PDA

View Full Version : Will Steelers Ravens Be Physical? Hardly.

Hayeksheroes
01-11-2011, 11:51 AM
There is all this talk about the two physical teams about to meet on Saturday. This will be armageddon. I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but Goodell has squashed the physicallity out of these two teams. You might as well put a dress on Big Ben and Flacco. With nearly half a million dollars in fines between the two teams, this match up will be anything less than physical.

Take James Harrison. Harrison has not been himself for the past 4 or 5 weeks. Has he been absent? Is he sending a message to the NFL?

I realize that there is some payback on Ben's broken nose and the vicious hit on Miller. Who's going to risk a 100k fine and suspension? Yes, the Raven's will wear their thespian tights, the play the part of good actors. The steelers will lead with there shoulder pads? No Clark got fined for that. I don't know what they will lead with. That's the problem.

Goodell has neutered both teams and taken out their physicality. Sad really.

Buddha Bus
01-11-2011, 11:59 AM
I don't think the physicality will be neutralized at all. It will just look slightly different. These 2 teams will ALWAYS play each other physically. They will just take more care to watch HOW they are physical by being aware of where they place the helmet on their hits and where exactly they hit the QBs. I still fully expect a hard hitting, smash-mouth type of game between the two and I can't wait!

Wallace108
01-11-2011, 12:03 PM
I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but Goodell has squashed the physicallity out of these two teams.

You can't squash hatred. I expect nothing less than a typical Steelers-Ravens game. And being that it's the playoffs, it would take more than the threat of a fine or suspension to get these two teams to lighten up on each other.

Buddha Bus
01-11-2011, 12:11 PM
You can't squash hatred. I expect nothing less than a typical Steelers-Ravens game. And being that it's the playoffs, it would take more than the threat of a fine or suspension to get these two teams to lighten up on each other.

Agreed. BROKEN NOSES ALL AROUND!!! :chuckle:

Hayeksheroes
01-11-2011, 12:12 PM
The only physicality the Steelers need is on the scoreboard, where they light it up.

grward
01-11-2011, 12:21 PM
The only physicality the Steelers need is on the scoreboard, where they light it up.

Maybe so, but you can hardly say "put a skirt on Ben". He has recevied no love from the Refs. And the broken nose and concussion on Miller came after the fines started.

It will be bloody, just like the last playoff game in 2008.

SoCalFan
01-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Silly,it will be a backyard brawl with the rats staggering by the 3rd quarter!!!

TRH
01-11-2011, 12:38 PM
...Harrison's been all over the place and has adjusted his play pretty nicely. Some offensive players have been ducking him in fear as well. Didn't you see the Cleveland game?

Steel_Bus_24
01-11-2011, 01:33 PM
I expect nothing less then a total War

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0hHs8D2TsY

http://www.gifsoup.com/view3/1280448/rocky-iv-o.gif

Just Hope the refs are consistent with their calls so everyone knows how far to push it

4xSBChamps
01-11-2011, 01:34 PM
... Goodell has squashed the physicallity out of these two teams. You might as well put a dress on Big Ben and Flacco...

what we need to do is put a skirt on Ms. Goodell, then stick him on a pirate ship as the only female during a 2-year cruise

btaylor179
01-11-2011, 02:23 PM
yea ben def doesn't get any calls his way....hit him in the head ,knees any where because refs won't call it.....he isn't brady or peyton

vasteeler
01-11-2011, 03:32 PM
i hope the refs just let them play. flag the obvious ones and leave the tick tac shit alone

fer522
01-11-2011, 04:04 PM
i hope we get some calls our way