PDA

View Full Version : Good luck from Baltimore

bdravens
01-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Hey Steeler fans, just wanted to wish you guys good luck this weekend. All we know is, there's no secrets between these two teams, and I expect it to be one of those 3 point type games like usual.

Fire Arians
01-11-2011, 03:09 PM
finally a rational baltimore fan. good luck to you also. whatever the outcome i hope the winner of this game leaves with no injuries and beats the most hated patriots

SteelCityMom
01-11-2011, 03:11 PM
My sentiments exactly. I hate your team, but I respect them. I could never bring myself to respect the Patriots. May the best team win and may the force be with whichever team goes on to the AFCCG.

bdravens
01-11-2011, 03:15 PM
My sentiments exactly. I hate your team, but I respect them. I could never bring myself to respect the Patriots. May the best team win and may the force be with whichever team goes on to the AFCCG.

Same here. You may see smack on our forum, but deep down, most of us do respect your team immensely. I have absolutely no respect for the Patriots either.

steelerchad
01-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Thank God. Not another Boob Jr.

Appreciate the well wishes, even though I know you don't really mean it.:chuckle:
It should be a great game. I think both fan bases are really looking forward to this one. I can't believe it's only Tuesday. This work week is draaaaggggging.
I would have preferred we avoid the Ravens, since I felt we were already 1 up on them this year by beating them in December and winning the division, but it looks like we gotta lace em up 1 more time.
For Ravens fans, I think it's another chance at finally getting that big signature win against their nemesis and for Steeler fans, I think it's like winning a 12 round fight 7 rounds to 5, then being told they're going to extend the fight to 15 rounds. I think we have the slight upper hand with history, home field, and bye week, but having to win again will be a daunting task.

kirklandrules
01-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Same here. You may see smack on our forum, but deep down, most of us do respect your team immensely. I have absolutely no respect for the Patriots either.

bdravens, just to ensure we are all from the same planet:

Tom Brady is gay: true/false?

plenewken
01-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Thanks Man, that's cool. Good luck to you too.
It should be a close/hard fought game and may the best team win Saturday. I hope the outcome won't be decided by a blown call or by injuries.

Fire Arians
01-11-2011, 03:22 PM

i think everyone knows the answer to that

tom brady is gay gay gay gay gay gay gay and he grew his hair out trying to look like a girl so he could stick his pee pee in randy moss, but randy was like nah dog, that's disgusting, so he got kicked off the team cause he hurt the feelings of belichick's little princess

TRH
01-11-2011, 03:26 PM

awesome....enjoy the game. If you win, please beat the Pats. Hate 'em.

bdravens
01-11-2011, 03:34 PM

True. 100% Fag. I've seen a couple other threads on here, and personally I find it hard to believe that some fans on here think it's shaping up to be a complete blowout. I know it's normal to say that one's team will win and kick the other team's ass, but history in this series says otherwise since Flacco/Harbaugh have arrived. We don't fare well against Roethlisberger, but the games are always close now that we have our own franchise QB.

Games like this make me wish our franchise was around longer than 1996-present. Imagine this rivalry if we had been here around 1990, even though it hadn't technically been that long since the Indianapolis professional football team left.

steelerchad
01-11-2011, 03:35 PM
awesome....enjoy the game. If you win, please beat the Pats. Hate 'em.

I don't know dude. I hate the Pats and all, but watching the Ravens go to the Super Bowl would be just as bad. I like being the big bully in the AFC North.
Watching my 2 most hated teams with the winner getting a trip to the Super Bowl. Where is that throwup emoticon when I need it.

But, bdravens seems pretty cool so far. I'll give him that. Now if we can start getting him to engage in some intelligent football talk between Ravens and Steelers fans instead of this Ravens are the greatest of all time and the Steelers have no chance horse crap we've been hearing from that other idiot.

So how about it bdravens. Why don't you give us a few reasons why your team will come into Heinz and leave with a win? And we can tell you why they won't. You can even start a new thread if you like.

I'll give you a few advantages I see for us.

