PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward is the key to victory

moedap
01-12-2011, 09:58 AM
The team that has had the best third down conversion effiency has been the winner between the Steelers and the Ravens. Ben and Arians should look to get the ball to Hines Ward because he is the only receiver on the team with enough experience against the Ravens to find the holes if they go zone and is wily enough to get open if they go man to man. I would have said Heath Miller but I have a feeling he will be forced to stay in a provide pass protection.

theplatypus
01-12-2011, 10:06 AM
If they play us in zone coverage then Hines is a viable option, probably not so much in man coverage.

Rick5895
01-12-2011, 10:10 AM
If they play us in zone coverage then Hines is a viable option, probably not so much in man coverage.

I agree, also, I believe that Hines difference maker days are behind him. He can be a good compliment now and I hope he sticks it out one more year, but in this game I think Heath is more of a key to victory. He holds the safety down in coverage should allow Mike to get deep once or twice.

CaliStillersFan
01-12-2011, 10:17 AM
I wouldn't expect much from Hines this weekend, the Ravens usually bracket him out of the passing the game, but at least that strategy opens things up for Sanders and Miller over the middle.

SacknificentStew56
01-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Experience will be key during this game and the vets know it. I believe the speed of the young guys will help out and make a difference. But a delayed release here and there to Hines or Heath after throwing a block or two should be thrown in the offensive mix.

grward
01-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Experience will be key during this game and the vets know it. I believe the speed of the young guys will help out and make a difference. But a delayed release here and there to Hines or Heath after throwing a block or two should be thrown in the offensive mix.

And could be deadly later in the game as their D will need to decide which to defend first.

moedap
01-12-2011, 12:03 PM

If they go man to man they have to better yet they better bracket Mike Wallace. Just as everyone else is saying Hines has lost a step I think the Ravens will only bracket him if we are in the red zone.

SoCalFan
01-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Hes always the key to victory!!!

ZoneBlitzer
01-12-2011, 12:17 PM
I think the key will be with the young receivers and this includes Wallace. If they can make a few big plays, the Steelers should do well. I am concerned that the weaknesses on the offensive line will be exposed. The Steelers need to be ready to make quick adjustments to compensate for ineffective personnel.

OX1947
01-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Big Ben is the key. The defense will do what they do, however Big Ben is the engine that will decide how far and if the Steelers can win number 7.

StainlessStill
01-12-2011, 01:01 PM
HEATTTTTTTTTTTTTH!!!!

SteelWolf62
01-12-2011, 01:18 PM

If they go man think Wallace would be the key?

plenewken
01-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Big Ben is the key. The defense will do what they do, however Big Ben is the engine that will decide how far and if the Steelers can win number 7.

Ben's not the only key to victory but he's definitely more critical than Ward. The Defense will impact this game more than the offense, as it does in the majority of our critical games. This is Steelers football.
Let's not underestimate our Special Teams either. Field position starts with them and it will be critical in this weather.

wutchy
01-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Hines is a third down hitch route reciever anymore. Ben will look for him on third and long, but he will be doubled up. Heath will have to beat the LB's, hopefully on first down sometimes.
Steelers should be game planning for third and long. I'd like to see Randall-El get the ball a few times and do something crazy. We need a crazy third and long package. Even if its just Ben doing a roll or waggle to buy some time.
On third and long, I'd like to see ARE line up in the backfield and take a pitch-out and make a play.

RavensFan20
01-12-2011, 06:03 PM
I would say Mendenhall is the Key. If you can get some yards on the ground in this game it will go a long way in field position and setting up the big play.

Hines will get his catches as will Mason.