PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations

bdravens
01-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Congrats, you guys deserved this game. Before that 3rd and 19 play, I said out loud if they get this 3rd down somehow, they deserve to win. This one is going to sting for a while, but all I can say is congratulations and can't wait till next year.

theplatypus
01-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks!!!

Here's to football the way it's meant to be played, Steelers-Ravens!

Wallace108
01-15-2011, 08:47 PM
A hell of a game, and the best rivalry in the NFL. I hate the Ravens, but I respect them just as much. :drink:

sasquatch
01-15-2011, 08:48 PM
A hell of a game, and the best rivalry in the NFL. I hate the Ravens, but I respect them just as much. :drink:

+1, I feel the same way.

TRH
01-15-2011, 08:49 PM
thanks. WHAT a game. Everything it was hyped up to be (just surprising how many points were scored..)

MattsMe
01-15-2011, 08:50 PM
It was a hell of a game. Flacco isn't quite ready for prime time yet, but he probably will be soon. This looks to be an intense rivalry for years to come.

:drink:

Fire Arians
01-15-2011, 08:51 PM

what he said

steelerchad
01-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Wow. I know I wouldn't be ready to post yet if that just happened to my team. Kudos to you.

SH-Rock
01-15-2011, 08:53 PM

This

bdravens
01-15-2011, 08:58 PM
I know I said i'd root against the Pats, but right now I can't think about who I want to win next week. You guys are lucky you don't experience this heartbreak shit too much.

Fire Arians
01-15-2011, 09:01 PM
I know I said i'd root against the Pats, but right now I can't think about who I want to win next week. You guys are lucky you don't experience this heartbreak shit too much.

we've had plenty. mostly due to the most hated pats. most steeler fans hate the patriots more than any other team in the league bc of it

bdravens
01-15-2011, 09:05 PM
we've had plenty. mostly due to the most hated pats. most steeler fans hate the patriots more than any other team in the league bc of it

I mean you just never seem to lose against us when it counts. I'm perplexed as to how our offense can go from its best showing of the year one week, to a barely over 100 yard effort the next.

harrison'samonster
01-15-2011, 09:06 PM
thanks, can't wait until next year. this is the best rivalry in football, nothing like it

saveus1011
01-15-2011, 09:06 PM
BDRavens,

Can't thank you enough for making this the best rivalry in all of sports!

bdravens
01-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks for accepting me over here and engaging in good conversation, didn't know quite what to expect.

saveus1011
01-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Contrary to popular belief, not all Steelers fans are bad :P

MasterOfPuppets
01-15-2011, 09:11 PM
I mean you just never seem to lose against us when it counts. I'm perplexed as to how our offense can go from its best showing of the year one week, to a barely over 100 yard effort the next.
pssssst ....its called defense ...:toofunny:

Fire Arians
01-15-2011, 09:14 PM

i know I'm probably not helping any, but the ravens are the team that give me the most stressful games to watch. 3 times we played this year, 3 times i was scared that we lost during more than 1 point in each game.

today's game imo was decided by 1 play. if we didn't convert that 3rd and 19 to brown, I think the ravens win. it was that close. sucks there has to be a loser, both teams played their asses off.

bdravens
01-15-2011, 09:16 PM
i know I'm probably not helping any, but the ravens are the team that give me the most stressful games to watch. 3 times we played this year, 3 times i was scared that we lost during more than 1 point in each game.

today's game imo was decided by 1 play. if we didn't convert that 3rd and 19 to brown, I think the ravens win. it was that close. sucks there has to be a loser, both teams played their asses off.

It's even worse considering it seemed like we had the game in the bag. Suggs was in Ben's head the entire first half, but our typical second half offense showed up (or didn't show up, however you want to look at it).

theplatypus
01-15-2011, 09:19 PM
It's even worse considering it seemed like we had the game in the bag. Suggs was in Ben's head the entire first half, but our typical second half offense showed up (or didn't show up, however you want to look at it).

You've got to give a little bit of credit to our defense.

toughsticks87
01-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Suggs is a beast, I hate to say, but he is. Great (albeit weird) game, and please come back!

bdravens
01-15-2011, 09:24 PM
I waited so long for this game, yet all I get is a bleeding throat, a headache from all the yelling, and now I have to shave my Flacco beard. SHIT!

Fire Arians
01-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Suggs is a beast, I hate to say, but he is. Great (albeit weird) game, and please come back!

i know, i was disappointed when he didn't get signed by dallas lol

tony hipchest
01-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Thanks for accepting me over here and engaging in good conversation, didn't know quite what to expect.

youre more than welcome. feel free to stick around. we enjoy opponents fans who arent here to troll or be a dick. :drink:

I waited so long for this game, yet all I get is a bleeding throat, a headache from all the yelling, and now I have to shave my Flacco beard. SHIT!

are you gonna keep the joe flacco unibrow? :chuckle:

Kanata-Steeler
01-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Thankyou bdravens, you guys(Ranens) are always the most physical team the Steelers have had to face for many years now, and hopefully many more years.
Cheers.

