PDA

View Full Version : Steelers healthy, ready for Ravens

mesaSteeler
01-10-2011, 08:22 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_717499.html

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Steelers healthy, ready for Ravens

By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, January 10, 2011

The Steelers expect strong safety Troy Polamalu to play Saturday against the Ravens and coach Mike Tomlin isn’t ruling out defensive end Aaron Smith suiting up for the AFC divisional playoff game.

Smith, who will have an MRI taken this week on his left arm, has been dressing for practice but has yet to take part in drills.

He has been sidelined since partially tearing his triceps in an Oct. 24 game at Miami and almost certainly won't play against the Ravens.

But Tomlin said a decision on his availability won’t be made until after the Steelers get results from Smith's latest MRI.

“It’s been good to get him back on the field,” Tomlin said today at his weekly news conference. “I like seeing Aaron in a helmet.”

Polamalu probably won’t be in a helmet until Thursday for the Steelers’ final practice of the week.

The Steelers have been holding Polamalu, who is nursing an Achilles injury, out of their first two practices of the week. Tomlin said the Steelers will follow that schedule even though Polamalu said yesterday that he would prefer to practice

“Troy appears to be in pretty good shape,” Tomlin said.

Starting cornerback Bryant McFadden (abdomen) is expected to play Saturday, Tomlin said, though he may be limited in practice.

“I think we’ve got a pretty good bill of health,” Tomlin said.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

FanSince72
01-10-2011, 08:55 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_717499.html

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Steelers healthy, ready for Ravens

By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, January 10, 2011

The Steelers expect strong safety Troy Polamalu to play Saturday against the Ravens and coach Mike Tomlin isn’t ruling out defensive end Aaron Smith suiting up for the AFC divisional playoff game.

Smith, who will have an MRI taken this week on his left arm, has been dressing for practice but has yet to take part in drills.

He has been sidelined since partially tearing his triceps in an Oct. 24 game at Miami and almost certainly won't play against the Ravens.

But Tomlin said a decision on his availability won’t be made until after the Steelers get results from Smith's latest MRI.

“It’s been good to get him back on the field,” Tomlin said today at his weekly news conference. “I like seeing Aaron in a helmet.”

Polamalu probably won’t be in a helmet until Thursday for the Steelers’ final practice of the week.

The Steelers have been holding Polamalu, who is nursing an Achilles injury, out of their first two practices of the week. Tomlin said the Steelers will follow that schedule even though Polamalu said yesterday that he would prefer to practice

“Troy appears to be in pretty good shape,” Tomlin said.

Starting cornerback Bryant McFadden (abdomen) is expected to play Saturday, Tomlin said, though he may be limited in practice.

“I think we’ve got a pretty good bill of health,” Tomlin said.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

When Tomlin said that last thing, I hope he was tapping on a piece of wood at the time.