PDA

View Full Version : OK... who threw in the towel?

tony hipchest
01-15-2011, 10:51 PM
...when the steelers were down by 14 points and suisham missed that easilly makable FG going into the half?

rollcall.

i think every week we should comb through the gameday thread and list all the members who gave up so we can all laugh at them in humiliating fashion.

todays game (amongst many others) is why i NEVER give up on my steelers. thay have no quit in them, and as long as there is enough time on the clock, i always feel they can AND WILL overcome any deficit.

to be honest i did say that if the steelers werent able tu run with rashard (which they werent) and if ben kept getting sacked every 3 snaps (which it seemed like he was) they would not be able to win.

then the 2nd half started.

if anyone wants to list the debbie downers, and those who said this team sucked and that the season was all over, i will laugh.

theplatypus
01-15-2011, 10:53 PM
Mach,Kanata and several others. At least Mach came into an earlier thread calling them out and ate some raven.

theplatypus
01-15-2011, 10:55 PM
wickedsteel was another one, but he always has some negative bs to say. I honestly don't think he's made one positive comment in a game day thread ever.

tony hipchest
01-15-2011, 10:57 PM
MACH!?!?!?! say it isnt so!

bu...bu...bu...boldin. :sofunny:

OX1947
Kinda felt the same way I felt when the Lakers were down 13 in the 3rd in game 7 this past June. Numb, no feeling either way. I've seen too many games and too many comebacks to really ever give up.

sasquatch
I admit I was a little down at first but you can't kill my faith in the Stillers!:tt02:

theplatypus
01-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Avalon???? went as far to ask for Charlie Batch

SteelCityMom
I got pissed off and typed some stupid shit...but then had a few shots and calmed down. :chuckle:

My positive to negative ratio is quite high though, so it doesn't count.

VegasStlrFan
not me, the wife even said it was a lost cause....I told her to take he happy ass to the garage with the negativity.

mesaSteeler
01-15-2011, 11:00 PM
I did I freely admit because I didn't think the Ratbird would melt down that badly. Thank God Big Ben started calling the plays instead of Airhead or we would have lost.

If we play like this against Brady we are dead meat.

Pentheon
not me, was at the game and was down a little since things werent goin our way but you cant EVER give up on the steelers, we might not have the most productive offense but they some how pull through when it doesn't look like it can be done and you can always rely on our defense to pull through to make big stops.

I never give up on em.

Fire Arians
i didn't but i still said fire arians and will continue to do so

now if you asked me if i was afraid, I will admit that

theplatypus
01-15-2011, 11:01 PM
TRH is another

MattsMe
01-15-2011, 11:01 PM
My personal favorite:

Great play call. ugh. This team is a joke. FGs aren't gonna beat this team.

Boo them heinz. Boo them loud and boo them when they come back out on the field. This has been the most pathetic display of professional football that I have ever seen. Auburn could have done better against the Ravens. Next year better start the rebuilding process. O linemen need to be drafted, corners need to be drafted. Coaches need to be fired. Baltimore will be the class of the AFC North for awhile now. They have an excellent O line, big receivers, Ray Rice and most of all YOUTH.

Ben will continued to get destroyed and I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave on a stretcher. Then we can see Leftwich come in and the Ravens score 4 more defensive TDs.

Totally pathetic performance out there. You can't give teams points like that, especially the Ravens. The Steelers pathetic offense actually think that they can score two more TDs against this team while keeping them off the board at the same time?

There goes Ben again! Goodnight.

I saved the best for last:

Troy overpursuing once again. Two turnovers inside the 20 against the Ravens, are you kidding me? Stupid.

At least we lose today instead of REALLY getting embarrassed by the Pats next week. It would have been REALLY ugly.

Boo the living **** out of this offense Heinz! They deserve to feel like the garbage that they are after this performance. If ANYONE thinks that this team can score THREE more times against this Ravens D needs medication. The Ravens will win this game 31-10 with another pick 6 defensive TD before it is all said and done. So much for Troy being so important to this D. he has missed Rice twice and it has directly led to TDs both times.

This team is past their prime and will begin the decline to mediocrity next season. The defense is old and the secondary is beyond pathetic. The O line isn't even college worthy and the ST is a train wreck.

There are quite a few more flashes of brilliance in the gameday thread, but I think these pretty much capture the essence of this thread.

Great idea by the way.

theplatypus
01-15-2011, 11:04 PM
pittsurghsteelers4life

Chadmagic
We gave the Ravens a short field 2X in the first half. They did thr same in the second half. But we were able to score when their wasn't a turnover. THAT was the difference.

MattsMe
Avalon???? went as far to ask for Charlie Batch

:sofunny: I remember seeing that. Nice catch.

theplatypus
Eztarget

theplatypus
01-15-2011, 11:05 PM
ETL is yet another

mesaSteeler
01-15-2011, 11:06 PM
i didn't but i still said fire arians and will continue to do so

now if you asked me if i was afraid, I will admit that

And you would be completely correct to say Fire Arians. As long as the Airhead is our OC I have no faith we can win a game.

theplatypus
Here's Mesa's contribution.Gotta agree. This game is over. Hey Tomlin what the hell did you do for two weeks to get ready for this game?

harrison'samonster
i'll admit to thinking it was over going into half-time, but I wasn't going to admit it or give up. And I wasn't about to bring any negativity to the forum.
I live near Cleveland and don't get to see more than 4 or 5 Steelers games a year, and I was just happy thinking that I would get at least one more half to watch steelers football this year!

mesaSteeler
01-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Here's Mesa's contribution.

Cmon platypus defend your God Airhead. I challenge you . See thread
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=66557

I have no faith that we can win as long as he is our OC.

harrison'samonster
yeah, the quote by wickedsteel, predicting future domination by the Ravens gave me a good laugh

Buddha Bus
I kept cheerleading my group of friends. I was telling them that as long as we kept it within 10 points in the 4th quarter, the Ravens D might get tired and anything could happen. I was discouraged by halftme, but not counting them out. Good job Steelers!

Fire Arians
01-15-2011, 11:09 PM
I would have thrown in the towel if we went down by 21. but 14, too early to tell. 1TD and it's a 1 score ballgame

we have weapons and it's not like ben hasn't done it before

mesaSteeler
01-15-2011, 11:11 PM
We got lucky that Flakeo is not ready for prime time. Against Brady it would have been over.

caplovestroyp43
01-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Well my mom had them dead and buried by half time and my dad had the NERVE to cheer for the dam Rats!!!

I NEVER gave up. She told me they were done I told her "I don't believe that. We'll come back in the second half and we will win this game."

I'm getting too old for games like this! Maybe next time they play I can have a defib machine handy! :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!! :tt02::tt02:

theplatypus
JCPSteelers is yet another

harrison'samonster
I kept cheerleading my group of friends. I was telling them that as long as we kept it within 10 points in the 4th quarter, the Ravens D might get tired and anything could happen. I was discouraged by halftme, but not counting them out. Good job Steelers!

I agree, with a half of a game left, it was way too early to give up. I still had some hope it would come down to the end, like we had pretty much all figured from the beginning.

Fire Arians
01-15-2011, 11:13 PM
We got lucky that Flakeo is not ready for prime time. Against Brady it would have been over.

i think he is, his stats speak for itself. can't discredit our defense too much, they were great. i think 2nd meeting against brady, the defense will be ready for him.

we got the patriots this time, i think we can beat them. call me crazy lol

who knows they might even lose to the jets, they still have to a play a football game tomorrow.

theplatypus
01-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Cmon platypus defend your God Airhead. I challenge you . See thread
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=66557

I have no faith that we can win as long as he is our OC.

Dude just be quiet and eat your crow. I know you love too bash Arians but he's nowhere near as bad as y'all make him out to be. You love to blame Arians for Ben holding onto the football for a week. For Christ sake you blamed him for Ben's and Mendy's fumbles.

ETL
01-15-2011, 11:19 PM
ETL is yet another

I freely admit it. I said "it's over". But if you notice, I kept posting until the end of the game.

I was basically expressing my frustration at how badly we played but I would submit that I never gave hope up because I continued to watch. Why would I watch a game if I know we were done. Having said that:

I don't give a flying **** what I said in the heat of he game. I know how I feel about this team and nothings gonna change that even a 42-0 loss to the ravens.

And two, it's kinda nice to get noticed. I was kinda sad that no one was callin me out until this post. Thanks. So of I guess

Eztarget
01-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Eztarget

Yep. Guilty.

