PDA

View Full Version : Raven's Noticing Sanders...

SteelerEmpire
01-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Article:

You know the usual suspects in the Steelers’ offense.

There’s quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, running back Rashard Mendenhall and wide receivers Hines Ward and Mike Wallace to name a few.

But there’s a new playmaker emerging in black and gold...Sanders has the Ravens’ attention.

LINK: http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/01/14/a-fresh-face-in-the-steelers-offense/

fer522
01-14-2011, 03:27 PM
ben,mendy,ward,miller,wallace and now sanders and brown
i feel really good about all our guys on offense

Buddha Bus
01-14-2011, 03:28 PM

They can't cover all of them! :tt04:

MACH1
01-14-2011, 04:45 PM

Even arians?

StainlessStill
01-14-2011, 04:52 PM
That's good they notice him! Just means we have more weapons for them to defend.:tt04:

pitt0wns
01-14-2011, 05:09 PM
All this talent must have Arians pulling his hair out.

he cannot design a play for his life.

PhantomJB93
01-14-2011, 05:16 PM
All this talent must have Arians pulling his hair out.

he cannot design a play for his life.

Sometimes I wonder just how great our offense could be if Arians weren't holding it back, I really think we could be to 5 in offense if we executed right and called the right plays, we have the talent IMO to be in that "elite" tier offensively...

Steelboy84
01-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Sometimes I wonder just how great our offense could be if Arians weren't holding it back, I really think we could be to 5 in offense if we executed right and called the right plays, we have the talent IMO to be in that "elite" tier offensively...

Yea, the way I see it, it's not his playbook, it's his play calling. How about starting the game with some rollouts getting Ben away from the pressure? How about a deep pass to Wallace (who is too fast for anyone)? Mix it up some like he did against Cleveland.

SteelKnight
01-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Yea, the way I see it, it's not his playbook, it's his play calling. How about starting the game with some rollouts getting Ben away from the pressure? How about a deep pass to Wallace (who is too fast for anyone)? Mix it up some like he did against Cleveland.

The play book itself needs some improvement (Red Zone plays). If I were the owner, I would tell Tomlin you can keep Arians if you want but I want a brad new set of plays for the Red Zone.

What they need to do is scrap the whole Redzone playbook and watch a lot of film of teams that are successful in the Redzone and ...shhh...copy their plays. We have the personnel to be successful. We can't always blame everything on execution. Maybe the Red Zone plays just suck...for God's sake.

I would meet with Arians and ask him if he thinks he could watch successful teams and design a successful Red Zone playbook and if he said no, I'd get a new OC.

fer522
01-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Even arians?

why did you have to bring him up?
:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Fire Arians
01-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Even arians?

man, i was feeling good about our offense till you said that :chuckle:

SteelKnight
01-14-2011, 06:56 PM
We don't use Sanders speed enough. He ran tied for the second fastest time at the combine (4.41) for WR.

Fire Arians
01-14-2011, 07:00 PM
We don't use Sanders speed enough. He ran tied for the second fastest time at the combine (4.41) for WR.

arians would prolly run him up the gut

hell it almost took him 2 full years to figure out that a quick hitter to one of the fastest men in the nfl (wallace) would be effective...

SteelKnight
01-14-2011, 07:07 PM
man, i was feeling good about our offense till you said that :chuckle:

You guys are bad. Thank God his kids are in their 30s. They would probably get beat up.

I think if they lose to Baltimore, he will likely lose his job. He better bring is A-game.

If we beat Baltimore but lose to NE he stays.

If we win the Superbowl, somebody will steal him for his great mind (lol...kidding).

SteelKnight
01-14-2011, 07:12 PM
arians would prolly run him up the gut

hell it almost took him 2 full years to figure out that a quick hitter to one of the fastest men in the nfl (wallace) would be effective...

That's not fair. He had bombs to Washington when he was here. Arians says his favorite thing is the bomb. Wallace was used as a quick hitter last year.

But still, it shouldn't always be Wallace. They should line them up together then have Wallace break to a deep slant then when the safety follows Wallace, hit Sanders on the vertical. If the safety stays with Sanders, hit Wallace.

stb_steeler
01-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Even arians?

LOL....so much talent, so little Arians

fer522
01-14-2011, 07:19 PM

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

MACH1
01-14-2011, 07:54 PM
http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best-of-the-Burgh-Blogs/Pulling-No-Punches/November-2010/Tomlin-Arians.jpg

ScreamingEagle
01-14-2011, 08:17 PM
^^^^ Now that is funny.:sofunny:

mesaSteeler
01-14-2011, 09:53 PM

:toofunny::applaudit::toofunny::applaudit: