PDA

View Full Version : AFCN let me hear you..

clevestinks
04-20-2006, 11:33 AM
.... I know its only April, and the draft is in about ten days. But what makes you think that your team can knock off the reigning Super Bowl Champion Pitsburgh Steelers?
Keep in mind that our team is improving also. So I don`t want to hear that your team is getting better, you need something more concrete than just that. The Steelers are very young at most the key positions, Ike, Willie, Troy, McFadden,Miller, just to name a few, are still learning and getting better. This isnt intended to just start trouble, I am curious to how you really feel about your chances. Not just smack, come with some real facts, or at least some good insight into your teams future. And the Steelers fans here will let you know why we will be holding up another Lombardi Trophy this season. We`ve never have just won, one Super Bowl, in the burgh they come in pairs.

SteelCityMan786
04-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Nothing Can Beat Your Case for the Steelers Clevestinks. Points To You.

tim686
04-23-2006, 05:29 PM
The Steelers will clear the board this year in the post season starting with winning the AFCN straight to winning the Super Bowl

clevestinks
04-23-2006, 07:18 PM
I cant argue that! I`m with you!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Anybody who thinks we can't make another run this year is sadly mistaken. Once the all the predictions start coming out later this summer who's gonna bet we arent favored to win the AFC, and probably not even in the top 5.

People just continue to look around at other teams and just pass us by... That's just AOK with me, cuz telling them " I told ya so" is always that much sweeter!

bigbensgirl7
04-23-2006, 09:21 PM
Anybody who thinks we can't make another run this year is sadly mistaken. Once the all the predictions start coming out later this summer who's gonna bet we arent favored to win the AFC, and probably not even in the top 5.

People just continue to look around at other teams and just pass us by... That's just AOK with me, cuz telling them " I told ya so" is always that much sweeter!

What's funny is you are absolutly right. These so-called "experts" will pick the Bengals to win the Division and give them false hope. It is so much more fun when no one but us believe in us....but get ready Steelers fans, it will happen!!!

j-dawg
04-24-2006, 01:15 AM
one things for sure... the afcn is gonna be one tough mofo this year....

Stlrs4Life
04-24-2006, 12:27 PM
one things for sure... the afcn is gonna be one tough mofo this year....

j-dawg, I noticed that you are from LA. Just hold out, in a couple of years, you just might be able to be a season ticketholder for the Browns! LOL!:sofunny:

j-dawg
04-24-2006, 01:04 PM
j-dawg, I noticed that you are from LA. Just hold out, in a couple of years, you just might be able to be a season ticketholder for the Browns! LOL!:sofunny:

i hope not... i dig my team... in Cleveland...

los angeles is not a football city... and, believe it or not, the Browns have a loyal fan base that would give the NFL hell if they tried to move them yet again... i don't really see why you think they're going to leave... they have a new stadium... San Diego has a better chance of coming here...

if the Browns were to move, i would no longer watch the NFL.

ARKIESTEEL
04-24-2006, 02:19 PM

los angeles is not a football city... and, believe it or not, the Browns have a loyal fan base that would give the NFL hell if they tried to move them yet again... i don't really see why you think they're going to leave... they have a new stadium... San Diego has a better chance of coming here...

Do you mean if they was to move again?

clevestinks
04-24-2006, 03:56 PM

Dont blame the NFL, blame former mayor mike white, he did everything he could to ignore the browns so Modell picked up and left. Then White tried to become a hero, and get the franchise back. If anybody needed a new staduim it was cleveland, that was a real shit hole, a well deserved shit hole, but a shit hole nonetheless

j-dawg
04-24-2006, 05:20 PM
i knew that was coming... when the TEAM left for baltimore and became the rat birds i did not watch the NFL until the BROWNS came back in 99... if they were to move the TEAM to los angeles and end the BROWNS (don't really see that happening) or if they were to be renamed the Los Angeles Browns (shudder) i would no longer watch the NFL.

j-dawg
04-24-2006, 05:32 PM
Dont blame the NFL, blame former mayor mike white, he did everything he could to ignore the browns so Modell picked up and left. Then White tried to become a hero, and get the franchise back. If anybody needed a new staduim it was cleveland, that was a real shit hole, a well deserved shit hole, but a shit hole nonetheless

okay, okay, wait. the browns would never have left cleveland without the consent of the NFL... do you think if tagliabue was against the move it would have taken place?

