PDA

View Full Version : Too bad this weeks game is at "Heinz - THE MORGUE" Field"

wutchy
01-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Because Heinz field is quiet as a morgue during Steeler home games, it's no wonder that the Steelers have a better road record. Steeler Nation comes out to see the Steelers and MAKES-SOME-NOISE, doing the AWAY games.

Unlike Heinz field, when the most noise you hear is a groaning, moaning organ doing that "here we go steelers, here we go" drone.

I've been to steeler road games , and I've been to steeler home games. The steeler nation is much louder - and for the entire game- on the road.

Everytime i go to a game at Heinz field, I always mention to my wife that line Steve Smith made famous "Man. this place is quiet as a library. they must be readin up on Steve Smith".

Heinz field is the quietest stadium in america, hands down. I've been to NFL games all over America. Cinncinati might be the next quietest. I've never been to a Detriot game, but my brother has, he says it reminds him of Pittsburgh , so it must not be too loud.

MAYBE WE NEED CHEERLEADERS!!!!!!

If you think I'm wrong, turn up your volume on your TV during this weeks game, and notice how quiet it is. Even when the players exhort the fans, the most you get is a little short-lived spike in the noise.

Fire Arians
01-11-2011, 06:13 PM
that's a shame, i was planning to fly to pittsburgh to catch a game at the stadium next year. when i go i want it to be louder than shit lol

jizzballz
01-11-2011, 06:14 PM
maybe you need to shut up and stop posting annoying threads!!!!!!!

jesus christ, no offense, so many pointless threads out there nowadays....

tony hipchest
01-11-2011, 06:14 PM
:doh: you gotta be flippin kidding me. :rolleyes:

wheres the cameras? am i being "punked"

:coffee: :jerkit:

wutchy
01-11-2011, 06:24 PM
OBVIOUSLY, you guys don't get to many home games.

At home games, i often have to "lower my voice" when talking to the person to my right or left, so everybody can'y overhear or eavesdrop on my conversations. Sometimes, i even have to whisper to keep things private.

There are a few short lived moments during the game when it gets a little loud, like when a TD happens. But mostly, My wife and I whisper to keep our conversations private during the game.

TOOLofSTEEL
01-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Some stadiums are just louder than others. The way its designed makes the sound ether get louder or quieter. Its not that they are cheering any less its just doesn't bounce around the stadium as long.

tony hipchest
01-11-2011, 06:30 PM
OBVIOUSLY, you guys don't get to many home games.

.i listen to or watch all the games and it is ALWAYS loud.

maybe you just sit in a section where all the people are too busy holding lengthy private conversations with their spouses. :noidea:

ricardisimo
01-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Some stadiums are just louder than others. The way its designed makes the sound ether get louder or quieter. Its not that they are cheering any less its just doesn't bounce around the stadium as long.
Not to mention teams like the Vikings and Seachickens have been caught amplifying their own noise.

wutchy
01-11-2011, 06:37 PM
I always take my vivitar binoculars to the game.
I like to look around the stands to see if i know anybody.

I always get a laugh at the steeler fans. They sit there with thier arms folded across their chests. Or leaning forward resting their elbows on their knees. Maybe 1% will be standing and lettin it all hang out.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes the towels come out, and you see thousands of towels waving, but its usually pretty quiet as the towels wave. TOWEL WAVING DOESN'T MAKE ANY NOISE!

Fire Arians
01-11-2011, 06:39 PM
ok this guy's obviously trolling now

tony hipchest
01-11-2011, 06:40 PM

!maybe the steelerfans are all too busy scanning the field with their vivitar binoculars looking for people they know than actually watching the game.

:noidea:

finesward
01-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Any pics of the wifey :wink02:

Take it back, I'll hit it on the blind :tt04:

MattsMe
01-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Try spending more time cheering loudly and less time whispering to your wife. Maybe it will catch on. :noidea:

TailgateMel
01-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Whatever negative Nancy... :blah: I've been to many, many, games (split the seaons with my bro and try to get tickets whatever way I can for the ones I don't have)... it gets LOUD...