1. Bye Week rest. One more week for Troy and the boys to get healthy. One more week for the coaches to prepare the flawless gameplan.
2. Home Field. Steelers are very tough at Heinz and their fans live for these games. There will only be a speckle of purple. Opposing fans are always sparse at Heinz.
3. Big Ben. It's not always pretty, but he gets the job done. He's 8-2 all time when starting against the Ravens.
4. Run D. Is awesome this year. No run game for the Ravens, means Joe Cool is going to have to throw to win in a Hostile, bad weather, pressure packed game.

bdravens
01-11-2011, 03:39 PM
I don't know dude. I hate the Pats and all, but watching the Ravens go to the Super Bowl would be just as bad. I like being the big bully in the AFC North.
Watching my 2 most hated teams with the winner getting a trip to the Super Bowl. Where is that throwup emoticon when I need it.

No hard feelings, we feel pretty much the same way haha. I think it would be impossible to root between the Pats/Steelers, buuuuut I guess I would lean toward division rep...which sickens me to think about. I find it hilarious that everyone is already counting the Jets out.

Atlanta Dan
01-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Thanks for posting:drink:

Steelers-Ravens today is like 70s Raiders-Steelers (not quite that violent but the rules have changed:chuckle:)

As the late great Dwight White said about the Raiders in this great clip around the 30 second mark "when I look back and really think about it they [are] the closest thing to us."

kSwP1HNU8aQ&feature=related

And the Patriots are the arrogant 70s Cowboys:chuckle:

4G63
01-11-2011, 03:58 PM
1. Bye Week rest. One more week for Troy and the boys to get healthy. One more week for the coaches to prepare the flawless gameplan.
2. Home Field. Steelers are very tough at Heinz and their fans live for these games. There will only be a speckle of purple. Opposing fans are always sparse at Heinz.
3. Big Ben. It's not always pretty, but he gets the job done. He's 8-2 all time when starting against the Ravens.
4. Run D. Is awesome this year. No run game for the Ravens, means Joe Cool is going to have to throw to win in a Hostile, bad weather, pressure packed game.

I'll bite.

Todd Heap will be the key for a Ravens win. He was sorely missed in the game in Baltimore, for both his catching and blocking ability. Also, I wouldn't dismiss McGahee in the run game. While Ray Rice is great out of the backfield catching passes, he doesn't have the success McGahee does in the running game.

I expect the usual knock-down, drag-out type of game and hopefully Cam Cameron calls a quality game. It should be interesting to see if Polamalu has the same type of impact this game like he did in Baltimore. He was non-existent during the game in Pittsburgh at the beginning of the season but obviously had the play of the game last month.

bdravens
01-11-2011, 04:01 PM

But, bdravens seems pretty cool so far. I'll give him that. Now if we can start getting him to engage in some intelligent football talk between Ravens and Steelers fans instead of this Ravens are the greatest of all time and the Steelers have no chance horse crap we've been hearing from that other idiot.

So how about it bdravens. Why don't you give us a few reasons why your team will come into Heinz and leave with a win? And we can tell you why they won't. You can even start a new thread if you like.

I'll give you a few advantages I see for us.

Our advantages:
1. Flacco. Flacco is coming off quite possibly his best game of the season, even his career. Our running game was 0, so we relied on his arm to win us a meaningful game, despite not playing against the best team.
2. Run D. Yes, we faltered somewhat against Jamal Charles, but he has proven himself to be one of the best in the game. There's no reason to believe that it will happen again, but you never know. Apparently all we have to do is get MT. Cody to squash a RB like he did last week to stop them, lol.
3. Team plays well on road: In Flacco's rookie season, he led us into MIA and TEN and came out with wins. I think coming into such a hostile environment of Heinz Field in a huge game may have played with his mind somewhat. Last year, we weren't given a chance in NE, but we blew them out. Last week, he played his best playoff game, so he's hot right now.
4. D-Line. If they can get to Ben, you have a problem. Suggs played his career game against you all last game, and if he had just gone for the sack on the game winning drive instead of the strip, who knows what could have happened. Ngata is obviously a force, as Ben knows :wink02:
5. Heeeaaaap!/Rice. Heap shredded a fairly good KC secondary last week, and proved that when our WR can't get open, we can trust Ray Ray or Heap to get us big plays.

