PDA

View Full Version : Vick looking to go mobile in 2006

DIESELMAN
04-20-2006, 08:20 PM
Paul Newberry, of the Associated Press, reports Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick delivered a message to the rest of the NFL: Get ready to face the real No. 7 this year. "I want to be mobile," he said. "I want to be Michael Vick. I want to play my game." Vick wore a brace on his knee for much of the 2005 season, which forced to cut back on his one-of-a-kind running ability. Eager to atone for the disappointing season, Vick has been an avid participant in the Falcons' off-season program for the past month. It's time well spent, giving him a chance to work with new quarterback coach Bill Musgrave and develop a rapport with WRs Michael Jenkins and Roddy White, who've been in the league a total of three seasons. In 2005, Vick fell off to 597 yards on the ground, which put more of a spotlight on Atlanta's mediocre passing game. "My knee was bothering me all year," he said. "I never cried about it. I never complained about it. I just tried to do the best I can for the team. Now, I'm 100 per cent healthy. I'm where I used to be." Also, Musgrave has been focusing on Vick's footwork and trying to get him to put more touch on his throws.

tony hipchest
04-20-2006, 09:35 PM
. Eager to atone for the disappointing season, Vick has been an avid participant in the Falcons' off-season program for the past month. It's time well spent, giving him a chance to work with new quarterback coach Bill Musgrave and develop a rapport with WRs Michael Jenkins and Roddy White,

in the words of chris rock

"........always wantin credit for sumthin you s'posed to do"

4 years into the league and hes finally starting to get it, that practicing and studying might help.

Ambridge
04-20-2006, 11:04 PM
In other words Vick plans on going back to the "Dumb-downed" version of the Falcons offensive playbook that he's more comfortable with.

klick81
04-21-2006, 02:21 AM
I feel bad for the Falcons receivers.

mymaveric
04-21-2006, 09:43 AM
I feel bad for the Falcons receivers.

Or anyone who drafts them in a fantasy league....

steelerdude
04-21-2006, 09:59 AM
I don't think a QB can be successful by just running it himself all the time. You have got to be able to throw as well. Otherwise teams will just devise a plan to contain him, and if he can't throw in that situation, your team is f****d.

83-Steelers-43
04-21-2006, 10:02 AM
I don't think a QB can be successful by just running it himself all the time. You have got to be able to throw as well. Otherwise teams will just devise a plan to contain him, and if he can't throw in that situation, your team is f****d.

Yep Steelerdude. History doesn't lie.

mymaveric
04-21-2006, 10:03 AM

I agree 100%. Unfortunatly many coaches and gms seem to fall in love with the idea that it's sexy to have a quarterback that can beat you with his mobililty, so much so that they don't put the time and emphasis into making sure that their passing game is up to snuff. A guy that can move around and knows when to run is a good thing, like you guys have with Roethlisberger, but I'lll pass on qbs like Vick. They'll never get you anywhere.

DIESELMAN
04-21-2006, 12:12 PM
I can't wait to see who the dumbass is going to be who picks up his brother Marcus...LOL

Suitanim
04-21-2006, 01:00 PM
Let's see...That means instead of 2400 passing yards with 15 throwing TD's, and 600 rushing yards with 6 rushing TD's, he'll have 2000 passing yards with 10 throwing TD's and 850 rushing yards with 8 rushing TD's.

I'm sure everybody in Atlanta is real happy to hear it.

mymaveric
04-21-2006, 02:17 PM
I can't wait to see who the dumbass is going to be who picks up his brother Marcus...LOL

Probably the Raiders if they can't get Vince Young... :rolleyes:

MattsMe
04-21-2006, 08:27 PM
In other words Vick plans on going back to the "Dumb-downed" version of the Falcons offensive playbook that he's more comfortable with.

:sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
04-21-2006, 09:54 PM
It still amazes me how the media still pimps this guy to no end. In the last twenty years of football, I have never seen the media pimp a player as much as they have this guy.

Suitanim
04-22-2006, 09:18 AM
And I'm now confused. All I've heard is that THIS is the year that Vick shows us all he can be an effective pocket passer, and now he's telling everyone he's gonna run the ball? I'd say the Falcons were trying to confuse other teams, but I don't think Vick is smart enough to pull something like that off.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-22-2006, 03:36 PM

I am sure with the Raiders and Ravens commitment to lack-of-character he is high on both of thier draft boards.It just depends on which team wants the loser more.

Personally I hope the Ratbirds draft him,so he can get drilled twice a year by the Steelers defense.

"Hey Marcus,when did you first realize you were really a QB in the NFL?"

"The first time I played the Steelers.Joey Porter sacked me so hard I lost my glock that I had in my belt,Ray Lewis told me to carry a knife but I like guns better,then Joey gave me Da Boot.Well,then Troy Polamalu intercepted me three times and sacked me twice.After that Casey Hampton sacked me,that guy is BIG."

mymaveric
04-24-2006, 11:30 AM
"Hey Marcus,when did you first realize you were really a QB in the NFL?"

"The first time I played the Steelers.Joey Porter sacked me so hard I lost my glock that I had in my belt,Ray Lewis told me to carry a knife but I like guns better,then Joey gave me Da Boot.Well,then Troy Polamalu intercepted me three times and sacked me twice.After that Casey Hampton sacked me,that guy is BIG."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MichiSteeler
04-28-2006, 08:10 PM
I hate mike vick, always have. Hes the most over-hyped over-rated player in the NFL. I cant stand him or people who think hes good.

QBs THROW the ball!! not RUN it!!!!

clevestinks
04-29-2006, 09:05 AM
It still amazes me how the media still pimps this guy to no end. In the last twenty years of football, I have never seen the media pimp a player as much as they have this guy.
Never pimp a guy so much that is that overrated, is how I feel