ZbZ1E9VMOyQ

Seems all you like to do is push buttons in here... :noidea: :blah:

wutchy
01-11-2011, 06:51 PM

On Saturday, watch and listen. Thats why I posted the thread, to bring it to the fans attention. THE PROOF IS IN THE VIEWING. WATCH AND LISTEN.

mesaSteeler
01-11-2011, 06:54 PM
I agree and it's also a pointless thread. After all where should we play the game B-more?

wutchy
01-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Whatever negative Nancy... :blah: I've been to many, many, games (split the seaons with my bro and try to get tickets whatever way I can for the ones I don't have)... it gets LOUD...

ZbZ1E9VMOyQ

Seems all you like to do is push buttons in here... :noidea: :blah:

COME ON MAN! YOU GONNA USE THE BIGGEST PLAY OIF THE YEAR TO TRY TO PROVE ME WRONG???!!!

I'M SURPRIZED YOU DIDN'T TRY TO USE THE IMMACULATE RECEPTION AGAINST ME.

LukesDad88
01-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Because Heinz field is quiet as a morgue during Steeler home games, it's no wonder that the Steelers have a better road record. Steeler Nation comes out to see the Steelers and MAKES-SOME-NOISE, doing the AWAY games.

Unlike Heinz field, when the most noise you hear is a groaning, moaning organ doing that "here we go steelers, here we go" drone.

I've been to steeler road games , and I've been to steeler home games. The steeler nation is much louder - and for the entire game- on the road.

Everytime i go to a game at Heinz field, I always mention to my wife that line Steve Smith made famous "Man. this place is quiet as a library. they must be readin up on Steve Smith".

Heinz field is the quietest stadium in america, hands down. I've been to NFL games all over America. Cinncinati might be the next quietest. I've never been to a Detriot game, but my brother has, he says it reminds him of Pittsburgh , so it must not be too loud.

If you think I'm wrong, turn up your volume on your TV during this weeks game, and notice how quiet it is. Even when the players exhort the fans, the most you get is a little short-lived spike in the noise.

Really? I thought you watched the games at a sports bar with $1.00 bottles and free food:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=891317&postcount=120

[ I watch all the games every week at the local sports bar. [they have $1.00 bottles and free food]. They have 15 big screens. I always sit where i can watch the Steelers, and a couple other teams that I like to watch.

Get lost, troll.

Merchant
01-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Just stop talking. This is the dumbest thread since the one about Smith being overrated.

skinart82
01-11-2011, 07:48 PM
That video just gave me chill bumps.......DO IT AGAIN TROY!!!! Oh and to the troll....How About A Nice Cup Of Shut The F%@K UP!!!!

Nevermore
01-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Just stop talking. This is the dumbest thread since the one about Smith being overrated.

There was a thread about Smith being overrated? I didn't hear about that one. There was some creepy dude sitting next to me whispering into my ear.... :rofl:

TOOLofSTEEL
01-11-2011, 08:07 PM
There was a thread about Smith being overrated? I didn't hear about that one. There was some creepy dude sitting next to me whispering into my ear.... :rofl:

:chuckle:

SteelCityMom
01-11-2011, 08:16 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UdxYSPBFtYM/SY30usgz_gI/AAAAAAAAALo/1oRireep_Xs/s400/What_The_Shit.jpg

bigchuck
01-11-2011, 08:27 PM
maybe this guys only been to preseason games??? playoffs and big games are always super loud, this guys a troll just looking to cuase trouble, give him the banhammer

steeltheone
01-11-2011, 08:28 PM

Smith is overrated!:rofl:

realdeal
01-11-2011, 09:07 PM
This Butchy is a complete tool troll!! He's probably a closet Gaytriots fan!!

Cmon, what kind of "private" conversations are you having with your wife at a Steelers game?

