or the entire defense

SteelCityMom
01-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Sanders on offense.

Harrison on defense.

Fire Arians
01-15-2011, 08:02 PM
antonio brown. without that play, we lose imo

of course james harrison too, our D played lights out.

SH-Rock
01-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Sanders on offense.

Harrison on defense.

I really liked Sanders and Brown

Thank god for Santonio leaving
We have 2 clutch receivers in the making

mesaSteeler
01-15-2011, 08:05 PM
LeBeau

Once again he saved Arians.

Fire Arians
01-15-2011, 08:06 PM
ryan clark had a hell of a game too, really a great effort by the D

DoctorCAD
01-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Flaccco

He needs one since he WILL NOT EVER SEE A LOMBARDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JackHammer
01-15-2011, 08:07 PM
DEFENSE! If I have to pick one player..... ZIGGY!!!!!!! What a game by Ziggy Hood, what a game!!!

JackHammer
01-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Flaccco

:rofl:

mesaSteeler
01-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Flaccco

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

After what we did to his head today he may not even be able to play next season.

OX1947
01-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Ryan Clark/James Harrison/Ziggy Hood/Big Ben

Kanata-Steeler
01-15-2011, 08:16 PM
The entire "Steel Curtain 2"

SteelKnight
01-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Everyone stepped up and looked good so I'm going to ave to give it to Antonio Brown. That was clutch.

Other who impressed:
Ben -not giving up
Ward -showing up-key first D and TD
Sanders-He's money now. We need to use him even more.
Miller-That's what we need from him every game
Ike-Many key plays
Harrison- Beast Mode
Woodley-irritator plus fumble recovery
Hood-Beast-Forget just occupying linemen so the LB can get the sack...Hood is a threat to get sacks himself
Clark-awesome play plus the pick
Tomlin-for keeping the team from giving up
Arians-for backing out of the play-calling and letting Ben do no huddle
Lebeau-awesome job
Kugler-way to adapt. Great coach

BIGWILL
01-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Thee Doug Legursky ha :tt02:. But give it to the whole team, they unleashed hell in the second half. :tt04:

theplatypus
01-15-2011, 08:18 PM
The whole damn team deserves a game ball! They made a few mental errors, but stayed with it and kicked ass.

4xSBChamps
01-15-2011, 08:20 PM
LeBeau

"... survey-sez...
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/TV%20shows/RichardDawsonHostingFamilyFeud.jpg

... NUMBER-ONE ANSWER on the board, darlin'!!!"

Kanata-Steeler
01-15-2011, 08:22 PM
"... survey-sez...
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/TV%20shows/RichardDawsonHostingFamilyFeud.jpg

... NUMBER-ONE ANSWER on the board, darlin'!!!"

yes, and his name is: "D" LeBeau
:tt04:

VegasStlrFan
01-15-2011, 08:47 PM
the D pickone

TRH
01-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Ryan Clark/James Harrison/Ziggy Hood/Big Ben

this.

Raw Steel
01-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Ryan Clark - His forced fumble changed the game.

wutchy
01-15-2011, 09:39 PM
William Gay played his tail off today. They had him on single coverge on every Raven reciever at some point.

Boldin got nothing on him, neither did Mason. Houshmandzadeh caught one on him.

Will Allen really looked good on special teams, but SPECIAL TEAMS IS THE ACHILLES HEEL - NOT TROYS.

The Steeler DB's are underated. Ike, Gay, Allen, Clark , all looked great today.

Man, I'm glad the Ravens abandoned the screen pass to exploit the blitzing LB's. That stuff was working.!!!!!

I'm having bad feelings that SPECIAL TEAMS is going to undo the Steelers next week or in the super bowl.

Fire Arians
01-15-2011, 09:42 PM
gay is doing much better this year and imo gets a lot of unwarranted hate. Many times this season he's been responsible for some key defensive stops

as a nickel corner, he's money.

TRH
01-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Gay played a great game today

jjpro11
01-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Gay did good, but Clark was imo the best DB in the game today. the DBs obviously all played well given the Ravens stat-line, but Clark forced 2 huge turnovers and made some outstanding tackles.

harrison'samonster
01-15-2011, 09:49 PM
I think that gay gets a lot of hate because the only time steelers fans pay much attention to corner backs is when they make a mistake, they become a good scapegoat

ETL
01-15-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm Gay

No I meant. I'm a fan of Gay. He played well today.

