PDA

View Full Version : My God this is painful

SteelKnight
01-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Why is the time going so slow. lol

I might have to stay up and sleep in late because I don't think I can take this tomorrow.

I wish life had a fast forward button.

RavensFan20
01-14-2011, 07:40 PM
I know, the good thing is the game comes on at 1:30 PM in Las Vegas!!!

Here is what I would do watch the game from week 4 and week 13 on TIVO then take a sleeping pill and go to sleep before u know it the stadium lots will be open and u can go tailgate.

Good Luck Tomorrow

SteelKnight
01-14-2011, 07:52 PM

Here is what I would do watch the game from week 4 and week 13 on TIVO then take a sleeping pill and go to sleep before u know it the stadium lots will be open and u can go tailgate.

Good Luck Tomorrow

Your pain is going to start once the game starts. lol

Atlanta Dan
01-14-2011, 07:57 PM

Good Luck Tomorrow

Been watching 4th quarters of games this week on Blu-ray & NFL Rewind
(2008- Ben to Holmes/2008 AFC championship - Troy pick six/2010 week 13 - Troy strip of Flacco)

Tough to wait for tomorrow

Buddha Bus
01-14-2011, 07:59 PM

Good Luck Tomorrow

Even though I don't truly mean it, good luck to you too. I hope that both teams come out injury free and ready to stomp some Pats* ass next week, whoever it is. I won't be rooting for you in the Super Bowl though. :chuckle:

Wallace108
01-14-2011, 08:09 PM

Good Luck Tomorrow

Good luck to you as well, RavensFan. :drink:
As much as it pains me to say this, if it was between the Ravens and Pats*, I'd pull for the Ravens. http://smiliesftw.com/x/facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif

Good thing it's going to come down to the Steelers and Pats*. :wink02:

SH-Rock
01-14-2011, 08:33 PM
I've been on sports sites all day waiting for something exciting to happen...

mesaSteeler
01-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Try this thread for some diversion. The video links I posted are pretty funny.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=66383

caplovestroyp43
01-14-2011, 09:23 PM
I feel your pain bro! I was talking to my dearest friend who is not a sports fan in any way and she doesn't understand the intensity, thumping heart, torturous wait that we have had to go through. She said "it's just a game" and I said "Oh hell no! It's not just A GAME! This is for pride baby! And the chance to right a terrible wrong on the East Coast with the misfit cheaters!

My dad has no emotion whatsoever when watching football and expects everyone in the house to "follow suit" if you will. I suspect 2 minutes into the game, he's going to throw me downstairs to watch it on the TV down there! During the season, I'm usually pretty calm. Every now and again I get excited especially during big plays ala Troy's game ending plays or Ben's last minute drives. But tomorrow is going to be so dramatic and intense. I'll be exhausted when that game is over.

And if you want another reason for our Steelers to win, here's one. Another dear friend of mine that passed in 2007 loved them as much as I do; we all do! Root for a victory for her because I will be thinking of her all throughout the game tomorrow. Sure do miss her this time of year.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!! ROAST THE RATS FOR LESLIE!! :tt02::tt02:

Fire Arians
01-14-2011, 09:25 PM
damn is it saturday yet?

Steelboy84
01-14-2011, 09:42 PM
damn is it saturday yet?

2 hours, 18 minutes

SH-Rock
01-14-2011, 09:58 PM
17 h 30 min till game time

TOOLofSTEEL
01-14-2011, 10:11 PM
As much as it pains me to say this, if it was between the Ravens and Pats*, I'd pull for the Ravens. http://smiliesftw.com/x/facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif

I agree, I would rather potentially have the Ravens win a second Superbowl than the Patriots get anywhere near Dallas. So I'll root for the Ravens if we lose in the AFCCG, but after that I'm rooting for the NFC team in the Superbowl. Your on your own then Ratbird! :tt04:

Hopefully everything will work out and we'll get number 7. But if it was easy to do we'd have more than 6 right now. So we're just gonna have to wait and see I guess. :thumbsup:

Steel_Bus_24
01-14-2011, 10:13 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view2/1717159/rocky-ready-for-war-o.gif

Ive been going in and out of the bathroom all day bouncing around looking at the mirror with a steel glare like this, to break the pressure j/k.....but on the inside thats exactly how I feel......like a fighter ready to go to war in a championship fight

SteelKnight
01-15-2011, 02:08 AM
Even though I don't truly mean it, good luck to you too. I hope that both teams come out injury free and ready to stomp some Pats* ass next week, whoever it is. I won't be rooting for you in the Super Bowl though. :chuckle:

You are too kind. I hope nobody has any permanent injuries but if a raven gets injured and has to leave the game, really no sympathy coming from me and if it helps the Steelers win I will be happy. I hope everyone is "swell" after the game.

SteelKnight
01-15-2011, 02:12 AM
And if you want another reason for our Steelers to win, here's one. Another dear friend of mine that passed in 2007 loved them as much as I do; we all do! Root for a victory for her because I will be thinking of her all throughout the game tomorrow. Sure do miss her this time of year.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!! ROAST THE RATS FOR LESLIE!! :tt02::tt02:

Sorry to hear about your friend. Let's go Steelers.

I did stay up late to take some of the pain out of later today but I'm still not sleepy. Maybe when I eventually sleep I can avoid getting up until 2PM to cut the waiting down.

SteelKnight
01-15-2011, 02:16 AM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view2/1717159/rocky-ready-for-war-o.gif

Ive been going in and out of the bathroom all day bouncing around looking at the mirror with a steel glare like this, to break the pressure j/k.....but on the inside thats exactly how I feel......like a fighter ready to go to war in a championship fight

Yeah...that Rocky makes me think of "Measure of a man". You had to lose so you can win. All those losses is what makes winning fun and keeps us from being spoiled.

CaliStillersFan
01-15-2011, 02:21 AM
13 Hours 8 Minutes Till GAME TIME!!!!

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h259/smokey1972/Ravens.jpg

SacknificentStew56
01-15-2011, 03:40 AM
I'm tired of watching NFL Live, Sportscenter, Inside the NFL and all the other sports shows talking about playoff weekend. I have to wait until 10pm over here in Europe to catch the game. Time keeps on slippin' into the future like the song says.

Third Rail
01-15-2011, 04:02 AM
I gave up trying to sleep tonight. This game needs to start like, NOW.

pete74
01-15-2011, 04:43 AM
im surprised so many anylists are picking Baltimore to win this. personally i think were going to destroy them but alot of people seem to disagree.

Deserei90
01-15-2011, 04:45 AM
Oh god, I have to try to get some sleep. I have to get up at 8, and go to the store:banging:. The anticipation!!! Can someone read me a bed time story? I will greatly appreciate it. LOL:thumbsup:

Deserei90
01-15-2011, 04:48 AM
im surprised so many anylists are picking Baltimore to win this. personally i think were going to destroy them but alot of people seem to disagree.Let them. Personally I like going in as underdogs. Baltimore is getting too much hyped going into this game and The Steelers are getting little to no hype.

pete74
01-15-2011, 05:55 AM
i was at Buffalo Wild Wings last night and they kept showing Suggs destroying Ben. they were showing how easy he has broke thru our line over the years and all the big hits he had on Ben. i didnt notice how many times he made Ben fumble over the years.

hopefully we have a game plan to stop him because if they give Ben a few seconds he should carve up Baltimores secondary with little effort. im still saying Steelers win this 31-17

TRH
01-15-2011, 06:23 AM
im surprised so many anylists are picking Baltimore to win this. personally i think were going to destroy them but alot of people seem to disagree.

me too.
I watched dozens of shows and analysts and i would say there was at least 7 out of 10 across the board picking the Ravens.
For some reason, in the last few weeks, the Ravens have picked up steam in the media as unstoppable and having the greatest, hardest-hitting defense in the game.
--although part of this could be due to the fact they have some guys like Suggs with HUGE flapping mouths who like to talk a lot of junk...when's the last time you heard Harrison say something controversial in the media? --
I think alot of them have forgotten about some guys with the names of Harrison, Woodley and co. who have probably put up an even more impressive defensive season.
The game could go either way, but i'm kinda shocked myself at all this newfound "Raven's love" i'm seeing. A victory will be extremely satisfying. If we play to our abilities today and don't make alot of dumb mistakes, we should actually win.