Tell her you are gay already!! lol

stb_steeler
01-11-2011, 09:13 PM

I always get a laugh at the steeler fans. They sit there with thier arms folded across their chests. Or leaning forward resting their elbows on their knees. Maybe 1% will be standing and lettin it all hang out.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes the towels come out, and you see thousands of towels waving, but its usually pretty quiet as the towels wave. TOWEL WAVING DOESN'T MAKE ANY NOISE!

I dont know what games you been to but i left there a few times with my ears ringing. :doh:

StainlessStill
01-11-2011, 09:13 PM
How many facepalms do I have to commit today? Has this clown ever been in Heinz Field? I promise you that I've been to countless number of Steelers games in Heinz and lets just say I haven't seen on person ever sit on their hands. If you want to talk morgue, then head over to Cleveland, Ohio! I was at that game 2 weeks ago and while we were on offense, I counted about 23 pin-needles hitting the ground!

Heinz Field has fantastic energy and gets very crazy at times, esp on 3rd downs and when the defense comes up with a huge play for a loss, a sack, INT, etc. Heinz is a tough place to play in.

stb_steeler
01-11-2011, 09:16 PM
How many facepalms do I have to commit today? Has this clown ever been in Heinz Field? I promise you that I've been to countless number of Steelers games in Heinz and lets just say I haven't seen on person ever sit on their hands. If you want to talk morgue, then head over to Cleveland, Ohio! I was at that game 2 weeks ago and while we were on offense, I counted about 23 pin-needles hitting the ground!

Heinz Field has fantastic energy and gets very crazy at times, esp on 3rd downs and when the defense comes up with a huge play for a loss, a sack, INT, etc. Heinz is a tough place to play in.

Some people......looks like a attention getter to me dude.

Stlrs4Life
01-11-2011, 10:25 PM

First of all, I don't think we are the loudest fans in the NFL, but not the Quitest. I don't believe you have ever been to 1 game at Heinz. I'm a Season ticket holder in 522. And believe me, we hardly ever sit down up there. By far it was noisier at 3 Rivers, because of the Bowl effect. But we are far from the queitest.

steelerchad
01-11-2011, 10:58 PM
First of all, I don't think we are the loudest fans in the NFL, but not the Quitest. I don't believe you have ever been to 1 game at Heinz. I'm a Season ticket holder in 522. And believe me, we hardly ever sit down up there. By far it was noisier at 3 Rivers, because of the Bowl effect. But we are far from the queitest.

I'm a ticket holder as well and as much as I hate to say it, Heinz is a little quiet. It's not the crowd, but the design of the stadium. I've been to lots of other NFL stadiums to see the Steelers and Heinz is probably the 2nd quietest I've been to.

I've been to:
Redskins
Ravens
Browns
Bengals
Titans
Dolphins
Vikings
Panthers
Rams

Loudest I've been to - Metrodome by far.
Quietest was Cincy.

tony hipchest
01-11-2011, 11:47 PM

I'm a ticket holder as well and as much as I hate to say it, Heinz is a little quiet. It's not the crowd, but the design of the stadium. I've been to lots of other NFL stadiums to see the Steelers and Heinz is probably the 2nd quietest I've been to.

so in other words the open ended stadium reduces crowd noise?

there we have it folks! scientific evidence that the OP's premise in this thread is idiodic, ignorant, and misguided. :applaudit:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-11-2011, 11:55 PM
This year, I went to these Steelers home games:
Browns (loud and crazy for Big Ben)
Patriots (Not a lot of yelling because it was a blowout)
Raiders (loud and crazy until garbage time)
Panthers (easy win. renegade didn't even play)

I went to the Bills game on the road. It was also loud but not as good as at home.

wutchy
01-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Pre-game at Heinz is a little loud as the crowd does a little pump. But once the game starts it gets real quiet.

I'm happy that i started this thread. Now, after kick-off on Saturday, turn your volume WAY UP so you can hear some crowd noise.

I've been at games in Denver, Tennessee, DC, Buffalo, Baltimore, Massachucetts, North Carolina and Tampa. ....... "ALL" of those places were so loud that I felt compelled to compare them to Da Burgh. Go to a game in Denver and you can get an appreciation for the 12th man phenom. And Buffalo. IT REALLY DOES HAVE AN IMPACT!

