PDA

View Full Version : Poo pooing the Ravens not legit

thumper
01-12-2011, 04:36 PM
I have spoke to a lot of Steeler fans who say things like "Balt.
isn't that tough. They beat a really bad KC team who had nothing
to offer. They should have lost to Cinci and barely beat the Browns.
I don't think they are that good. Pgh is much better and should win
fairly easy."

I do not agree. Not at all. First of all, they exposed KC as a limited
team, as had Oakland had done a week before. KC is horrible if
they have to complete passes downfield. And once Balt. made them
have to do so, they were exposed as impotent in the passing game.
All KC could really do was run and do screen passes. Balt. made
them listless but it takes a good D to make them so. KC showed
they could beat teams this year, but they were limited.

As far as barely beating Cinci or Cleveland, a win is a win. And
inter-division match ups are often close.

I feel Balt. is a good team. A team capable of beating Pgh. I still
give Pgh a slight edge, but either team could realistically win this
game. It will most likely be a fist fight like usual.

Flacco is playing well, Rice is good, Heap is healthy and proving
very productive again, Boldin is a factor, and Ray Lewis is
still Ray Lewis, 35 or not; he is still making a difference, hitting
opponents, causing fumbles, etc.

I am glad the Steelers themselves are not taking Balt. lightly as
some of my buddies are.

Fire Arians
01-12-2011, 04:38 PM
**** the ravens

theplatypus
01-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Anyone that says the Ravens aren't any good isn't paying attention. They're basically a mirror image of the Steelers.

Buddha Bus
01-12-2011, 04:52 PM
I hate the Ravens, but they will ALWAYS play us tough and are not to be taken lightly. This game, make no mistake, will be an all out war this Saturday. It will not be a blowout as much as I'd like to see it (in favor of the Steelers, of course!). It will come down to who makes that one crucial mistake, one big play or who makes the needed field goal to put them over the top. It will be tight and physical with the winning team having earned every bit of it.

btaylor179
01-12-2011, 04:58 PM
def not an easy game.....none of them are......can't the nfl just put us in the super bowl without playing anyone?lol

RavensFan20
01-12-2011, 05:00 PM
One problem with us is we played down to our opponents and that made us look bad. All division games are tough especially in the begining and middle of the season. That problem seems to be behind us and we are ready for the SB run.

The Ravens are a tough team and no one wants to play us.

There is a reason the Pats are hoping the Steelers win as we match up very well with them and the steelers dont. Just like we did not want to play the Colts.

Fastandfaster17
01-12-2011, 05:06 PM
The Ravens are a very good team, and are hungry to beat us in the playoffs.

Just read this stat:
Since 1970 the steelers are 8-0 in the playoffs against division opponents and 2-0 against the ravens.

They want to beat us, its going to be a hard hitting game

More than anything though I think its being hyped up as a hard game, when really it will be Ben and Joe who will win this game on finesse and passing. Neither team has ever been able to run on one another, ray rice is getting all his yards through the quick check down up the middle, and mendenhall has had very little production against the ravens. This game is going to come down to our secondary shutting them down, and Ben having enough time to find our receivers...which should mean that you should be looking for sanders and brown to step it up this week.

First time poster, sorry if it was to long.

Lets go kick some raven ass.

bdravens
01-12-2011, 05:17 PM
It's gonna be a bloodbath, that's for sure. May the last man(in this case, team) standing come out on top and hopefully, eventually represent our division in the super bowl. Good luck guys.

thumper
01-12-2011, 05:18 PM
The Ravens are a very good team, and are hungry to beat us in the playoffs.

Just read this stat:
Since 1970 the steelers are 8-0 in the playoffs against division opponents and 2-0 against the ravens.

They want to beat us, its going to be a hard hitting game

More than anything though I think its being hyped up as a hard game, when really it will be Ben and Joe who will win this game on finesse and passing. Neither team has ever been able to run on one another, ray rice is getting all his yards through the quick check down up the middle, and mendenhall has had very little production against the ravens. This game is going to come down to our secondary shutting them down, and Ben having enough time to find our receivers...which should mean that you should be looking for sanders and brown to step it up this week.

First time poster, sorry if it was to long.

Lets go kick some raven ass.

:thumbsup:

thumper
01-12-2011, 05:20 PM
It's gonna be a bloodbath, that's for sure. May the last man(in this case, team) standing come out on top and hopefully, eventually represent our division in the super bowl. Good luck guys.

