PDA

View Full Version : Harbaugh Happy Ravens Broke Nose Of Ben Roethlisberger

Deserei90
01-10-2011, 06:22 PM
http://burgh.us/w7 I'll be happy if Someone breaks his damn legs!! A**hole:banging:

Fire Arians
01-10-2011, 06:23 PM
i ain't gonna lie, I'd be happy if someone broke ray lewis's nose

plenewken
01-10-2011, 06:26 PM
That's pretty low but I'm not surprised. He's a classless pr*ck.

Whodis
01-10-2011, 06:32 PM
I love it!! Keep talking and the best thing is....... I work in Baltimore

Saturday + Playoff Game VS Rats = really drunk night

TRH
01-10-2011, 06:35 PM
as i said, if we beat Baltimore this week...it will be the most satisfying win over them ever. By a longshot.

Fire Arians
01-10-2011, 06:38 PM
as i said, if we beat Baltimore this week...it will be the most satisfying win over them ever. By a longshot.

for sure. i'll admit that right now imo, there's no afc north champion until this game's over. we both have close wins over the other team and are both 12-4. This matchup will decide the true class of the afcn

i do think we are the better team though. our team is finally healthy, young wr's have gotten more comfortable in the system, and big ben is money in the postseason.

ricardisimo
01-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Every win over them is deeply, spiritually satisfying, but I think it would be hard to top 2008.

drucifer
01-10-2011, 06:40 PM

Extremely satisfying, sure, but for me it's going to be exceedingly difficult for it to top beating them in the AFCCG. It must have been the ultimate humiliation IMO to be a hair's breadth away from the superbowl only to be knocked out by your biggest rival.

TRH
01-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Extremely satisfying, sure, but for me it's going to be exceedingly difficult for it to top beating them in the AFCCG. It must have been the ultimate humiliation IMO to be a hair's breadth away from the superbowl only to be knocked out by your biggest rival.

my reasoning this time is that they're being c-o-c-k-ier than they ever have before......and the ESPN's of the world have taken to given them most (almost all) of the media coverage for this game. It's shocking to see the extreme low level of attention we're getting right now.

Fire Arians
01-10-2011, 07:11 PM
my reasoning this time is that they're being c-o-c-k-ier than they ever have before......and the ESPN's of the world have taken to given them most (almost all) of the media coverage for this game. It's shocking to see the extreme low level of attention we're getting right now.

totally, for a team that's won 2 titles in the last decade, we seem to get no respect from the media ever.

it's okay to me though, i'd not have it any other way. the team always plays better when they feel disrespected.

lionslicer
01-10-2011, 07:11 PM
More blood for the rivalry. Makes the Steelers hate the Ravens more, and play harder.

SoCalFan
01-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Hopefully that audio reaches the Steeler locker room!!! Dont think you would hear classy coaches like Tomlin saying that chit!

Stu Pidasso
01-10-2011, 07:28 PM
He's happy? Cool! Now we can run a "sweep play right over to his side of the field", like in the movies... evil grin if ya know what I mean....

davidtrout
01-10-2011, 07:31 PM
He can be as happy as he wants. He won't be happy anymore come Saturday night. He's going to be wishing they would have broken something that would have kept Ben from kicking their asses. Again!

StainlessStill
01-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Love it. Just goes to show that we are the class and will ALWAYS be the team to beat within this division. The Ravens don't go into the draft to try to find personal to beat the Browns. The Bengals don't go into it trying to find personal to beat the Ravens. They go into it trying to beat PITTSBURGH, period.:tt03:

ricardisimo
01-10-2011, 07:40 PM
totally, for a team that's won 2 titles in the last decade, we seem to get no respect from the media ever.

it's okay to me though, i'd not have it any other way. the team always plays better when they feel disrespected.
You know, there are 31 other teams, and they merit some ink as well. And besides, most every site I check ranks the Steelers above the Ravens, so I'm not sure how sincere the whole "no respect" card really is.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=pfw-20110104_wild_card_round_power_rankings
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/01/05/nfl-playoff-power-rankings/index.html
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/01/04/wild-card-round-power-rankings

With the exception of USAToday (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-power-rankings.htm) (a rag if ever there was one) we are consistently ranked third behind the Pats and Falcons, and above Baltimore. Instead of fretting over why the Ravens get more respect than us (they don't) you should wonder why a team we spanked in week one is getting more love.

steelerchad
01-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Heard Harbaugh on NFL radio today and he said something smart about quoting Tomlin as saying that "playing the Ravens was comforting".
I believe what Tomlin said was we are comfortable playing the Ravens. Meaning we know them well.

Harbaugh took it as an insult. I think he's a big tool. He whined like a bitch about the way they lost that last game. Gives no credit to the opponent. He's a P.O.S and I hope we humiliate them.

OX1947
01-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Harbaugh is a little prick. I look forward to Taz ending their season in the 4th quarter on Saturday.

Atlanta Dan
01-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Harbaugh is obsessed with beating the Steelers and Tomlin - Harbaugh is Captain Ahab and the Steelers are his White Whale

it comes across in snarky moments such as today's comment about Ben's broken nose and his comments to Bob Costas before December's game that his players are coached to play within the rules and he was confident James Harrison will figure out how to eventually (followed by Ben getting his nose broken and Heath Miller getting concussed on a helmet to helmet hit)

From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.
Herman Melville - Moby Dick

steelerchad
01-10-2011, 08:17 PM
His guys haven't been good enough when all the chips are in the middle.
Well, we're all in right now. Let's see what they got.

It kills him that they can't beat the Steelers when it really matters.

