PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Players

hardwork
04-29-2005, 11:07 PM
Now this isn't a contest for who's the best. This is just your favorite player, for whatever reason, on a particular team. Past, or present.

I'll start with a few of mine.

Cowboys: Walt Garrison. A real cowboy, who rodeoed as hard as he played football.

Redskins: John Riggins. My favorite all time smash-mouth fullback.

Browns: Jimmy Brown. The greatest back ever to walk out onto a football field.

Colts: Jim Parker. Unrivalled pass blocker. I loved watching this guy play.

Steelers: Bradshaw. I don't know why he's still alive.

Bears: Dick Butkus. What more can you say?

Patriots: Troy Brown. For such a small receiver he has more guts across the middle than anyone I ever saw.

HinesWard4Life8682
04-29-2005, 11:19 PM
troy brown doesnt have half the guts or determination as hines ward

geran42o
04-29-2005, 11:54 PM
Steelers... current ... Bettis, Ward, Kreider,Faneca, Hartings,Duce,El,Porter,Polamalu,Kemo
past... Bradshaw,Harris,Blier,Fuqua,Greenwood,Joe Greene,Kevin Green, Gildon
Kirkland, Brown
only other players worth note are Emmitt Smith, Dan Marino, Jerry Rice, Walter Payton IMO

RoethlisBURGHer
04-30-2005, 01:30 AM
Current Steelers: Bettis,Big Ben,Ward,Randle El,Joey Porter,Troy Polamalu
Past Steelers: Bradshaw,Swann,Franco,Mean Joe Green,Lambert,Gildon,Kirkland

Prosdo
04-30-2005, 03:10 AM
Current Steelers: Bettis, Ward, Roethlisberger, Porter, Polamalu, J. Farrior

clevestinks
04-30-2005, 07:35 AM
This should be easy:

Steelers Past: Bradshaw, Lambert, Greene, Lylodd, Greene, Glen Edwards
Present: Bettis, Ward, Porter, Faneca, Big Ben

And a few others:
Dolphin: Marino, loved this guys game

Oilers: Earl Campbell, watch him run and you`ll know why

Redskins: Riggins, a beast, Hardwork reminded me about him in his thread

Giants: L.T. on the field, not off

Chiefs: Derrick Thomas, R.I.P.

Broncos: Elway, was a 4th quarter star, also Steve Atwater

I could go on.

Brownskikass
05-02-2005, 12:51 AM
Favorite Browns: Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow, Joe Andurzzi and Charlie Frye

Favorite NFL Players: Peyton Manning, Randy Moss, Steve Smith, Jake Delhomme, Trent Green and L.T

Brownskikass
05-02-2005, 12:52 AM
troy brown doesnt have half the guts or determination as hines ward

I wouldnt say that....

He had enough guts to switch to CB...

Hes also had enough guts to make a paycut just to help his team out....

And last time I checked, the dude won 3 SBs....Nuff Said

clevestinks
05-02-2005, 03:08 PM
I would take Hines over Troy Brown any day of the week. That doesn`t mean I think Brown doesn`t have guts or determination, he is probably right there with Hines in those two categories. But Hines plays like Greg Llyodd with 86 on his Jersey.

HinesWard4Life8682
05-02-2005, 04:11 PM
man ty law admitted that he was shittin bricks from fright when he went against hines ward and all the other corners are too, i loved how he was burning mcallister in week 2

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Favorite players of the past.

Rod Woodson, Greg Lloyd, Jack Lambert, Joe Green, Bradshaw, Harris, Swann, Stallworth... Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, Emmit Smith, Marino.

current:

Jerome, Hines, Joey Porter, James Farrior, Ben, Faneca .... Marvin Harrison, Priest Holmes, Peyton manning. Just to name a few.

I may not like the teams some of those players are on, but you cant deny they are electrifying to watch.

Brownskikass
05-02-2005, 10:39 PM
I would take Hines over Troy Brown any day of the week. That doesn`t mean I think Brown doesn`t have guts or determination, he is probably right there with Hines in those two categories. But Hines plays like Greg Llyodd with 86 on his Jersey.

I agree. Id take Hines over Troy any day, however Troy is definitely a gutsy, team player.

steelrr23
05-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Hey Bka Who The Hell Are Those Players? Have Any Of Them Even Played A Half A Season On The Clowns Team? Your Entitled To Your Opinion, But Be Somewhat Intelligent And Pick A Player Or Players That Played In A Browns Uniform A Few Games, Ex: Lee Suggs, A. Davis, D. Mccutcheon, D. Northcutt, W. Green, And So Forth. Any Of These Names Ring A Bell. If You Want A Few More, Let Me Know. Just To Let You Know, I Live Ten Minutes Away From Cleveland, That's How I Know All Your Team's Players. I'm A Football Fan Second, Steeler Fan First. As For My Favs, Hines Ward And Big Ben On Offense, Troy Polamolu And Joey Porter On Defens.

Brownskikass
05-02-2005, 11:05 PM
So wait, you have to play a game to root for em??? Sheesh, you sure told me!!!! So just because their knew I cant root for em??? Your by far the stupidest person Ive met on this forum yet....Can we have a post count here??? :blah: 255-6....But HEY!, whos counting?

hardwork
05-02-2005, 11:08 PM
"I would take Hines over Troy Brown any day of the week."

I wouldn't.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by clevestinks

But Hines plays like Greg Llyodd with 86 on his Jersey.

Damn straight cleve, well put ! 2 of my favorite players rolled up into 1.

HinesWard4Life8682
05-03-2005, 05:51 PM
HINES WARD IS MY FAVORITE PLAYER OF PAST, PRESENT AND IS GONNA BE FOREVER

and rightttttttt behind every steelers legend is barry sanders and thats it

HinesWard4Life8682
05-03-2005, 05:52 PM
"I would take Hines over Troy Brown any day of the week."

I wouldn't.

cuz ur mentally retarted, i'd take a 4 year straight pro-bowler with 4 straight 1,000 yard seasons in front of that queer any day

clevestinks
05-03-2005, 07:34 PM
I agree. Id take Hines over Troy any day, however Troy is definitely a gutsy, team player.

Wow see we can agree on something BKA, now for world peace!! Props

steelrr23
05-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Hey Bka, I Change My Mind, I Pick Kellen Winslow As My Favorite. Any Player That Makes Cleveland Look So Bad Is My Fav. As Far As Post Count, Keep Counting, You Need The Practice. Here's Some Numbers For You To Crunch Bka: In The Last 4 Years The Clowns Won 12 Home Games, 13 Road Games And Lost 20 Home Games, 19 Road Games. Wow What Impressive Numbers. In Those Four Years The Clowns Only Beat Pittsburgh Once. Also Those Numbers Don't Include The Clowns Playoff Loss To The Steelers.

steelrr23
05-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Oh, I Forgot One More Thing, If Troy Brown Is Such A Great Athlete And Is So Invaluable To The Team, Why Did They Cut Him? Money? If That's The Case, He Deserved It.

Avoid LLoyd1975
05-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Current: Bettis, Ward, Porter, Hampton, Polamalu, Farrior, Haynes and Ben
Past: Lloyd, Swann, Lambert, Dawson, Brown and Kirkland

I was really upset when we released Kirkland for that injury prone Bell. Now we are back to square one with a mediocre Foote. Bell was great at first but ended up being a wuss.