PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed by The Annoucers?

Deserei90
01-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Was anyone else annoyed by those damn announcers? Throughout the game, All they was talking about is Ravens this, Ravens That. Oh well, I'm not mad or anything just pointing that out. I'm too busy celebrating to hate:tt04::tt02::tt::downspin::sign02:

OX1947
01-15-2011, 09:12 PM
I actually liked it. They jinxed the crap out of them. Keep it up hahahahahahhahahha, YEAH!

skinart82
01-15-2011, 09:13 PM
they always do that. During the Atlanta game I actually thought Mora was gonna go down on the field and service matt ryan!

Deserei90
01-15-2011, 09:13 PM
I actually liked it. They jinxed the crap out of them. Keep it up hahahahahahhahahha, YEAH!They sure did:sofunny: I didn't think about that.

MattsMe
01-15-2011, 09:15 PM
I muted it at halftime and tuned into WDVE. Tunch and Wolf are more exciting and know the game inside and out.

kirklandrules
01-15-2011, 09:16 PM
I guess they forgot to send the memo to Steelers Nation that the Ratbirds have arrived!

TRH
01-15-2011, 09:17 PM
when the Raven's were on their roll, man, you could hear the excitement in their voices.....they were pulling for the Ravens HARD, you could just tell Dierdorf wanted us to lose.
I would have rather listened to Collinsworth call the game or Gruden.

mesaSteeler
01-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Was anyone else annoyed by those damn announcers? Throughout the game, All they was talking about is Ravens this, Ravens That. Oh well, I'm not mad or anything just pointing that out. I'm too busy celebrating to hate:tt04::tt02::tt::downspin::sign02:

You got this one right. I gave up watching it on TV and used NFL Field pass to listen to Hillgrove and the boys.

jjpro11
01-15-2011, 09:27 PM
you thought this was bad? wait until we get to hear Nantz and Simms next week in Foxborough.

TRH
01-15-2011, 09:31 PM
you thought this was bad? wait until we get to hear Nantz and Simms next week in Foxborough.

Thats going to be ugly if we get that announcing team at some point. If Simms would be a tad bit more fair and unbiased, he'd be one of the best in the business.

fer522
01-15-2011, 09:33 PM
i used the SAP option
spanish baby it was pretty awesome

Stanley
01-15-2011, 09:36 PM
Sometimes you wonder if the TV commentators are watching the same game.
:chuckle:

kirklandrules
01-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Thats going to be ugly if we get that announcing team at some point. If Simms would be a tad bit more fair and unbiased, he'd be one of the best in the business.

He still says "eeemm" instead of "him". And when he totally contradicts himself ... :puke:. I can't stand when we get Simms. He's a dumb bastard.

lionslicer
01-15-2011, 11:12 PM
I didn't really see a problem with anything... I know in the past they have been biased towards the Steelers during games. Just because an announcer is saying nice about the other team doesn't mean they hate the Steelers, stop the whole "everyone is against the Steelers" bit, that's more annoying.

Only Steeler hater in the League is Goodell

sharkweek
01-16-2011, 12:06 AM
Seemed like more of the same, however on thing that really pissed me off was how Dan Dierdoofus harped on how it must have been the first time ever that a team got delay of game while running the hurry up offense. HEY RETARD, NO-HUDDLE IS NOT THE SAME THING AS HURRY-UP. Its amazing to think these guys were paid to master the game and can screw up so badly with some of the basic knowledge...

I also noticed that Greg Gumble would call TDs before the WRs actually completed the catch. Sure, they were wide open with perfect passes to them but they could have just dropped the ball like Boldin did but Gumble would still call the TD a split second before the WR would secure the catch. Happened on both sides.

I suppose that's why there are coaches because I guess most (although certainly not all) of these players really are just dumb jocks.

finesward
01-16-2011, 12:07 AM
they always do that. During the Atlanta game I actually thought Mora was gonna go down on the field and service matt ryan!

Really? Cause I thought at one point troy aikman was literally jerking off to aaron rodgers.

CaliStillersFan
01-16-2011, 12:22 AM
I can't stand any of the announcers. I've been saying for years if they wanted to make it fun for the fans and thus making the NFL more popular; each team should have their own announcers with the ability to play by play and color commentary and let the home announcers do the play by play and the visiting announcer the opposite. That way we'd get 2 people in the box that knew the in's and out's of both teams playing, instead of these overpaid ex-athletes and coaches that just deliver same canned lines that they use for each team. They also could talk a little smack back and forth and that would definitely make it more fun and interesting. I can't wait until I'm back in the Burg next season so I can mute these idiots and listen to WDVE.

scsteeler
01-16-2011, 12:45 AM

You are so Right the annoucers have their picks. I think of all the commentators only 3 picked the Steelers to Win. They just feel that the Ravens are the Better Team. Why I don't know just look at the AFC North over the Past 6 years and Tell me who owns this division.

BGSU A Dub
01-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Yes I was very annoyed by the announcers. We couldn't take it any longer so we turned on the ipod for the second half and made our own commentary (a lot more colorful). I honestly think I enjoyed this game a lot more after turning the commentary off.

SH-Rock
01-16-2011, 11:26 AM
I loved it when they shup them up after the turnovers. They were absolutely shocked out of their minds.

TRH
01-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Really? Cause I thought at one point troy aikman was literally jerking off to aaron rodgers.

if you think that was bad, just tune it to "NFL Gameday" or "Sportscenter" today. Its almost nothing but Rogers. Rogers this, Rogers that, Rogers, Rogers.....Not even close to the coverage on your game.
I think there was a more exciting game than that one played yesterday in Pittsburgh, don't you? Not to mention an Elway-like clutch performance from Ben at the end. You would think it would be the other way around.

mesaSteeler
01-16-2011, 11:27 AM
If you think it was bad this week just imagine how bad it will be if we play the media's darlings, the Cheats. I feel sick just thinking about it. I'll put the sound down on the TV and bring up Hillgrove and boys on NFL field pass.

FanSince72
01-16-2011, 11:45 AM
I actually didn't hear the entire second half.

When the thrid quarter was about to start, I hit the "mute" button because I didn't want to hear the usual over-the-top praise for the Ravens that announcers get into (I'll admit, I was pissed at the time).

So I kept the sound off and we started making things happen. So, not being one to want to accidentally jinx anything, I kept the sound off and we kept scoring and beating down the Ratbirds offense.

It was then that I decided to keep the sound off until it didn't matter, which was pretty much right after Ben's pass to Brown with 1:53 left.

Luckily, I DVR'd the game and after it was over, I went back and watched the second half with the sound on because I just had to see for myself once again that what I just witnessed was for real and even though I already knew how it ended, it was fun to see it all again -- and hear the sounds of the game this time.

As for Deirdorf and Gumbel, I actually like them doing a game. They go with the flow and they praise whomever deserves it as the game goes on. If I was to guess though, I'd say that they're both Steeler fans (definitely Deirdorf) and I sensed that they too were very happy with the outcome.

I'm just glad it wasn't Nantz and Simms.

When THEY do I game, I turn the sound off not for any magical reasons, but simply because I can't stand either one of them.

plenewken
01-16-2011, 11:48 AM
I muted it at halftime and tuned into WDVE. Tunch and Wolf are more exciting and know the game inside and out.

I wish I could do it but there's a delay of several seconds between WDVE and the action on TV and I can't stand it.

Superbowl
01-16-2011, 11:58 AM

I hate Troy Aikman as an announcer. Plays up his favorites and downplays the real superstars.

NYC_Steeler
01-16-2011, 12:25 PM
I loved it when Dierdorf, during the Ravens fumbled snap in the 3rd qtr with 1:04 remaining said "This place might come apart if those arms (meaning the refs) point towards... THERE IT GOES!!" and the stadium erupted and the cameras panned all over the stadium. That was CLASSIC!

steelerage
01-16-2011, 01:45 PM
I was annoyed by a host of announcers on saturday. first and foremost were those 2 idiots Warren Sapp and Michael Irvin getting all excited and squealing like little girls when NFL Network cut to Ray Ray Lewis arriving at Heinz Field for the game. O f course those two picked the Ravens to win the game. Same with the king of the idiots Shannon Sharpe. He picked Baltimore also and was almost urinating on himself telling us how wonderful RayBunnie, Ed "Looks like a homeless guy"Reed and Terrell Thuggs were. Of course, after the game, on CBS' wrapup, Sharpe's comment as they were cutting to commercial was how biased the officiating was...And COWHER tossed him a handkerchief to cry in! PRICELESS!!

SacknificentStew56
01-16-2011, 01:48 PM
I could've been worse like having Aikman and Buck in the booth. I'm more focused on what's happening play by play instead of their commentary. It does absolutely nothing for me.

cubanstogie
01-16-2011, 01:52 PM
I could've been worse like having Aikman and Buck in the booth. I'm more focused on what's happening play by play instead of their commentary. It does absolutely nothing for me.

to each his own, Aikman and Buck are the best in the business IMO.

jjpro11
01-16-2011, 01:59 PM
Aikman and Buck are at least unbiased.. even Aikman doing Cowboys games, you'd never believe he was a Cowboys hero from listening to him during their games. Nantz and Simms are the worst. their outright favoritism for the Patriots is sickening.

finesward
01-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Aikman and Buck are at least unbiased.. even Aikman doing Cowboys games, you'd never believe he was a Cowboys hero from listening to him during their games. Nantz and Simms are the worst. their outright favoritism for the Patriots is sickening.

Whatever, aikman for whatever reason has a total woody for aaron rodgers. He kept going on and on about him last night "If I had to build a team around any QB in the league it would be aaron rodgers"

Rodgers is one or two more concussions from being in the same boat as aikman. He can't take a hit to save his life. Gimme a tough SOB like Ben anyday over Rodgers. Those prissy QB's are great when they don't have any defenders in their face but until the NFL outlaws hitting the QB (which I'm sure is coming soon) then I'll take a tough QB over glass-jawed backup who only has 3 years starting in the league and a couple concussions away from permanent brain damage.

fer522
01-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Whatever, aikman for whatever reason has a total woody for aaron rodgers. He kept going on and on about him last night "If I had to build a team around any QB in the league it would be aaron rodgers"

i think he wet his panties just talking about him :chuckle:

fer522
02-06-2011, 12:48 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=74107&l=4678fae35b&id=100001994625100

tube517
02-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Joe Buck is a baseball guy. Can't carry his father's underwear in any sport. Aikman gives ARodg massages in the offseason.