TRH
01-10-2011, 08:29 PM
You know, there are 31 other teams, and they merit some ink as well. And besides, most every site I check ranks the Steelers above the Ravens, so I'm not sure how sincere the whole "no respect" card really is.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=pfw-20110104_wild_card_round_power_rankings
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/01/05/nfl-playoff-power-rankings/index.html
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/01/04/wild-card-round-power-rankings

With the exception of USAToday (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-power-rankings.htm) (a rag if ever there was one) we are consistently ranked third behind the Pats and Falcons, and above Baltimore. Instead of fretting over why the Ravens get more respect than us (they don't) you should wonder why a team we spanked in week one is getting more love.

you're right. the 31 teams do merit some media attention as well. I don't think i'd say "lack of respect" as much as i'd say "where's the media coverage on our team...how about a little equality here". Every fan likes to tune into the major cable sports shows and watch some info/stories on their team, especially when you're in the middle of play-off time. We've been mysteriously, if not absent, virtually non-existent.
But when you're a winner of 2 SB's in the last few years, go 12-4 and are a #2 seed, and have some of the NFL's biggest and most interesting stars on your team (Polamalu, Ben, Harrison, etc), its frustrating to be turning on the ESPN's and such and see barely even a mention of the Steelers. I would think they deserve a bit more coverage that that. Here you also have the team with the biggest merchandise sales across the board.
I could go online and go through various outlets and publications and come up with some Steeler stuff too, but i think most people here are looking at the big TV sports media shows, not "sites" that most don't go look at.
Hell, i was watching NFL coverage today and after all the Ravens talk, Pats talk, Jets talk, Packers talk and such, they were still talking multiple stories on the Colts...the Colts, thats right.....with one extremely short blurb about the Steelers amongst all of this. I didn't even really see a team profile on us....last week, every team that played last weekend got one.
I can certainly see why this is frustrating to many.

lionslicer
01-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Steelers have had media coverage, but because underdog teams like the Seahawks won, and the Ravens crushed the Cheifs, it takes spotlight off the Steelers. Then you have the Patriots, who dominated teams in the final weeks of the season. I'd really be disapointed in the football media if the Steelers, who have had a bye and haven't had a real meaningful game since the Jets loss were being covered as much as the other teams in the playoffs. There just isn't much story around them at the moment other than the Ravens rivalry comming up.

The media has a short term memory, and within the last month, the Steelers officially haven't done anything special. Beat up on the Panthers and Browns... Who doesn't do that.

bobby jr
01-10-2011, 10:03 PM
I think you guys are making too much of one comment by Harbaugh, which was said in jest. I know he doesn't advocate this type of play, if he did I would not support the Ravens as much as I do.

Look all teams occasionally take cheap shots and the Ravens are no exception, but these type of hits have become much less frequent by the Ravens since Harbaugh took over. He has class. He's stressed cutting out penalties and I think the team has straightened out since they got rid of Billick, who had lost control of the team.

I doubt Ngata's breaking Ben's nose was intentional. If you see the replay he was thrown off balance by a Pittsburgh blocker right before he got to Ben and no way he could have aimed his hand between the helmet bars. I doubt he was even trying to hit Ben at all in the face I think he was just off balance and it was an accident.

SteelCityMom
01-10-2011, 10:17 PM
I think you guys are making too much of one comment by Harbaugh, which was said in jest. I know he doesn't advocate this type of play, if he did I would not support the Ravens as much as I do.

Look all teams occasionally take cheap shots and the Ravens are no exception, but these type of hits have become much less frequent by the Ravens since Harbaugh took over. He has class. He's stressed cutting out penalties and I think the team has straightened out since they got rid of Billick, who had lost control of the team.

I doubt Ngata's breaking Ben's nose was intentional. If you see the replay he was thrown off balance by a Pittsburgh blocker right before he got to Ben and no way he could have aimed his hand between the helmet bars. I doubt he was even trying to hit Ben at all in the face I think he was just off balance and it was an accident.

Just stop already. Did you even listen to his remarks? Didn't sound like he was joking to me. Here's exactly how it went...

"He's a tough guy ya know, and he had the broken nose...and I was glad we broke his nose, and then I was very impressed that he played through it ya know."

You can't tell me, with a straight face, that you wouldn't be all over this board calling Tomlin a classless piece of shit if he said something similar.

Kudos to you for finally admitting that the Ravens sometimes take cheap shots like everything else. A few weeks ago you would have thought they walked on water the way you talked.

saveus1011
01-10-2011, 10:23 PM
Thank you Mr. Harbaugh. Thank you for the bulletin board material.

Dickbag.

bobby jr
01-10-2011, 10:26 PM
OK I listened to the remarks however If you just take out the part about "I'm glad we broke his nose" he was complimenting Ben, saying how tough he was, how Ben played well with a broken nose.

I'm still not sure what "I'm glad we broke his nose" means, if it was an offhand joke, or if he really meant what he said. When you are making off the cuff remarks sometimes one will say something that comes out the wrong way or something he does not really mean.

Obviously Harbaugh didn't mean he encourages his team to break people's noses. Even if he did encourage that type of behavior he wouldn't come out and say it in public. That wouldn't make sense, that is absurd.

Fire Arians
01-10-2011, 10:28 PM
OK I listened to the remarks however If you just take out the part about "I'm glad we broke his nose" he was complimenting Ben, saying how tough he was, how Ben played well with a broken nose.

I'm still not sure what "I'm glad we broke his nose" means, if it was an offhand joke, or if he really meant what he said. When you are making off the cuff remarks sometimes one will say something that comes out the wrong way or something he does not really mean.

Obviously Harbaugh didn't mean he encourages his team to break people's noses. Even if he did encourage that type of behavior he wouldn't come out and say it in public. That wouldn't make sense, that is absurd.

no you're right. harbaugh would instead encourage them to stab roethlisberger then run away in a stolen car and then jump in a river

LVSteelersfan
01-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Whether said in jest or not, it is bulletin board material. Not that the Steelers need bulletin board material to play the Ravens. If they do get past them and end up playing New England then the players just better keep their stupid traps shut because New England relishes all of the bulletin board material. This means you Wallace. You made uncalled for statements about Revis and look what happened. Just keep your trap shut or they will do everything in their power to shut you down.

tony hipchest
01-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Heard Harbaugh on NFL radio today and he said something smart about quoting Tomlin as saying that "playing the Ravens was comforting".
I believe what Tomlin said was we are comfortable playing the Ravens. Meaning we know them well.

