PDA

View Full Version : Who just arrived?

SteelKnight
01-15-2011, 08:37 PM
This was awesome. I want to welcome 3 Steelers who have stepped up to Steeler Star quality now.

1. Ziggy Hood -Wow. Hood is a beast now. The idea of the 3-4 DE is supposed to be just to occupy linemen so the LBs can get to the QB. Hood was at the QB often and helped shut down the middle. I'm not sure they should rush Aaron Smith back. lol

2. Emmanuel Sanders -Wow. He has been good but now he just looks comfortable and confident. We need to send him deep more and use him more in games.

3. Antonio Brown -OK...I'm not impressed with his KR/PR but he is a great receiver. He rarely drops anything thrown his way and he has speed. He''s going to be great next year. I'm hoping the Steelers use some 4WR sets to expose NEs secondary. They don't have 4 quality people in their secondary.

Do you agree or did I miss anyone?

Fire Arians
01-15-2011, 08:40 PM
I knew our late season/playoff run would depend a lot on how much sanders/brown have grown. without their effort we don't win today, they were huge.

hood is money this year. he looks to even be better than smith if he can keep this up. 5 tackles and a sack, for a 3-4 DE that is monster stats.

legursky did well in the emergency role, i guess he's not a new arrival though.

this season's draft is looking like a huge win for us. pouncey and sanders/brown, all money

jollyrob68
01-15-2011, 08:41 PM
WELCOME to the party gentlemen. AWESOME GAME, GO STEELERS.
We need some O lineman. I'd love to get Mike Pouncey but if a Good Tackle is there we have to take him unless the identified someone who can start in the 2nd round the get Both.

harrison'samonster
01-15-2011, 08:41 PM
no I think you got 'em all, they had huge games. I think Hood is in there to stay

jollyrob68
01-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Experts were saying Emanuel would be an X factor guy today. I'd spread NE out and run screens,Draws and Slants. Then take our shots. We need to just not get behind them early.
I'm from New England and I take a lot of Bull For being a STEELERS FAN. I wouldn't change it for the world. I WEAR MY CUSTOM JERSEY WITH PRIDE WIN OR LOSE. GO STEELERS

theplatypus
01-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Ziggy was a monster today!!

TRH
01-15-2011, 08:57 PM
i agree. I've been saying for weeks now that Hood is really stepping up

finesward
01-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Umm, new england still has to play a football game gentlemen...

Fire Arians
01-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Umm, new england still has to play a football game gentlemen...

wrong thread bubba, who mentioned NE?

SteelKnight
01-15-2011, 11:38 PM
hood is money this year. he looks to even be better than smith if he can keep this up. 5 tackles and a sack, for a 3-4 DE that is monster stats.

this season's draft is looking like a huge win for us. pouncey and sanders/brown, all money

As far as Hood, it is not just the sack but he had a lot of almost sacks and he helped make it so Flacco couldn't just step forward like he kept doing last week. I could see Hood getting 10 sacks a year if he starts.

I agree about the draft. And we don't even know about Worilds, Crezdon Butler, Stevenson Sylvester or Jonathan Dwyer....all of whom have potential.

I'd like Mike Pouncey too. I think Maukice could help him elevate his game. He would learn quickly.

Experts were saying Emanuel would be an X factor guy today.

He just looked more confident. He's the kind of player that needs to be on the field at all times to keep his rhythm and mojo...so maybe the Steelers should keep 3 WR (or 4) all the time. I actually really like their 4WR sets with Brown.

I'll admit I did but I'm being realistic. If they lose, I'd be thrilled.

finesward
01-16-2011, 08:14 PM

ummm he did

SteelKnight

I'm hoping the Steelers use some 4WR sets to expose NEs secondary. They don't have 4 quality people in their secondary.

and so did he

jollyrob68

I'd spread NE out and run screens,Draws and Slants. Then take our shots. We need to just not get behind them early.

Hey bubba, why don't you piss right on off :thumbsup:

My point was everyone including most people on here gave NE the game and were already discussing how to game plan against them after the Balt game. I'm not really that surprised the Jets pulled it out. And I wouldn't be surprised to see them show up ready to play this weekend. But of course everyone will use the last game as a litmus test and proclaim we will for sure win with a couple guys that were injured back in the line up. Won't be easy. That Jets D-line made an otherwise steady vet-laden O-line look pretty terrible. We will need another steady performance by the D and be smart with the ball on offense. See how many threads start about how to stop the packers offense...lol

SteelKnight
01-18-2011, 07:25 PM
My point was everyone including most people on here gave NE the game and were already discussing how to game plan against them after the Balt game. I'm not really that surprised the Jets pulled it out. And I wouldn't be surprised to see them show up ready to play this weekend. But of course everyone will use the last game as a litmus test and proclaim we will for sure win with a couple guys that were injured back in the line up. Won't be easy. That Jets D-line made an otherwise steady vet-laden O-line look pretty terrible. We will need another steady performance by the D and be smart with the ball on offense. See how many threads start about how to stop the packers offense...lol

Truth be told, I knew the Jets had a shot but I wasn't expecting it. My attitude was I'd rather expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised than to sit there and hope and be disappointed.

Same with GB...in my mind I am thinking about them but the Bears have a good chance to beat them. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised.

As far as the Jets...we'll beat the Jets...I'm just hopeful. I know we could lose. I just have faith.

SteelKnight
01-18-2011, 07:27 PM
So it sounds like the jets are going to cover Wallace and Sanders so our weapons might have to be Ward, Miller and Brown. Those 3 need to step up.

PhantomJB93
01-18-2011, 07:35 PM
For the record, that last minute drive against the Jets that almost won the game for us a few weeks ago? Every catch was by Sanders or Brown. No Hines or Wallace on that drive at all. I didn't realize that before but that's amazing, those guys stepped up BIG in the clutch. Not to mention Sanders was basically open for the winning TD if Cromartie didn't hold him.

Also many of Sanders' 7 receptions in the first Jets game were against Revis :tt04:

SteelKnight
01-19-2011, 12:11 AM
For the record, that last minute drive against the Jets that almost won the game for us a few weeks ago? Every catch was by Sanders or Brown. No Hines or Wallace on that drive at all. I didn't realize that before but that's amazing, those guys stepped up BIG in the clutch. Not to mention Sanders was basically open for the winning TD if Cromartie didn't hold him.

Also many of Sanders' 7 receptions in the first Jets game were against Revis :tt04:

Ben is really bonding with Sanders. He doesn't hesitate.

Brown doesn't drop the ball either (as a receiver). Brown must fumble some punts in practice...lol Whenever Tomlin gets nervous where he definitely can't afford a fumble he puts ARE in. lol Brown will be good next year after he has all off season to study.

Ward has already said if we win the SB he will retire. So Brown might be slot. We'll see. I really like the 3 quicksters.