PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill Movie

Suitanim
04-22-2006, 08:48 AM
There's a reason why the critics weren't allowed to screen it. First off, let me say, if you enjoyed the very excellent video game, don't go see this movie. It'll ruin the video game for you, and you'll wonder how they could take a game that was so scary and make it laughably "unscary" as a movie.

If you didn't play the game, it'll be an even worse experience. While they captured some of the scenery of the game, and there are some familiar moments and SPFX that gamers will recognize (which adds a certain "That's cool" flavor to the movie), if you never played the game the movie is just 2 hours 10 minutes of suck. It's paced WAY too slowly, the plot has holes, the acting is bad, the dialogue is hokey as Hell, and the ending is so over the top and silly that the audience was literally laughing out loud at what was supposed to be the big pay-off at the end. There was even an incredibly lame "The Sixth Sense" rip-off that was so poorly done none of the people I saw the movie with even knew it was there until I explained it to them.

I give it a 1.5 out of 10.

83-Steelers-43
04-22-2006, 08:57 AM
I was debating on seeing the movie. Thanks for the heads up.

Since we are on the topics of movies, I rented "Hostel" the other day....one messed up movie.

Suitanim
04-22-2006, 09:25 AM
I was debating on seeing the movie. Thanks for the heads up.

Since we are on the topics of movies, I rented "Hostel" the other day....one messed up movie.

It's in my queue on Netflix. Heard it's pretty gory.

I should add that Silent Hill got an extra .5 because it had some cool scenes of people getting ripped apart with barbed wire.

SteelerDan43
04-22-2006, 11:09 AM
The big problem I had with Hostel was they tried to make it sound like it was a Tarintino movie which it isnt. It is one of the better horror style movies made in the past few years though

tony hipchest
04-22-2006, 12:25 PM
The big problem I had with Hostel was they tried to make it sound like it was a Tarintino movie which it isnt. It is one of the better horror style movies made in the past few years thoughyeah, you got to watch when they say tarantino is the executive producer, like that house of flying daggers movie i think. you ecpect a tarantino flavor and its just not there. personally id be happy with another 3-4 volumes of kill bill.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the heads up,looks like I am not renting that tonight.I hope Blockbuster has Hostel.

83-Steelers-43
04-22-2006, 05:11 PM
While I was aware that it was directed by Eli Roth (Cabin Fever), I was expecting a Tarantino feel to the movie. Eitherway, it was a messed up movie. Oh, and non-stop titty showing...lol.

melroseplace
04-22-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm not a big fan of scary movies...I get freaked out too easily :nervous:

altho I have seen Cabin Fever a few times. such a horrible and random movie..

83-Steelers-43
04-22-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm not a big fan of scary movies...I get freaked out too easily :nervous:

altho I have seen Cabin Fever a few times. such a horrible and random movie..

"Hostel" in my opinion was not scary. Just messed up and gruesome. "Cabin Fever" was a horrible movie and after reading Roth was the director of "Hostel", I waited for it to come out on DVD instead of seeing it at the movies for that very reason. Actually, I don't recall the last time I went to a movie. Hollywood hasn't really impressed me over the years with the movies they have put out.

Suitanim
04-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Quentin Tarantino's involvement by no means makes it a good movie. Anybody see Robert Rodriguez's "From Dusk Til Dawn"? It was loaded with stars (Tarantino was in it himself), along with Clooney, Harvey Keitel, Selma Hayak, Kelly Preston, etc, etc, and was Tarantino's screenplay about vampires.

It sucked.

Badly.

And he wrote it and I believe produced it.

83-Steelers-43
04-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Anybody see Robert Rodriguez's "From Dusk Til Dawn"?

Horrible movie.

MattsMe
04-22-2006, 07:58 PM
"Hostel" in my opinion was not scary. Just messed up and gruesome. "Cabin Fever" was a horrible movie and after reading Roth was the director of "Hostel", I waited for it to come out on DVD instead of seeing it at the movies for that very reason. Actually, I don't recall the last time I went to a movie. Hollywood hasn't really impressed me over the years with the movies they have put out.

Speaking of messed up movies, anyone seen Kevin Smith's Vulgar? It is what it's name implies. Uncomfortable to watch, but definitely an interesting flick.

3 to be 4
04-22-2006, 08:25 PM
now THIS is vulgar!

Fat Bastard: It did sound a little wet, there didn't it? Right at the end! Oooh! Heh heh heh. Let's have a smell all right? Oh, everyone likes their own brand, don't they? Oh, this is magic! Hmmm, wafting, wafting. Ok, anylisis. Ooh, smells like carrots in throw-up! Oh that could gag a maggot! I smell like hot sick... ass in a dead carcass! Even stink would say that stinks! You know when you go into an apartment building and you smell the other people's cooking on each floor and you go "What are they cookin'?" That, plus crap!

83-Steelers-43
04-22-2006, 08:26 PM
I've never seen "Vulgar". I wonder if Hollywood Video carries it?

MattsMe
04-22-2006, 08:33 PM
I've never seen "Vulgar". I wonder if Hollywood Video carries it?

I don't know. I rented it from a local independent video store. If you do decide to rent it, watch it alone. Definitely not a date movie. Unless you're a sadistic homosexual...oops...don't want to give too much away!

Suitanim
04-22-2006, 08:40 PM
I don't know. I rented it from a local independent video store. If you do decide to rent it, watch it alone. Definitely not a date movie. Unless you're a sadistic homosexual...oops...don't want to give too much away!

Smith isn't homosexual, but he wants to atone for the "percieved" sin of all his early movies using "fag" as a derogatory term, and the movie Vulgar.

MattsMe
04-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Smith isn't homosexual, but he wants to atone for the "percieved" sin of all his early movies using "fag" as a derogatory term, and the movie Vulgar.

I wonder how he plans to do that. I personally don't think he has anything to atone for. But then again, I'm not a fag. Oops!

Suitanim
04-22-2006, 08:56 PM
I think IFC still runs the documentary lecture series he did at a bunch of College campuses. If you get a chance to check it out, do so...