PDA

View Full Version : Crezdon Butler

MOFan17
01-10-2011, 12:02 AM
The team has talked about Butler making our team better. Anyone think there's a chance that we use him in some packages in the playoffs?

I'm still not sold on our nickel/dime package and wonder if we might benefit from his raw athleticism should we get to the Pats. I don't see how it would hurt to add him once in a while since fresh bodies can be a good thing this time of year.

Been a lurker for a long time. First post, so take it easy on me guys..:noidea:

Fire Arians
01-10-2011, 12:06 AM
i always thought butler was a steal, and was hoping he would have some play time this year.This late into the season though, it is really too late for him to step in barring a few injuries to our cornerbacks.

he was probably one of the most underrated corners in college. A playmaker there, didn't put up great stats because opposing qb's never through at him. I read somewhere that in his senior year, there wasn't a ball thrown in his direction until the 4th game.

he's not the most agile, but he's got great size and closing speed, and would be ideal for a zone corner. In lebeau's scheme he could be a perfect fit

with that said, this year's draft is seeing a lot of potential starters and solid players, butler being one of them also when he gets his chance.

tony hipchest
01-10-2011, 12:12 AM
The team has talked about Butler making our team better. Anyone think there's a chance that we use him in some packages in the playoffs?

I'm still not sold on our nickel/dime package and wonder if we might benefit from his raw athleticism should we get to the Pats. I don't see how it would hurt to add him once in a while since fresh bodies can be a good thing this time of year.

Been a lurker for a long time. First post, so take it easy on me guys..:noidea:

well its about time you joined up. i have to admit laughing when i saw your avatar.

with that being said, anthony madison has been getting the playing time so i strongly doubt we will see anything from crezdon this year.

madison has spent a long time in this system and has paid his dues. i suppose crezdon will have to do the same.

MOFan17
01-10-2011, 12:42 AM
well its about time you joined up. i have to admit laughing when i saw your avatar.

Thanks, I'm glad to be here. Without a doubt this is (Aside from the #7 superstitions...:chuckle:) the most informative Steelers forum. I whipped the Ted Williams image up this afternoon, could have spent more time on it but it serves the purpose.

Madison always takes me back to the Cowher undersized defensive backs that somehow couldn't get the job done in the playoffs. I would imagine he is talented though to get more playing time of late. I'm pulling for the secondary this post season!

tony hipchest
01-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Thanks, I'm glad to be here. Without a doubt this is (Aside from the #7 superstitions...:chuckle:) the most informative Steelers forum. I whipped the Ted Williams image up this afternoon, could have spent more time on it but it serves the purpose.

!good job. "the man with the golden towel" :tt02:

hopefully you enjoy posting as much as reading.

davidtrout
01-10-2011, 02:35 AM

Had to chime in myself to say "great avatar".

Butler could still become the player we all hope he is. CB is probably the toughest position other than QB to make the transition from college to the NFL. Even harder in LeBeau's defense. I thought he was a great draft pick as well and I'm still confident that will prove true. That being said, I don't think we'll see much of him in these playoffs. Now is not the time to start testing out young players. I expect he'll have a bigger role next year. You never know with these guys, but I have a good feeling about him.