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but I don't like the chances of beating
NE - either of us.

Buddha Bus
01-12-2011, 05:21 PM

It pains me to say this, but I'd rather see the Ravens in the Super Bowl than the Pats* again.... just not winning it. :chuckle:

steeltheone
01-12-2011, 05:41 PM
It pains me to say this, but I'd rather see the Ravens in the Super Bowl than the Pats* again.... just not winning it. :chuckle:

No Way...Our arch enemy!

StainlessStill
01-12-2011, 06:29 PM

Dude, you're something else. Where the hell did you come from? Very odd to see a respectful Birdie fan come into here. If you're not playin and phonying on us, then you're welcome here anytime. Seriously, it's always good to talk football, esp rivarly football to the ones to take it seriously out of respect. I kind of feel dirty not yelling at you! haha.

Rock on dude and may your team lose! ;)

bdravens
01-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Dude, you're something else. Where the hell did you come from? Very odd to see a respectful Birdie fan come into here. If you're not playin and phonying on us, then you're welcome here anytime. Seriously, it's always good to talk football, esp rivarly football to the ones to take it seriously out of respect. I kind of feel dirty not yelling at you! haha.

Rock on dude and may your team lose! ;)

It's not worth talking smack. I talked smack, especially in '06 when we got our asses kicked by Indy, so I don't do it much anymore. I'd rather talk good football with a rival team than come here and bash for a day, and then leave. I'm not playing you, don't worry haha. Just stay for a day on our forums, and see some of the ridiculous people that come for one day to talk shit and then are never heard from again. Like I've said, there are some ridiculously respectful Steeler fans that I can actually have a conversation with, so I guess maybe it rubbed off?:noidea:

StainlessStill
01-12-2011, 06:35 PM
It's not worth talking smack. I talked smack, especially in '06 when we got our asses kicked by Indy, so I don't do it much anymore. I'd rather talk good football with a rival team than come here and bash for a day, and then leave. I'm not playing you, don't worry haha.

Good call. I did the same thing last year in our first game against Cincy on Go-Bengals. I usually go on other teams boards and have the same attitude as you, just to talk in a great football discussions but Cincy fans turned it foul pretty quick so I played with them all week. Not good, they swept us that year. But looking forward to talkin within the week!

bdravens
01-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Good call. I did the same thing last year in our first game against Cincy on Go-Bengals. I usually go on other teams boards and have the same attitude as you, just to talk in a great football discussions but Cincy fans turned it foul pretty quick so I played with them all week. Not good, they swept us that year. But looking forward to talkin within the week!

Definitely. I've gone on other team's boards before games, but its not the same as a rival's board, so I thought i'd test it out haha.

steelerschik
01-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Definitely. I've gone on other team's boards before games, but its not the same as a rival's board, so I thought i'd test it out haha.

I'd like to echo what Stainless Steel said, you represent your fanbase well and that's so refreshing. Good, intelligent, thought out posts...who knew, lol! Welcome.

I also would like to echo the thoughts of it being a GREAT game on Saturday, I think the best of the whole weekend. All you hear about is the Pats/Jets and Steelers/Ravens...not too much about the NFC at all. Who cares tho, they're boring. And as far as the Jets/Pats, LOL, I don't even see that one being close. Our game is gonna be the one to watch, as always! So with that in mind I will say right now if the Steelers lose Saturday, I will root for the Ravens t\o beat the Pats, I don't care if it's by 1 point or 20, just do it. I may not like the Ravens, but I respect the franchise. Can't say the same for the Pats...not one ounce of respect for that team.

joeyssteelcurtain
01-12-2011, 07:20 PM

Thats a no it will be 24-10 The steelers

bdravens
01-12-2011, 07:35 PM

*Sigh*...:bringit:

steelers33
01-12-2011, 07:56 PM
It will be a tough game no doubt whatsoever. The Ravens are a very good yet hated team, but honestly the Steelers have the slight edge with a better qb and slightly better D.

RavensFan20
01-12-2011, 08:48 PM

You probably have not watched the past 6-8 times these two teams have played.

The game will be decided in the 4th quarter like always

sharkweek
01-13-2011, 04:06 AM
Not to get ahead of ourselves, but I don't like the chances of beating
NE - either of us.

especially after we beat each other up

ideally we needed to have one of us go to Foxboro to try and lay some pain on NE to either knock out or at least rough them up for the AFCCG

I'll root for the Jets but I don't have much hope after their abysmal 45-3 destruction.