Realistically though the way Raven/Steelers games go 14 points looked HUGE at that point. It's like the teams switched uniforms at halfime though. The Ravens 3 turnovers were horrible.

How many people here honestly can say we'd outscore Baltimore 24-3 in the second half? Hell we barely do that in two games against that defense.

But I'm eating some tasty crow!

theplatypus
01-15-2011, 11:21 PM
There were a few others that kind of danced around it without actually saying it's over, but I'll give them a pass.

ETL
01-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Platypus, who made you Joe McCarthy?

I don't what u say. Keep it going if it floats your boat. This is one of the Best Steelers Win Ever!!!!

MattsMe
01-15-2011, 11:22 PM
As fun as it is to laugh at those who gave up early, I'd just like to say I respect the ones that posted in this thread and admitted they jumped the gun. :tt02:

As far as the rest of the doubters, you're all idiots. :chuckle:

lionslicer
01-15-2011, 11:23 PM
I said to myself "if the Steelers turn it over again at the start of the 3rd quarter, i'll throw in the towel" but they ended up scoring, so I kept watching lol.

Fire Arians
01-15-2011, 11:24 PM
instead of throwing fellow fans under the bus we should really celebrate this win. we're in the afc championship god damnit :)

MasterOfPuppets
01-15-2011, 11:25 PM
I got pissed off and typed some stupid shit...but then had a few shots and calmed down. :chuckle:

My positive to negative ratio is quite high though, so it doesn't count.
hmmmm...:scratchchin: we'll have to review the evidence ..:mg: ...in the mean time...don't leave the state ...we'll be in touch.

VegasStlrFan
01-15-2011, 11:28 PM
I kept a PMA but i did crack a beer after Ben's fumble, just to keep the nerves in check

pitt0wns
01-15-2011, 11:31 PM
I was just over the officials and the game at halftime, but I had faith. I knew our D had them locked down and just the turnovers killed us. Our O is by far better than Baltimore's and thats the difference.

tony hipchest
01-15-2011, 11:32 PM
As fun as it is to laugh at those who gave up early, I'd just like to say I respect the ones that posted in this thread and admitted they jumped the gun. :tt02:

:sofunny: agreed. props to all being a good sport about this thread. i do think it would be fun to point out all the debbie downers who shed their gloom in the gameday thread, on a weekly basis.

to hear them type, you would think this team never belongs in the playoffs and those posters deserve to be held to task for crashing the thread.

MasterOfPuppets
01-15-2011, 11:32 PM
i love a good a good witch hunt ... :chuckle:

the D was playing very well , so i wasn't skeerd .. had they been down by 14 with under 10 to go in the 4th....i'd panic :popcorn:

theplatypus
01-15-2011, 11:33 PM
Platypus, who made you Joe McCarthy?

I don't what u say. Keep it going if it floats your boat. This is one of the Best Steelers Win Ever!!!!

Did you read the last sentence of the OP? And yes I love the fact that y'all bailed on this team before halftime and we won. EAT UP!!!

ETL
01-15-2011, 11:34 PM
To be honest, I am very risk adverse when it comes to the Steelers. I want them to win soooooo bad all the time that it is very hard to make a firm emotional investment. To that degree, it is much easier to "throw in the towel" and be pleasantly surprised at the end than have so much hope built up for a win and be crushed.

Platypus, it's fun that you are calling out these fans but I would hardly doubt that these "doubters" are lesser Steeler fans than you or anyone else who still rooted when the score was bad. There are definitely bandwagon fans but I would argue that some of us are more die-hard than you think. Maybe too much.

mizzouristeeler
01-15-2011, 11:34 PM
at halftime i told my fiance that i doubt we can come back, and she told me if i doubted the steelers i should take off my jersey and go cry in the corner. shes a pretty hardcore fan. so after this win i vow to NEVER DOUBT AGAIN.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire Arians
01-15-2011, 11:35 PM
at halftime i told my fiance that i doubt we can come back, and she told me if i doubted the steelers i should take off my jersey and go cry in the corner. shes a pretty hardcore fan. so after this win i vow to NEVER DOUBT AGAIN.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!

that's a real woman there, she's a keeper bro :tt03:

MasterOfPuppets
01-15-2011, 11:36 PM
the baltimore sun forum is just priceless right now ... they are eating their own over there ....:toofunny:

mizzouristeeler
01-15-2011, 11:40 PM
that's a real woman there, she's a keeper bro :tt03:

i know. she gets more pissed than i do when we lose. its worse than her pms, i swear.

theplatypus
01-15-2011, 11:41 PM
To be honest, I am very risk adverse when it comes to the Steelers. I want them to win soooooo bad all the time that it is very hard to make a firm emotional investment. To that degree, it is much easier to "throw in the towel" and be pleasantly surprised at the end than have so much hope built up for a win and be crushed.

Platypus, it's fun that you are calling out these fans but I would hardly doubt that these "doubters" are lesser Steeler fans than you or anyone else who still rooted when the score was bad. There are definitely bandwagon fans but I would argue that some of us are more die-hard than you think. Maybe too much.

I don't think anyone is a lesser fan. I just refuse to lose faith and until the clock reads 00 I will root for the Steelers. I literally almost called an ambulance my heart was poounding so hard.

SH-Rock
01-15-2011, 11:42 PM
Frustrated yes
give up never

JackHammer
01-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Comb through that thread and you'll find me saying, "Shit ain't over yet!" at halftime.

theplatypus
01-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Comb through that thread and you'll find me saying, "Shit ain't over yet!" at halftime.

I did LOL:tt03:

GMU Steeler
01-15-2011, 11:51 PM
I was pretty worried going in to halftime after Suisham missed the FG. Told my brother who I was watching it that we just needed a good open to the third quarter. We didn't score on the opening drive like I hoped we would but when Clark focred Rice to fumble on third and long, you could just see the momentum shifting and my brother boldly predicted that we'd look back at this moment as the turning point and sure enough it was.

LVSteelersfan
01-15-2011, 11:55 PM
My wife was getting poed because I was getting sullen and ready to throw in the towel. I should have listened to her at that point. 14 down isn't really that bad but I figured the Raven's D was not going to let up and that we would keep getting pinned back all game long. Thank god I was wrong. I never completely give up because of our defense but get really down and clam up so I am not cursing at the top of my lungs and breaking my hand hitting coffee tables. (I almost did that once way back when we lost to Denver in the playoffs) I have only turned the TV off a couple of times when we were getting our butts handed to us by the Patriots because I hate that team with a passion.

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 12:10 AM
the baltimore sun forum is just priceless right now ... they are eating their own over there ....:toofunny:

The Sun forum is hysterical. Flacco must go, Draft a QB, Fire Harbough, Fire Cam, the refs ...

cloppbeast
01-16-2011, 12:12 AM
I made no comments on Steeler's Fever, but I did text my friend:

"We're still in this, but I'm not optimistic"

pitt0wns
01-16-2011, 12:20 AM
We have the Ravens number just like the Patriots have our number thats all it is.

Flacco still hasn't proved anything in the playoffs. He got rattled today and you could see it in his face throughout the 2nd half. Is he a QB that can take the Ravens to the Super Bowl? Prolly not.

Ray Lewis didn't stand out this game and I think he is over-rated. Suggs played phenominal like always and the Ravens punter did a damn good job. If you erase the turnovers on both sides Pittsburgh outplayed them by far.

ETL
01-16-2011, 12:23 AM
I don't think anyone is a lesser fan. I just refuse to lose faith and until the clock reads 00 I will root for the Steelers. I literally almost called an ambulance my heart was poounding so hard.

You have your way to manage stress and I have mine. I still think I'm a good Steeler fan

Couple years ago I got in a heated argument because I criticized the team and how they played. Someone said that real fans don't do that. They point out how they always root for the team thick and thin. I disagreed and still do to this day.

So if you want to root until 0:00 go ahead. I chose to keep my hopes really low - again to probably protect myself. (i usually cant watch espn or listen to sports radio for a week after a bad loss) but I dont know anyone in my area that wants the steelers to win more than me.

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 12:28 AM
You have your way to manage stress and I have mine. I still think I'm a good Steeler fan

Couple years ago I got in a heated argument because I criticized the team and how they played. Someone said that real fans don't do that. They point out how they always root for the team thick and thin. I disagreed and still do to this day.

So if you want to root until 0:00 go ahead. I chose to keep my hopes really low - again to probably protect myself. (i usually cant watch espn or listen to sports radio for a week after a bad loss) but I dont know anyone in my area that wants the steelers to win more than me.

No matter what we have one thing in common. A love for the black and gold!!:drink::tt03::tt02::tt04::hatsoff:

CaliStillersFan
01-16-2011, 12:30 AM
There were 3 people in my house watching and here's how halftime went here:

My wife: "Well this F***'n sucks, we're beating ourselves, I can't watch this crap."

My neighbor: "not looking good - munchy time!"

Me: (shooting my wife a glare) "Who are you? I'm going into the kitchen, getting some hot sausage, and coming back to watch our boys whip some raven ass." :chuckle:

pittsurghsteelers4life
01-16-2011, 12:32 AM
...when the steelers were down by 14 points and suisham missed that easilly makable FG going into the half?

rollcall.

i think every week we should comb through the gameday thread and list all the members who gave up so we can all laugh at them in humiliating fashion.

todays game (amongst many others) is why i NEVER give up on my steelers. thay have no quit in them, and as long as there is enough time on the clock, i always feel they can AND WILL overcome any deficit.

to be honest i did say that if the steelers werent able tu run with rashard (which they werent) and if ben kept getting sacked every 3 snaps (which it seemed like he was) they would not be able to win.

then the 2nd half started.

if anyone wants to list the debbie downers, and those who said this team sucked and that the season was all over, i will laugh.
Man I was scared for a while there I dodnt throw in the towel....but I was scared...

pittsurghsteelers4life
01-16-2011, 12:34 AM
Man I was scared for a while there I dodnt throw in the towel....but I was scared...
That was a SUPER BOWL GAME was all saw today.....DAMM GREEN BAY LOOKS REAL GOOD.

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 12:40 AM

cough

its over for us .....nothing is going right for us....I guess a bye week is BAD FOR A TEAM...

cough

I seem to be choking

cough

We look like shit....WELL I GUESS ITS TIME FOR THE RAVENS TO MOVE ON.......NOW we look DERPERATE :wink02::sofunny:

stb_steeler
01-16-2011, 12:46 AM
I guess the moral to this post is....dont post anything until the fat lady has sung! :applaudit:

pittsurghsteelers4life
01-16-2011, 12:58 AM
I agree...we R going to have to do something about the special team.....what we need is a punt returner BADLY......

pittsurghsteelers4life
01-16-2011, 01:10 AM
MENDENHALL need to start holding on to the ball.....well we know. Now now to put the ball in our kicker hand....that could have cost us @ the end..OUR KICKER WAS SCARED

Sixburgher
01-16-2011, 01:13 AM
MENDENHALL need to start holding on to the ball.....well we know.

That was his 3rd fumble all season. :rolleyes:

JackHammer
01-16-2011, 01:27 AM

The Sun forum is hysterical. Flacco must go, Draft a QB, Fire Harbough, Fire Cam, the refs ...

From the Sun forums under the title "Finally, A small Vindication":

Originally Posted by GangofRavens
I was one of the originals that spoke out against Flacco. I said in the game against the Jets I wish he'd get injuried so we could [put] Bulger in there. Hey the board ate me alive or at least the suckers tried to do so. The guy is easily rattled this is true.

Post by SugarRay 52I'm here to eat some humble pie, I was one of the ones who called you out when you bashed Flacco early in the season. I'm here to say you were right all along, Joe Choko sucks, he doesn't have "it" and this is not a knee jerk reaction. Joe won't be going anywhere but he will be on the hot seat bigtime now.

Tom Brady= A real QB, Joe Flacco= slow retard.

:rofl: At least some of them are starting to realize what we knew all along. :rofl:

saveus1011
01-16-2011, 01:37 AM
I get too emotional during games so I say stuff I really mean.

That said, I never give up on my boys.

btaylor179
01-16-2011, 01:52 AM
wow

toughsticks87
01-16-2011, 02:20 AM
I was 1 terrible play or turnover away from giving up hope. I'll be honest.

LVSteelersfan
01-16-2011, 02:27 AM
If the Ravens scored again after we had to punt after our first series in the second half, I would have probably given up. But the TOs started happening and the rest is history. Flacco sucks. We all know it. He proved it once again today.

tony hipchest
01-16-2011, 02:32 AM

:drink:

my philosophy is to not get too worked up about how anyone reacts to the games on this board as long as it isnt drawn out, repetitive, and trollish.

i understand that people will use this forum as a release, and i feel that is good for our fans.

the previous admin was relentless in constantly bitching about anyone who didnt constantly cheerlead with a smile despite a loss.

i never want to modearte this board in that way.

with that being said, it is joyous for us eternal optomists to make fun of those who constantly give up in games like these.

its not over 'til its ova! :tt02:

sharkweek
01-16-2011, 02:36 AM
If I hadn't seen Ben do it more time than I can remember in the fourth quarter I might have been thinking differently.

Sure, I was pretty down about the 21-7 half time deficit but I knew we were getting the ball to start the half and knew that Ben is easily one of the best QBs (arguably of all time) in the 4th quarter so I definitely wasn't going to just give up after just one half.

I specifically avoided the message board during the game because I knew I would have been too frustrated by all the downers and I typically try to counter them with some positive thinking but that usually just means I can't pay full attention to the game.

IMO this board just needs a karma system where members can award people with positive or negative karma points. With a profile option to ignore people with a certain negative level of karma it would be a great way to just avoid all the ridiculous downers and even trolls as well as award people who make positive contributions to the forum.

MACH1
01-16-2011, 02:38 AM
MACH!?!?!?! say it isnt so!

bu...bu...bu...boldin. :sofunny:

Yeah, gotta man up here take and take it. I thought it was one of those game where nothin went right. Thank gawd I was wrong.

MACH1
01-16-2011, 02:42 AM
Here's Mesa's contribution.

Aren't you the little tattle tale.

MACH1
01-16-2011, 02:45 AM

Dillhole :chuckle:

GMU Steeler
01-16-2011, 02:46 AM
If I hadn't seen Ben do it more time than I can remember in the fourth quarter I might have been thinking differently.

Sure, I was pretty down about the 21-7 half time deficit but I knew we were getting the ball to start the half and knew that Ben is easily one of the best QBs (arguably of all time) in the 4th quarter so I definitely wasn't going to just give up after just one half.

I specifically avoided the message board during the game because I knew I would have been too frustrated by all the downers and I typically try to counter them with some positive thinking but that usually just means I can't pay full attention to the game.

IMO this board just needs a karma system where members can award people with positive or negative karma points. With a profile option to ignore people with a certain negative level of karma it would be a great way to just avoid all the ridiculous downers and even trolls as well as award people who make positive contributions to the forum.
Was thinking the same way you were. Was I worried and upset? Hell yeah I was but I've seen Ben and this team have some magical wins over the years. One of my enduring memories is after Larry Fitzgerald got that quick TD in the Super Bowl a couple years back, a friend of my dad's who was watching the game with us declared the game done. Being a Steelers fan and familar with Ben's clutchness, I said "not so fast" and then Santonio made the catch and the rest is history. By and large, this team is always in games and I don't give up on them.

ricardisimo
01-16-2011, 03:37 AM
I kind of threw in the towel... only in that I stopped fighting with my kids at halftime. They were screaming at me that they wanted to watch superhero cartoons instead, making a frustrating game (to that point) doubly painful.

I gave up and popped in their DVD... and then thankfully logged in to watch a crappy low-res stream of the game instead. It was sweet watching the win and not hearing my kids call me names.

:tt04::tt02::tt::tt03:

ricardisimo
01-16-2011, 03:52 AM
I loved this one:
Good logic. Succo played good enough to win against Ben, yet he's 0-6. Got it genius. All close games, but all loses. Seems to me if Succo actually played WELL enough to WIN, he'd a won one by now. If you think he's playing well enough to win, but keeps loosing for some reason then that's between you and your therapist.
:toofunny::rofl:

SacknificentStew56
01-16-2011, 04:24 AM
I never lost faith but did post the problems that we were having during the game. I said we were "still in good shape" and got the uhh icon from someone on here that I can't remember.

pete74
01-16-2011, 05:42 AM
you go back to pages 44, 45 and 46 alot of people said the game was over. as long as we have this dominating defense and Ben we can beat any team in the NFL. Ziggy Hood is looking like our best lineman and Harrison is a complete monster. i had 5 grand on the steelers and the packs with the over so i was as mad as anyone when we were down by 14 but i never lost hope. i couldnt belive so many people calles the game over when we were down but Ben proved them wrong again.

Pittsburgh vs Green Bay

its coming

pete74
01-16-2011, 05:46 AM
:drink:

my philosophy is to not get too worked up about how anyone reacts to the games on this board as long as it isnt drawn out, repetitive, and trollish.

i understand that people will use this forum as a release, and i feel that is good for our fans.

the previous admin was relentless in constantly bitching about anyone who didnt constantly cheerlead with a smile despite a loss.

i never want to modearte this board in that way.

with that being said, it is joyous for us eternal optomists to make fun of those who constantly give up in games like these.

its not over 'til its ova! :tt02:

good post tony and i agree with you 100%. i dont like to see people lose hope but they are allowed to vent any way they want here.

Frankie3521
01-16-2011, 06:24 AM
We were only down two possessions at the half, why would anyone throw in the towel??

Rick5895
01-16-2011, 07:03 AM
"Our D has to force a turnover, We started well, but we gave them momentum. We need to start the 2nd half (first drive)with a TD or we're done!! "

Here is my last post on the Gameday thread. Not exactly throwing tin the towel, but Our D stepped up big. Even had we been losing by 4 tds I would have wacthed and cheered til the bitter end hoping for a win.

I will say this, there were peole actually complaining about our D in the first half, nothing that happended in the Ratbirds favor in that game last night should be put on our D. They were good in the first half but GREAT in the 2nd.

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2011, 07:44 AM
:toofunny:

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 09:01 AM

LOL

Shouldn't that be paddle tail? LOL

I'm just having a little fun at the expense of a few you. At least I gave you credit for eating crow.

Kanata-Steeler
01-16-2011, 09:29 AM
I never "throwel in the towel" with our "D".
But In all hoestly, I must admit, just after half-time I thought(for a few seconds), Ben and the O-Line will not be able to sustain enough drives to put up enough points against this Ravens-Defense.
Let's face it, it might as well have been 14-0 at that point.
Sometimes, Ben and the O-Line can be about as "consistent" as a circus clown in a fumeral-march.

But, WOW, Ben & Co pulled it all off superbly, near the end, (but with a LOT of help from our "D" too), Ward, Brown,... made some spectacular catches also

So yep, I kinda gave up on Ben and our O-Line for a couple minutes there. :(

Frankie3521
01-16-2011, 10:01 AM
^so, you're basically saying you threw in the towel

CargoJon
01-16-2011, 10:06 AM
not me. We're never out of it.

Stlrs4Life
01-16-2011, 10:11 AM
I admit, I gave up after the FG miss. And after the 3 and out after halftime.

ETL
01-16-2011, 10:16 AM
No matter what we have one thing in common. A love for the black and gold!!:drink::tt03::tt02::tt04::hatsoff:

Agreed 10000%!

steeltheone
01-16-2011, 01:15 PM
I was worried!

tony hipchest
01-16-2011, 02:36 PM
i had 5 grand on the steelers and the packs with the over so i was as mad as anyone when we were down by 14 but i never lost hope. its coming

:jawdrop:

congrats!

:drink: (beer is on you) :chuckle:

TRH
01-16-2011, 02:40 PM
i admit it. I said "thats game".....at that point we were looking dead and i thought for sure that not only would it be hard to come back, but that the Ravens would tack on more points as well.
That was an incredible comeback.

grward
01-16-2011, 02:47 PM
I'll admit I was preparing myself for a loss at the half. I had hope but was trying to keep a loss from devastating me. Although, there's not enough preparation in the world and the loss would still have been devastating!

MikeHaullace
01-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Ray Seals would not approve of this behavior.

4xSBChamps
01-16-2011, 02:57 PM
despite being behind by 14 points at the half, the Pittsburgh defense has too-many game-changing play-makers (Harrison, Woodley, Polamalu, etc.) who can win games themselves (harkening back to the '72-'76 team), Baltimore had shown no-ability to sustain any offensive momentum, and Flacco hasn't had as-many big come-from-behind wins as Roethlisberger:
though 'concerned', there was no-reason to give-up

steelax04
01-16-2011, 03:08 PM
I had a horrible day snowboarding and I thought the shitty day was just going to continue with a Steelers loss... Then I had a decision to make, watch Deliverance or the Steelers game. I switched back to the game after halftime and the rest is history.