.i missed harbaugh today on MTC but did catch tomlin yesterday. that is exactly how he intended it. johnboy spun it completely out of context.

this is the type of little shit belichick needs to get his team up for games.

revenge is best served cold. i just hope it isnt flacco knocked the F' out of the game, because bulger is better than him.

HAWK
01-10-2011, 10:36 PM

Who cares? Really?! Everyone in the world that's a Ravens fan or simply was rooting against the Steelers was glad they broke his nose. The coasches, players, fans....everyone. We as a society try to pretend we didn't like it...but we did. Football is violent. Trying to defend a coach for being honest is a waste of time and a tad naive. Grow up already. This is real life. The only people REALLY upset were those on the sideline.

Hell, I laughed when it happened and I'm a fan. Then I was impressed Ben let them drop and sucked it up. I bet Flacco wouldn't have done the same thing.

ZoneBlitzer
01-10-2011, 10:37 PM
That's pretty shocking to hear a coach say that. This is where the league has to step in and fine him. As the coach you are the face of the club and are a key representative of the league itself. By saying that you were glad a player was injured you are condoning the business of going out to intentionally injure the opponent. He has got to get at least a league visit on this prior to the game.

Third Rail
01-10-2011, 10:55 PM
Just more proof of what I find myself saying to someone or another every damned day. Harbaugh is the biggest asshole to ever coach a football team.

lionslicer
01-10-2011, 10:59 PM
If Lambert broke a quarterbacks nose of a hated rival team and said he was glad he did it, I'm sure no steeler fans would care. If Harrison broke Tom Brady's nose and said he was glad he did it, Steeler fans would defend him with their lives.

This is a rivalry, they hate the Steelers, the Steelers hate them. I don't have a problem with hating Harbaugh for the comment, it heats everything up. But at the end of the day you have to look at yourself and realize this is a game, we can't take everything too seriously.

HAWK
01-10-2011, 11:01 PM
My point exactly.

Deserei90
01-10-2011, 11:10 PM
If Lambert broke a quarterbacks nose of a hated rival team and said he was glad he did it, I'm sure no steeler fans would care. If Harrison broke Tom Brady's nose and said he was glad he did it, Steeler fans would defend him with their lives.

This is a rivalry, they hate the Steelers, the Steelers hate them. I don't have a problem with hating Harbaugh for the comment, it heats everything up. But at the end of the day you have to look at yourself and realize this is a game, we can't take everything too seriously.I get where your coming from, but I just didn't expect to hear it from a Coach.

HAWK
01-10-2011, 11:13 PM
I don't see Tomlin saying something like that anytime soon.

MattsMe
01-10-2011, 11:13 PM
I have no problem with Harbaugh's comments. At least an NFL coach is being honest for once. I think he's an idiot, but for other reasons.

That being said, can you imagine the outrage if Tomlin, or God forbid James Harrison, made a comment like this in the same situation?

lionslicer
01-10-2011, 11:14 PM
I get where your coming from, but I just didn't expect to hear it from a Coach.

He's a special teams coach, he has no merit to any other coach in the league.

GMU Steeler
01-10-2011, 11:17 PM
I have no problem with Harbaugh's comments. At least an NFL coach is being honest for once. I think he's an idiot, but for other reasons.

That being said, can you imagine the outrage if Tomlin, or God forbid James Harrison, made a comment like this in the same situation?

Of course, if Tomlin had said it, we'd be hearing the whining all the way in B-More. Ravens fans whine about the "dirty Steelers" yet I hardly heard a peep when I think it was Bart Scott who disclosed they had a bounty on Hines Ward.

Deserei90
01-10-2011, 11:28 PM
He's a special teams coach, he has no merit to any other coach in the league.OK, Gotcha. Personally I hated what he said, but I'm not surprised. Just hope the Steelers knock The Ravens out on their a** Saturday:tt03:

HAWK
01-10-2011, 11:31 PM
I, for one, hope we kick the shit out them. I'm hoping it's 0-35 at halftime!! I don't want any room for the Ravens to say they could've should've whatever........

mcg24
01-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Oh my f*cking God I want to absolutely destroy the godd*amn ratbirds. Pile drive their sorry arses into the friggen dirt. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DESTROY THESE MOTHERFU........

jjpro11
01-11-2011, 01:01 AM
i just find it ironic how he praised his team for playing within the rules and took a jab at the Steelers for their penalty issues.. immediately after his team goes out and commits two blatant fouls that were fined and should have been penalized.. then he defends the hit on Miller.. now he praises his guys for hitting Ben in the head.. not to mention their bounty placing ways. the guy is just a straight up hypocritical douche bag.

steelerohio
01-11-2011, 01:18 AM
What a punk...

Beat the Ravens Saturday... at all costs...

Wallace108
01-11-2011, 01:30 AM
I have no problem with the comment. We'll do our talking on the field. :popcorn:

LambertWardSteel
01-11-2011, 01:37 AM
I think the Steelers will be remembering the broken nose comment and the ones they (including Harbaugh) made about the Steelers not "really winning" last game....especially on Saturday. They'll also rember the cheap shot Heath took.

VegasStlrFan
01-11-2011, 02:04 AM
No chalk board material needed to get fired up for this game for either team. This will be a full-on sanctioned professional brawl - bell to bell.

SacknificentStew56
01-11-2011, 02:17 AM
I wouldn't expect anything from a Ratbird or a Ratbird coach. I hope Silverback does the same thing to Flacco and we'll see if he can be as effective as Ben was.

SteelKnight
01-11-2011, 02:21 AM

Nah...that 2008 season AFC Championship will still hold tops.