Pentheon
01-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Good ass game, I love Steelers vs Ravens games, nothin beats it...

bdravens
01-15-2011, 10:18 PM
youre more than welcome. feel free to stick around. we enjoy opponents fans who arent here to troll or be a dick. :drink:

are you gonna keep the joe flacco unibrow? :chuckle:

Nah ain't got one a those lol.

Chadmagic
01-15-2011, 10:52 PM
Glad to have u around!! If we had lost, next week I'd b a Ravens fan! Cause they are the only other Smash Mouth team in the NFL! I love our 2 teams and the rivalries are so good because it's like we are playing ourselves.

As bad as u hate us because we always seem to win when its the playoffs, we feel the same way about the Pats. Any hints/tips??

By the way the Steelers/Ravens rivalry is now at 10-8 steelers. So closer than u prob think!

hammy36
01-15-2011, 11:03 PM
Man, what a game. That's what this rivalry is all about. I dislike the Ravens maybe the most but also respect them more than any other team in the NFL, by far. As much that if (God forbid) the Steelers were to not exisit, I'd probably have to revert to the Ravens, simply because they are basically the Steelers but in black and purple. That's what makes this rivalry so special. Many props to you BD for posting here after your heartbreaking loss (I honestly can empathize) so respectfully and many blessings to you and yours. Here's to a 2011 season of much the same!

caplovestroyp43
01-15-2011, 11:16 PM
Congrats, you guys deserved this game. Before that 3rd and 19 play, I said out loud if they get this 3rd down somehow, they deserve to win. This one is going to sting for a while, but all I can say is congratulations and can't wait till next year.

You are a class act and we appreciate your show of excellent sportsmanship. I have to agree. This is football the way it was meant to be. Hell of a game. We look forward to meeting you twice next year and do hope you will hang out with us.

Again, your display of excellent sportsmanship is to be admired and respected. :thumbsup::hatsoff::tt02:

bdravens
01-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Thanks guys. I guess I'll have to come around here this week and over the weekend and chill with my new buds...lol.

caplovestroyp43
01-15-2011, 11:21 PM

We didn't either but we found out that you are a very nice person and posting with you was fun. Please do stick around. We'd like that.

And I suspect even if it would have gone the other way, we still would have welcomed you here. :-)

Wallace108
01-15-2011, 11:55 PM

A good poster is a good poster, regardless of what team he cheers for. You're definitely accepted here, and I'd like to see you hang around. :drink:

StainlessStill
01-16-2011, 12:00 AM

Thank you very much man. Very sincere about accepting your congrats since you may be the ONLY Ravens fan I possibly ever liked. Please come back and check in once in awhile, it was a pleasure to talk to a sensible Ravens fan. Congrats on next season, I'm sure Baltimore won't go away lightly!

pancake
01-16-2011, 12:03 AM
Nah ain't got one a those lol.

You're a class act... :thumbsup:

pittguy578
01-16-2011, 12:05 AM
I think 5-6 years ago there was genuine hate..when Joey Porter wanted to fight Ray Lewis lol..but I don't hate the Ravens now.. I respect them. I think they earn every win they get. Only team I actually hate are the Pats because I think a lot of their success came from suspect means, and the Steelers should probably have seven rings right now..and working on 8.

sharkweek
01-16-2011, 12:17 AM

I never got over the forward lateral from 2001 that gifted the Pats that AFC Championship and a trip to their first superbowl win.

I can't say for sure how I'd feel if we had lost this game, but I'm pretty sure I'd still root for the Ravens over the Pats. I can't see rooting for the Pats against any team as long as Brady and Belichick are there. I was a huge Ravens fan last season in that wild card curb stomping they gave the Pats.

Third Rail
01-16-2011, 12:27 AM
Damn, a classy Ravens fan. You are truly awesome dude, although I must admit, I haven't met many like you.

Congrats on your team doing so well this year and keeping the Steelers/Ravens rivalry strong.

stb_steeler
01-16-2011, 12:30 AM

Guys like you are allways welcome here. You are one of the few that comes here and doesnt spew a bunch of bull. I hope members here have treated you the same. :wink02: At least you came back on after a loss, not like some one we know (bobbyjr.).lol

CaliStillersFan
01-16-2011, 12:41 AM

Oh we have it's called the 80's. :noidea:

Thanks for stopping by BD, it was a hell of a game today. Hopefully we can represent the AFC North the right way next week. You know there's no way you can root for a NY/Boston team, screw those smug a-holes.