On the other note, I pray to god that Cam Cameron calls another good game like last week. If any of you check out our forums at BR.com, there's a lot of hate on that guy over there.

kirklandrules
01-11-2011, 04:03 PM
True. 100% Fag. I've seen a couple other threads on here, and personally I find it hard to believe that some fans on here think it's shaping up to be a complete blowout. I know it's normal to say that one's team will win and kick the other team's ass, but history in this series says otherwise since Flacco/Harbaugh have arrived. We don't fare well against Roethlisberger, but the games are always close now that we have our own franchise QB.

Games like this make me wish our franchise was around longer than 1996-present. Imagine this rivalry if we had been here around 1990, even though it hadn't technically been that long since the Indianapolis professional football team left.

Don't worry about how long these two teams have been banging heads, this is the gold standard of football rivalry. Both teams have consistent relevance and a tough approach to how they abuse the opposition.

NoFieldFive
01-11-2011, 04:07 PM
I'll bite.

Todd Heap will be the key for a Ravens win. He was sorely missed in the game in Baltimore, for both his catching and blocking ability. Also, I wouldn't dismiss McGahee in the run game. While Ray Rice is great out of the backfield catching passes, he doesn't have the success McGahee does in the running game.

I expect the usual knock-down, drag-out type of game and hopefully Cam Cameron calls a quality game. It should be interesting to see if Polamalu has the same type of impact this game like he did in Baltimore. He was non-existent during the game in Pittsburgh at the beginning of the season but obviously had the play of the game last month.

not sure if first ravens game or not but earlier in the year Troy was playing more coverage and Timmons took over his roll of blitzes/being free etc. Once Troy went back into his normal role his production picked back up

StainlessStill
01-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Hey Steeler fans, just wanted to wish you guys good luck this weekend. All we know is, there's no secrets between these two teams, and I expect it to be one of those 3 point type games like usual.

Good luck man, always a breath of fresh air other than insulting one another. Thanks. In my opinion, it shouldn't be any other way. This is what the NFL is all about. May the best team on Saturday win! (which would be us ;) ):tt04:

As for the game, watching the Chiefs completley collapse the pocket on the Ravens and Flacco made any Steelers fan smirk. Flacco seemed to be running for his life in bits and hit the turf often before the Chiefs decided they wanted to go home in the second half. If Flacco wants to think he's going to escape the pocket and rush like he did against the Chiefs, he's in for a rude of awakening. The landscape of our entire defense, esp our line-backing core, are quicker and more athletic, let alone more vicious than the Chefs. If the Chefs can collapse the Ravens front line, we will have a field day since our game picked up on both sides of the ball since our last meeting.

I expect Flacco and the Ravens offense to attack us the exact same way as last time. Taking the underneath and attacking our sidelines and coming up with chunks of yardage along the way and getting Rice in space. Heap is going to have to be obtained because I don't think Flacco knows how to utilize the weapons around him the way any elite QB like Brady would. I like our chances tormenting Flacco.

stb_steeler
01-11-2011, 04:25 PM
C'mon Saturday!!! :popcorn:

davidtrout
01-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Good to see a couple of Raven fans with something relevant to say.

Heap is a big difference maker, as we are well aware. But unlike KC, the Steelers will not leave the middle of the field wide open all day and they can generate a much better pass rush than the Chiefs did. We have the LBs to limit Heap's production as well as Troy, who no doubt will be keeping a close eye on him.

I love these games and do not expect an easy victory but I do think we will win. Points will be at a premium as usual and turnovers will probably be the difference once again. My main concern (outside of a win) is injuries. We tend to beat each other up pretty bad and I hope that isn't the downfall going into the AFCCG. For whoever wins.

Fire Arians
01-11-2011, 04:32 PM

I know what you mean, but I hate tom brady more than the entire ravens team combined. To see him win his #4 and put in the same company as bradshaw and montana would make me irate

StainlessStill
01-11-2011, 04:44 PM
1. Flacco. Flacco is coming off quite possibly his best game of the season, even his career. Our running game was 0, so we relied on his arm to win us a meaningful game, despite not playing against the best team.