All you haters can come back here during the game on saturday and see if you have the balls to repeat your insults cast my way.

IN MOST NFL STADIUMS, THE CROWD GET LOUDEST WHEN THE HOMETEAM IS DOWN. IN PITTSBURGH, IF THE STEELERS GET DOWN A POINT, EVERYBODY JUST SITS THERE WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO ENTERTAIN THEM. WATCH HOW EASY THE CROWD GETS TAKEN OUT OF IT IF THE RAVENS SCORE A FIELD GOAL FIRST.:wave:

wutchy
01-12-2011, 12:15 AM
so in other words the open ended stadium reduces crowd noise?

there we have it folks! scientific evidence that the OP's premise in this thread is idiodic, ignorant, and misguided. :applaudit:

IF THE RAVENS SCORE FIRST ON SATURDAY, I'LL BE BACK HERE TO TALK ABOUT THE LIBRARY, MORGUE ATMOSPHERE IN HEINZ FIELD.

YOU CAN APOLOGIZE FOR THE IGNORANT,MISGUIDED , IDIOTIC COMMENT THEN.
THANK YOU

MikeHaullace
01-12-2011, 12:16 AM
James Harrison is going to be fined for this thread. :popcorn:

ZoneBlitzer
01-12-2011, 01:17 AM
I've noticed the rather quiet crowd as well at Heinz field - well that's the way it comes across on TV. I think the Steelers home crowd is devoted and all but they have a 'show me' attitude.

Fire Arians
01-12-2011, 01:21 AM
James Harrison is going to be fined for this thread. :popcorn:

:sofunny:

tony hipchest
01-12-2011, 01:59 AM
IF THE RAVENS SCORE FIRST ON SATURDAY, I'LL BE BACK HERE TO TALK ABOUT THE LIBRARY, MORGUE ATMOSPHERE IN HEINZ FIELD.

YOU CAN APOLOGIZE FOR THE IGNORANT,MISGUIDED , IDIOTIC COMMENT THEN.
THANK YOU

SO YOU WOULD LIKE THEM TO CHEER LIKE MINDLESS RAIDERFANS EVERYTIME AN OPPONENT SCORES ON THEM???

THERES A REASON THE STEELERS ARE ONE OF A VERY SELECT FEW WHO DONT NEED GIRLS IN SKIRTS AND POM POMS TO TELL THEM WHEN TO CHEER (WHICH IS ALWAYS).

I HOPE THE DEAFANING SILENCE DOESNT INTERFERE WITH YOU AND THE HORSE WHISPERER TAKING PANORAMIC PHOTOS OF THE PITTSBURGH SKYLINE.

MattsMe
01-12-2011, 02:01 AM
Is it loud in here or is it just me?

Wallace108
01-12-2011, 02:18 AM
Is it loud in here or is it just me?

It can't possibly be loud in here ... we're Steelers fans. :noidea:

Buddha Bus
01-12-2011, 02:19 AM
It can't possibly be loud in here ... we're Steelers fans. :noidea:

Shhhhhhhhhh! Keep it down. You'll wake the neighbors.

btaylor179
01-12-2011, 07:06 AM
shhhhhhhhh i hear gay people!

Rick5895
01-12-2011, 07:42 AM
I was at the Falcons game and it was insane also at the Carolina game , it was a blowout and easy win but contrary to one poster, they did play renegade. The thread starter here has contradicted himself saying he goes to games on here but he say he watches all the game from a sports bar (on another thread), but really who cares, the guy (or gal) is getting what they want. and they are stirring up the pot. This person will post a nonsensical thread again, best thing to do is ignore the thread.

SuperSteelers
01-12-2011, 12:01 PM
This year, I went to these Steelers home games:
Browns (loud and crazy for Big Ben)
Patriots (Not a lot of yelling because it was a blowout)
Raiders (loud and crazy until garbage time)
Panthers (easy win. renegade didn't even play)

I went to the Bills game on the road. It was also loud but not as good as at home.