:tt03:

Third Rail
01-16-2011, 12:41 AM
Speaking of bobby jr., has he reared his Suggly head around here, post-game?

ricardisimo
01-16-2011, 02:58 AM
Speaking of bobby jr., has he reared his Suggly head around here, post-game?
He got banned, last I checked. He put the broken record act on, and after the fortieth repetition the hammer came down.

Third Rail
01-16-2011, 03:00 AM
Tragic. I was hoping he would stop by and tell us all how we're going to get owned by the Ravens next year. LOL

ricardisimo
01-16-2011, 03:17 AM
Tragic. I was hoping he would stop by and tell us all how we're going to get owned by the Ravens next year. LOL
Good idea. Let's ask Mom, Pete and Tony to un-ban him for a few minutes.

stlrtruck
01-16-2011, 03:17 AM
Class act bdraven. However, I'm already tired of the talking heads mentioning that the ravens gave it away in the second half. But yet they don't say the Steelers gave away the first half.

It was a great game. The ravens dominated the first half, and their defense did what they were suppose to do, give the offense a short field. The Steelers dominated the second half and it seemed once the Steelers tied it the ravens never bounced back.

Great game, and you're alright (for a ravens fan that is) in my book.

SacknificentStew56
01-16-2011, 04:31 AM

We've experienced our fair share of heartbreaks during the Kordell Stewart era and Ben's first AFC Champ game in the Burgh.

bdravens
01-16-2011, 12:44 PM
I woke up this morning hoping to feel better, it wasn't happening. It's going to be a long offseason for us Raven fans.

tony hipchest
01-16-2011, 12:51 PM
I woke up this morning hoping to feel better, it wasn't happening. It's going to be a long offseason for us Raven fans.i hope ray lewis and all those other mouthy players feel 10X worse.

i literally hope that they wake up with an intense pain so deep in their chest they feel as if a knife is penetrating their heart.

i hope this was the worse loss they ever suffered in their lives, because i know they went into the locker room at heinze field at half, barking and feeling ****y as hell.

i wish the same for john harbaugh who thinks his team has NEVER comitted a single penalty in any game he has ever coached.

Wallace108
01-16-2011, 12:58 PM
I woke up this morning hoping to feel better, it wasn't happening. It's going to be a long offseason for us Raven fans.

It could be worse, bdravens ... you could be Cleveland.
Wait, you were Cleveland. :chuckle:

Seriously though, the first day after a playoff loss is always the hardest for me. I'm in too much shock after the game to be disappointed. But reality sets in the next day. I know what you're feeling.

Buddha Bus
01-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the congrats, BD. You're a classy, knowledgeable dude who's welcome here anytime. We welcome any fans from any team who aren't obvious shithead trolls. Great game yesterday. I'm sure the Ravens will be back again next year to give us more headaches. That's the only way I expect it to be. :drink:

bdravens
01-16-2011, 01:07 PM
i hope ray lewis and all those other mouthy players feel 10X worse.

i literally hope that they wake up with an intense pain so deep in their chest they feel as if a knife is penetrating their heart.

i hope this was the worse loss they ever suffered in their lives, because i know they went into the locker room at heinze field at half, barking and feeling ****y as hell.

i wish the same for john harbaugh who thinks his team has NEVER comitted a single penalty in any game he has ever coached.

At least you didn't say I should feel that way. I would've stayed away after that lol.

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 01:09 PM

I'm still grinning from ear to ear.

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 01:10 PM
It could be worse, bdravens ... you could be Cleveland.
Wait, you were Cleveland. :chuckle:

Seriously though, the first day after a playoff loss is always the hardest for me. I'm in too much shock after the game to be disappointed. But reality sets in the next day. I know what you're feeling.

i bet cleveland feels even worse. that ravens team that won a super bowl shoulda been their team lol

SteelCityMom
01-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Good idea. Let's ask Mom, Pete and Tony to un-ban him for a few minutes.

Was already taken care of last night...though I'm sure he won't be back until next season. The humor of it all was just too enticing to not unban him.

And bdravens, thanks for the congrats (though I know in your gut you don't mean it :chuckle: ).

It was a very good game, with a lot more scoring than either team is used to when they see each other. And believe me, we understand your disappointment. The Pats*** own us in the very same way.

You're welcome here anytime and thanks again for the kind posts.

Wallace108
01-16-2011, 01:17 PM
i bet cleveland feels even worse. that ravens team that won a super bowl shoulda been their team lol

When we played the Ravens in the AFC Championship a few years ago, I kept asking some of my friends (who are Browns fans) who they were rooting for. They weren't amused. :sofunny:

Wallace108
01-16-2011, 01:19 PM
The Pats*** owned us in the very same way.

