PDA

View Full Version : Championships

SteelKnight
01-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Too bad the NFC championship game is before the AFC game.

My plan was if we win, root for the easiest opponent but if we lose, root for the Packers so they have a shot to beat the Pats. That sucks...

I just don't know.

TOOLofSTEEL
01-16-2011, 12:39 AM
I want the Packers. I was impressed with Aaron Rodgers, and that team in general.

I think it'd be a great game, but we could take them. Plus if the Patriots do win... That leave a glimmer of hope for another Giants-style upset. :applaudit:

Right now, all I want to know is who we play next. And getting past them.

lionslicer
01-16-2011, 12:41 AM
I'm sure whoever wins the NFC championship will be praying for the Steelers to win if they are facing the Pats, but praying for the Jets if they win.

SteelKnight
01-18-2011, 07:18 PM
I'm sure whoever wins the NFC championship will be praying for the Steelers to win if they are facing the Pats, but praying for the Jets if they win.

I agree. They will be rooting for the Jets.

Now that the Pats lost, I can relax and root for the Bears.

mesaSteeler
01-18-2011, 07:44 PM

My plan was if we win, root for the easiest opponent but if we lose, root for the Packers so they have a shot to beat the Pats. That sucks...

I just don't know.

It gives more time to rest our players. Granted it's only four hours or so but every little bit helps. We did pick up a extra day of rest on the Jets by playing Saturday.

Atlanta Dan
01-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Means I will watch the NFC championship

When the Steelers play the AFC Championship first I usually am not able to pay attention to the second NFC Championship game - of course under Cowher the Steelers usually played first and usually lost (1994, 1997, 2001:banging:), so I was too drunk and depressed to watch the NFC Championship

SteelKnight
01-19-2011, 01:14 AM
Means I will watch the NFC championship

When the Steelers play the AFC Championship first I usually am not able to pay attention to the second NFC Championship game - of course under Cowher the Steelers usually played first and usually lost (1994, 1997, 2001:banging:), so I was too drunk and depressed to watch the NFC Championship

LOL

I thought I was going to be seriously into the GB ATL game but i was too excited from hour game so I watched it while doing other things. My focus was off. I was too happy to care.

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2011, 06:04 PM

I just don't know.
and yet another lesson learned about prematurely crowning the pats champs. :coffee:

SteelKnight
01-19-2011, 10:03 PM
and yet another lesson learned about prematurely crowning the pats champs. :coffee:

No lesson learned. I'd rather expect the worst and hope for the best. I was hoping for the Jets to win but not expecting it. I like being pleasantly wrong.

A lot of people can walk around here saying this and that now that the Pats lost but had they won, these people all would have been quiet.

It's just like when I said the Ravens were going to beat the Chiefs. I knew there was a small chance the Chiefs could upset but i wasn't counting on it. Those who were saying I shouldn't count the Chiefs out never came around after the Baltimore game.
:coffee: Had the Chiefs won they would have been running their mouths.