If anything, I'd say Flacco is your biggest worry, esp his track record against defense's like the Steelers. He may have come off one of his best performances, which is another reason why I think he is your biggest worry. Seeing the Steelers defense the week after seeing the Chiefs defense is going to be very ego-crushing. Flacco knows what he's going to see and I feel he'll always come through with the big turnover and melt when the pressure's on.

2. Run D. Yes, we faltered somewhat against Jamal Charles, but he has proven himself to be one of the best in the game. There's no reason to believe that it will happen again, but you never know. Apparently all we have to do is get MT. Cody to squash a RB like he did last week to stop them, lol.

Historically, the Ravens and Steelers seem to gear up to stop the run against each other yearly so I would agree with you here that both teams may not be able to run it. With that said, the Steelers have a better shot at success since we are going to pound the Mendenhall nail regardless while I think the Ravens will spread us out more often than we would Balty. We'll see!

3. Team plays well on road: In Flacco's rookie season, he led us into MIA and TEN and came out with wins. I think coming into such a hostile environment of Heinz Field in a huge game may have played with his mind somewhat. Last year, we weren't given a chance in NE, but we blew them out. Last week, he played his best playoff game, so he's hot right now.

Baltimore posts a 7-1 record at home this year, while posting only a 5-3 record on the road. Flacco's W-L record against the Steelers is 2-4, two of those wins coming against Dennis Dixon in '09 and Charlie Batch in '10. If anything, the Steelers homefield and the 5,000 plus added seats could be a difference. Pittsburgh is a tough place to play.

I agree with stopping Heap. Over the years, the Steelers ALWAYS had trouble with defending other teams receiving tight-ends with big bodies and Heap could give us fits. It's something that I worry about since Heap always comes through and Flacco seems to like him. You may have Heap, but we also have HEAAAATH (who I predict to be the MVP of the playoffs.)

Should be a helluva, wild game! Can't wait.

steelers33
01-11-2011, 04:44 PM
I hate both the Ratturds and the cheats. It is to dam hard to pick one of these teams to go to the Super Bowl.

jizzballz
01-11-2011, 05:20 PM
we came off our biggest win in 2008 week 15 against the ravens, gave us the divison.

went to our second most important match against tennessee for the #1 seed and we got raped big time, i believe all this momentum stuff is such bullshit.

I believe we will win this game, but oh boy, we will have to work for it as always. good luck, not really just trying to be nice, and if we do lose god forbid, i will be rooting for the patriots, i have to much hatred for division rivals.

bdravens
01-11-2011, 05:22 PM
If anything, I'd say Flacco is your biggest worry, esp his track record against defense's like the Steelers. He may have come off one of his best performances, which is another reason why I think he is your biggest worry. Seeing the Steelers defense the week after seeing the Chiefs defense is going to be very ego-crushing. Flacco knows what he's going to see and I feel he'll always come through with the big turnover and melt when the pressure's on.

Historically, the Ravens and Steelers seem to gear up to stop the run against each other yearly so I would agree with you here that both teams may not be able to run it. With that said, the Steelers have a better shot at success since we are going to pound the Mendenhall nail regardless while I think the Ravens will spread us out more often than we would Balty. We'll see!

Baltimore posts a 7-1 record at home this year, while posting only a 5-3 record on the road. Flacco's W-L record against the Steelers is 2-4, two of those wins coming against Dennis Dixon in '09 and Charlie Batch in '10. If anything, the Steelers homefield and the 5,000 plus added seats could be a difference. Pittsburgh is a tough place to play.

I agree with stopping Heap. Over the years, the Steelers ALWAYS had trouble with defending other teams receiving tight-ends with big bodies and Heap could give us fits. It's something that I worry about since Heap always comes through and Flacco seems to like him. You may have Heap, but we also have HEAAAATH (who I predict to be the MVP of the playoffs.)

Should be a helluva, wild game! Can't wait.

Only if Heath can get the name "McClain" out of his head from last game. Just kidding, that was a nasty hit that I was utterly shocked didn't get flagged.

Fire Arians
01-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Only if Heath can get the name "McClain" out of his head from last game. Just kidding, that was a nasty hit that I was utterly shocked didn't get flagged.

if i was the ravens' coach, i'd tell them to go helmet to helmet against all of our guys. they flag us all day for hitting defenseless receivers, helmet to helmet penalties but never the other guys. hell it took ben getting chin checked by richard seymour for the refs to throw a goddamn flag

Nevermore
01-11-2011, 05:39 PM
I have to agree with my fellow Raven fans. I think Heap will make a huge difference, along with having Ed Reed firing on all cylinders again.

I'm very excited to see what happens when we both have ALL of our team together. This game will finally start (and hopefully end) with both teams showing their best. First game you didn't have Ben. Second game, we didn't have Heap. Everyone should be suiting up to have the final showdown.

I think Joe will do well. He has been playing pretty well and was lights out at KC. I know we always compare Joe v. Ben, but Ben wouldn't have had anything to do with the game winning drive we put together in the first meeting. I think it is much more a question of defenses. Troy makes an amazing play to beat us the second round. It will come down to one huge play by a key player to decide this one. Just like it always does.

Here's to a kick ass game!! I have to say though, I'll be cheering for the Pats if the Steelers win. The fiancee is from Boston. I think it is in the pre-nup!!

Go Ravens!

MaidenIndiana
01-11-2011, 05:51 PM
I have to say though, I'll be cheering for the Pats if the Steelers win. The fiancee is from Boston. I think it is in the pre-nup!!

No offense but that might be your first hint not to marry that chick????:noidea:

Nevermore
01-11-2011, 06:05 PM
She's got other redeeming qualities, I assure you!! But it is difficult. It was a good thing we were not together for the Ravens / Pats game this year. I'm pretty sure I would have been single again!

Plus at the end of the day, I REALLY hate you guys, so anyone is better in the Superbowl than Pittsburgh!!! :wink02::drink:

ricardisimo
01-11-2011, 06:36 PM
I'll say this much: kudos to Flacco for actually helping to win a playoff game. He normally does his best to try to lose it for you, and then Ray and Ray have to bail him out. Whether or not he can keep that up for two straight is another matter.

Steelers 24, Ravens 17.

bdravens
01-11-2011, 06:38 PM
if i was the ravens' coach, i'd tell them to go helmet to helmet against all of our guys. they flag us all day for hitting defenseless receivers, helmet to helmet penalties but never the other guys. hell it took ben getting chin checked by richard seymour for the refs to throw a goddamn flag

I was glad to see Harrison's fines get reduced, honestly. It is literally impossible to avoid helmet to helmet hits in the NFL these days.

Fire Arians
01-11-2011, 06:42 PM
I have to say though, I'll be cheering for the Pats if the Steelers win. The fiancee is from Boston. I think it is in the pre-nup!!

No offense but that might be your first hint not to marry that chick????:noidea:

lol i dated a chick who was a pats fan, that didn't last long.

didn't help that i wore this shirt when i watched the pats vs steelers a couple years back when we beat them at foxboro

http://justamemo.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/rumplo_bernard_graph_red.jpg

Nevermore
01-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Nice!

Yeah... I brought her to a Ravens game a couple weeks ago and my buddy and I were basking in the fact the Browns were stomping the Pats (updates from the scoreboard). She didn't think it was very nice!! Oh well. Like I said though, despite the dislike, I have agreed to at least not cheer against the Pats unless they are playing the Ravens. I'll let you know how that goes after the first year!!

bdravens
01-11-2011, 07:23 PM
I have to say that this is the first time that I actually feel good about coming to Pittsburgh. I feel confident that we can finally win a meaningful game against you all. However, you just never know with us. If our defense plays like we did Sunday, I can't see us losing honestly.

MaidenIndiana
01-11-2011, 07:52 PM
I have to say that this is the first time that I actually feel good about coming to Pittsburgh. I feel confident that we can finally win a meaningful game against you all. However, you just never know with us. If our defense plays like we did Sunday, I can't see us losing honestly.

Yeah but remember you're not going to be playing Kansas City this Saturday:tt04:

StainlessStill
01-11-2011, 08:01 PM

Matt Cassel targeted a wide receiver like, twice during the whole game. Sometime is telling me that Roethlisberger and that Steelers offense won't be so inept, especially since Ben earned his pay check going 80-90 yards on that Ravens D before, multiple times. I understand you're stoked about winning a playoff game and winning it big, but the Chiefs were so horribly bad and looked like a JV team at best that I hope that Ravens fans won't expect that to be duplicated this Saturday or it'll be a long fall from grace.

bdravens
01-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Matt Cassel targeted a wide receiver like, twice during the whole game. Sometime is telling me that Roethlisberger and that Steelers offense won't be so inept, especially since Ben earned his pay check before going 80-90 yards on that Ravens D before, multiple times. I understand your stoked about winning a playoff game and winning it big, but the Chiefs were so horribly bad and looked like a JV team at best.

I understand. It wasn't necessarily stat based, but little things, like we got decent pass rush in the 2nd half where we usually struggle defensively. It's no comparison between KC and the Steelers. Just happy with how we played all around.

stb_steeler
01-11-2011, 08:07 PM
KC shouldnt have even made it that far...but then again, any givin Sunday! :drink:

StainlessStill
01-11-2011, 08:08 PM
I understand. It wasn't necessarily stat based, but little things, like we got decent pass rush in the 2nd half where we usually struggle defensively. It's no comparison between KC and the Steelers. Just happy with how we played all around.

A win is a win is a win. If I were you dude, I'd be pumped as hell as well, I wouldn't care who we beat. Your team gave you the right to be fired up, I applaud that.

Fire Arians
01-11-2011, 08:46 PM

i don't mean to piss on your cereal but I watched that game closely and didn't think the ravens played well. The chiefs turning the ball over 5 times was why the score was what it was. They're gonna have to protect flacco a lot better than they did last sunday if they're up against the steelers or it's gonna be ugly for you guys.

Hirsch
01-11-2011, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE=

Games like this make me wish our franchise was around longer than 1996-present. Imagine this rivalry if we had been here around 1990, even though it hadn't technically been that long since the Indianapolis professional football team left.[/QUOTE]

Who knew Indy had a professional football team!:rofl:

StainlessStill
01-11-2011, 08:50 PM
i don't mean to piss on your cereal but I watched that game closely and didn't think the ravens played well. The chiefs turning the ball over 5 times was why the score was what it was. They're gonna have to protect flacco a lot better than they did last sunday if they're up against the steelers or it's gonna be ugly for you guys.

I agree. I thought the Chiefs really collapsed the Ravens front and did it with ease. They were a young bunch and just couldn't hold contain of a team that overpowered them in every way shape and form and they still got some mad penetration and got to Flacco.

Jamaal Charles was ripping through the line for like 8 yards per pop at a time during the game so I think the Ravens team has many, many holes as a unit on both sides of the ball. We are way more balanced and play better overall swarming defense.

bdravens
01-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Who knew Indy had a professional football team!:rofl:

I say that instead of "Colts".

steelerchad
01-11-2011, 10:22 PM
I have to agree with my fellow Raven fans. I think Heap will make a huge difference, along with having Ed Reed firing on all cylinders again.

I'm very excited to see what happens when we both have ALL of our team together. This game will finally start (and hopefully end) with both teams showing their best. First game you didn't have Ben. Second game, we didn't have Heap. Everyone should be suiting up to have the final showdown.

I think Joe will do well. He has been playing pretty well and was lights out at KC. I know we always compare Joe v. Ben, but Ben wouldn't have had anything to do with the game winning drive we put together in the first meeting. I think it is much more a question of defenses. Troy makes an amazing play to beat us the second round. It will come down to one huge play by a key player to decide this one. Just like it always does.

Here's to a kick ass game!! I have to say though, I'll be cheering for the Pats if the Steelers win. The fiancee is from Boston. I think it is in the pre-nup!!

