PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor/Morey Re-sign with Steelers

83-Steelers-43
04-22-2006, 04:25 AM
Steelers | Morey re-signs with team
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:27:08 -0700

Mike Prisuta, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports Pittsburgh Steelers restricted free agent WR Sean Morey signed his one-year tender worth $721,600.

Steelers | Taylor re-signs with team
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:26:47 -0700

Mike Prisuta, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports Pittsburgh Steelers restricted free agent CB Ike Taylor signed his one-year tender worth $1.57 million.

83-Steelers-43
04-22-2006, 04:38 AM
No long-term deal for Ike? I would think they would want to lock him up long term at this point in time.

PisnNapalm
04-22-2006, 10:07 AM
I hope they try to lock up Ike in a deal.

During the Super Bowl... Right before Ike's interception I looked at my buddy and said "You watch. Ike's gonna pick one soon." It was like 2 plays later when he did.

Ike is gonna get better. I like him.

clevestinks
04-22-2006, 10:34 AM
I`m a little shocked that it was just a one year deal for Ike?????

Morey,,, Yawner

Midnightwriter1
04-22-2006, 01:01 PM
he had to sign the one year tender because no team picked him up, is a nice bump up for him... the Steelers are prolly still working on a longer term deal with him and get done by this summer.

melroseplace
04-22-2006, 01:57 PM
glad to hear we resigned Ike, even if it is only for a year. I'm sure they'll work something more extended out..

Koopa
04-22-2006, 02:24 PM
bah!! i have a feeling ike's gonna be a bastard and leave next year, if he does i hope he's a flop

RoethlisBURGHer
04-22-2006, 02:32 PM
I am glad we are getting him back,and I think we'll work something out with him before the season starts.

Haiku_Dirtt
04-22-2006, 03:40 PM
bah!! i have a feeling ike's gonna be a bastard and leave next year, if he does i hope he's a flop

I AGREE. The mere fact that he doesn't have a long term deal by now tells all. He must want Troy Polamalu money before even Troy gets it.

Business is business. Let the draft play out. Ike has no choice but to bust his butt this year if he wants to prove he's worth a fat contract from another team. So good for us.

If I had to bet, they like McFadden enough to let Ike go.

SteelerzGirl
04-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Ike being re-signed is great news! I like him. :smile:

Ambridge
04-22-2006, 08:01 PM
If I'm correct Morey signed for the NFL vet minimum for his number of years in the league??
Wasn't he grumbling about testing the water in the free agent market a month or so ago??
I guess Sean got hit with a dose of reality.

83-Steelers-43
04-22-2006, 08:03 PM
If I'm correct Morey signed for the NFL vet minimum for his number of years in the league??
Wasn't he grumbling about testing the water in the free agent market a month or so ago??
I guess Sean got hit with a dose of reality.

From what I recall reading, he turned down an offer from the Steelers a few months back.

klick81
04-22-2006, 09:45 PM
bah!! i have a feeling ike's gonna be a bastard and leave next year

Man, i hope not :redface:

Prosdo
04-23-2006, 01:09 AM
I kind of thought Ike would have gotten around a 3 year deal.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-23-2006, 01:44 AM
They had to make sure they signed Ike to atleast a 1 yr deal to ensure they dont have any problems keeping him around while they work on a long term deal. The negotiations are not done i would imagine, and If I know the Steelers, they'll be looking to ink Taylor to a longer term contract probably during or just before camp starts.

Morey is a great signing too, he's a ST demon and with El gone now we need all the help we can get on ST to make sure they stay a strength for us.

SteelShooter
04-23-2006, 02:42 AM
I AGREE. The mere fact that he doesn't have a long term deal by now tells all. He must want Troy Polamalu money before even Troy gets it.

Business is business. Let the draft play out. Ike has no choice but to bust his butt this year if he wants to prove he's worth a fat contract from another team. So good for us.

If I had to bet, they like McFadden enough to let Ike go.

I like Ike...really I do. But I just have the same feeling as a bunch of you, that he is just waiting to punch the big paycheck ticket. One more decent year this year should do it for him.

But that's fine! As someone else quoted, he MUST perform to get the big payoff...GOODNEWS FOR US! And besides, I really like Bryant McFaddin. He was GREAT as a rookie in the playoffs.........I was impressed with him.

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-23-2006, 09:44 AM
That no other team would give up a first round pick for him says alot but I still would not be surprised to sign a long term deal. If not to EL with him!!!