PDA

View Full Version : Joe Flacco Thinks He's "Pretty Darn Good"

Atlanta Dan
01-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Flacco apparently has decided to become a fan of himself

In a Thursday appearance on ProFootballTalk Live, Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco fielded a question from the Internet-hack-turned-radio-show-not-yet-on-radio host regarding the fact that we don’t hear Flacco’s name when folks recite the names of the young franchise quarterbacks in the NFL.

Does it bother him?

“Every now and then, I guesss it can get to you a little bit, if you let it,” Flacco said. “But the bottom line is I have confidence in my abilities, and I’m pretty sure where I stand about what kind of player I am.”

Flacco was careful to point out that he doesn’t want to knock any of the other quarterbacks, but he was willing to acknowledge

“If you look at our schedule the last three years, we’ve had to play one of the toughest schedules in the league, if not the toughest. So, believe me, I know where I stand with myself, I think I know where my teammates stand with me. . . . I’m pretty confident in my abilities, I think I’m pretty darn good.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/13/joe-flacco-thinks-hes-pretty-darn-good-and-hes-right/

Here is the video

-DIETlxquzY

Can you imagine Brady, Rodgers, or the Steelers #7 needing to go public this week build up their own self esteem like this?:noidea:

bdravens
01-13-2011, 07:17 PM
He was asked a question, so he answered it. It's not like he came out and wanted to let the whole world know. It was an interview.

TOOLofSTEEL
01-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Nitpicking crap people say makes me foam at the mouth kinda rage.

To much time until gameday, just shows how in our head both teams are to one another. Gonna be a knock down drag out fight, regardless who says they think their dog is cuter.

Atlanta Dan
01-13-2011, 07:29 PM
He was asked a question, so he answered it. It's not like he came out and wanted to let the whole world know. It was an interview.

Of course it was an answer to a question - there were alternatives - such as

Question - "Does it bother you"

Answer - No

Instead we get my teammates respect me and "I think I am pretty darned good" - sorry to read your QB has self-esteem issues:chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
01-13-2011, 07:31 PM
kordell stewart guaranteed he'd be in the hall of fame as a QB.... the only one dumb enough to believe him was cowher.. :banging:

MasterOfPuppets
01-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Nitpicking crap people say makes me foam at the mouth kinda rage.

can you translate that please ? :sofunny:

NJarhead
01-13-2011, 07:41 PM
I don't have a problem with what he said. What's he supposed to say? "Yea, I'm not as good as those other guys." He didn't say, "I'm awesome."

MasterOfPuppets
01-13-2011, 07:42 PM
I don't have a problem with what he said. What's he supposed to say? "Yea, I'm not as good as those other guys." He didn't say, "I'm awesome."
is honesty a bad thing ? :sofunny:

bdravens
01-13-2011, 07:42 PM

Warden! Is that you? (From the Ravens boards?)

jizzballz
01-13-2011, 07:44 PM

hes pretty darn good at throwing interceptions, let see if he's pretty darn good at not falling off a stretcher cart on his way out of heinz field. :tt04::tt04::tt04:

NJarhead
01-13-2011, 07:48 PM
is honesty a bad thing ? :sofunny:

haha.

NJarhead
01-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Warden! Is that you? (From the Ravens boards?)

Si. Don't get over here that much anymore. Some good friends here though.

bdravens
01-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Si. Don't get over here that much anymore. Some good friends here though.

Sweet, sweet. I like most of em so far, haha.

bdravens
01-13-2011, 08:01 PM
hes pretty darn good at throwing interceptions, let see if he's pretty darn good at not falling off a stretcher cart on his way out of heinz field. :tt04::tt04::tt04:
Really? Because he was one of the least-intercepted quarterbacks in the league this year, that played a respectable amount of games. Nice try though.

1/28/01
01-13-2011, 09:31 PM

Wardy? That you? :)

Edit- just saw that it is.....

bdravens
01-13-2011, 09:57 PM

1/28/01? Is that you, too!?!?!?

NJarhead
01-13-2011, 10:12 PM

1/28/01? Is that you, too!?!?!?

Hey, hey, "why are you (both) here?"

lol. j/k.

mcg24
01-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Really? Because he was one of the least-intercepted quarterbacks in the league this year, that played a respectable amount of games. Nice try though.

Troy Polamalu has never seemed to have too much trouble getting the ball from Flacco, maybe we should ask him? I think Troy is pretty darn good, but I don't think he'd say it himself.

pitt0wns
01-14-2011, 03:30 AM
I think hes the best qb they've ever had.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Was he clicking his red heels when he said he he was darn good? Wait or was that Rex Ryans wife clicking her heels?

-------------------------------

Just keep saying Flacco is great. Flacco is great. Flacco is great.

When harrison buries him tomorrow at 4:18pm he can change the theme to, 3 clicks in his red heela and back to baltimore

JewniorGong
01-14-2011, 10:12 AM
I have no problem whatsoever with what he said. Too bad he's going to come up short against our D again though

Ravens Den
01-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Flacco apparently has decided to become a fan of himself

In a Thursday appearance on ProFootballTalk Live, Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco fielded a question from the Internet-hack-turned-radio-show-not-yet-on-radio host regarding the fact that we don’t hear Flacco’s name when folks recite the names of the young franchise quarterbacks in the NFL.

Does it bother him?

“Every now and then, I guesss it can get to you a little bit, if you let it,” Flacco said. “But the bottom line is I have confidence in my abilities, and I’m pretty sure where I stand about what kind of player I am.”

Flacco was careful to point out that he doesn’t want to knock any of the other quarterbacks, but he was willing to acknowledge

“If you look at our schedule the last three years, we’ve had to play one of the toughest schedules in the league, if not the toughest. So, believe me, I know where I stand with myself, I think I know where my teammates stand with me. . . . I’m pretty confident in my abilities, I think I’m pretty darn good.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/13/joe-flacco-thinks-hes-pretty-darn-good-and-hes-right/

Here is the video

-DIETlxquzY

Can you imagine Brady, Rodgers, or the Steelers #7 needing to go public this week build up their own self esteem like this?:noidea:

How bout you pay attention more and realize RAVENS have had one of the toughest schedules in the nfl the past 3 yrs. Next yr we finally have one of the easiest, FINALLY.

Steelboy84
01-15-2011, 03:57 PM
How bout you pay attention more and realize RAVENS have had one of the toughest schedules in the nfl the past 3 yrs. Next yr we finally have one of the easiest, FINALLY.

We had the toughest in NFL history in 2008. What's your point?