Buddha Bus
01-13-2011, 07:36 AM
You probably have not watched the past 6-8 times these two teams have played.

The game will be decided in the 4th quarter like always

So you're saying the Steelers will be down 10-3 going into the 4th? :hunch: :heha:

steelerchad
01-13-2011, 07:58 AM

As much as I'd like to, I don't think I can do it. You've been a good poster, but if the Ravens beat the Steelers Saturday I don't think I can bring myself to hope for the Ravens to go to the Super Bowl. I just can't. Too much hatred. Too much animosity. Too much pride. Too much jealousy if that were to happen.

I'll be an instant NFC fan if the Pats and the Ravens are in the Championship. Forgive me.

Edman
01-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Both fanbases need to lay off the poo-pooing.

As already said by OP, The Rats are a good team. Yeah, they feasted on a inexperienced KC team last week, but that's what they should have done. Kansas City was a Cinderella team that caught lightning and promptly got smoked by the experienced Ravens.

But, at the same time, we've been hearing a lot and hype out in Baltimore, poo-pooing the Steelers and their accomplishments. We didn't beat any good teams, We got lucky last time, the Steelers aren't that good, etc. Confidence is one thing, but in a series so evenly matched like Steelers/Ravens, it's a total crapshoot.

That said, I predict something different about this game. This next Steelers/Ravens battle is not going to be decided by three points or less. I say one of these teams will win handily Saturday. Who? We'll just have to find out.

zulater
01-13-2011, 12:44 PM
The Ravens are a damn good team. If they weren't in our division they would probably be among my favorite teams, because I like the style of football they play.

bdravens
01-13-2011, 01:54 PM
As much as I'd like to, I don't think I can do it. You've been a good poster, but if the Ravens beat the Steelers Saturday I don't think I can bring myself to hope for the Ravens to go to the Super Bowl. I just can't. Too much hatred. Too much animosity. Too much pride. Too much jealousy if that were to happen.

I'll be an instant NFC fan if the Pats and the Ravens are in the Championship. Forgive me.

I feel the same way. I know I said "hopefully", but there isn't an ounce of blood in my body that would allow me to ROOT for the Steelers or Patriots.

kirklandrules
01-13-2011, 04:49 PM
I feel the same way. I know I said "hopefully", but there isn't an ounce of blood in my body that would allow me to ROOT for the Steelers or Patriots.

I could bring myself to root for the Ravens, but not those damned cheating Pats. Guess I'd rather brag that the AFC North produces championships than to laugh at a respected foe losing the big game.

I don't think this will be a blow out nor a very close game. I think the Steelers win this one by 7. Not saying the Ravens couldn't pull off the victory, but just going with the trend that says they have not won a playoff game in the 'Burgh. The Rats seem to come up on the wrong end of the score when Ben is starting. But they've been great games and I expect this one will be fun to watch as well.

bdravens
01-13-2011, 05:00 PM
If anything, if the Jets advanced and so did the Steelers, I would 100% be against the Jets. Not root for you, but hope your defense tears Sanchez to shreds. I couldn't stand to see that dirty beaner win a super bowl before us.

thumper
06-20-2011, 12:51 PM
If anything, if the Jets advanced and so did the Steelers, I would 100% be against the Jets. Not root for you, but hope your defense tears Sanchez to shreds. I couldn't stand to see that dirty beaner win a super bowl before us.

Your wish was the Steelers command. :sofunny:

DanRooney
06-20-2011, 02:19 PM
One problem with us is we played down to our opponents and that made us look bad. All division games are tough especially in the begining and middle of the season. That problem seems to be behind us and we are ready for the SB run.

There is a reason the Pats are hoping the Steelers win as we match up very well with them and the steelers dont. Just like we did not want to play the Colts.

Why don't we want to play the Colts? Peyton doesn't scare me at all. He's horrid against 3-4 teams.

thumper
06-20-2011, 02:22 PM
especially after we beat each other up

ideally we needed to have one of us go to Foxboro to try and lay some pain on NE to either knock out or at least rough them up for the AFCCG

I'll root for the Jets but I don't have much hope after their abysmal 45-3 destruction.

None of us had much hope, but that's why they play the game.

stb_steeler
06-21-2011, 09:26 AM

Steelers arent afraid to play the Ravens.......Isnt it usually the Ravens that dont want to Play the Steelers?........