PDA

View Full Version : "It" He's got it....

desertsteel
04-20-2006, 09:40 PM
Man I'm cranked up about the potential of Ben this season. I used to watch him in College as I was a huge Marshall fan and hated Miami Oh. But dang, I always had to admit to my friends that he put Pennington and Leftwich to shame. I remember watching him against Marshall in winds that were 45 mph and he was whipping the ball wherever he wanted that night. He had like 4 TDs in the first half. I saw that same QB in the playoffs this year. Now that he's been on the big stage - the SB - I predict that we repeat next year and the same progress Ben showed in the playoffs (due to experience) will be the same growth he has next year - can you say SB MVP? Really, compare the playoffs last year to his SB this year. Now take that same parallel and apply it to next year's SB... can you see it? I'm telling you, he's got the "it" factor like Brady and Montana.

siss
04-20-2006, 10:36 PM
The thought does make you all giddy in side doesnt it?

klick81
04-21-2006, 01:59 AM
Oh yeah...he's only about to start his THIRD SEASON!!!! Freakin' amazing.

SteelR1
04-21-2006, 03:25 AM
I cant wait, IS IT SEPTEMBER YET????

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2006, 01:45 PM
I still get goose bumps everytime I sit back and think.. for over 2 decades we didnt have a full time, top notch, game taking over potential, SB winning QB, to call our own. Ever since Bradshaw we've dealt with the likes of stoudt, woodley, brister, odonnel, tomczak, etc. All the while having a champship caliber defense, running game, OL, TE, decent WR's but nobody to ever pull the trigger.

Damn Im so glad we have Ben !!

Suitanim
04-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Whew, there's some serious man-love going on in this thread...Brokeback SF style.

I'm happy with our QB, but not THAT happy about him:cool:

rgleason
04-21-2006, 04:04 PM
big ben is the man, im just hoping he can get stay healthy the entire year and get a chance to put up the numbers we all think he is capable of. (26-30 tds/ 8-10 ints, 3000+)

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-21-2006, 04:28 PM
brokeback or not i love the fact that we have ben

klick81
04-21-2006, 05:14 PM
I love how the term "brokeback" has caught on. I feel sorry for any real cowboys out there. LOL...everytime i see one, i think, "that's some brokeback shit!" :sofunny:

beSteelmyheart
04-21-2006, 06:22 PM
Whew, there's some serious man-love going on in this thread...Brokeback SF style.

I'm happy with our QB, but not THAT happy about him:cool:

Don't worry, alot of lady Steeler fans love him, too, in our own special way.:love:
(must...stop..dirty old lady thoughts...)

3 to be 4
04-21-2006, 06:36 PM
I love how the term "brokeback" has caught on. I feel sorry for any real cowboys out there. LOL...everytime i see one, i think, "that's some brokeback shit!" :sofunny:

its true, between the Village People and "Brokeback Mountain", dressing like a cowboy means you're gay! kinda sad :bouncy:

bigbensgirl7
04-21-2006, 08:50 PM
It is a great feeling knowing we have a great quarterback and finally some stability!!!

siss
04-21-2006, 09:41 PM
ohthe Ladies love Ben. And no worries about the dirty old lady thoughts (im young and I have them!) And us ladies are also glad we have him on our team too!
Really I swear!!!

83-Steelers-43
04-21-2006, 09:44 PM
Yes, it's nice to have Ben Roethlisberger.

clevestinks
04-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Yes, it's nice to have Ben Roethlisberger.
Yes very nice, he could look like Courtney Love and I `m still happy as all get out, that we have him

3 to be 4
04-22-2006, 12:11 PM
oh man, are men in Western Pennsylvania having to explain to their wives their love for Ben the way men in New England have been for Tom? "Honey, its a different kind of love altogether! I know i called his name out but its about fooootball!!!!"

siss
04-22-2006, 12:53 PM
I dont know about that but I told my fiance that Ben is on the short list of people I would leave him for!

RoethlisBURGHer
04-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Having Ben is what took this team from an AFCCG loser to a Super Bowl winner.

He's got a few more SB's to win.

SteelerzGirl
04-22-2006, 03:50 PM
I absolutely love Ben as our QB because I have complete faith in him, but as far as hotties go, I think Troy and Heath are hotter. :smile:

desertsteel
04-22-2006, 03:52 PM
oh man, are men in Western Pennsylvania having to explain to their wives their love for Ben the way men in New England have been for Tom? "Honey, its a different kind of love altogether! I know i called his name out but its about fooootball!!!!"
So is it kind of like when Jerry was "dating" Keith Hernandez, but had to break up due to Keith asking him to help him move too soon in the relationship? That was a great episode.

3 to be 4
04-22-2006, 04:39 PM
except i would help Tom Brady move. And i have a bad back.