SteelKnight
01-11-2011, 02:32 AM
I hate Baltimore. They remind me of a bunch of thugs...I don't like that Ray Rice and I hope they hit him in the mouth. Suggs, Landry, Reed, Lewis, Rice, Magayhe (sp?)...all people I don't like...thuggish...classless. I will say I have been impressed with Lewis' game play this year.

Oher hold every game and never gets called. Maybe he makes referees "blind". You bet he'll be holding Harrison. If I were Tomlin, I'd mention it before the game.

SacknificentStew56
01-11-2011, 03:00 AM
I hate Baltimore. They remind me of a bunch of thugs...I don't like that Ray Rice and I hope they hit him in the mouth. Suggs, Landry, Reed, Lewis, Rice, Magayhe (sp?)...all people I don't like...thuggish...classless. I will say I have been impressed with Lewis' game play this year.

Oher hold every game and never gets called. Maybe he makes referees "blind". You bet he'll be holding Harrison. If I were Tomlin, I'd mention it before the game.

Oher is known for his many false starts that hardly ever get called. I wanna see more of Silverback and Wood in Flacco's face this game. That SI cover with LaMarr kneeling over Flacco's battered body is an award winning photo in my opinion.

ricardisimo
01-11-2011, 03:00 AM
I didn't even really see a team profile on us....last week, every team that played last weekend got one.
I can certainly see why this is frustrating to many.
But we didn't play last week, which would explain why neither we nor the Bears got any coverage. Pats and Falcons got a teensy bit more, having bullseyes painted on them as they do.
revenge is best served cold. i just hope it isnt flacco knocked the F' out of the game, because bulger is better than him.
Not too cold, I hope. This week cold, not next season cold.
I don't see Tomlin saying something like that anytime soon.
No. Not going to happen; not soon, not ever. I don't much like all of Tomlin's "violence" pep talks to his troops as it is. But getting an erection over Flacco's nose getting busted? No.

Atlanta Dan
01-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Harbaugh is a Rex Ryan wannabe when it comes to this sort of talk

Some people can talk smack and you can laugh along with them because they clearly are just having fun with it - other folks try to do it and simply come across as jokes because they lack the verbal skill set to tell one

grward
01-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Every win over them is deeply, spiritually satisfying, but I think it would be hard to top 2008.

I agree ... UNLESS we can blow them out Saturday. I would love to see our D whip Faggo around like a rag doll all day long. Pound him into the ground. I think a solid win over the ratturds would be priceless! And maybe shut them and Booby Jr up for a while! If we blow them out then this will be a sweeter victory than the 2008 victory.

TRH
01-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Nah...that 2008 season AFC Championship will still hold tops.

that was a great win. But i have to disagree....if we win this one, it will be bigger on a "personal" level beating a specific team, not just solidifying a trip to the bowl.
They're doing more s***talking this year and the media is seeming to pick up on them as their darlings

TRH
01-11-2011, 08:44 AM
i just find it ironic how he praised his team for playing within the rules and took a jab at the Steelers for their penalty issues.. immediately after his team goes out and commits two blatant fouls that were fined and should have been penalized.. then he defends the hit on Miller.. now he praises his guys for hitting Ben in the head.. not to mention their bounty placing ways. the guy is just a straight up hypocritical douche bag.

He's a "thug wannabe" who isn't, leading a bunch of thugs. I've lost some respect for him, definitely.
I'm really hoping our team is using this as a huge motivator and come out foaming at the mouth

grward
01-11-2011, 09:00 AM
He's a special teams coach, he has no merit to any other coach in the league.

Harbaugh is a special teams coach? Did I miss something?

bobby jr
01-11-2011, 09:40 AM
no you're right. harbaugh would instead encourage them to stab roethlisberger then run away in a stolen car and then jump in a river

So it's Ed Reed's and/or Harbaugh's fault what Ed Reed's brother did?
Your sense of compassion and fairness is overwhelming.

bobby jr
01-11-2011, 09:42 AM
He's a "thug wannabe" who isn't, leading a bunch of thugs. I've lost some respect for him, definitely.
I'm really hoping our team is using this as a huge motivator and come out foaming at the mouth

You're making way too much about an offhand remark which was probably meant to be humerous. I doubt this remark gets play outside of this forum, where some seem to be looking for reasons to get up into a hate Baltimore frenzy for this game.

finesward
01-11-2011, 10:10 AM
You're making way too much about an offhand remark which was probably meant to be humerous. I doubt this remark gets play outside of this forum, where some seem to be looking for reasons to get up into a hate Baltimore frenzy for this game.

go away

plenewken
01-11-2011, 10:16 AM
go away

LOL
I wonder what his motivation is for being here rehashing the same drivel that nobody gives a sh*t about instead of being on a Ravens forum. What a tool!

StainlessStill
01-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Harbaugh fits perfectly with the Baltimoron organization. He's mouthy, he's a chump and very low class. Plus, he has a "please punch me" face and attitude. It'll be a pleasure to apart of thee 70,000 people in Heinz Saturday to witness and dish out a beating of the Ratturds once again.

SteelCityMom
01-11-2011, 10:27 AM

You're right...nobody but us is talking about it.

That's why Lamarr Woodley has already discussed it on his FB page lol. Not to mention the countless articles written on it. :doh:

steelerchad
01-11-2011, 11:06 AM
UH-OH. It looks like the first stupid thing has been said. You would think these guys should know to keep their mouths shut, especially the coach. Boy, I hope we keep quiet this week, it almost always bites you when you open your big trap.

Harbaugh wears his hatred for the Steelers out in the open. Honestly, it's a little unbecoming of a coach. I'd be a little embarrassed if Tomlin acted in his manner. Harbaugh has a tendency to discredit the Steelers, where Tomlin is very even keeled about giving props to the opponent.

I guess maybe if I put myself in the Ravens shoes things would feel different. When I look at how much we've cost them and how little they've cost us I guess I understand all the hatred.

