PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh/Baltimore Week : Part III

MikeHaullace
01-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Steelers own this series. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steelers%E2%80%93Ravens_rivalry)

(sorry, jr.)

CaliStillersFan
01-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Well I hope the Steelers aren't as overly confident as you. There's no such thing as an easy game against the Ravens. I was hoping we would meet in the AFCCG again, but this is going to good regardless.

steelerchad
01-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Well, we've beat them in the wild card round, we've beat them in the AFC Championship game, we just need the divisional round to complete the 3 sweep.

MikeHaullace
01-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Well I hope the Steelers aren't as overly confident as you. There's no such thing as an easy game against the Ravens. I was hoping we would meet in the AFCCG again, but this is going to good regardless.

Slow your role there, turbo.

I didn't say anything about the up-coming matchup. Just getting people up-to-speed to exactly *why* this is the best rivalry in the NFL. Because it is so well-matched, top-to-bottom. These teams are more-or-less built to beat one another. I get that. I like that.

I always look forward to this game. No matter what. People ask me what real football is a lot because I'm so passionate about the game... I tell 'em "Ravens vs Steelers".

It doesn't get any better than that. It is football in it's purest form.

It is a shame that Goodell doesn't want that brand of football in his brand of revenue.

So... Roger Goodell,

../.:mad:..\..

Bring on the Ravens. It's gettin' real, son.

steelerchad
01-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Even with the game on Saturday, this work week just got a lot longer. The anticipation is killing me already. I want this one so bad.

bobby jr
01-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Steelers own this series. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steelers%E2%80%93Ravens_rivalry)

(sorry, jr.)

Actually, they don't.

I was watching an ESPN2 analysis of the upcoming games and they flashed the stats up on the screen to show how evenly matched the two teams are. They went back several years and showed that the Steelers won one 1 (one) more game than the Ravens, it was like 8 to 7 (I forget the exact numbers but it was one more game) . And the two teams had scored exactly the same amount of points! That I do remember. The stats included both postseason and regular season games.

So therefore the Steelers do NOT own this series, I don't know where you got that idea.
The two teams have played each other about as close as can be. However the Steelers are the older team (oldest defense in the league) insofar as key players go, and the Ravens likely have the edge now.

We didn't have Heap for the last Pittsburgh game which we barely lost. Given the big game he had today I think that will make a big difference.

Also I think it will make for a more competitive AFC Championship game if the Ravens win. ( I'm assuming the Pats beat the Jets, since they blew them out in NE recently that is a pretty safe bet.)

We match up better with the Pats and have led them for most of the last two games played in Foxboro. Let's face it the Steelers have only a small chance of beating New England this year, given what happened at Heinz Field when they played the Pats.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Actually, they don't.

I was watching an ESPN2 analysis of the upcoming games and they flashed the stats up on the screen to show how evenly matched the two teams are. They went back several years and showed that the Steelers won one 1 (one) more game than the Ravens, it was like 8 to 7 (I forget the exact numbers but it was one more game) . And the two teams had scored exactly the same amount of points! That I do remember. The stats included both postseason and regular season games.

So therefore the Steelers do NOT own this series, I don't know where you got that idea.
The two teams have played each other about as close as can be. However the Steelers are the older team (oldest defense in the league) insofar as key players go, and the Ravens likely have the edge now.

We didn't have Heap for the last Pittsburgh game which we barely lost. Given the big game he had today I think that will make a big difference.

Also I think it will make for a more competitive AFC Championship game if the Ravens win. We match up better with the Pats and have led them for most of the last two games played in Foxboro. Let's face it the Steelers have only a small chance of beating New England this year, given what happened at Heinz Field when they played the Pats.

Ummm...did you even click the link? That's where he got that idea.

Ravens and Steelers have met a total of 32 times (including playoffs). Steelers have won 20 of those matchups. So I don't know where you got the idea they only won one more game, or whatever it is that you claimed.

Maybe you were thinking of in Baltimore...because the Steelers have only won one more game than the Ravens in Baltimore (8-7...all regular season). In Pitt they've won 12-5.

The rest of your post is nothing more than the same old drivel you like posting. :yawn:

bobby jr
01-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Ummm...did you even click the link? That's where he got that idea.

Ravens and Steelers have met a total of 32 times (including playoffs). Steelers have won 20 of those matchups. So I don't know where you got the idea they only won one more game, or whatever it is that you claimed.

Maybe you were thinking of in Baltimore...because the Steelers have only won one more game than the Ravens in Baltimore (8-7...all regular season). In Pitt they've won 12-5.

The rest of your post is nothing more than the same old drivel you like posting. :yawn:

No it wasn't just in Baltimore the ESPN show was discussing all the games between the two teams Pittsburgh and Baltimore in recent years.

You are going back too far if you look at 32 games, that included the Kyle Boller years and has little to do with the current situation. The ESPN guys were looking at more recent Steeler-Ravens history and they said the Steelers had only one one more game and the two teams had scored exactly the same amount of points.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2011, 09:23 PM
No it wasn't just in Baltimore the ESPN show was discussing all the games between the two teams Pittsburgh and Baltimore in recent years.

You are going back too far if you look at 32 games, that included the Kyle Boller years and has little to do with the current situation. The ESPN guys were looking at more recent Steeler-Ravens history and they said the Steelers had only one one more game and the two teams had scored exactly the same amount of points.

Well the OP was talking about the entire series and provided a link to back it up.

And if you really want to get down to the most recent part of the series, since Flacco came into the league, then the Steelers still own the series. Seeing as how he's played 7 games against them and only won 2 (both w/o Ben in the game). :noidea:

Sounds like they were going back since Ben started in the league. That's great and all...but not as accurate. Nice cherry picked stats though.

tony hipchest
01-09-2011, 09:24 PM
face it boob job... the ravens simply arent SB material.

never will be.

Fire Arians
01-09-2011, 09:26 PM
man, this is what sucks about a bye week, we have to listen to dick suckers like bobby jr for an extra week

MikeHaullace
01-09-2011, 09:44 PM
ESPN this and ESPN2 that.

Consider your sources, jr. Really... Go back, click the link I first submitted, read it's contents because it is awesome if you are a fan of the Steelers or Ravens...

... then defend your Ravens.

Otherwise... :blah: Pretty simple there, Bubba.

Facts are facts. As good and consistent as the Ravens have been, they always seem to be one step behind the Steelers. Why do you think that is? Why, jr? Why?

Penny for your thoughts, bro.

steelerchad
01-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Like I've said before. The Ravens our our little b****. The bigger the game, the better chance we have to win. We own them when it matters. We are the big brother, they are the little brother. They are good, we are great. We get the best of this one as well.
Will it be close probably. But winning is what the Steelers do.

Hey Booby,
Have you guys really only won the division title twice in your existence? Wonder who's holding you back from winning? But, don't worry. 2nd place is respectable.

cloppbeast
01-09-2011, 10:02 PM

:blah: Keep on rationalizing. You can convince yourself all you want that the Ravens will win, but that won't make it so.

We all know the game will probably be close. Todd Heap could make a difference in a close game. No doubt. He's a pretty good TE - so is Heath Miller.

If you don't recall, I'll recap. Heath Miller experienced a concussion during an illegal helmet-to-helmet hit, which wasn't flagged. Miller missed most of the game. His absence also made a big difference as well.

In a close game, often it comes down to the play of the quarterback. Ben is better than Flacco, especially in clutch situations. How many times has "Fourth-and-two" Joe failed to rally the troops or made a huge mistake that costs the Ravens the game?

I lost track.

He came through once, but with an asterisk. Ben wasn't playing in that game. The rebuttal was engineered by one Charlie Batch.

Edman
01-10-2011, 04:28 AM
The Ravens are running on intangibles, calculations, and formulas to justify why they'll win this game.

Don't get me wrong, they're a good team and a good organization, but for years, they've been stuck in the shadow of the Steelers. Even when they're not playing, Pittsburgh(and the Colts) are deeply ingrained into the psyches of Raven players, brass, and fans. The Steelers are in their heads 24/7. The Ravens want to be great, but Pittsburgh always stood in their way.

I pray to God the Ravens pump themselves up and hype out in the media about how great they are this week. I also hope the pundits hop on their sacks too. Kansas City was playing them tough until they unraveled after Charles' fumble.

Third Rail
01-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Yep, here we go...

Everyone other than bobby, jr.: logic and valid stats show that the Steelers have consistently done better than the Ravens in this series

bobby, jr.: total absence of logic, the Ravens are the best team to ever walk the earth and have never lost to the Steelers because close losses don't count and big losses are irrelevant because Joe Flacco wasn't there and he craps bricks of solid gold

blah, blah, blah

Steelboy84
01-10-2011, 03:16 PM
ESPN this and ESPN2 that.

Consider your sources, jr. Really... Go back, click the link I first submitted, read it's contents because it is awesome if you are a fan of the Steelers or Ravens...

... then defend your Ravens.

Otherwise... :blah: Pretty simple there, Bubba.

Facts are facts. As good and consistent as the Ravens have been, they always seem to be one step behind the Steelers. Why do you think that is? Why, jr? Why?

Penny for your thoughts, bro.

Yea, and as many years as they've had "great" defenses and picked to win it all, you'd think they'd have, what, 3 SB titles by now? :noidea:

stlrtruck
01-10-2011, 03:39 PM

So by that rationale, we can say we didn' t have Ben for the first game. I knew ratbird :troll:s would pull this excuse out of the air.

plenewken
01-10-2011, 03:49 PM
So by that rationale, we can say we didn' t have Ben for the first game. I knew ratbird :troll:s would pull this excuse out of the air.

We didn't have Miller for the second game either.

TRH
01-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Actually, they don't.

Also I think it will make for a more competitive AFC Championship game if the Ravens win. ( I'm assuming the Pats beat the Jets, since they blew them out in NE recently that is a pretty safe bet.)

We match up better with the Pats and have led them for most of the last two games played in Foxboro. Let's face it the Steelers have only a small chance of beating New England this year, given what happened at Heinz Field when they played the Pats.

Would you shut up about Heap already?? You've now used that argument in numerous threads on here. We could go on and on about the players we didn't have in certain games. We've had alot more players injured this year than the Raven's had....

SteelersNation
01-10-2011, 06:01 PM
I hate to say it. But the Ravens have peaked at the wrong time. Their defense has been playing stellar lately.
Combine this with the fact their offense is starting to click, I don't think we have a chance of beating them this time. I'd advise bringing down the attitude a notch, because we'll all be eating our ratbird words after this one. Sorry, its just the way i see it.

Lately, Baltimore's defense is playing at a Super Bowl level. In the past two games, the Ravens have forced an astounding 10 turnovers and held their opponents to 14 total points. Of those 10 turnovers, Baltimore has forced five fumbles and five interceptions. The Ravens are very hard to beat when their defense is this dominant. That also takes pressure off the Ravens' offense, which has been up and down this season.

Fire Arians
01-10-2011, 06:03 PM
I hate to say it. But the Ravens have peaked at the wrong time. Their defense has been playing stellar lately.
Combine this with the fact their offense is starting to click, I don't think we have a chance of beating them this time. I'd advise bringing down the attitude a notch, because we'll all be eating our ratbird words after this one. Sorry, its just the way i see it.

yeah i get it, the ravens are good. but we've got a good team too, keep the faith?

TRH
01-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Combine this with the fact their offense is starting to click, I don't think we have a chance of beating them this time.

dude...are you even serious??? You're completely not in reality. Sure its possible the Ravens could win....but "we don't even have a chance"?
Get real.

davidtrout
01-10-2011, 06:15 PM

Well now thanks for your thoughts there sunshine. You don't mind if we go ahead and play the game anyway, do you? Just for the sake of fairness and all. :tt02:

Not only do we have a chance, we're at home, we're rested, and we're better. We SHOULD win.

Fire Arians
01-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Well now thanks for your thoughts there sunshine. You don't mind if we go ahead and play the game anyway, do you? Just for the sake of fairness and all. :tt02:

Not only do we have a chance, we're at home, we're rested, and we're better. We SHOULD win.

haha amen.

geez judging by his post you'd think we were seattle or something like that

davidtrout
01-10-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm hoping he was just trying a little reverse psychology or something. A sort of anti-jinx, maybe.:toofunny:

lotas
01-10-2011, 06:22 PM
It's the playoffs, anything can happen at anytime. It doesn't matter how well you've played up to that point, in the end it comes down to those 60 minutes.