PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Bob Holtzman Leaks Steelers' Trick Play

Steelers
01-15-2011, 01:56 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/15/holtzmann-likely-will-catch-heat-for-steelers-trick-play-report/

Jerk.

43Hitman
01-15-2011, 02:16 PM
I saw this when it happened and immediately did the face palm. First of all, why the hell would any player even mention this is beyond me. Secondly, they trusted and BSPN reporter. Dumb dumb move. And Screw off BSPN!

SH-Rock
01-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Alright Arians, all you got to do is not call that play

TOOLofSTEEL
01-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Just read about that... Somebodies going to get their asschewed. And sadly it probably will not be Holtzman.

As one league source told us, unsolicited, regarding the report, “What a moron. Steelers will be pissed. How the f–k do you do that?”

SteelerEmpire
01-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Unless the "report itself " is a trick play... "You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, and know when to run". lol...

43Hitman
01-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Unless the "report itself " is a trick play... "You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, and know when to run". lol...

Good ole' Kenny Rodgers. :chuckle:

MACH1
01-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Alright Arians, all you got to do is not call that play

Opening play of the game. :rolleyes:

LVSteelersfan
01-15-2011, 03:03 PM
I say we defer on the opening kick and do an onside kick. Then pretend to run the trick play and throw a bomb to Wallace on the first play. One can dream can't they?

Steelboy84
01-15-2011, 03:11 PM
I say we defer on the opening kick and do an onside kick. Then pretend to run the trick play and throw a bomb to Wallace on the first play. One can dream can't they?

Would be nice to get that kind of momentum, but a bit risky. If they get it, they get the field position. I'd rather just kick it deep and force them to go 80 yards or so.

steelers33
01-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Come on guys we are not that dumb. We are trying together into the opponents head about the possibility of us running a trick play.

TRH
01-15-2011, 03:13 PM
dumb moronic move by whoever told anyone about it.

That said.....we don't have to run this play at all. Tomlin could very well take it off the books now.

steelerdave1969
01-15-2011, 03:13 PM
It would in No Way Surprise Me if the Steelers come out with a Look Way Down Field to Wallace to open this game just like they did against the Brownies.

RavensFan20
01-15-2011, 03:17 PM
The jerk is the player who told Holtzman about the play.

It is Holtzman's job to make a good story so he does not care if he is leaking something, it actually makes him look good.

jizzballz
01-15-2011, 03:22 PM
no wonder the steelers players don't go to college the whole way, ****ing retards.

... however the ratbirds have no time to defend this and if they are fixed on trying to defend the trick play, it might open up other plays for us.

either way we are going to break mcgayhee in half again.

mesaSteeler
01-15-2011, 03:25 PM
The jerk is the player who told Holtzman about the play.

It is Holtzman's job to make a good story so he does not care if he is leaking something, it actually makes him look good.

Wrong again Ratbird. Teams frequently share insider information with TV production crews on the understanding that it won't be released. They do it so the camera crews know where aim the cameras. That being said I mistrust this story a bit since Holtzman is not part of the TV team.

RavensFan20
01-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Wrong again Ratbird. Teams frequently share insider information with TV production crews on the understanding that it won't be released. They do it so the camera crews know where aim the cameras. That being said I mistrust this story a bit since Holtzman is not part of the TV team.

I happen to know reporting Squeeler...

You NEVER share anything with a reporter if you dont want it leaking.

jizzballz
01-15-2011, 03:49 PM
I happen to know reporting Squeeler...

You NEVER share anything with a reporter if you dont want it leaking.

you happen to know **** all, look at where you are with your life lmfao.

theplatypus
01-15-2011, 03:49 PM
It's ****ed up that it was leaked, but it doesn't really matter either way. They don't know what the play is or who the passer would be. Nor do they know what defense we wanted to use it against. If anything it keeps the Ravens guessing about when the trick play will be used.

mesaSteeler
01-15-2011, 03:55 PM
It's ****ed up that it was leaked, but it doesn't really matter either way. They don't know what the play is or who the passer would be. Nor do they know what defense we wanted to use it against. If anything it keeps the Ravens guessing about when the trick play will be used.

Absolutely correct. It's just as likely to be disinformation to mess with the one brain cell that Ratbirds have.

skinart82
01-15-2011, 03:56 PM
they leaked that there was going to be a trick play, NOT what trick play it is. The Steelers have been known for years to pull out trick plays, so teams have always had to keep that in there head. But I think this was "leaked" for a reason!

SacknificentStew56
01-15-2011, 04:07 PM
As retarded as the Ratbirds are, they probably still can't stop it.