"modell had run the franchise into financial hell and was rewarded for his efforts. just five years later, tagliabue slammed the brakes on seattle owner kenneth behring's attempt to move the seahawks to southern california. behring ended up selling the club to paul allen.

modell's plans to evacuate cleveland angered a lot of owners. many were prepared to vote against him before tagliabue brokered a deal with mayor white to get an expansion franchise in 1999. had the commissioner put his foot down, he would have had the backing of a lot of owners.

that wasn't the first time tagliabue unwisely sided with modell. he made his initial mistake in 1993, backing the Browns owner's plan to extend the existing TV contract and give back millions to the networks because of sagging ratings.

dallas owner jerry jones and denver owner pat bowlen stepped forward and basically said, “No way.” they knew a gold mine when they saw one. The NFL and TV made the perfect monetary couple and they knew it.

jones and bowlen negotiated an even stronger deal by bringing the fledgling fox network on board. today, each NFL team receives more than $90 million a year from television."

rich passen wrote this a few weeks back.

don't blame the NFL? come on...

Suitanim
04-24-2006, 05:35 PM
If anyone cares, here's the definitive book on the subject of what REALLY went down when the Browns left.

http://www.bookreporter.com/reviews2/1886228884.asp

j-dawg
04-24-2006, 05:41 PM
If anyone cares, here's the definitive book on the subject of what REALLY went down when the Browns left.

i've heard about this.. i'm going to check it out...

"These brief anecdotes put a sharp point indeed on Pluto's observations concerning the mismanagement of the team and the NFL's utter disregard for the fans, who represent little more to the league than a vast collection of eyeballs with credit cards, to be delivered to advertisers."

this is why i didn't watch the NFL during our three year hiatus... and if they were ever to move the Cleveland Browns to another city, i would never watch the NFL again.

Suitanim
04-24-2006, 05:55 PM
He basically throws just about everyone under the bus except the fans, but, know what? He's right...

clevestinks
04-24-2006, 07:02 PM
I`m sure the NFL did give thier consent, but Im sure it wasnt welcomed right away. I think Modell had a long history here and wanted to stay. cleveland found away for a new home for the indians and cavs, and at the time they both sucked. Anyway the browns made out, they got thier name back, thier colors, and a new stadium. Whay they would wnat the colors ?????
J dawg, in all honesty do you like the brown and orange colors?

CantStop85
04-24-2006, 07:38 PM
i knew that was coming... when the TEAM left for baltimore and became the rat birds i did not watch the NFL until the BROWNS came back in 99... if they were to move the TEAM to los angeles and end the BROWNS (don't really see that happening) or if they were to be renamed the Los Angeles Browns (shudder) i would no longer watch the NFL.
So you wouldn't be happy if your favorite team moved to the city you live in? Why's that?

HburgXL06
04-24-2006, 07:52 PM
So you wouldn't be happy if your favorite team moved to the city you live in? Why's that?

Prolly because it's his favorite team because of where they come from and movin that team takes away part of that prestige/nostalgia/hometown connection. Plus if they were to move the team would just become another LA team destined to wash into the city for a few years and wash back out to some other unknown destination. I don't know just my possible thoughts. Peace.

BuFu

j-dawg
04-24-2006, 08:16 PM
I`m sure the NFL did give thier consent, but Im sure it wasnt welcomed right away. I think Modell had a long history here and wanted to stay. cleveland found away for a new home for the indians and cavs, and at the time they both sucked. Anyway the browns made out, they got thier name back, thier colors, and a new stadium. Whay they would wnat the colors ?????
J dawg, in all honesty do you like the brown and orange colors?

yeah, i don't think the brown and orange helmet is ugly... the orange pants are, but it's my team, and i dig the fact that they haven't changed it all up... it bothered me that the steelers had their logo only on one side of the helmet when i was younger... but i got over it... hehehe

as for model.. from what i've read, he didn't want anything to do with gateway... he was filling an 80,000 seat stadium and wasn't willing to give up 45,000 odd seats with no dome...

j-dawg
04-24-2006, 08:19 PM
Prolly because it's his favorite team because of where they come from and movin that team takes away part of that prestige/nostalgia/hometown connection. Plus if they were to move the team would just become another LA team destined to wash into the city for a few years and wash back out to some other unknown destination. I don't know just my possible thoughts. Peace.

BuFu

exactly...

CantStop85
04-24-2006, 08:51 PM

BuFu
Sounds like you were once a browns fan, BuFu...is there something you would like to tell us? lol jk

I guess I can sort of understand that sentiment, but more so if my hometown was originally Cleveland.

HburgXL06
04-24-2006, 08:56 PM
it bothered me that the steelers had their logo only on one side of the helmet when i was younger... but i got over it... hehehe

When I was younger that used to trip me out too. I thought the logo was do a disappearin act on me and it wasn't until I was older that my dad finally explained it to me and I found out the history of the logo. Now I like it. It makes the team unique and the fact that the logo also has a real meanin (US Steel) that also adds to the coolness. It's not just another abstract drawin on the side of the helmet. Anyway I've ranted enough about a subject everyone already knows about. Peace.

BuFu

HburgXL06
04-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Sounds like you were once a browns fan, BuFu...is there something you would like to tell us? lol jk

I guess I can sort of understand that sentiment, but more so if my hometown was originally Cleveland.

Lol yea I'm a proud graduate of "browns Anonymous." It was rough to kick the habit but I had to before it ruined my life. Lol jk always been a Steelers fan but I was just tryin to empathize for a second on what it would be like for the team you cheer for to move out of its original city (regardless if the team moves to where you actually live). It's been known in the past that when a football team leaves its city it is a big ordeal that causes a lot of hysteria (LA not included I really don't think that city gave a flyin f*ck). When the browns left cleveland there were riots in the city. When the colts moved to indy they had to sneak out in the middle of the night to avoid dangerous repercussions. I don't know how houston took the loss of the oilers or how jacksonville will take it when (not if) the jags leave. Peace.

BuFu

Stlrs4Life
04-24-2006, 09:17 PM

j-dawg, I was kidding.

On a side note, it was loyal before 95 also, and still went to Baltimore.

Stlrs4Life
04-24-2006, 09:24 PM

This quote from the book is BS--"Win or lose, the fans loved 'em, week after week filling the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium to its 80,000-seat capacity even on the nastiest of North Coast winter days."--- I remeber in the early 90- 94, alot of black outs in cleveland. That was the right along with Art Modells TV deal also.

j-dawg
04-24-2006, 11:30 PM
j-dawg, I was kidding.

On a side note, it was loyal before 95 also, and still went to Baltimore.

i hear ya...

you're right about the blackouts also... but model was averaging over 50,000 fans a game... which isn't bad... i remember how he was cracking down on the sports bars in the area broadcasting the games...

Tankus_Maximus
04-24-2006, 11:58 PM
j-dawg had a point earlier when he said that L.A. wasn't a football town. The people here are too fickle & flavor-of-the-week to have a committment to a football team. I'm stuck here and can't wait to leave! Lookin forward to adaptin to the cold!

3 to be 4
04-25-2006, 05:31 AM
"We are the Champions. We are the Champions. No time for losers, cuz we are the Champions..........of the Division!!!!!!!"
- Bengal fans

clevestinks
04-25-2006, 08:22 AM
"We are the Champions. We are the Champions. No time for losers, cuz we are the Champions..........of the Division!!!!!!!"
- Bengal fans
Ha ha thats funny

CantStop85
04-25-2006, 06:36 PM
- Bengal fans
When did you get converted into a steelers fan?

Suitanim
04-25-2006, 06:39 PM
When did you get converted into a steelers fan?

You need not be a Steelers fan to mock the Bengals.

It's universally recognized as being humorous.

clevestinks
04-25-2006, 06:51 PM
You need not be a Steelers fan to mock the Bengals.

It's universally recognized as being humorous.
I second that notion!

RoethlisBURGHer
04-26-2006, 01:41 PM
- Bengal fans

Haha that was good.

SteelCityMan786
04-29-2006, 10:38 AM

Yep any doubters will suffer a heavy bitch slapping when they see us raise our 6th Title