PDA

View Full Version : shaun alexander cover athlete for madden 07

Steelersfan4life0655
04-21-2006, 12:45 AM
I dont know about the rest of you, but i am glad that shaun alexander got the cover athlete for next years madden game. hear me out on this, the reason why is look at all the past cover athletes and the season they had. Most of them had some sort of injury that may have cost their team in some way. call me superstitious but i wouldnt want one of our guys being part of that madden curse.

klick81
04-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Yep, i'm just glad it wasn't a Steeler.

83-Steelers-43
04-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Like I stated in another thread pertaining to the Madden 07 cover, I don't believe in any type of jinx or curse. I wanted to see him on the cover. All in time.

steelerdude
04-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Glad that crisis is over.

PisnNapalm
04-21-2006, 08:51 AM
I don't believe in that curse crap either... I wanted a Steeler on the cover. I'll be getting Madden '07 when it's out. But.... Maybe it's the "honor" given to SB losers. heh

83-Steelers-43
04-21-2006, 08:56 AM
I don't believe in that curse crap either... I wanted a Steeler on the cover. I'll be getting Madden '07 when it's out. But.... Maybe it's the "honor" given to SB losers. heh

lol good point. They should have put Holmgren on there so we wouldn't have to hear his monthly baby rant.

Suitanim
04-21-2006, 12:06 PM
Regardless, he'll be 29 this year, has had over 1700 NFL carries and almost 200 receptions, and is entering this year minus the offensive line's lynchpin with the departure of Hutch to the Vikes...and he's also never really had any kind of significant injury in his pro career.

I would not at all be shocked if "The Madden Curse" claimed another victim.

Haiku_Dirtt
04-21-2006, 02:10 PM
It still helps his cause playing each of the three NFC West creampuffs twice. The Steelers won the same number of games last year as all three of those teams combined.

The 49ers made a nice move to get two first round picks this draft. I bet they are thinking defense.

Milkman
04-21-2006, 03:31 PM
Grats to Alexander!

May the Madden Curse collect it's next victim! Mwah hahahahahaha!

RoethlisBURGHer
04-22-2006, 02:02 PM
He's gonna suffer a horrible injury early in the season (sometime in pre-season or the first three weeks of the regular season) and it'll all be on Brokeback's (oops I mean Hasslebeck's) broken back to carry the team in the defense of thier NFC Championship.

Brokeback won't be able to handle the pressure and though being in the weak NFC (and even weaker NFC West) they will probally make the playoffs,they won't make it to the NFCCG.