pete74
01-15-2011, 07:40 AM
me too.
I watched dozens of shows and analysts and i would say there was at least 7 out of 10 across the board picking the Ravens.
For some reason, in the last few weeks, the Ravens have picked up steam in the media as unstoppable and having the greatest, hardest-hitting defense in the game.
--although part of this could be due to the fact they have some guys like Suggs with HUGE flapping mouths who like to talk a lot of junk...when's the last time you heard Harrison say something controversial in the media? --
I think alot of them have forgotten about some guys with the names of Harrison, Woodley and co. who have probably put up an even more impressive defensive season.
The game could go either way, but i'm kinda shocked myself at all this newfound "Raven's love" i'm seeing. A victory will be extremely satisfying. If we play to our abilities today and don't make alot of dumb mistakes, we should actually win.

i agree. people are already talking about how good the Raven vs Patriot game is going to be. just look at how our defense and offense ranks against the Ravens. were statistically better everywere so how can everyone think the Ravens have a gurentee win. i think the steelers will surprise everyone and manhandle Baltimore today. everyone is talking about how good Reed and Suggs are but after the game it will be Woodley, Harrison and Timmons that everyone is talking about

FanSince72
01-15-2011, 07:47 AM
Deep breaths, everybody...

Deep breaths.

The Ravens are definitely on a mission and they definitely have the swagger.

But we're the Pittsburgh Steelers.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!

TRH
01-15-2011, 08:46 AM
i agree. people are already talking about how good the Raven vs Patriot game is going to be. just look at how our defense and offense ranks against the Ravens. were statistically better everywere so how can everyone think the Ravens have a gurentee win. i think the steelers will surprise everyone and manhandle Baltimore today. everyone is talking about how good Reed and Suggs are but after the game it will be Woodley, Harrison and Timmons that everyone is talking about

yep. All this "Suggs, Reed, Lewis" talk is leaving me wondering why no one is talking up Harrison, who had a great year this year. Barely heard a peep about him. Have heard nothing on Woodley. Can't wait for game time.

Atlanta Dan
01-15-2011, 08:53 AM

I confess to being less than shocked that Brian Billick picked the Ravens on NFL Network last night

These games have been close for the last 3 years, but I think a lot of the Ravens love is based on a misunderstanding of the laws of probability and the assumption that since Ben is 6-0 against the Ravens since 2006 he somehow is "due" to lose this weekend

Rick5895
01-15-2011, 09:11 AM
I am not surprised by the analysts. They have always loved baltimore, and the Ratbirds going to KC and winning big seems to (in the minds of the un intelligent) validate them. I watche the K C game and have to say, KC beat themselves in the third quarter, they were close then froze up, afraid to make mistakes and when the mistakes came they compounded on each other. The intentional grounding call then the 3rd and 26 fumble, was the sequence that killed them.

SH-Rock
01-15-2011, 10:11 AM

I actually quite like it, this is like last week where everyone chose the Seahawks over the Saints and the Seahawks. How ecstatic were the fans? And plus we don't need anyone else to pick. We have the Steeler Nation and thats all we need! :tt03:

stb_steeler
01-15-2011, 10:19 AM
LETS GO STEELERS

Steelboy84
01-15-2011, 10:22 AM
4 1/2 hours baby

GameTime55
01-15-2011, 11:37 AM
4 hrs...tick tock. tick tock..tick tock.

SH-Rock
01-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Just watch Game Day Morning on NFL Network

LVSteelersfan
01-15-2011, 11:50 AM
I am so tired of seeing Suggs and Lewis' ugly painted up faces on TV. Don't they know that the good guys always win when you wear war paint against them? Steelers being good guys of course.