Go Ravens!

I think TE play could help decide this one. I know Heap was hurt on the 1st series, but I believe Miller was lost in the 2nd q. Steelers need to take away Heap and make Flacco find his receivers before we can get to him.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-11-2011, 11:17 PM

Lol well the Browns-Steelers rivalry up until 1996 was very competitive and exciting to watch. While the Steelers have gone 21-4 against the new Browns, against the old Browns, the Steelers went 41-52 (including a complete OWNING of the series by the Browns from 1950-1970). Against the Ravens, the Steelers are 20-12.

So personally, I consider the Ravens to be the respectable and always feisty team from Cleveland that the Steelers faced from 1950-1995.

bdravens
01-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Anyone willing to bet against me on the fact that Cowher will pick against the Ravens? I know, you're at home and favored and everything, but I'm not convinced that he would EVER for any reason pick us over the Steelers in any game, no matter what the circumstances.

CaliStillersFan
01-12-2011, 09:50 AM
No hard feelings, we feel pretty much the same way haha. I think it would be impossible to root between the Pats/Steelers, buuuuut I guess I would lean toward division rep...which sickens me to think about. I find it hilarious that everyone is already counting the Jets out.

Gotta support the division no matter what happens. No way anyone from Baltimore or Pittsburgh can possibly cheer for a NY or Boston team to win anything outside of the "Douche Bag Fan Base of the Year Award". I have no problem saying I watch Baltimore every week as long as they are not playing at the same time we are, and I only hate them 2 or 3 times a year (this week being one of them). :chuckle:

Anyone willing to bet against me on the fact that Cowher will pick against the Ravens? I know, you're at home and favored and everything, but I'm not convinced that he would EVER for any reason pick us over the Steelers in any game, no matter what the circumstances.

No if Cowher wants to keep enjoying his celebrity status in the Burg, he will never pick against them.

Good luck to your birds this weekend, Saturday can't get here fast enough.

SacknificentStew56
01-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Good luck to you as well and may the best team win. Is it me or does it seem as if this week is going by slower than normal? The beer is already at it's subzero temperature waiting to be wrapped in a Steelers beer bottle holder.

SoCalFan
01-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Guess I will be the first to say,enough with this nice $hit. I DISLIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE FLYING RATS:poop: AND EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS THEM.STEELERS WILL ALWAYS RULE THE NORTH.BE GONE!!!! (speaking for myself):tt03::sign02:

StainlessStill
01-12-2011, 10:17 AM

Who cares, I stopped listening to all of the pre-game stuff. I get so fired up I can't even listen or read writeups anymore but Cowher picked the Steelers to finish last the past couple years so I don't buy in what they say. Believe it or not, the Ravens are the darling of the media when it comes to the NORTH, every critic always picks the Ravens to go to the Super Bowl or has that advantage over Pittsburgh, including next week. All we hear is how dominant the Ravens are, Flacco and Ray Lewis when the Steelers just kick that ass every year when it counts.

vasteeler
01-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Guess I will be the first to say,enough with this nice $hit. I DISLIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE FLYING RATS:poop: AND EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS THEM.STEELERS WILL ALWAYS RULE THE NORTH.BE GONE!!!! (speaking for myself):tt03::sign02:

THATS MORE LIKE IT:tt04::tt02::tt:

bdravens
01-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Who cares, I stopped listening to all of the pre-game stuff. I get so fired up I can't even listen or read writeups anymore but Cowher picked the Steelers to finish last the past couple years so I don't buy in what they say. Believe it or not, the Ravens are the darling of the media when it comes to the NORTH, every critic always picks the Ravens to go to the Super Bowl or has that advantage over Pittsburgh, including next week. All we hear is how dominant the Ravens are, Flacco and Ray Lewis when the Steelers just kick that ass every year when it counts.

You win the games, but the games since Flacco has come into the league have hardly been ass kickings lol. It digs at us that we can't beat you when it counts, and if it's going to ever happen for Lewis, Reed, Mason and a few other old guys, it's this Saturday. Which is why it can't come soon enough for either side.

