PDA

View Full Version : Tight end mis-matches

ETL
01-11-2011, 01:59 PM
We've got Todd Heap this week and possibly Gronkowski and Hernandez next week. And the league is full of good TEs which almost always seem to create mis matches for opposing defenses. LBs are too slow and DBs are too small.

Who is our best player to cover Heap this week? Polamalu? Timmons? And if this is a pattern in the NFL, why don't teams do something about this?

Why doesn't every team have an undersized fast LB or an overgrown physical safety to cover these TEs? It just seems logical that they should be the next evolution in football.

steelerchad
01-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Every team doesn't have them, but we do.
Timmons and Polamalu.

lionslicer
01-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Every team doesn't have them, but we do.
Timmons and Polamalu.

Too bad the Steelers put William Gay on tightends and no them.

What the Ravens do is because they have 3 very good recievers, Saftey's and defensive backs are busy with them. But the Steelers wont let Heap off the line of scrimmage. Woodley or Harrison will chuck him at the line, Farrior might give a chuck before he even gets to the next level where Timmons should be all over him.

kirklandrules
01-11-2011, 03:26 PM
I don't remember Heap being a factor in the past few games against the Steelers. I'll worry about the Patriots TEs if/when the Steelers get past the Ravens.

grward
01-11-2011, 04:50 PM
I don't remember Heap being a factor in the past few games against the Steelers. I'll worry about the Patriots TEs if/when the Steelers get past the Ravens.

Didn't he leave with a concussion during the 1st quarter of the game?

NoFieldFive
01-11-2011, 04:51 PM

Heap was out almost the entire last game...he got hurt at the beginning of the game

SH-Rock
01-11-2011, 04:52 PM
I think Timmons can stop Heap

Fire Arians
01-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Timmons, unlike most lb's, isn't too slow