PDA

View Full Version : Steelers getting no respect!!!!

Goldsteel86
01-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Watched ESPN "Sunday Countdown" and the Steelers seem to not have any respect going into this game. The interview with Ray Lewis and for some reason Joe Flacco must have won some Super Bowl rings this week. It took everything they had to downplay the Steeler offense and hype the Ravens defense. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't the Steelers have the #1 defense in the NFL??? I can't wait, Chris Berman (IMO) can suck a fat one, even against the Browns he picked against the Steelers, all he seems to mention is Brett Favre and the F*****g BILLS!!!!! :tt04::tt02::helmet::tt03:

43Hitman
01-15-2011, 02:43 PM
Same story just a different day. This couldn't be going any better as a Steeler fan because I love it when the media does this. You know damn well the NFLN and ESPN is on in the locker room and you know our boys are seeing this shit. All it does is fire them up, which bodes well in a game that is going to be as physical as this one.

Steeler4life1972
01-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Im watching nfl network and michael irving and marshall faulk are absolutely terrible!!! I cant stand irving...he just said ed reed is the best safety in the league. Dont get me wrong ed reed is very good but troy does just so much more than just intercept passes...its a no brainer who the best safety in the league...its polamalu!!!

Goldsteel86
01-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Seems like they are making the Steelers win in Baltimore look like a fluke, good night once again we are going to have to silence the dumb a***s, hasn't this been all year. One thing to say don't hate, just appreciate good Steeler football!!!

Steelboy84
01-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Good. See 2005-06 and 2008-09............

Atlanta Dan
01-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Everyone seems to forget Chiefs had the lead until late in the first half last Sunday and that the game fell apart only after the Chiefs decided to run wide on 4th and 1 in the 3rd quarter, just as the Packers nearly coughing up the game to the Eagles is being ignored

Virtually everyone is on home teams Chicago & New England tomorrow so it is trendy to go with the road teams today

SH-Rock
01-15-2011, 02:53 PM
A lot of the Ravens turnovers last game was due to the Chiefs themselves. I also think Charlie Weis's leave was a distraction on the team.

tony hipchest
01-15-2011, 02:53 PM
its even worse on the nfl network. THA U alumn mike irvin and warren sapp cant quitt ballwashing their fellow Uof Miami boyz.

sapp says the ravens have the best front 7 in the league even though the steelers have the #1 rush defense, scoring defense and lead the league in sacks and have more takeaways.

irvin says ed reed is hands down better than troy simply for interception numbers. he ignores the fact that ed reed, playing with the best front 7 in the league cant even make it to a SB. he poo-poo's troys 2 rings.

flacco is unflappable. i guess ben wilts under pressure. :hunch:

pitt0wns
01-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Why give PIT respect they won too many super bowls already

Same old story every year for how long.

Goldsteel86
01-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Ahhh Horse Shit, give respect where respect is due!!!!! Its time, even after two Super Bowl wins in the last three years still no respect, the bad thing is I am so sick and tired of hearing age and all that other BS, fact is the boys can still play, its time for the "young" bucks to step up. I am getting really p****d thinking about this, who the hell is Tom Jackson, did he ever win a Super Bowl with Denver and Craig Morton???? Answer is hell no, that's why he has been an ESPN "Commentator" for so long!!!!!

LVSteelersfan
01-15-2011, 03:08 PM
If they kick the Raven's butt all over the place today there will be no way they have a chance to beat the Patsies or NY Jerks. It is the Steeler way to get pumped because they get no respect. Perhaps if they hadn't lost to the Patsies so badly and lost to the Jets, they would get more respect. They have to earn it against the best of the rest.

TRH
01-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Im watching nfl network and michael irving and marshall faulk are absolutely terrible!!! I cant stand irving...he just said ed reed is the best safety in the league. Dont get me wrong ed reed is very good but troy does just so much more than just intercept passes...its a no brainer who the best safety in the league...its polamalu!!!

yeah, ya know that really p***ed me off. Irvin just about completely brushed off Troy P. as a nothing, while acting like Ed Reed is some kind of Greek God or something. Its cool if you want to pick someone as your favorite, but to totally just about diss Troy is really disgraceful.

TRH
01-15-2011, 03:18 PM
the networks are all also acting like the Ravens defense is completely god-like and nothing is even comparable....its disgusting.
If i remember correctly....we also have a god-like defense that was pretty damn good, don't we??? You wouldn't know it though by listening to these broadcasts.....

Steelboy84
01-15-2011, 03:22 PM
yeah, ya know that really p***ed me off. Irvin just about completely brushed off Troy P. as a nothing, while acting like Ed Reed is some kind of Greek God or something. Its cool if you want to pick someone as your favorite, but to totally just about diss Troy is really disgraceful.

Darren Woodson said he'd compare Ed Reed to Merton Hanks and Troy to Ronnie Lott. He also said that Ed Reed has the easier job. But he'd still take Ed Reed.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/23283/ravens-steelers-iii-reed-over-polamalu?prosaction=newpost&status=ok

OX1947
01-15-2011, 03:28 PM

Hahhahahahhaha, you want a slapdick like Michael Irvin to identify to someone like Troy? Of course he likes Ed Reed, he is a Miami guy, from the hood, etc. Michael is attracted to those types. I am still amazed at how Michael Irvin keeps getting jobs. The moron cant speak english and is still on crack, I dont care what anyone tells me.

As far as Marshal Faulk, maybe if he could keep track of all the out of wedlock children he has, maybe he would think like a normal guy.

Goldsteel86
01-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Just reported on ESPN, the Steelers need to concede this game, the views of the the "experts" and opinions together have made it obvious that the Super Bowl will be between the Patriots and the Ravens. This will be the first time since the conception of the NFL that two teams from the same Conference will play each other for the title.
Roger "the discriminator" Goddell has determined that Tom Brady and his "pretty boy" demeanor should play in this game, also Ray Lewis has never brought a negative image upon the NFL despite he faced murder charges!!! He has also siad that he has stacked his "deck" with Jim Triplett to meet the Vegas odds, looks like I am watching reruns of "Criminal Minds".

jizzballz
01-15-2011, 03:32 PM
michael irvin deserves to die. including his family, just wipe the irvins off the world.

OX1947
01-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Darren Woodson said he'd compare Ed Reed to Merton Hanks and Troy to Ronnie Lott. He also said that Ed Reed has the easier job. But he'd still take Ed Reed.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/23283/ravens-steelers-iii-reed-over-polamalu?prosaction=newpost&status=ok

Darren Woodson is even dumber then Michael Irvin with those comparisons. Ed Reed to Merton Hanks? Hanks couldnt do 20% of what Ed Reed can do and there has never been anyone close to what Troy Polamalu can do. Ronnie Lott hit hard and could play corner. Troy covers an entire field and can react to the ball faster then anyone I have ever seen.

Ed Reed and Troy might actually be the greatest SS and FS of all time.

Steelboy84
01-15-2011, 03:35 PM
michael irvin deserves to die. including his family, just wipe the irvins off the world.

That's really extreme.

TRH
01-15-2011, 03:36 PM
on GameDay, 3 of the 4 actually picked Pittsburgh as the better defense....except for? Who else but Michael Irvin who seemingly won't even utter a complimentary word at all about Pittsburgh. Does he have some kind of vendetta against us?

jizzballz
01-15-2011, 03:39 PM
That's really extreme.

i already said im classless, i couldnt care less if he says sorry for doubtingt he steelers.

in saudi arabia you get your hands chopped off for stealing, i think in the world for talking shit you should have your tongue cut off or in this case, head removed.

Steelboy84
01-15-2011, 03:39 PM
on GameDay, 3 of the 4 actually picked Pittsburgh as the better defense....except for? Who else but Michael Irvin who seemingly won't even utter a complimentary word at all about Pittsburgh. Does he have some kind of vendetta against us?

His homeboy went to the "U".

Ravens Den
01-15-2011, 04:01 PM
A lot of the Ravens turnovers last game was due to the Chiefs themselves. I also think Charlie Weis's leave was a distraction on the team.

Isnt that cute, making EXCUSES for the RAVENS putting an a$$whopping on the CHIEFS, hope i dont see the same after the game. STEALERS are going to need all the luck in the world to beat the RAVENS.

Kanata-Steeler
01-15-2011, 04:03 PM
goood !!!
we are always better "under" the dam media-radar anyway.
:)

SacknificentStew56
01-15-2011, 04:35 PM
I just smile now when all the self proclaimed experts bet against us. It's not even worth listening to because we always prove them wrong when the game is over.