StainlessStill
01-12-2011, 11:55 AM
You win the games, but the games since Flacco has come into the league have hardly been ass kickings lol. It digs at us that we can't beat you when it counts, and if it's going to ever happen for Lewis, Reed, Mason and a few other old guys, it's this Saturday. Which is why it can't come soon enough for either side.

Why point out Flacco? These games have been tight and close (aside from maybe 1 or 2 over the years) even when Flacco was a fetus in his moms vagina! Seriously, we respect Baltimore. The hate stems from one of the best, physical rivalries in football, esp between the two fan base's but from a team standpoint, we respect the hell out of the Baltimore Ravens and how they do business. I hope that same respect is felt on the other side because that's what makes these games so special. I don't like the Ravens, actually I loathe the M'fers, but I certainly do respect them.

MNStilllerzFan
01-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Looking forward to another great game between two storied rivals!

Go Steelers!!!

stb_steeler
01-12-2011, 12:39 PM

Your prolly right.....but those guys are just a bunch of tools anyway..:wink02:

bdravens
01-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Why point out Flacco? These games have been tight and close (aside from maybe 1 or 2 over the years) even when Flacco was a fetus in his moms vagina! Seriously, we respect Baltimore. The hate stems from one of the best, physical rivalries in football, esp between the two fan base's but from a team standpoint, we respect the hell out of the Baltimore Ravens and how they do business. I hope that same respect is felt on the other side because that's what makes these games so special. I don't like the Ravens, actually I loathe the M'fers, but I certainly do respect them.

Don't worry about that, its a mutual respect/hate relationship. I point out Flacco because before him, there were blowouts in the series. Just to point out a few recent ones, in '06, we blew the Steelers out twice. In 07', you blew us out in the first game. It just seems that since we got our new coach/QB combo, the rivalry is better because neither team flat out beats the other. It generally comes down to one big play, like the Polamalu INT in the AFC Champ. game, or Flacco's GW pass or Polamalu's strip this year. The games are always tight and thus more exciting to watch. That's just how I feel personally.

StainlessStill
01-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Don't worry about that, its a mutual respect/hate relationship. I point out Flacco because before him, there were blowouts in the series. Just to point out a few recent ones, in '06, we blew the Steelers out twice. In 07', you blew us out in the first game. It just seems that since we got our new coach/QB combo, the rivalry is better because neither team flat out beats the other. It generally comes down to one big play, like the Polamalu INT in the AFC Champ. game, or Flacco's GW pass or Polamalu's strip this year. The games are always tight and thus more exciting to watch. That's just how I feel personally.

It's not how you feel. It's the way it is, haha. Only reason why I say we kick your ass is because we do, and vice versa when you guys beat us. This isn't N.E/Indy, this is Pittsburgh/Baltimore. These games are vicious and a blood-bath 100 times outta 100! So exciting, one of the reasons why I wanted Balty all along.

bdravens
01-12-2011, 01:40 PM
It's not how you feel. It's the way it is, haha. Only reason why I say we kick your ass is because we do, and vice versa when you guys beat us. This isn't N.E/Indy, this is Pittsburgh/Baltimore. These games are vicious and a blood-bath 100 times outta 100! So exciting, one of the reasons why I wanted Balty all along.

We wanted it the same way. Although, I don't think any fan of either team would consider saying "No, we didn't want BAL/PIT". It's nice to have an intelligent conversation with Steelers fans, I have to admit. Aside from a few Steeler guy on our boards, there are the usual ones that come on just to piss us off. It's the same way here, I know. I've seen bobby jr's attempts to piss you all off too. Takes away from good conversation if you ask me.

SoCalFan
01-12-2011, 08:52 PM

:sombrero::tt05:

stlrtruck
01-13-2011, 06:22 AM

Although I feel your prediction is more of what's going to happen but I wouldn't be upset with a solid thumping of the ravens so I could actually enjoy the game and not bite my finger nails to the knuckles and come home with nubs (again).

But good luck (with everything but the score), and may it be a hard clean game with the officials standing on the sidelines! :drink: