PDA

View Full Version : Ravens then Pats is the perfect path

steelerchad
01-10-2011, 02:43 PM
There could be easier roads to a Super Bowl, but none as satisfying as beating these 2 on the way to another Super Bowl. The only thing that could have made it better would be beating Dallas in their house for #7.

Part of what made #6 so gratifying was preventing the Ravens from the chance to do it themselves. If we lose this week, and the Pats win it would be pure torture watching those 2 play for the right to go to the Super Bowl. I may have to break all the TV's in my house so I don't have to see it.

Steelers - Just win please. I like my TV's.

SteelerEmpire
01-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Yea. If we win out through the Ravens, Pats and then SB vs Falcons... Steeler's will be the "Undisputed " Champs. I would "rather " us win out via that path than any other...

MDSteel15
01-10-2011, 03:23 PM
What would have been super sweet would have been coming in as a Wild Card against Indy... Smacking Peyton in the mouth! Moving on to New England and embarassing them at their house.... And then going to B-more and whipping their azzes and do a T.O. on the bird at midfield!!! :hatsoff:

finesward
01-10-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm calling it, we gonna take care of business against wacco, then upset new england...and finally somehow someway seattle will make it and they will lose from a bad call further incensing seahawk fans everywhere :)

ETL
01-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Raven, Pats and then a root canal seems to flow naturally

fer522
01-10-2011, 04:02 PM
just bring home # 7 :tt03: :tt03:

vasteeler
01-10-2011, 04:49 PM
yeah that would be great for everything but my heart. i wanted to see kc this week and the jets next week

plenewken
01-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Yea. If we win out through the Ravens, Pats and then SB vs Falcons... Steeler's will be the "Undisputed " Champs. I would "rather " us win out via that path than any other...

Frankly, I couldn't care less what teams we beat to win our 7th Lombardi. There's no extra points for score, quality of opponent or color of their jerseys.

4xSBChamps
01-10-2011, 05:17 PM
...and finally somehow someway seattle will make it and they will lose from a bad call further incensing seahawk fans everywhere

... both of them...

WisconsinSteelerMan
01-10-2011, 05:33 PM
We are getting set for some of the BEST football of the season. We are going to win BOTH of those games, but even if we didn't win, it is still gonna be GREAT foodball!!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Fire Arians
01-10-2011, 06:19 PM
2 of the teams in the AFC i hate the most, would be a sweet way to win #7. Only better scenario would be if we were playing dallas in the SB and kicked the shit out of them too

4xSBChamps
01-10-2011, 06:41 PM
2 of the teams in the AFC i hate the most, would be a sweet way to win #7. Only better scenario would be if we were playing dallas in the SB and kicked the shit out of them too

... in their playpen...

FanSince72
01-10-2011, 08:44 PM
There could be easier roads to a Super Bowl, but none as satisfying as beating these 2 on the way to another Super Bowl. The only thing that could have made it better would be beating Dallas in their house for #7.

Part of what made #6 so gratifying was preventing the Ravens from the chance to do it themselves. If we lose this week, and the Pats win it would be pure torture watching those 2 play for the right to go to the Super Bowl. I may have to break all the TV's in my house so I don't have to see it.

Steelers - Just win please. I like my TV's.

Actually, we have an embarrassment of opportunities facing us.

First, we get a chance to oust the Ratbirds and prove once again who the real muscle is in the AFC North.

Second, we could either end up playing the Patsies and beat them in their house which would not only get us a ticket to Dallas but would also serve to get a decade-old monkey off our backs.

Then there's "Door Number Two". The Jets end up winning and we get to have them come to our house and we get a chance for some serious payback for that day in November.

Then after all that, I don't think there's an NFC team that we couldn't dismantle, so the Superbowl would be ripe for the picking and the only real issue we'd have is figuring out how to shove another Lombardi in the trophy case.

All in all, I like what lies ahead no matter how it plays out. :tt02:

bobby jr
01-10-2011, 10:10 PM
An even more impressive path is the one the Ravens may be taking.. as I posted before this would be impressive.
1. Kansas City (done)
2. Pittsburgh
3. New England
4. Atlanta

bobby jr
01-10-2011, 10:13 PM

First, we get a chance to oust the Ratbirds and prove once again who the real muscle is in the AFC North.

Second, we could either end up playing the Patsies and beat them in their house which would not only get us a ticket to Dallas but would also serve to get a decade-old monkey off our backs.

Then there's "Door Number Two". The Jets end up winning and we get to have them come to our house and we get a chance for some serious payback for that day in November.

Then after all that, I don't think there's an NFC team that we couldn't dismantle, so the Superbowl would be ripe for the picking and the only real issue we'd have is figuring out how to shove another Lombardi in the trophy case.

All in all, I like what lies ahead no matter how it plays out. :tt02:\

Green Bay looks pretty good to me and Atlanta is pretty good too. I doubt either team would be blown out of the Super Bowl.

Oh and as for the Jets winning, forget it. They were dismantled in Foxborough 45-3.
No way they are going to turn that around in such a short period of time. Rex was shooting his mouth off before that game and he is making the same mistake again, saying Brady doesn't prepare as well as Manning. He's only getting the Pats psyched up again for another beating of the Jets.

Whoever wins the Baltimore Pittsburgh game is going to have to go through the Pats to get to the Super Bowl.

ETL
01-10-2011, 10:22 PM
An even more impressive path is the one the Ravens may be taking.. as I posted before this would be impressive.
1. Kansas City (done)
2. Pittsburgh
3. New England
4. Atlanta

Beating KC is as impressive as your mom winning a special Ed spelling bee.

SteelCityMom
01-10-2011, 10:22 PM
1. Kansas City (done)
2. Pittsburgh
3. New England
4. Atlanta

Nobody cares about this. This is a Steelers board.

Footballjunkie
01-11-2011, 11:14 AM

All in all, I like what lies ahead no matter how it plays out. :tt02:

I just with Seymore was still in a Pats jersey when he dropped Big Ben

SoCalFan
01-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Lets just enjoy one game at a time!!! But,To me,beating the "untouchable" Patsys in there house would be top 10 wins in MY Steelers history!!!

TRH
01-11-2011, 12:42 PM
1. Kansas City (done)
2. Pittsburgh
3. New England
4. Atlanta

what?? Are you an idiot?
KC is hardly an "impressive" win, my friend.
After that, it would be....but i can list any 'hypothetically" impressive path too, as well as anyone here could.
God almighty..these posts keep getting dumber and dumber.

bobby jr
01-11-2011, 01:15 PM
If Pittsburgh goes through Baltimore, then New England, then Atlanta or Green Bay, I will say they earned the championship through a very tough road. Not as difficult as the one the Ravens face, but still a tough one. And I'll say the best team won. (I won't be so sure if somehow they beat the Ravens then somehow their last two opponents are the Jets at Heinz, and 7-9 Seattle in the Super Bowl. But that is quite unlikely to happen, starting with them beating the Ravens)

Unlike last time when the Steelers beat 8-8 San Diego then 9-7 AZ in the Super Bowl. That year the Ravens were the best team the Steelers faced in the post season.

SteelCityMom
01-11-2011, 01:29 PM
If Pittsburgh goes through Baltimore, then New England, then Atlanta or Green Bay, I will say they earned the championship through a very tough road. Not as difficult as the one the Ravens face, but still a tough one. And I'll say the best team won. (I won't be so sure if somehow they beat the Ravens then somehow their last two opponents are the Jets at Heinz, and 7-9 Seattle in the Super Bowl. But that is quite unlikely to happen, starting with them beating the Ravens)

Unlike last time when the Steelers beat 8-8 San Diego then 9-7 AZ in the Super Bowl. That year the Ravens were the best team the Steelers faced in the post season.

You too...your pathetic rhetoric is getting old. All you do is repeat yourself. I think we've all had just about enough.

If you actually came here to discuss football, I would be more than willing to oblige...but you've done nothing but repeat the same homer garbage over, and over and over again.

I don't know how you expect people here to react to it...I know if I went to a Rats board and acted like a homer idiot there, I'd be laughed and mocked at to no end.

So go back, and join your fellow Rats fans and suck each other off for all I care. You've worn out your welcome here.

MattsMe
01-11-2011, 01:31 PM
:applaudit:

4xSBChamps
01-11-2011, 01:47 PM
...your pathetic rhetoric is getting old... All you do is repeat yourself... go back, and join your fellow Rats fans...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%202010-2011/JohnnyUptonbleedingwithice-pack-revised.jpg

kirklandrules
01-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Maybe Bobby doesn't realize this is a Steelers board? Being a Ravens fan indicates significant intellectual deficiencies, but being a Ravens fan that rides the short bus really shows how the deck is stacked against this poor guy. If the Steelers win this weekend, he'll turn tail and make his way back to his brood ... and my advice to him will be "Run, Forest, run!!!".

