PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben on old turf...

BB2W
04-22-2006, 11:07 AM
OXFORD - Former Miami quarterback Ben Roethlisberger doesn't get back to Oxford much, but the Pittsburgh Steelers signal-caller knows enough to expect mixed reactions in Bengals territory.

"I get that a lot," Roethlisberger said in the Yager Stadium press box during Friday's spring football game. "People say they're happy to see me, but they're disappointed that we beat the Bengals. It comes with the territory. I'm used to it."

Roethlisberger, who led the Steelers to the Super Bowl championship in just his second NFL season, was making his second visit to Miami since leaving after his junior season as the RedHawks' all-time leading passer.

"It's great to be back," said Roethlisberger, who spent most of the game on the sidelines with other former RedHawks players. "This is the first time I've seen the stadium since they fixed it up."

Roethlisberger said he'd talked with Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer once since Palmer suffered a knee injury in the first-round playoff game between the two teams.

"I offered him my condolences," Roethlisberger said. "I hope he gets well."

Roethlisberger also wouldn't mind being reunited in Pittsburgh with former Miami teammate Martin Nance, the RedHawks' career receiving leader, who could be drafted next weekend.

"We had great chemistry," Roethlisberger said.

link: http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060422/SPT0103/604220345/1096/SPT

RoethlisBURGHer
04-22-2006, 02:44 PM
I hope we draft Nance,they already have a chemistry and I think he would be the perfect fit.

Suitanim
04-22-2006, 07:28 PM
Like the Bengals have some kind of loyal fanbase or something...please!

83-Steelers-43
04-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Yeah, it sucks when you have all seven of them coming up and telling you they are upset that you beat their "beloved(?)" football team.

BB2W
04-22-2006, 07:40 PM
There is actually a lot of Bengals fans in southern Ohio when they are doing well. Pretty much everyone I know is a Bengals fan, and most of them are seriously scarred by the 15 straight years of losing. They're psycho and very annoying...

clevestinks
04-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Yeah, it sucks when you have all seven of them coming up and telling you they are upset that you beat their "beloved(?)" football team.
Now thats funny, rep points

BlitzburghRockCity
04-24-2006, 05:35 PM
There is actually a lot of Bengals fans in southern Ohio when they are doing well. Pretty much everyone I know is a Bengals fan, and most of them are seriously scarred by the 15 straight years of losing. They're psycho and very annoying...

That's the key right there... they're ashamed to support their team when they suck, but all of the sudden.. Hey, we're the AFCN champs... break out the bengal banners and lets toast to the success, start up 50 million bengal websites, everybody gets a bengals buddy icon and buys a carson palmer jersey...

Gimme a freekin break !!! :dang: :chair: :kick: :flipoff:

siss
04-24-2006, 06:39 PM
They have no idea what it takes to be a real fan. The hours of dedication and money it take to be a real fan! Thats why I love being a steeler fan. Aside from a really hot quarterback who is also a good footbal player (or is it a football player whose hot?) there are fans who are just as crazy as I am (some could argue that there are fans crazier them me I just havnt found one yet).

SteelerzGirl
04-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Pretty much everyone I know is a Bengals fan, and most of them are seriously scarred by the 15 straight years of losing. They're psycho and very annoying...

:rofl:

Oh man, I'm not even going there...(lol). :wink:

clevestinks
04-25-2006, 01:10 PM
LOL...speaking of QB jerseys, I have a bit of a dilemma. I got a #7 jersey for Christmas, but I actually prefer to wear my #10 jersey because it proves I'm not a bandwagon fan.
You gotta go with the 7, Kordell stuff looks bad

ARKIESTEEL
04-25-2006, 01:18 PM
LOL...speaking of QB jerseys, I have a bit of a dilemma. I got a #7 jersey for Christmas, but I actually prefer to wear my #10 jersey because it proves I'm not a bandwagon fan.

Why do you care what anybody thinks. Folks can say whatever they want about me as long as I know what is true I dont care. I cant wait to go buy my Lendale White jersey!!!!

Ohio Steeler
04-25-2006, 04:26 PM
I hope we draft Nance,they already have a chemistry and I think he would be the perfect fit.

I could not agree more