MDSteel15
01-11-2011, 11:10 AM
You know, I haven't even watched it yet because it's just going to piss me off even more!

MDSteel15
01-11-2011, 11:14 AM

I live 45 minutes away and don't need anything to help get a Baltimore hate frenzy on!!! :banging: :mad: :banging: :mad: :banging:

Wallace108
01-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Some people can talk smack and you can laugh along with them because they clearly are just having fun with it - other folks try to do it and simply come across as jokes because they lack the verbal skill set to tell one

^^Exactly. He probably meant it as a joke. But much like his team, his delivery sucks.

steelerschik
01-11-2011, 12:31 PM
You're right...nobody but us is talking about it.

That's why Lamarr Woodley has already discussed it on his FB page lol. Not to mention the countless articles written on it. :doh:

...not to mention being on the local news.

Meant to be funny or not, I fail to see the humor in joking about breaking someone's nose or breaking anything for that matter. I've said it all along, Harbaugh is a punk ass bitch thug coach of a thug team. He instills that in them. He's an embarassment to real coaches out there. Typical Baltimore tool.

I never wish injury on anyone, but I hope to hell we crunch, grind and tear some bones, joints and ligaments on that field Saturday on Flacco, Thuggs, Ray-Ray, doesn't matter which player it is, I hope it happens to the whole damn team just to hear this bitch cry some more, like he always does.

TRH
01-11-2011, 12:37 PM
UH-OH. It looks like the first stupid thing has been said. You would think these guys should know to keep their mouths shut, especially the coach. Boy, I hope we keep quiet this week, it almost always bites you when you open your big trap.

Harbaugh wears his hatred for the Steelers out in the open. Honestly, it's a little unbecoming of a coach. I'd be a little embarrassed if Tomlin acted in his manner. Harbaugh has a tendency to discredit the Steelers, where Tomlin is very even keeled about giving props to the opponent.

I guess maybe if I put myself in the Ravens shoes things would feel different. When I look at how much we've cost them and how little they've cost us I guess I understand all the hatred.

exactly. Tomlin would never (and won't) stoop to this low level. Expect him to keep his militant, let-the-playing-dictate-the-outcome attitude to continue. Harbaugh is showing what a low-class person he really is. "probably joking" isn't a good defense...this isn't something you joke about.
What a victory this will be if we win this one.

plenewken
01-11-2011, 12:46 PM
What a victory this will be if we win this one.................

It will just be a Divisional Playoff win giving us the opportunity to play for the AFC Championship. No more, no less. That's the way I look at it.

TOOLofSTEEL
01-11-2011, 12:53 PM
I dont think this was meant to be classless, the quote sounds more. Yes I'm the Ravens head coach but the guy really impressed me.

TRH
01-11-2011, 12:55 PM
It will just be a Divisional Playoff win giving us the opportunity to play for the AFC Championship. No more, no less. That's the way I look at it.

understood. But there's been more "big-mouth" talk on that side than ever before and the media (for some reason) has picked up on them this year all of a sudden as some kind of cinderella-story type of thing for some reason, so divisional...or no divisional...will be a hugely satisfying victory if we do it

bobby jr
01-11-2011, 01:07 PM
I think what coach Harbaugh meant to say was he was glad we put pressure on Ben during that game.

Obviously Harbaugh shouldn't have said that. But when you look at in context he was rambling and really trying to praise Roethisberer. Both went to Miami. Here is an article which puts this into the proper context and shows he really respects Ben.
The article also points out the broken nose hit was an accident by Ngata.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110111_harbaugh_impressed_with_how_roethlisberge r_handled_broken_nose&bcmt=7510756#mwpphu-comment-7508376

lionslicer
01-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Harbaugh is a special teams coach? Did I miss something?

He was a special teams coach for 20 years before he got the head coaching job... When have you ever seen a special teams coach go right to head coach?

He also was a defensive back coach, he had double duty, but still.

finesward
01-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Yeah and James Harrison saying "I try to hurt people" didn't have anything to do with his hit on massaqueer being 75k and not the standard 10-20k the rest of the players received. Sure his quote was taken out of context, but do you think there was any leeway or benefit of the doubt given to him? Nahhh....of course not. But because your coach is a white guy named harbaugh I doubt anything will happen. Classless, just like your whole organization. Bunch of thugs and murderers. How many you got on your team? 2? Ray ray and stallworth have how many murders between the two?

jizzballz
01-11-2011, 02:05 PM
I really dont care if New England rapes us in the conference championship, all i want is for us to beat baltimore. couldn't care less about how much further we go

MDSteel15
01-11-2011, 03:11 PM
I really dont care if New England rapes us in the conference championship, all i want is for us to beat baltimore. couldn't care less about how much further we go

Do you not think we can win?

Rick5895
01-11-2011, 03:13 PM
You must be a closet Cheatriots fan!!

pete74
01-11-2011, 03:17 PM
you guys are tearing up on Harbaugh for being a special teams coach but he obviously makes a great couch. i hate baltimore but there a great team and only got better after Harbaugh arrived. as for his comment about ben, it was taken the wrong way. he knew ben since college and are both real cool with eachother. with that said hopefully Harrison breaks flacco's nose and he throws 2 pick 6's

vasteeler
01-11-2011, 03:29 PM
you guys are tearing up on Harbaugh for being a special teams coach but he obviously makes a great couch. i hate baltimore but there a great team and only got better after Harbaugh arrived. as for his comment about ben, it was taken the wrong way. he knew ben since college and are both real cool with eachother. with that said hopefully Harrison breaks flacco's nose and he throws 2 pick 6's

thats the only thing i will disagree on. i think there a good team not a great team

caplovestroyp43
01-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Oh my f*cking God I want to absolutely destroy the godd*amn ratbirds. Pile drive their sorry arses into the friggen dirt. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DESTROY THESE MOTHERFU........