TOOLofSTEEL
01-11-2011, 03:40 PM
I want #7 anyway we get it. But admittedly going through the Ravens, and really more so the Patriots would be a great way to solidify. This isn't just a great team this was in fact the best team.

Winning a lot of Superbowls going through teams that are generally laughable isn't quite as nice as going through the big boys/media darlings to get them.

plenewken
01-11-2011, 04:01 PM
So go back, and join your fellow Rats fans and suck each other off for all I care.

LMAO. :applaudit:

Superbowl
01-12-2011, 10:48 AM
I want #7 anyway we get it. But admittedly going through the Ravens, and really more so the Patriots would be a great way to solidify. This isn't just a great team this was in fact the best team.

Winning a lot of Superbowls going through teams that are generally laughable isn't quite as nice as going through the big boys/media darlings to get them.

I'd rather play the Steelers than Ravins as a Pats fan. I'm picking the Steelers to win over Ravens and I agree going thru Ravins and Pats would be huge.

I really like the Pats over Steelers if the turnover ratio is in the Pats favor. I am most concerned about Pats defense not taking Ben down immediately on a tackle attempt for Ben is at his best when pressured and is hard to take down. Not having Troy was huge last game but I liked what I saw on several fronts. I enjoy Pat / Steeler games going way back to Parcells. Pats and Steelers have been the most consistent teams and best TEAM kind of TEAM for years

CaliStillersFan
01-12-2011, 10:59 AM
I was thinking about this the other day. Which would you rather have if you had the power to choose?

Beat the Patriots in Foxoboro in the AFCCG, but lose the Super Bowl
or
The Jets win and we get the easier road and go on to win a 7th Super Bowl

I think I'd honestly choose to beat the Pats and lose the Super Bowl. We have 6 Lombardi's, but being able to talk trash to Pats fans for the next year would be PRICELESS!!!

steelerchad
01-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Hell no. Nobody remembers who lost the SB. I'ts all about championships.
Pats 18-0 season means nothing because they lost the SB.

StainlessStill
01-12-2011, 11:24 AM
I was thinking about this the other day. Which would you rather have if you had the power to choose?

or

I think I'd honestly choose to beat the Pats and lose the Super Bowl. We have 6 Lombardi's, but being able to talk trash to Pats fans for the next year would be PRICELESS!!!

Out of your mind? Losing the Super Bowl? The Patriots went 18-1 that 2007 year and are famous for choking away the perfect season and losing the Super Bowl. You are only as good as your LAST game, I don't want to be remembered by losing the Super Bowl. Hell, Neil O'donnel had a very solid career up until the 2 picks in XXX. The last game means everything.

plenewken
01-12-2011, 11:24 AM

or

Really??
I'd rather have 7 Lombardis. The Pats fans can run their mouth all they want, who cares? We already have twice their total of trophies. Plus we'll trash talk if they lose to the Jets, anyway.

SacknificentStew56
01-12-2011, 11:26 AM
I would rather take the road that gets us number 7. Just the look on Cowher's face after losing in SB XXX says enough for me.

StainlessStill
01-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Seriously? This Patriots talk is making me ILL. Listen, lets not turn into ****ing Cleveland & Cincy fans, who are OBSESSED with the Steelers. Don't let the Patriots team get inside your head as a fan, it seems our fanbase is turning into fans on how Cleveland fans look to us-- obsession.

Lets beat Baltimore and hope to go into there and kick N.E's ass if it comes to it OR the Jets ass! We control our own fate, not them pansy's up in Boston, Baltimore OR N.Y!

mizzouristeeler
01-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Seriously? This Patriots talk is making me ILL. Listen, lets not turn into ****ing Cleveland & Cincy fans, who are OBSESSED with the Steelers. Don't let the Patriots team get inside your head as a fan, it seems our fanbase is turning into fans on how Cleveland fans look to us-- obsession.

Lets beat Baltimore and hope to go into there and kick N.E's ass if it comes to it OR the Jets ass! We control our own fate, not them pansy's up in Boston, Baltimore OR N.Y!

Exactly.:thumbsup: