PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Noise

SteelKnight
01-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Don't the fans get that you are supposed to be quiet when we are on offense right before the snap? WTF?

ZoneBlitzer
01-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Crowd was awesome tonight!

frunko1
01-15-2011, 08:39 PM
i hate to say it but ben seems to do better when its noisy

Deserei90
01-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Don't the fans get that you are supposed to be quiet when we are on offense right before the snap? WTF?Your arguing about that? The Crowd was unbelievable tonight, If anything it helped The Steelers alot, especially on Defense.

jjpro11
01-15-2011, 09:23 PM
i like those extra couple thousand seats in the end-zone.. why can't they just keep them there for next year?

Pentheon
01-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Crowd was nuts tonight, loved my seats (thanks to the guy I bought em from even though you probably wont see this). Couldnt have asked the game to be any better than it was, perfect outcome.

SteelKnight
01-15-2011, 11:42 PM
Your arguing about that? The Crowd was unbelievable tonight, If anything it helped The Steelers alot, especially on Defense.

I made that post early in the game when on the first 3 drives I noticed they weren't quieting down for Ben and he looked to be struggling to get people to hear.

I couldn't figure out why they were not quieting for Ben and not making a lot of noise for Flacco. I guess they were just excited.

SteelKnight
01-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Crowd was nuts tonight, loved my seats (thanks to the guy I bought em from even though you probably wont see this). Couldnt have asked the game to be any better than it was, perfect outcome.

Do they try to encourage the crowd to be quieter before Ben's snaps and louder before the opponent QB snaps?

BTW...I was just annoyed with the snaps early but I guess if the crowd is loud, the defense can't communicate either.

steelerchad
01-15-2011, 11:52 PM
Do they try to encourage the crowd to be quieter before Ben's snaps and louder before the opponent QB snaps?

BTW...I was just annoyed with the snaps early but I guess if the crowd is loud, the defense can't communicate either.

Yeah they do. They put up a construction sign on the Jumbo tron that says quiet "Ben at Work". You know like "Men at work".

I think you get a few extra 1st time fans who make the trip in for the playoff game and maybe some opposing fans as well although not very many at Heinz.

caplovestroyp43
01-15-2011, 11:57 PM
Did they play "Renegade" at all? If they did, the stooooopid TV announcers would never let you know!!

SteelKnight
01-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Yeah they do. They put up a construction sign on the Jumbo tron that says quiet "Ben at Work". You know like "Men at work".

I think you get a few extra 1st time fans who make the trip in for the playoff game and maybe some opposing fans as well although not very many at Heinz.

Cool thanks. I heard it was load and I figured it coudn't all be Ravens fans. I think they were excited. Once we started losing by a lot, that quieted them down a little. lol I only thought of the concept of the defense calling plays once the broadcaster mentioned it. So maybe it is helpful for the defense to not be able to make adjustments also...maybe. Ray ray was talking about this...saying he likes playing on the Road.