They did play Renegade at the Panthers game in the second half.

StainlessStill
01-12-2011, 12:02 PM
They did play Renegade at the Panthers game in the second half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLASW8R0aLg&feature=related

Steelers/Panthers RENEGADE!

steelax04
01-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Really? I thought you watched the games at a sports bar with $1.00 bottles and free food:

Get lost, troll.

Still no comment on your own comment you watch the games at a sports bar, wutchy?

SacknificentStew56
01-12-2011, 01:45 PM
I won't believe this until I experience my first game at Heinz field for myself. I've been to four games in Baltimore and three in Denver and I can't tell the difference. Maybe it's just me.

StainlessStill
01-12-2011, 02:00 PM
I won't believe this until I experience my first game at Heinz field for myself. I've been to four games in Baltimore and three in Denver and I can't tell the difference. Maybe it's just me.

Dude, don't listen to this guy! He's classifying the crowd noise probably by 45 year old speakers in his local pub on a rainy afternoon on a 2X4 television set! Heinz Field is a great experience. I love the crowd and energy that I walk away with. Awesome.

tanda10506
01-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Seems pretty damn loud to me, especially for the big games. It's not a dome you know?

StainlessStill
01-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Look at all these fans sitting on their hands! What terrible, worthless fans we have here in Pittsburgh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC0rbvl7VNY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyGH5VvUuHc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lApmvWkwj20&feature=related

SacknificentStew56
01-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Dude, don't listen to this guy! He's classifying the crowd noise probably by 45 year old speakers in his local pub on a rainy afternoon on a 2X4 television set! Heinz Field is a great experience. I love the crowd and energy that I walk away with. Awesome.

I was just jokin' with that post. I'm a Steeler FANATIC and one loud MOFO when it comes to cheering the Steelers from the time I wake up on gameday until after the game win, lose, or draw. I wasn't listening to his words which went in one ear and out the other. I bet Heinz is an experience like no other and I might kiss the ground inside the stadium once I attend my first game there. :tt04:

LVSteelersfan
01-12-2011, 02:50 PM
EPIC FAIL FOR THE TROLL!!!!!

http://lvphcwm.tripod.com/Images/failboat.jpg

Steel Duck
01-12-2011, 03:21 PM

I think you have mistaken Heinz field for PNC park!!!!
I couldn't hear myself think at Heinz field!!! WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???????????????????????????????:doh:

Steel Duck
01-12-2011, 03:22 PM
EPIC FAIL FOR THE TROLL!!!!!

http://lvphcwm.tripod.com/Images/failboat.jpg

LOL:applaudit:

MDSteel15
01-12-2011, 03:41 PM

Get lost, troll.

Nice catch! :tt03:

stlrtruck
01-12-2011, 03:44 PM
I don't know what games you were at this year, but I was at the jets game and from where I sat it was pretty loud. Maybe you need hearing aides or something?

MDSteel15
01-12-2011, 03:49 PM
I don't know what games you were at this year, but I was at the jets game and from where I sat it was pretty loud. Maybe you need hearing aides or something?

Scott! And you didn't pick me up on the way? How rude...lol

TRH
01-12-2011, 04:10 PM
obviously a troll post.
Like someone said, different stadiums have different sound dynamics. I've been to various NFL stadiums for games, and the crowd in Pittsburgh is in fact one of the most vocal and most active....Easily. I don't even have to elaborate further.

I have no idea what this person is trying to accomplish with this post.

stlrtruck
01-13-2011, 07:20 AM
Scott! And you didn't pick me up on the way? How rude...lol

That isn't my fault you weren't at my mom and dad's house the Saturday morning I left at 5:30. Maybe you should have checked yourself on FB and realized I was back in town (I can't do all the work).

steelax04
01-13-2011, 09:39 AM
Dude has totally abandoned his own thread. Troll defined.

Fastandfaster17
01-13-2011, 09:50 AM
I don't know about you all, but my vocal chords will be shattered for the next week after this game. I think this guy just feels bad because he sits on his ass the whole game while looking at his fantasy football stats.

vasteeler
01-13-2011, 11:56 AM
its true heinz field is quieter than three rivers but thats not because of the fans, as im sure has been pointed out

MattsMe
01-15-2011, 04:45 PM
The crowd noise is pretty obvious today, on every play. Even Greg Gumbel mentioned "over 65,000 NOISY fans."

This thread fails.

shevdog
01-18-2011, 06:46 PM
I smell a troll.

I was at the Ravens game on Saturday. We were loud, as always. Thing is it gets so loud the crowd needs to hush when Ben is under snap. So that explains any quiet you hear during the game.

Maybe it was were I was sitting, yet too much purple showed up this time. Shouldn't be any green where my seats are on Sunday.

So to guarentee there is noise coming out your tv set, I will lose my voice this Sunday!

Here we go Steelers!

SH-Rock
01-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Just put renegade up in that bitch and we'll be fine.

mesaSteeler
01-18-2011, 07:30 PM
I smell the stench of TROLL! Ban this loser troll and lets go back to having fun.

MasterOfPuppets
01-18-2011, 08:38 PM
I smell the stench of TROLL! Ban this loser troll and lets go back to having fun.
agreed..i need the points....:chuckle:

Jackal
01-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Honestly, guys, I'm not a troll...you can read my prior posts to see that...but Wutchy has a bit of a point. I've been to a ton of games at Heinz, and several games at other stadiums, and Heinz Field is far from being among the loudest stadiums in the league. It can get loud at times, but the noise level isn't consistently that high. It could be the stadium's open-ended design, but I see the same thing at Pens games, as well. It seems to me that Pittsburgh fans are more focused than other fans, and certainly more knowledgeable, but they're just not as consistently loud as others.

Incidentally, I was also at the Steelers-Redskins Monday Night game in 2008 when Steeler Nation forced them into a silent count in their home stadium...it was one of my proudest moments as a fan. :)

mesaSteeler
01-18-2011, 09:29 PM
agreed..i need the points....:chuckle:

Bring out your BAN stick!

steelerchad
01-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Honestly, guys, I'm not a troll...you can read my prior posts to see that...but Wutchy has a bit of a point. I've been to a ton of games at Heinz, and several games at other stadiums, and Heinz Field is far from being among the loudest stadiums in the league. It can get loud at times, but the noise level isn't consistently that high. It could be the stadium's open-ended design, but I see the same thing at Pens games, as well. It seems to me that Pittsburgh fans are more focused than other fans, and certainly more knowledgeable, but they're just not as consistently loud as others.

Incidentally, I was also at the Steelers-Redskins Monday Night game in 2008 when Steeler Nation forced them into a silent count in their home stadium...it was one of my proudest moments as a fan. :)

I was there at the Skins game also and it was awesome. I'm also a ticket holder at Heinz and it is one of the quieter stadiums as I stated earlier. I believe it's because of the size of the stadium only 64k and the open end letting all the sound leak out.

I think the extra seats for the playoffs helped with the Ravens game both from a head count standpoint and closing in the open end some.

StainlessStill
01-18-2011, 11:38 PM
I go to about 6-7 games a year in Heinz and think it measure's up well. I've been to a few other stadiums as well and even though Heinz Field can't get as loud as those stadiums off of architectural build, I believe Heinz Field holds more energy. Energy and noise are two different things. You literally feel it in the stadium on Sunday's and you could tell Pittsburgh is a tough place to play whether it be elements, the towels, the rabid fans or the city landscape.

With that said, I've been to some key LOUD games, very loud. One's that measure up, esp last week. As far as the extra added seats making it "louder" because of more people, that's not the case. Heinz Field holds 65+. Only 64,000 plus made it out (which shocked the living shit out of me) and it was the LOUDEST it's ever been.

I expect this week to be a FORCE in the stands.

Rick5895
01-19-2011, 05:42 AM
From where I sat at home during the Ravens game it was pretty damn loud, especially when they played Renegade