Chadmagic
01-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Gay did good but Ryan Clark stepped up big on D and was a difference maker. He was a force to be reconned with.

theplatypus
01-15-2011, 10:00 PM
How many big pass break ups did Ike have today?

wutchy
01-15-2011, 10:05 PM
I can tell you have many times he "posed" after a pass defensed. One good pose.

harrison'samonster
01-15-2011, 10:08 PM
I can tell you have many times he "posed" after a pass defensed. One good pose.

it was a very good pose. swaggar

Fire Arians
01-15-2011, 10:08 PM
i like when ike does the jon cena lol

lionslicer
01-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Clark and Gay played very well, 2 players we really don't pay attention to on defense unless they are giving up a big play.

GMU Steeler
01-15-2011, 11:27 PM
No disrespect to Gay who had a nice game but my ball goes to Clark who had a pick and a forced fumble. Gay is a good nickelback though and the corners as a whole did a nice job today. Boldin and MAson between them had one catch for negative one yards. Boldin was the aquistion that the Ravens hoped would push them over the edge with us and MAson usually has big games against us with the Ravens and when he was a Titan.

SteelKnight
01-15-2011, 11:54 PM
gay is doing much better this year and imo gets a lot of unwarranted hate. Many times this season he's been responsible for some key defensive stops

as a nickel corner, he's money.

Yeah...he's better as a nickel corner but he still got beat on that last play. Luckily Housh dropped the ball.

mizzouristeeler
01-15-2011, 11:56 PM
my game ball goes to douchemanzadeh.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Since Lebeau re-aligned our defensive coverage schemes, our pass defense has been lights out. For a long time we felt that our DBs are not good enough to play man coverage, but keeping themplaying 15 yards off the receiver makes them look worse than they are.

Since we started playing tighter coverage, our pass defense has owned.

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Clark deserves it, not Gay.. Gay was late on that last throw to Houshbag that was dropped... He was clearly out of position.. I hate that GAY is a Steeler... He Sucks!

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-16-2011, 12:39 AM
My game ball goes to Joe Sack-o-- the Kyle Boller version 2.0. Matter of factly, other than the Bert and Ernie-like unibrow, he looks confused and lost just like Kyle Boller used to against our defense.

NoShootouts
01-16-2011, 12:42 AM
Ryan Clark deserves the game ball. If he only made just the INT or the strip we lose the game he made both plays.

scsteeler
01-16-2011, 12:49 AM
I would hold off on that Game Ball for Gay. He played a decent game and did not get taken advantage of Sat. But if the Patriots Win, Tom Brady will throw his way all day like last time and I hope he plays solid that day.

No Hate on Gay but he has to do what he did today on a regular.

tony hipchest
01-16-2011, 01:18 AM
wutchy, i took liberties with your thread to turn it into the unofficial "official gameball' thread to include all discussions.

if i am the coach, and i have a young rookie who was #6 on the depth chart to begin the season lead all skills players in offensive yards (plus ST contributions) AND made the biggest catch of the year, i give the gameball to antonio brown.

a. brown earning a gameball before e. sanders will certainly turn up the heat under sandewrs ass, and show the young guys that their hard work will be rewarded, is appreciated, and an inspiration to all.

:football:

FWIW our 2 rookie receivers led the team in rec yds today.

:applaudit:

Sansi
01-16-2011, 02:19 AM
I think I would maybe give it to Hood. I think he was fantastic today. He is turning into the player we MUST have before our eyes.

Clark, Ben, SANDERS, Brown, Gay were all very good also, as noted.

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2011, 02:27 AM
this was clarks biggest game of the year.

steelers33
01-16-2011, 02:36 AM
Gay played well but it has to go to James or Clark. James had 3 sacks countless pressures and 8 tackles, he probably made Michael Oher want to go back to the movie business. Clark had the two huge turnovers. And also, honorable mention to Ziggy Hood who played solid today.

ricardisimo
01-16-2011, 02:37 AM
I pick... Ben Gay. Ben was clutch. I think he was given lemons in the play-calling and he made lemon juice. There were some truly bizarre, god-awful strings of plays in there at times, like the one that all either long ball or gadget play and nothing in between.

Gay was solid, and I'm not convinced that the Housh drop was all on Housh. Looked to me like there was a fingertip in there, just enough to break concentration or maybe even the angle of the ball. I could be wrong. If someone can find a hi-def version of the play somewhere, please link to it.

lionslicer
01-16-2011, 03:03 AM
I pick... Ben Gay. Ben was clutch. I think he was given lemons in the play-calling and he made lemon juice. There were some truly bizarre, god-awful strings of plays in there at times, like the one that all either long ball or gadget play and nothing in between.

Gay was solid, and I'm not convinced that the Housh drop was all on Housh. Looked to me like there was a fingertip in there, just enough to break concentration or maybe even the angle of the ball. I could be wrong. If someone can find a hi-def version of the play somewhere, please link to it.

I saw it on NFL network on a 61 inch HD tv, Housh had the ball hit his hands and it was already falling away from him before Gay touched him, but before he had the chance to recover and actually have another atempt at the ball, Gay was all over him. Even if he caught it, I think Gay would have gotten a hand in there to knock it down.

Third Rail
01-16-2011, 03:10 AM
I want to simply say THE TEAM because too often, analysts and fans forget just how much of a team sport football is, as they often want to make it all a one man show. And today was a perfect example of the entire team facing adversity (losing challenges early, some iffy calls, falling behind in the first half, the Ratbirds being their usual dickish selves), pulling together, and coming out with the win. No one played perfect, but a LOT of people stepped up in this game at the right moment. And that's exactly what playoff football is all about.

Ben. Hines. Heath. Gay. Harrison. Farrior. Clark. Brown. Troy. Ike. Sanders. Wallace. Mendy. Hood. Keisel. Tomlin. LeBeau. Everyone else. Today was one hell of a team effort, and our boys drew a line in the sand. They started out rough, but they made sure that there was no way in hell the Ravens were leaving Heinz Field with a victory.

Ever seen that movie, Invictus? Okay, perhaps our win tonight isn't in the same category as the South African Rugby team uniting an entire country. But I still got that sort of feeling with tonight's game.

Anyway, all that being said, if I had to give the ball to anyone, I'd go with our leader, Ben Roethlisberger. He played clutch, like he's always done so well, and that long bomb to Brown sealed the deal.

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2011, 03:14 AM

just turn on espn , they show the highlights every half hour...lol
and no...gay was in position to give up that frickin 4th and 18, as much as douche wishes he did he had nothing to do with the miss. :doh:

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 03:16 AM
Yeah...he's better as a nickel corner but he still got beat on that last play. Luckily Housh dropped the ball.

i thought he covered that well, the route that housh ran is hard to defend unless you're in position to jump the route underneath. housh heard the footsteps and dropped the ball. if gay wasn't in tight on that play housh would have made the catch, gay won that exchange.

steelerchad
01-16-2011, 08:05 AM
this was clarks biggest game of the year.

No doubt Clark was huge today. The tackle for a 2 yard loss on Bouldin's only catch was a great play and the pick and good return to the 25 to set up a score was a game changer. He also had a nice hit on the sidelines to knock a guy out of the game, oh wait that was Ike. Oh well, he had a great game anyway.

plenewken
01-16-2011, 08:42 AM
Clark.

Stlrs4Life
01-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Ryan Clark, he knocked that ball out of Rices hands.

btaylor179
01-16-2011, 10:33 AM
clark was the man

stiller39
01-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Ryan Clark did his best Polumalo imitation. He was huge and IMO should be mvp for that game. Gay is most improved player on the team.

Rick5895
01-16-2011, 10:49 AM
I am going to go un conventional with my game ball. Coach LeBeau is my choice. He called a helluva agame defensively and the adjustments he made going into the game were outstanding.

wootawnee
01-16-2011, 02:35 PM
I give the whole team a game ball....

Kemo
Pouncy
Ben
Mendy
Heath
Hines
Brown
Sanders

Debo
Timmons
Keisel
Ziggy
Clark
Ike
Woodley
Farrior

Coach

pete74
01-16-2011, 03:30 PM
clark, ben or harrison. i would say harrison. the rookies were good especially browns catch but sanders dropped a 1st down pass we really needed that hit him right in the chest

SH-Rock
01-16-2011, 06:31 PM
You can also say coaching...well some coaches
With being blown out in the first half, the coaches brought the team back for the win.
Who says we don't make half time changes?

StainlessStill
01-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Ben on offense
Clark on defense &

STEELERS NATION!:tt04:

SteelerFanInATL
01-16-2011, 09:53 PM
ryan clark had a hell of a game too, really a great effort by the D

:iagree: He got it goinig in the 2nd half when he caused the fumble and also had other plays as well!!!!