his own bed ....

that was a nice little touch by Ed , to throw in the pittsburgh thing .... my guess is his bro's only thoughts were of getting high, and how to get money without having to work for it.

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 08:33 PM

Perhaps I could have been softer in my opinion, but that wouldn't have been any fun.

No problem...I guess I should probably step down off my high horse about it. :chuckle:

I guess I would just look like an asshole if I didn't say anything at all since I gave someone a vacation earlier today for being a total douche about it. (they were going to have it coming regardless though I guess lol).

None of what you guys said was nearly as bad though.

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2011, 08:48 PM

you're just an internet bully prick , that has no empathy for anyone ..
oh wait... that's me ....:chuckle:

seriously though , everybody raise their hand that felt sorry for or even thought about poor mr & mrs dahmer when little jeffrey was tragically killed in prison ....:popcorn:

MikeHaullace
01-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Come on, take that back. I won't be able to sleep tonight knowing you feel that way. :hug:

What can I do to change your opinion of me? It's important. My self esteem is directly tied to your opinion.

When I read that, I thought of one of the greatest scenes in television history :

http://www.gifflix.com/files/b1ba13bbb0b0.gif

MattsMe
01-09-2011, 09:05 PM
When I read that, I thought of one of the greatest scenes in television history :

http://www.gifflix.com/files/b1ba13bbb0b0.gif

:rofl:

"Cocaine is a hell of a drug."

cloppbeast
01-09-2011, 09:06 PM
I don't dislike Reed. Other than playing for the Ravens, he's really never done anything to piss me off. If he played for the Steelers we'd all love him.

It was pretty courageous effort on his part to put the distraction of his brother aside and focus on the game.

Fire Arians
01-09-2011, 09:35 PM
you know what gives me goosebumps? this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QGKlluCU0o

TRH
01-10-2011, 07:53 AM
this is an off-the-field issue that none of us know all the facts to, but i agree with a couple of the above points.
1. people running from the law who have committed crimes are low life criminals and its disgusting that people are now "feeling sorrow" for the guy
2. actions like this put law officers at risk. And innocent civilians at risk.

I feel zero sympathy for any "winning the game for my brother" type of crap that might come out of this. That said, i don't think this will affect the game whatsoever.

LukesDad88
01-10-2011, 09:45 AM

Unlike MattsMe, I can't agree with that. I think that it's absolutely monstrous that he wasn't with his family and his mother at a time like that, and instead was playing a damn football game. I have no respect for that, and it belittles him as a person in my eyes. It has nothing to do with what ever his brother may or may not have wanted. It has to do with familial obligations and concerns. A couple tears and weepy speech doesn't change anything and doesn't improve that in my eyes. Guy has truly screwed up priorities. Remember kids, a football game is much more important than the life or death of a loved one. Forget that.

MDSteel15
01-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Unlike MattsMe, I can't agree with that. I think that it's absolutely monstrous that he wasn't with his family and his mother at a time like that, and instead was playing a damn football game. I have no respect for that, and it belittles him as a person in my eyes. It has nothing to do with what ever his brother may or may not have wanted. It has to do with familial obligations and concerns. A couple tears and weepy speech doesn't change anything and doesn't improve that in my eyes. Guy has truly screwed up priorities. Remember kids, a football game is much more important than the life or death of a loved one. Forget that.

Exactly. You always hear these guys saying there is more to life than this game and where is he, playing a game and not comforting his mom...

SteelCityMom
01-10-2011, 10:41 AM

Yet everyone respected the hell out of Favre for playing the day after his father died, and wept at the sight of him pointing to the sky after scoring TDs for his Dad, with tears in his eyes and said "he's so brave". :noidea:

Yeah, it's just a football game, but Reed has said in interviews that his own family pushed him to go ahead and play the game. It's easy to judge what people do when you're on the outside looking in I guess.

ricardisimo
01-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Come on guys...no need to get crass about it.

Was his brother stupid for doing what he did? Yes. That's still his brother though. Just cause he did something stupid doesn't mean Ed and the rest of his family aren't worried and don't care about him.

All Ravens hate aside, I think that's nice what they did for him today.

I know if either of my brothers did some stupid shit like that I'd still be worried sick about them. I doubt I'd want to leave the house let alone play a football game.
Precisely. I'm worried all the time for Matt, and the shenanigans he's involved with on the white corn black market. He's getting himself deeper and deeper in debt and in trouble with the Russian mob. Innocent corn huskers are bound to get hurt in the process.

Does that mean I suddenly stop loving Matt? Well... yes. Maybe it does.

ricardisimo
01-10-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm with you on this. I take days off from work when my kids wet the bed. If a family member died and I still clocked in, I don't how I'd look at myself in the mirror, unless it was squinty-eyed.
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs471.snc4/50412_363380283130_4601933_n.jpg

Nevermore
01-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Having no sympathy for a guy whose brother likely died? He is still Reed's brother and a part of his family. To have no compassion for Ed in a time where his family and him are obviously hurting is pretty trashy. Obviously Brian Reed should not have been running from the cops and was a criminal. That doesn't mean he still wasn't a person or a brother, or a son. So for those of you on this board who have kids, if they stole a car and crashed it into a tree and died, would you not bury them or mourn them?

Seriously..... stop being a fan for a second and be a person. Have some compassion.

jizzballz
01-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Having no sympathy for a guy whose brother likely died? He is still Reed's brother and a part of his family. To have no compassion for Ed in a time where his family and him are obviously hurting is pretty trashy. Obviously Brian Reed should not have been running from the cops and was a criminal. That doesn't mean he still wasn't a person or a brother, or a son. So for those of you on this board who have kids, if they stole a car and crashed it into a tree and died, would you not bury them or mourn them?

Seriously..... stop being a fan for a second and be a person. Have some compassion.

if someone stole you car, yeah sure you will forgive him, BS.

stop being a stupid baltimore fan. nobdoy likes ed reeds brother

Nevermore
01-12-2011, 02:04 PM
if someone stole you car, yeah sure you will forgive him, BS.

stop being a stupid baltimore fan. nobdoy likes ed reeds brother

If you could read, I didn't say forgive his brother. I said feel bad for a guy who just lost his brother.

Was Brian Reed being a moron? Yes.

Does it hurt Ed Reed for him to lose his brother, regardless of the circumstances? Yes.

Stop being a stupid pittsburgh fan and have a heart. A guy's brother is DEAD!!

cubanstogie
01-12-2011, 02:57 PM
If you could read, I didn't say forgive his brother. I said feel bad for a guy who just lost his brother.

Was Brian Reed being a moron? Yes.

Does it hurt Ed Reed for him to lose his brother, regardless of the circumstances? Yes.

Stop being a stupid pittsburgh fan and have a heart. A guy's brother is DEAD!!

keep this crap on your board then, We don't mourn criminals, I mourn the innocent man Ray Ray killed, or at least was an accomplice to a killing. Get your priorities straight, your team led by your head coach has zero class.

Nevermore
01-12-2011, 05:42 PM
keep this crap on your board then, We don't mourn criminals.

Strange.... Guess this guy wasn't a criminal.

Former Steelers lineman dies in fiery crash
Friday October 1, 2004

HERKIMER, N.Y. (AP) -- Justin Strzelczyk, a former player for the Pittsburgh Steelers, died Thursday in a fiery head-on collision with a tanker truck after he led state troopers on a 40-mile highway chase during morning rush hour.
Strzelczyk, 36, was an offensive lineman with the Steelers for nearly a decade until the team released him in February 2000.

State police said Strzelczyk crashed his pickup truck into the westbound empty tanker just moments after swerving around a tractor-trailer that pulled across the highway to block the eastbound lanes. Strzelczyk drove 15 miles on three tires and a rim after one of his pickup's tires was punctured by metal spikes thrown into the road by troopers.

"He was a free spirit. He did things his way. He was a little different in the way he did things, but that was him," Steelers running back Jerome Bettis said Thursday. "You understood that. He was a great guy. It's a tragedy what happened."

Steelers chairman Dan Rooney remembers that even after rap music became the overwhelming choice of NFL players, Strzelczyk entertained the team by bringing a guitar to training camp.

"He was a very, very good guy," Rooney said. "He was a good player who added to the whole team activity by playing the guitar. On the field, he carried his weight. We'll miss him."

At least the Rooneys and Bettis have some class. Like you, I don't have as much sympathy for Strzelczyk. But how do you not feel for his poor wife and kids that he left behind?

cubanstogie
01-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Strange.... Guess this guy wasn't a criminal.

Former Steelers lineman dies in fiery crash
Friday October 1, 2004

HERKIMER, N.Y. (AP) -- Justin Strzelczyk, a former player for the Pittsburgh Steelers, died Thursday in a fiery head-on collision with a tanker truck after he led state troopers on a 40-mile highway chase during morning rush hour.
Strzelczyk, 36, was an offensive lineman with the Steelers for nearly a decade until the team released him in February 2000.

State police said Strzelczyk crashed his pickup truck into the westbound empty tanker just moments after swerving around a tractor-trailer that pulled across the highway to block the eastbound lanes. Strzelczyk drove 15 miles on three tires and a rim after one of his pickup's tires was punctured by metal spikes thrown into the road by troopers.

"He was a free spirit. He did things his way. He was a little different in the way he did things, but that was him," Steelers running back Jerome Bettis said Thursday. "You understood that. He was a great guy. It's a tragedy what happened."

Steelers chairman Dan Rooney remembers that even after rap music became the overwhelming choice of NFL players, Strzelczyk entertained the team by bringing a guitar to training camp.

"He was a very, very good guy," Rooney said. "He was a good player who added to the whole team activity by playing the guitar. On the field, he carried his weight. We'll miss him."

At least the Rooneys and Bettis have some class. Like you, I don't have as much sympathy for Strzelczyk. But how do you not feel for his poor wife and kids that he left behind?

Again, I am just glad he didn't kill an innocent victim. He made his own bed.