Fixed it for ya, Mom. :thumbsup: Past tense! Past tense!

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 01:20 PM
When we played the Ravens in the AFC Championship a few years ago, I kept asking some of my friends (who are Browns fans) who they were rooting for. They weren't amused. :sofunny:

i wouldn't be surprised if they hate the ravens more than us, the ravens owner ****ed them over bad

bdravens
01-16-2011, 01:34 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if they hate the ravens more than us, the ravens owner ****ed them over bad

Who likes Cleveland? What does that city have besides shitty sports teams lol?

Buddha Bus
01-16-2011, 01:35 PM

Apparently Drew Carey likes Cleveland.... and that's about it. :chuckle:

steelax04
01-16-2011, 03:20 PM

With all due respect to KC... you guys played KC. Flacco had very little pressure riding on his shoulders and they didn't put the pressure on like the Steelers.

Very true... this was a game that was going to be decided by turnovers, and that's what happened. Steelers down big with a -2 and then come through with a win when it went to +1 (for the Steelers). It wasn't exactly like the Steelers put up 400 yards either. Both teams capitalized on the turnovers, the Steelers just had one more.

Exactly the type of game I expected... 7 points or less.

steelcityboyz
01-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Good hard fought game by the ravens. With that said, I've lost all respect for 80% of raven fans. Being over to a ravens board all i read was how the refs were giving the game to the 'STEALERS' How the NFL has a conspirisy to have the Steelers advance before the ravens in the playoffs.

Face it Raven fans, your team lost to a better Steeler team!

I've never seen a bunch of whiney crybaby bitches in my life.

ricardisimo
01-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Which explains why he's living and working here in LA.

GMU Steeler
01-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks man. Wish there were more Ravens fans like you who accept defeat with humility and don't use it to whine about the refs like some of your fans I know are doing.

bdravens
01-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Really? The JETS?!?!?! We would've had a home playoff game for once, too :(

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 08:11 PM

I know this is like rubbing salt in a wound, but could of, would of, should of

bdravens
01-16-2011, 08:19 PM
I know this is like rubbing salt in a wound, but could of, would of, should of

More like pouring salt in a wound.

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 08:23 PM
More like pouring salt in a wound.

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to be quite that painful. :drink:

steelerohio
01-16-2011, 09:33 PM

Didn't i see a picture of him in Steelers gear at Heinz Field? Or was i dreaming?

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/pierogisnat/drew_at_heinz_field.jpg

I did I did I did see Drew in Steelers gear!

StainlessStill
01-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Peaking back into this thread. Why the hell is there a pic of Drew Carey? haha

toughsticks87
01-16-2011, 11:03 PM
Most obvious photoshop ever hahahaha

StainlessStill
01-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Most obvious photoshop ever hahahaha

Yeah, that's pretty bad. What the hell is on his neck? Looks like he got chewed up by Coojo or something and the doctors worked frantically to sew him back up.

CaliStillersFan
01-17-2011, 12:30 AM

Sorry bro, I was thinking the same thing right after the Jets game; I bet the Ravens fans are even more bummed out now. I could care less what happens from here out, it's guaranteed to be great football, and the Pats and their whiny fans are done for the season.

bdravens
01-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Sorry bro, I was thinking the same thing right after the Jets game; I bet the Ravens fans are even more bummed out now. I could care less what happens from here out, it's guaranteed to be great football, and the Pats and their whiny fans are done for the season.

I can't root for either team, but IF the Jets are going to win, please send a memo to someone to knock that dirty beaner quarterback outta the game so they get rolled on in the Super Bowl.

GermericanSteelerFan
01-17-2011, 01:07 PM
The Steelers have been doing to the Ravens what Iowa have been doing to my Nittany Lions the past few years - so I have an idea of how you feel.

7steelcurtain5
01-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks, this is what a playoff game should be... close and personal!

MDSteel15
01-17-2011, 01:31 PM

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! And I can't figure out why it is there..... :noidea:

ricardisimo
01-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Having grown up just outside of Cleveburgh, and having witnessed the mythic ineptitude of the city on almost all fronts, I have nothing but sympathy and pity for them. I still can't understand why anyone lives there. It's kind of like an IQ test, I think: at eighteen, you either move away or you're a moron.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 02:08 PM
I can't root for either team, but IF the Jets are going to win, please send a memo to someone to knock that dirty beaner quarterback outta the game so they get rolled on in the Super Bowl.

come on man, that's not cool.

steelerohio
01-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Yeah... that was a pretty big body for such a small head :rofl:

fer522
01-17-2011, 05:56 PM
is that a photoshop?

bdravens
01-17-2011, 06:19 PM
come on man, that's not cool.

My bad, I didn't mean to offend anyone. Ok, I hate that piece Of shit...