While I agree with you that I want to see the Rats absolutely THROTTLED to the moon and back, there is no excuse for putting the "f" word in relationship to God. That is soooooooooo offensive to me and using the gd word is just as offensive! Please I'm asking you very kindly to not do that again. I'm a Christian and the "f" word and God are NOT in any way, shape or form related!

Thank You.

Cap

caplovestroyp43
01-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Did I read that right?!? Bobby Jr. Banned??

Thank you, thank you, thank you. We don't need that idiot around here stirring the pot and defending the Ratthugs!! We are the STEELER NATION and nothing else. Anyone who doesn't want to root for the Steelers can find another forum to troll on!!

Atlanta Dan
01-11-2011, 04:22 PM

The Ben comments weren't a one off from Harbaugh

In addition to his general demeanor on the sidelines that irritates me, Harbaugh very piously talked about his team being coached the right way with regard to the post-October "emphasis" on helmet to helmet hits, then smirked that he was confident James Harrison would figure it out eventually, then screamed bloody murder about his player not being able to avoid the hit when a fine was handed down for the helmet to helmet hit on Heath Miller

I am not saying he is not an excellent coach, just that I do not like him for reasons beyond the fact he coaches the Ravens - even great coaches (Belichick) can still be jerks as well

Atlanta Dan
01-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Did I read that right?!? Bobby Jr. Banned??

Thank you, thank you, thank you. We don't need that idiot around here stirring the pot and defending the Ratthugs!! We are the STEELER NATION and nothing else. Anyone who doesn't want to root for the Steelers can find another forum to troll on!!

The trick was to just ignore him (which I did not figure out until several days ago)

Now we will miss out on bobby jr's entertaining post-loss explanations regarding how the Ravens loss was really a win and the Flacco coughing it up to the Steelers is further proof of Flacco's greatness

jizzballz
01-11-2011, 06:24 PM
While I agree with you that I want to see the Rats absolutely THROTTLED to the moon and back, there is no excuse for putting the "f" word in relationship to God. That is soooooooooo offensive to me and using the gd word is just as offensive! Please I'm asking you very kindly to not do that again. I'm a Christian and the "f" word and God are NOT in any way, shape or form related!

Thank You.

Cap

He's may not be Christian, he may be muslim or have his own religion that has his own version of God or not have one like me. This isn't a christians only board.

Go preach somewhere else, he can say what the heck he wants with or about god, **** he may think his own father was god, i think im god, but thats because im not relgious and have my own religion that is me.

No one knows what day Jesus Christ was born on. From the biblical description, most historians believe that his birth probably occurred in September, approximately six months after Passover. One thing they agree on is that it is very unlikely that Jesus was born in December, since the bible records shepherds tending their sheep in the fields on that night. This is quite unlikely to have happened during a cold Judean winter. So why do we celebrate Christ’s birthday as Christmas, on December the 25th?

http://www.essortment.com/all/christmaspagan_rece.htm

Nevermore
01-11-2011, 06:28 PM
I love watching you guys in this board. I don't usually post unless it has to do with the Ravens, so here's my $.02

I find it amazing that the same fans that think Harrison's comments about wanting to hurt people when he hits them is any different than Harbaugh saying he was glad his player broke Ben's nose. Of course it was a stupid thing to say, but I don't believe his that was the play he called or was his desire. He didn't get it broken in a fist fight on the ground, or by a cheap shot. It was an errant forearm that landed between his mask bars. If our dude is really that good landing punches, he should take up boxing....

At the end of the day as a person who has met Harbaugh, I can say he is a very classy guy. You don't have to agree, or believe me, but it is true. He does things for the team, the fans, the community, the troops, etc. Billick was an arrogant a-hole, who did condone and eventually lose control of thuggery. Harbaugh is very different.

I think if Harbaugh was what you all think of him, he would have said "Ben is a rapist piece of trash and any chance we have to get serious bodily harm on him we will. I'm glad we broke his nose." But he didn't. He complimented his tenacity and tough play.

Regardless, this weekend's game is going to be epic. There will be enough fierce hatred to last until 2012 when hopefully football will resume (not too optimistic).

Use it as bulletin board material, but be careful putting yourself on such a high and classy pedestal when you have the highest fined player in the NFL for illegal hits who is quoted as saying "I try to hurt people." Ben got hurt, not injured.... Seems like it would have been a good hit in Harrison's book.

Good luck on Saturday. :drink:

Fire Arians
01-11-2011, 06:37 PM
^ harrison explicitly said he's not trying to injure people. hurt is a different story, getting hit, bumps, bruises, getting hit hard enough to make you think twice about crossing over the middle, that's hurt.

i never once heard him say he wanted to break someone's nose, give people concussions, blow someone's knee out, or applaud someone for injuring someone else. 2 totally different things, there's a big difference between hurt and injure. I'm pretty sure trying to break someone's nose or any bone in their body is an attempt to injure

Nevermore
01-11-2011, 06:51 PM
I 100% agree that people should not be on the field intentionally trying to injure people.

The question then becomes did Ngata TRY to break Ben's nose. NO. His arm hit ben in the face and it broke. It wasn't intentional. No one even realized what happened until the play was over.

Regardless, ben was HURT by the play, not injured. Harrison said himself, you go to the sidelines, take a couple plays off, then come back out.

I agree that Harbaugh should not have said what he said. Maybe he was implying he was happy that his guys were playing with intesity. Maybe he really was happy Ngata broke it. But you can't with any seriousness think that Ngata or Harbaugh called that play with the intent of breaking the nose.

Harrison hits with INTENT to hurt. Ngata hit with intent to sack and accidentally hit ben in the face.

finesward
01-11-2011, 06:53 PM
I love watching you guys in this board. I don't usually post unless it has to do with the Ravens, so here's my $.02

I find it amazing that the same fans that think Harrison's comments about wanting to hurt people when he hits them is any different than Harbaugh saying he was glad his player broke Ben's nose. Of course it was a stupid thing to say, but I don't believe his that was the play he called or was his desire. He didn't get it broken in a fist fight on the ground, or by a cheap shot. It was an errant forearm that landed between his mask bars. If our dude is really that good landing punches, he should take up boxing....

At the end of the day as a person who has met Harbaugh, I can say he is a very classy guy. You don't have to agree, or believe me, but it is true. He does things for the team, the fans, the community, the troops, etc. Billick was an arrogant a-hole, who did condone and eventually lose control of thuggery. Harbaugh is very different.

I think if Harbaugh was what you all think of him, he would have said "Ben is a rapist piece of trash and any chance we have to get serious bodily harm on him we will. I'm glad we broke his nose." But he didn't. He complimented his tenacity and tough play.

Regardless, this weekend's game is going to be epic. There will be enough fierce hatred to last until 2012 when hopefully football will resume (not too optimistic).

Use it as bulletin board material, but be careful putting yourself on such a high and classy pedestal when you have the highest fined player in the NFL for illegal hits who is quoted as saying "I try to hurt people." Ben got hurt, not injured.... Seems like it would have been a good hit in Harrison's book.

Good luck on Saturday. :drink:

So if your cool with what harrison said, then you should be cool with harbaugh getting fined and punished by the NFL. Take it to the bank, had harrison not said he wants to hurt ppl he wouldn't be the most fined player in the league. All his comment did was jack up the amount he was fined. Seriously 75k for hitting a WR going across the middle?? That's pathetic. Fine harbaugh 50k for his comments since that's about how much it cost silverback.

finesward
01-11-2011, 06:56 PM
I 100% agree that people should not be on the field intentionally trying to injure people.

The question then becomes did Ngata TRY to break Ben's nose. NO. His arm hit ben in the face and it broke. It wasn't intentional. No one even realized what happened until the play was over.

Regardless, ben was HURT by the play, not injured. Harrison said himself, you go to the sidelines, take a couple plays off, then come back out.

I agree that Harbaugh should not have said what he said. Maybe he was implying he was happy that his guys were playing with intesity. Maybe he really was happy Ngata broke it. But you can't with any seriousness think that Ngata or Harbaugh called that play with the intent of breaking the nose.

Harrison hits with INTENT to hurt. Ngata hit with intent to sack and accidentally hit ben in the face.

Oh please, during the KC game the announcers were ogling about the defensive gameplan by the Ravens to "fall on the runner whenever possible" with big 350 lb lineman. Yeah they don't try to hurt people, they just try to fall on them while they are being tackled. Don't try to use that card, maybe you should get off your pedestal and take a look at your own team...

Name one other QB that would go back in there with the injury of a broken nose...Name one QB tougher than Ben. Anytime you break a bone while tackling another player...I'd call that an injury. Hurt is when you bruise a rib, make them woozy, take their breath away, etc... breaking someone's nose is injuring the other player. I highly doubt any other QB would of went back in. Certainly JOE BLOW wouldn't.

Atlanta Dan
01-11-2011, 06:56 PM

I find it amazing that the same fans that think Harrison's comments about wanting to hurt people when he hits them is any different than Harbaugh saying he was glad his player broke Ben's nose. :

One is a player and the other is the head coach - there are two NFL teams where the head coach joins in the trash talking and they both have ties to the Ravens- maybe it comes from hanging around with entertainment personality Ray Lewis:noidea:

It is a matter of taste in what i expect from a head coach but i prefer the platitudes of Tomlin to the snarkiness of Harbaugh

Nevermore
01-11-2011, 07:04 PM
I never said anything about the validity of the size of the fines... Harrison didn't get fined for saying he wanted to hurt people. He got fines for league decided illegal hits.

The NFL fined Ngata for breaking ben's nose too.

I'm just saying I find it interesting when people came to the unconditional and total defense of Harrison knocking people's lights out on the field and then are appalled by Harbaugh's comments.

I'm not saying either is better than the other,but they seem darn close to each other.

finesward
01-11-2011, 07:11 PM
I never said anything about the validity of the size of the fines... Harrison didn't get fined for saying he wanted to hurt people. He got fines for league decided illegal hits.

The NFL fined Ngata for breaking ben's nose too.

I'm just saying I find it interesting when people came to the unconditional and total defense of Harrison knocking people's lights out on the field and then are appalled by Harbaugh's comments.

I'm not saying either is better than the other,but they seem darn close to each other.

You honestly believe that? Other players are being fined 7k, 10k, and 20k but harrison is fined 75k for one hit. Was it really that violent of a hit? Really that illegal? How was it MORE illegal than the other hits in the league? You have your head in the sand if you don't think his comments had anything to do with it. He created the whole media frenzy by KO'ing two players in one game, (while just playing the same style of football that won him the 07 DPOY award mine you) and fed the frenzy by making those comments. When he made more comments about not changing his game and that he wasn't the problem but the league was the problem, the high fines kept on coming.

Now after 5 weeks of altering his game and being a good boy, whattaya know, his appeals go through and he gets refunded some of the money he was fined. He bent to the will of the NFL.

Nevermore
01-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Great. You win. Harrison was unfairly fined. Doesn't have anything to do with my comments.

lionslicer
01-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Oh dear, more Raven's lovers...

Trash talking is fun, and trying to prove your team is better is always good because it shows you're a real fan, but when the other team wins and you automatically go "the refs are on their side" or something in general is really annoying... Or saying Flacco is better than Ben.. Thats like saying John McCain isn't old

Nevermore
01-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Flacco is not better than Ben. Not yet. But he is improving and has proven himself to be a legitimate NFL QB. One that can make plays when necessary and lead the offense.

Once again, haven't been trash talking at all. This is going to be another knock down, drag out game that is decided by 1 or 2 key plays that sway the game.

And for the record, John McCain IS old!!:thumbsup:

lionslicer
01-11-2011, 07:35 PM

He's obviously a great head coach. I was just saying anything he says really has no merit because he kind of fell into the job and never really earned it.

It's not that great of a dis of a coach... but idc, i'll say it if I want, whether anyone cares to take it seriously or not

lionslicer
01-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Flacco is not better than Ben. Not yet. But he is improving and has proven himself to be a legitimate NFL QB. One that can make plays when necessary and lead the offense.

Once again, haven't been trash talking at all. This is going to be another knock down, drag out game that is decided by 1 or 2 key plays that sway the game.

And for the record, John McCain IS old!!:thumbsup:

Oh okay, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I saw you were a Raven's fan and that someone else was argueing with you, so I thought you were as bad as Bobby Jr is lol.

I believe it will be a slobber knocker and as Suggs said, the winner will probably win the superbowl.

caplovestroyp43
01-11-2011, 10:37 PM
He's may not be Christian, he may be muslim or have his own religion that has his own version of God or not have one like me. This isn't a christians only board.

Go preach somewhere else, he can say what the heck he wants with or about god, **** he may think his own father was god, i think im god, but thats because im not relgious and have my own religion that is me.

http://www.essortment.com/all/christmaspagan_rece.htm

You in my humble opinion are a jerk. Plain and simple. I wasn't preaching I was just making a kind request.

:tt02:

steelerchad
01-11-2011, 11:08 PM

I don't think anybody thinks that was on purpose. It was of course an accident and Ngata is a good, clean player from what I've seen. The issue most have is Harbaugh running his mouth again, just like he did with the Costas interview before the December game. I'm not going to explain it if you didn't see it. But watch the interview and then think about what happened during the game, then watch what Harbaugh says in his post game interview. Total Hypocrite. He hates the Steelers and that's OK. But he lets it show in his words, which in my opinion is beneath an NFL head coach.

saveus1011
01-11-2011, 11:28 PM
John "The Bitch" Harbaugh has somehow replaced Tom Brady as the biggest douche in the NFL. That's the only thing he's accomplished.

sharkweek
01-12-2011, 12:27 AM
i ain't gonna lie, I'd be happy if someone broke ray lewis's nose

I'm not sure about the nose, but we might be able to get Hines to break his jaw :chuckle:

Nevermore
01-12-2011, 08:58 AM
John "The Bitch" Harbaugh has somehow replaced Tom Brady as the biggest douche in the NFL. That's the only thing he's accomplished.

You're right... He hasn't done anything in Baltimore.

Regular season: 32-16
Post Season: 4-2
Playoff appearances in the first three years of being head coach.
Took a 5-11 team to the AFCCG in his first year with a rookie QB.

CaliStillersFan
01-12-2011, 09:55 AM
That doesn't surprise me coming from Harbaugh's mouth, what shocks me was that he was dumb enough to say it. Stupid stupid move, he just buried his Ravens.

cubanstogie
01-12-2011, 11:37 AM

He hasn't done anything from a Steelers' fans perspective. We have higher standards than you Ravens fans. The bar is set much higher for our team. If you are happy just making the playoffs then more power to you. Take his success all you want. I will take Tomlins.

Nevermore
01-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Cuban, Of course we want a Super Bowl. But to take a losing team and turn it into a three playoff appearance team with road wins in the playoffs is a huge success. If you remember, Tomlin inherited a Super Bowl team, a top 5 D and a top 5 QB. Harbaugh showed up into a system with a top 5 D, but an offense that has NEVER had a QB until Joe. I'm happy with our success and the team that is developing.

I'll be even happier when we beat ben in his own house this Saturday!!

Go Ravens!

plenewken
01-12-2011, 03:04 PM

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq202/philippelequerre/Smilies/flying-pig.jpg

jizzballz
01-13-2011, 08:18 PM
your a dumbass back on page 9 ratbird fan, harrison didn't single out any player, harbaugh singled out a player, who is most likely going to rape his dreams away... again LMFAO.

jizzballz
01-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Cuban, Of course we want a Super Bowl. But to take a losing team and turn it into a three playoff appearance team with road wins in the playoffs is a huge success. If you remember, Tomlin inherited a Super Bowl team, a top 5 D and a top 5 QB. Harbaugh showed up into a system with a top 5 D, but an offense that has NEVER had a QB until Joe. I'm happy with our success and the team that is developing.

Go Ravens!

please post joe flacco's quarterback rating for the playoffs, he's not really a quarterback, you guys just relied on your defense and run game the past 2 years, it's coming to an end this weekend where you cant keep repetively doing that, especially against one of the best run defenses in nfl history.

jizzballz
01-13-2011, 08:21 PM

That statstic is blown way out of proportion, you guys went 13-3 the previous year, you stupid ****, YEAH he really is the savior.

please, now just go die, i really do hope we win injure someone just as bad or worse again. :tt04::tt04:

keeping it classey ;)

bdravens
01-13-2011, 08:25 PM
That statstic is blown way out of proportion, you guys went 13-3 the previous year, you stupid ****, YEAH he really is the savior.

please, now just go die, i really do hope we win injure someone just as bad or worse again. :tt04::tt04:

keeping it classey ;)

No, actually we didn't go 13-3 the previous year, "you stupid ****"...In '06, we went 13-3. In '07, we went 5-11. The next year is when Flacco came. That *statistic* is not blown out of proportion

You really need to work on getting your facts straight, man.

jizzballz
01-14-2011, 07:56 AM
No, actually we didn't go 13-3 the previous year, "you stupid ****"...In '06, we went 13-3. In '07, we went 5-11. The next year is when Flacco came. That *statistic* is not blown out of proportion

You really need to work on getting your facts straight, man.

OH MY ****ING GOD, THATS WHAT I SAID

2006: 13-3 QUARTERBACK
2007: NO QUARTERBACK
2008: QUARTERBACK 11-5
2009: QUARTERBACK 9-7 lmao
2010: QUARTERBACK 12-4

just shut the **** up and read my posts correctly, flacco isn't even a great quarterback, a rating of 69 vs the steelers in what now, 6 starts. and 0-5 when he faces roethlisberger :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: